Start by marking “The C Word (Just a Word, #1)” as Want to Read:
The C Word (Just a Word, #1)

The C Word

(Just a Word #1)

“You must keep it inside.
You must never let it out.
It must never gain control.
Let it be who you are and you will lose everything.
Do I make myself clear?”
“Yes, Sir.”

Control
It’s a way of life for Max McQueen.
It doesn't come easy, but he thought he had it mastered.
Until now
Now nothing works
It’s slipping away ...more
Published (first published September 17th 2015)

Start your review of The C Word (Just a Word, #1)
Nina Life of a Bookworm
TCWfb

TheCWordFINAL

Blurb:

“You must keep it inside.

You must never let it out.

It must never gain control.

Let it be who you are and you will lose everything.

Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes, Sir.”

It’s a way of life f

Karen
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I make no apology. It isn't really a secret. I don't like paranormal.

I just don't get it. But, my adoration of Kerry Heavens compelled me to read The C Word. Getting over the argument going on in my head I hunkered down and got to know Maxi - City Boy, and T - Rocker Boy.

One thing I do love is M/M and I have to give a big thumbs up for the M/M sex scenes. Very hot. I shan't reveal, but there is a particular thing they do that I find such a turn on. I needed to find a Tumblr scene to
Dawn Higgins
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well i was pleasently suprised by this book, but i shouldn't of been as i saw a review from a book girlfriend of mine and we both like similar books so i was intrigued,glad i picked this up as i really liked this story it gripped me from the off.

The start of this book had me hooked but it wasn't what i thought at all,this story kept my attention as you never knew what was happening,the story line was fabulous where it kept you guessing and then you just needed to find out more.
Tristan
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, shifter
2.5/3

This book has potential. The plot was different than the traditional shifter book, for that it impressed me for the first half of the book - especially with the mix of bdsm into the paranormal. However, that didn't last long and the later half of the book fail to explore the plot potential. The plot progression was clumsy, and especially rushed near the end. The writing, while wasn't bad it was lacking. My biggest problem with the book is probably Max, the narrator. The author seemed to w
MM Laberge
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forget about any prejudice you could have about your reading preferences; none matters with this book/series. Why? Because the ride is freaking awesome, so intense and so addictive, you’re only left with one word on the tip of your lips at the end of this... MORE.
Max is ... indescribable. Really, he’s so complexe, so obsessed.... being in his head is almost like riding a race car; its a swift of adrenaline, exhilaration and intensity.... you feel like he could take you anywhere, you’ll follow..
Julia Stevens
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fbbf-oxford
Really enjoyed this short but very hot and sexy m/m (also some m/f) pnr book. It's the first in the series and introduces Max, he's not human and he's all about control, he must keep the beast at bay. He's a successful career man, following in his fathers footsteps and control is everything, until he's drawn to mysterious bass player T and suddenly all his rules start to unravel.
This is a hot, steamy read, intriguing story with some mild bdsm and a lot of potential. The paranormal side is
Angie H
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book although it’s not my usual genre. A short but good start in The C Word series.
Max is the hot City Boy shape shifter who is in control of his beast, until T the young musician turns up on the scene hell bent on breaking Max’s control.
Ann (Literary Lust)
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this book, it was an enjoyable read. Even though it was written 3 years ago it appears to be the first in a series and I'm glad as I would like to read more and see where things go for Max.
Sally Johnson
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why did I wait so long to read this book? I devoured it. Then when I turned the last page and there was no more, I discovered even I have beast in me, and she growled.

Maxi is insistent on keeping his life under control. He's insistent on keeping the beast within him under control. Control. Control. Control.
Me... I was screaming lose control all the way through. I wanted to see what happens!

A mystery guy called T enters Maxi's life, sending things sideways *insert a big swoon*. Richard, Mr Bet
Lynne
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-read
I’m new to Kerry Heavens. Never read her work before and at the suggestion of a friend I was able to read an arc of “The C Word”. It was described to me as a M/M paranormal/shifter series. After having just read a book like this, I definitely wanted to give this new intriguing genre a try.

Maximus (Maxi) McQueen strives for one thing and one thing only and that’s: CONTROL. See Maxi has a side to him that the humans of this world would never understand. He is an entity that is just bey
Nicole Huffman ~ Author Groupies
I just dabble in paranormal books and have never read a shifter book, but I decided to take a chance on this book and am so glad I did!!! I LOVED IT! I was first drawn in by the cover and then the synopsis got me intrigued. This book is extremely well written and the story flows so well. It is a quick read but you really get to know the characters and become invested in the story.

This is part one of the story and in it we meet and get to know the characters. We get their backgrounds
Vicki
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay. Now I have ANOTHER author to add to my "must read when they bring something new out" list! This is book one. GIVE ME BOOK TWO!!! Jesus Christ you guys don't play fair! Do you know how difficult it is to read in a hospital waiting room and stifle a groan and not squirm in one of their bloody uncomfortable chairs? THE BLOODY THINGS SQUEAK AND EVERYONE TURNS AROUND!! Yep. It happened. Right from the first page the story had me gripped. Oh yeah Dom will laugh at that! I love how the story unfo ...more
Dawn
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Control

Max is all about control. He needs it. Not having it makes him crazy. Max works hard to maintain control of all aspects of his life. When he feels his control slipping, he goes to Richard who "helps" him rein it in.

T is everything Max is not. He's easy going, he's blue jeans while Max is pressed seams and suits, T is a rocker and Max is a banker and yet they are drawn to each other. Compelled towards one another like a force of nature.

I could not pu
Taylor
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I forgot how much this book moved me and gripped me by the throat.

This is not your typical supernatural read. This is something on a higher plane. Even if you are someone who is not a fan of paranormal, you may just find something here for you.

Maxi is struggling to keep a hold of his C word and when "T" walks across his path, that is challenged even more. Watching Maxi try and control his urges and desires is delightful in a way that the witch in Snow White makes the poison apple. You cannot s
Liis McKinstry
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dude. I've maybe read a handful of paranormal books and that's only if I count the Twilight series among them. See - I don't even know enough about the genre to know what's included in it.

Anyway, I do have a point here. And that is that I'll try not to lose my ever-loving mind as I wait for the next book. I need more of everything that I just read, and I needed it yesterday.
Gabriela Aveledo
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was intense. I had never read M/M, but OMG, I loved it! I ' not giving it 5 stars, because of the very mean cliffhanger! Absolutely great book!
Fatavia
3.5 stars loved it just wanted a lil more.
Riina Y.T.
I was excited to read this but then... I don't know what happened. Guess it just didn't work for me :(
Diana Mounts
Jeanine
Aug 06, 2017
Nichole
Oct 22, 2015
Indie author, iPhone addict & general ray of sunshine! I write steamy romance, dirty romcoms and other such smut.