Start by marking “Grandma's General Store - The Ark” as Want to Read:
Grandma's General Store - The Ark

Grandma's General Store - The Ark

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  3 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Faith, courage, and an indomitable grandmother
When Prince and Pearl's father loses his job at the sawmill, he and their mother head north to make a better life for themselves and their children. They leave Prince and Pearl in Florida helping their grandma run her small general store she calls the Ark, a haven for all the hardworking people in their small black community.
Published March 1st 2005 by Farrar Straus Giroux (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Grandma's General Store - The Ark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grandma's General Store - The Ark

Elizabeth
Nov 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Literary Topic:

Characterization- " I could run as fast as Prince, though he was almost seven and I was still five."

Symbolism- The little ark

Theme- I think the theme for this book is that all you need is hard work and determination for a good change.

Narrotor's Perspective- Third person " Are we gonna be blown away?" asked Prince.

Author's point of view- I believe the author's point of view of this book is that if you wait awhile good things happen in the end.

Mood- Sarrowful

Tone- The author is tryi
Candice
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
great book, wonderful setting, very calm quiet read.
Jordan
This book was good at first but when I got in the middle of it i did'nt really like it so I aboned it .
Dawn