Start by marking “One Summer in Paris” as Want to Read:

One Summer in Paris

“Morgan is a masterful storyteller, and readers will be fully immersed in this realistic but magical summer in Paris. Packed full of love, loss, heartbreak, and hope, this may just be Morgan’s best book yet. For fans of Jojo Moyes, Taylor Jenkins Reid, and Stacey Ballis” -Booklist Review on One Summer in Paris

USA TODAY bestselling author Sarah Morgan returns with this hear
Published April 9th 2019 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about One Summer in Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Summer in Paris

KAS
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Are you searching for a light hearted, well written women’s fiction read, with a smidge of romance and a dash of humor on the side? Look no further.

Betrayed and bewildered, Grace, whose marriage is over, plans to spend a month alone in Paris. She originally booked the trip as a surprise for her husband to celebrate their twenty-fifth wedding anniversary, but the surprise was on Grace, as he asks her for a divorce.

Very independent, strong willed and eighteen years of age, Audrey, has never felt l
Paromjit
I read a lot of bleak, dark and disturbing fiction and non-fiction, and every now and then it means I have a real need for something light, well written and which is just pure entertainment, and for this purpose, Sarah Morgan serves as the perfect antidote to my normal reading fare. Her latest novel takes us to the beautiful and romantic location of Paris. Grace Porter is in her late forties, living in Woodbrook, a small picture perfect town in Connecticut, where everyone knows everyone. She is ...more
Berit☀️✨
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
An enchanting tale of amour et amitié, set in the city of lights!

Sarah Morgan Rights such beautiful stories that completely ensnare my heart! This book was such a treat, amazing characters, a gorgeous setting, and a heart felt plot. The story was so real and raw, full of emotion and hope. Seriously, who wouldn’t want to spend their summer living above a bookshop in Paris?

Grace is a planner, and she has planned the ultimate surprise. A trip to Paris for her husband and herself for their 25th we
Theresa Alan
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read two depressing nonfiction books in a row, so I was in need of a light, fluffy read, and this cute book was what I needed. Dyslexic Audrey goes to Paris to get away from her alcoholic mother. Grace had planned a trip to France to celebrate her wedding anniversary, only to learn that her husband has been having an affair with a much younger woman. So Grace goes to Paris on her own and befriends Audrey, helping her with her French. Together, they help each other find romance and adventure an ...more
"Now go and write your own story, and don't forget the actions."
Grace's husband announces his affair on their 25th wedding anniversary, and their anniversary vacation reservation is now for one.

18-year-old Audrey has been gravely parentified by her alcoholic mother but a new man in her mother's life gives her a reprieve, and she finally has the opportunity to start a life of her own.

Two women.

An inspiring Paris setting that promises new stories for them both.

A bump in the road brings thes
Sheyla ✎
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc, publisher

One Summer in Paris is about two women, Grace Porter and Audrey Hackett. They live in different worlds until their worlds collide in the City of Lights.

Grace lives in Connecticut. She's married and has a teenage daughter, Sophie. She visits her grandmother, Mimi frequently who's living in an assisted living. Grace is happy with her life and she's excited about celebrating her twenty-five-year anniversary. She has planned to surprise her husband with a vacation of a lifetime, a trip to Paris for
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Awesome story of love, life, and change.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just love it when I pick up a book that is so different than what I expected. This is the first time reading this author and I really had no clue about her style of writing or the stories that she tells.

What I found was a beautiful story about life. We all have trials and tribulations. We have beautiful moments and sometimes moments that truly suck. The author depicted this roller coaster perfectly in this story.

She takes a shocking sit
Zoe
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pensive, uplifting, and delightfully addictive!

One Summer in Paris is a heartwarming, compelling tale that takes you on a journey to the magical City of Lights and into the lives of the middle-aged, newly single Grace and the young, unsettled Audrey as they discover together the importance of taking chances, accepting change, embracing the future, and finding contentment.

The prose is amusing and polished. The characters are complex, quirky, authentic, and endearing. And the plot is a beguiling s
Heather~ Nature.books.and.coffee
Thank you to Harlequin publicity for my copy! All opinions are my own! This book was so enjoyable! It was light and just what I needed. It takes us to Paris. Grace had planned a 25th wedding anniversary trip for her and her husband David to go to Paris. That same day, he decides to break the news to her that he wants a divorce. The way this goes down made me feel so sad for Grace! She decides to go on her own, and try to find herself again. Then we have Audrey, a young girl from London. She is d ...more
Pauline
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
One Summer in Paris by Sarah Morgan is a story of two women. Grace who’s husband who wants to divorce her after 25 years of marriage, and Audrey who is desperate to leave home and lead her own life. The women start an unlikely friendship as they try to start new beginnings.
Unfortunately this is not my usual read and the story did not hold my interest.
I would like to thank NetGalley and HQ for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
Amy
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you’re like me and have always dreamed of spending a summer in Paris but can’t ever quite make it work then this sweet book may be the next best thing! Not only was I totally captivated by both of the main characters and their individual stories, I felt truly swept away to Paris myself.

This is told from both Grace and Audrey’s point of view as they are both at a sort of a crossroads in their lives. Although they are years and miles apart living totally different lives, when they have a chance
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

This was such a good story. I really enjoyed the friendship that developed between Grace and Audrey. They come from different places, have many different experiences, but have a common bond. With both facing uncertain times in their lives, they form a relationship that will endure time. New experiences for each of them has them depending on the other for support, guidance and advice from fashion to love. This is great read for anyone looking for a feel good story.
Rachel Gilbey
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If only I had known how addictive and how much I was going to be pulled into this story, I would have waited to read it for when I could give it my undivided attention. Well I was intending to read it on holiday, but my finger slipped and once I have a Sarah Morgan open on my kindle, I'm not closing it again until I have read it!

From very early on, there were many moments that had me giving mini gasps and had me reaching for the next chapter, eager to know what would happen next. Whenever I was
Karen Whittard
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What drew me into this book in the first instance, other than being written by an author that I absolutely love and would recommend to all. Is the stunning front cover. I mean it is beautiful. I can imagine myself walking the streets of Paris, eating a cake from a patisserie and enjoying a Parisian summer.

Then I read the bio on the back and I knew that this book would be absolutely perfect for me.

This book is a little bit different to Sarah’s previous books, it’s grittier and the characters ha
Shelby
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grace is happy with her life. After 25-years of marriage, she’s still madly in love her husband. They live in a small, East Coast town where they’ve known everyone for years. Their daughter, Sophie, is ready to head off to college on the West Coast next fall. Grace spends her days teaching at a local school and a French course to her grandmother and other senior citizens at an elderly facility. For her and her husband’s 25th anniversary, Grace decided to buy them a month-long vacation to none ot ...more
Amy
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it

On the surface this book appears to delve deeply into the lives of two very different opposite women. Everything from age, social background, country, circumstances. However as the story develops, and this one most certainly does - the differences seem to melt away and an unlikely friendship is formed.

Both Grace & Audrey arrive in Paris at almost the same time. Both escaping their regular run of the mill lives that are so suffocating, the only way out seems to be to go to France.

A
Amanda McGill
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, netgallery
For full review - The Limit of Books Does Not Exist

One Summer in Paris gets an extra star for having the perfect setting of Paris. The author did a wonderful job of setting the scene. I could easily picture Paris, walking the streets and envisioning the sights.

I loved both of the main characters – Grace, who is grieving the end of her 25 year marriage and Audrey, a 18 year old who is still discovering who she is. I loved their interactions and their friendship that they build.

This isn’t the perf
Paula Sealey
I always look forward to a new book from Sarah Morgan as I love her skill at combining interesting characters with romance. Sadly, I wouldn't add this book to one of my favourites by her. It was a quick read, perfect for spending an afternoon with, but I didn't really connect with either of the two main characters and found the story a touch slow in places. The ending ties the various threads of the story up nicely, but maybe a little too predictably for my liking. A good read, but not one I'd r ...more
Teresa
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a little hesitant when I first started this book, because I knew it was different from what I'd come to expect from Sarah Morgan. But I ended up being unable to put it down. It was a story about two women at vastly different stages in life. There is an almost 30 year age difference, but when they meet, a near instant friendship is formed. And it was this friendship, and their journey as characters, that made me glad I picked this one up. I loved the way they helped and changed each other. ...more
Fabulous Book Fiend
I always look forward to reading a new novel by Sarah Morgan. They invariably have such great settings. When I found that this story takes place in Paris, my imagination went immediately to romance, music, amazing food and wonderful scenery. That’s what I found, encasing a beautiful story of a most unlikely friendship and enduring love.

The story revolves around two strong women from very different backgrounds. Grace finds after twenty-five years of marriage that her husband no longer wants to be
Donna Hines
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
The relationships we forge can last a lifetime especially those connected through the most unusual of circumstances.
Here we have a relationship between Audrey a 40 yo recently single living within the confines of marriage and her neighbor 18 yo Grace whose a misfit living life on the wilder side.
Now Audrey confirms that her husband of 25 yrs seeks divorce all while she's on the verge of celebrating their anniversary alone in Paris.
How did they get here and can they go back or do they even want t
Under the Covers Book Blog
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it

After years of reading Sarah Morgan, I think I've found the real sweet spot where I think she excels.  And that happens to be the women's fiction genre.  I was extremely excited to read ONE SUMMER IN PARIS because of that and what's better than a book that will transport you to a beautiful locale!  This is the story of two women, Audrey and Grace
Lori
I really enjoyed this one. Right up until the very end. And that's just personal preference. I think some people are really going to love how it ends and some people are going to hate it. I can understand the feelings behind it but it just wasn't for me. But up until that point, I was really enjoying it.
The most important part of this book is the friendship that develops between the two main characters, Grace and Audrey. It was lovely and really inspiring. The two women are complete opposites b
Michele
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

An absolutely lovely story about the importance of friendship and the real life issues and choices we all must face, One Summer in Paris swept me off my feet with its honesty and dynamic characters.

Whether it’s contemporary romance or women’s fiction (this book was the latter) Sarah Morgan can certainly turn a phrase. There is always an easy flow to her writing, with each scene and character interaction fitting the storyline to pe
Nicola Clough
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simply fantastic book from the first page and has you hooked all the way through. You will laugh and cry in places but also has hard parts and makes you think. It's so heartwarming and romantic and learning to be yourself and realise that people do love you. Full of families to and telling secrets. Such a brilliant front cover and the characters are great and the setting is so wonderful you believe you are there with them.
Grace has been happily married for 25 years and thinks she is so in love
booksofallkinds
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I voluntarily reviewed this book from the Publisher

ONE SUMMER IN PARIS by Sarah Morgan is a breathtakingly wonderful story about finding yourself and the meaning of true friendship, and it is easily my favourite book by this author so far.

Grace knows what it is like to grow up in chaos so as an adult, happily married to her best friend David, and her daughter Sophie about to go travelling and move to University, Grace has done everything to give those she loves a perfect, ordered, loving life.
Books and Spoons
An ode to the strong women and the tight bonds of true friendship that encourage them to be the best version of themselves, through tears and laughter, through pain and growth, love and loss, they always stand by us, hold us up when needed, and never say they are 'just fine'.
When cheating and third person issues are one of my hard limits on the romance novels I read, the author's name was the only reason I said yes to review this title. And I am immensely glad that I did say yes, and I want to
K.S. Marsden
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Grace and Audrey have nothing in common, but when chance leads them to the same bookshop in Paris, they begin a friendship that will mend their broken lives.

I received a free copy from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

I was looking forward to reading this book when I was on holiday earlier this month. I thought it would be a fun and flirty Rom Com, and... it was, but it was so much more.
The main focus of this story is the friendship between Grace and Audrey, and I loved it.

Grace lives
Debbie
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Morgan

In Sarah Morgan’s latest absolutely fabulous stand-alone women’s fiction novel she introduces two very different women who fate brings together on a Paris avenue and changes both their lives forever. Grace Porter from Connecticut never could have believed that when she booked her month-long twenty-fifth anniversary surprise trip to Paris for her and her husband she’d be going alone, while across the pond in London eighteen year old Audrey Hackett’s plan to spend th
Bethany
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One Summer in Paris is a fantastic book about love, friendship, healing, and re-discovering yourself. Grace is always perfectly organized and for her 25'th wedding anniversary she has planned a romantic month-long trip to Paris as a surprise for her husband. But that night he tells her he has been having an affair with a much younger woman and wants a divorce.

Grace ends up going to Paris alone where she befriends Audrey, a young woman from London escaping an alcoholic mom and academic struggles
  • The View from Alameda Island
  • Life and Other Inconveniences
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • Swimming for Sunlight
  • All the Wrong Places
  • Before She Was Found
  • Dangerous Beauty (Dangerous Beauty, #1)
  • My Ex-Best Friend's Wedding
  • The Sweetest Thing
  • Missing Daughter
  • Unforgettable You (Silver Springs, #5)
  • Maybe This Time
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Midnight at the Wandering Vineyard
  • Hot to the Touch (Brotherhood by Fire, #1)
  • Her Secret Son
  • The Memory House
  • Death in Kew Gardens (Kat Holloway Mysteries, #3)
About Sarah

USA Today and Sunday Times bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes romance and contemporary women's fiction and her trademark humour and warmth have gained her fans across the globe. Sarah lives near London, England, and when she isn't reading or writing she loves being outdoors.

ONE SUMMER IN PARIS, a story of change, love and friendship, is out now!

Join Sarah on Facebook: https://www.f