Start by marking “Beyond the Bases” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Bases

Beyond the Bases

What happens when you want more in life than just running the bases?

You hang out at home plate and stop playing the field.

He's sexy and irresistible. I've done my best to ignore the magnetism that flows between us. I don't need complications in my life. I can't get wrapped up in his world, the last thing I need is to get attached to a professional athlete. I don’t have ti
Published July 31st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Bases, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Bases

Start your review of Beyond the Bases
Alex ♈
4 – 4.5 stars

Absolutely sweet and safe love story!

Very likable main characters, adorable kid, touching moments, 4 epilogues!!!

Strong heroine, I only wish she tried to move on prior she met the hero (at least tried), so that they were not that unequal in their experience. But since the hero was not a manwhore (though he ‘played the field’ in the past), I could cope with her being celibate for over 4 years.

Safe! Zero OW drama.
Actually very low on drama – and I loved it! I hate, when authors crea
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Very sweet book. Very sweet hero. I loved the hero and his relationship with the heroine's daughter.
I loved how there's no drama. That's it. No drama. Let me repeat that No drama.
Who wants to read about a hero who's shoving his d*ck or tongue in someone other than his heroine? Well I can tell who doesn't want to read that.. ME!!
Nicla
If you are looking for a VERY sweet fairy tale romance with an amazing hero highly recommend this.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
Any couple separation (view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low
Heat Level: Medium
Andrea Fleury
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There love was full of hope.

A gorgeous Baseball player and a sad woman. They meet and she doesn't believe who he says he is. It takes him awhile to convince her that he is an honest guy. Then he meets her daughter.
Janie
Easton was an amazing hero. I adored little Princess Paisley. Larissa got on my nerves quite a bit for about half the book. Still worth it just for Easton and paisley.
Dilek VT
Jul 24, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF at 50%

How could anyone finish reading this book? It is incredibly boring and sickeningly sweet.

I like sweet books but not like this. This is ridiculous. And too boring. Unbearable boring.

*********************************************

A famous baseball player meets a girl and there is instant attraction. He goes after her and she keeps rejecting him. He wants to go on a date but she keeps saying no. Then he discovers that she is a single mum and she is trying to both work and finish her schoo
Becca
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet read that will have you melting from one seriously hot ball player!

Easton Monroe doesn't know what it is about Larissa but he has this need to know more about her. The only problem is, she doesn't seem to want anything to do with him. But East doesn't give up. He's tired on the playboy lifestyle most pro ball players lead. Not that he is as bad as his friend Drew. He's ready to have one woman to come home to. One woman to be his.

Larissa doesn't understand why the most eligible bachelor i
Stories in Review
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
description

Kaylee Ryan is an author who I can expect greatness from. Every time I pick up a novel written by her I instantly know two things. First being this novel is going to have some great family values and second this novel is going to literally cause my heart to split in two just by pure joy. Beyond The Bases went above and beyond these expectations.

I love going into books blind, its my newest niche and I found I love the element of surprise that comes with not knowing and key elements that are in th
Tianna✸loves books✸
This is sweet and safe book.

H is a sport star. Luckily he is a not a manwhore. He is a good guy. One day he meets the h and falls for her. It was love at first sight for him. He pursues her, she pushes him away. He keeps trying and asking why she denies him. She just says “other obligations ”. It turns out that the other obligation is that she has a kid. Her husband is dead and she doesn’t want her heart broken again.
But eventually the H enters her life slowly. First he wins her daughters heart
Amanda Steward
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t put this book down. I’ve loved every single book I’ve read by Kaylee and this one didn’t disappoint. I don’t know who I liked more Easton Larissa, or Paisley. And this has got to be one of the cutest covers I’ve seen in a while!
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super sweet and no drama (some form of drama would have def made it a 5 star read). Great characters and East is def in the top 10 book boyfriends!
Heroesinbooks
3 Larissa and Easton Stars

This was a very sweet love story with a very reluctant heroine. Larissa married young and her husband was killed at work. She has an adorable 4 yr old daughter and her life is busy and complicated. Then she meets Easton who is a hugely popular and successful baseball player. He pursues her from the start but she is reluctant to take the risk of falling in love again....but Easton wants her and nothing is standing in his way.

This is a really safe book. There is virtuall
Fiona Fog
In my top ten reads

This is on my top ten reads this year! It had everything I crave in a fantastic story. The feels, the teary moments will do just that, have you shedding a few tears.

A really feel good story about loss and survival. When Larissa lost the love of her life it was the same day she found out out she was pregnant. Being widowed at such a young age she’s struggled to make something of her life. Working and attending class she’s doing it. No time for romance she has goals for herself
Jenny
Plot rating: 5 stars
Dialogue rating: 3.5 stars
Storytelling rating: 4.5 stars
Story ending rating: 5 stars
Other woman/men drama: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)
**********************************************
Overall rating: 5 stars

Oh. My.
Jami
This is one of my favorite Kaylee Ryan books.
Larissa is a hard worker. Between working full time, taking college courses and being a single mom, she simply does not have time in her life for any distractions.
Easton meets Larissa out at a bar on a rare night that she is out and knows that she is different. She is not falling all over him because he is a professional baseball player. She actually wants nothing to do with him. That makes him want to get to know her even more. Easton pulls out all t
Somia
Larissa lost the man she loved young, now she has no time for romance she's focusing on making a good life for herself and her daughter. When she meets Easton the first baseman for the Tennessee Blaze, she is more than a little hesitant to start anything, but his persistence and care with her daughter quickly wins her over. The minute he saw her Easton found himself drawn to Larissa, and his determined to show her that his the man for her and her little girl.

A super light, sweet and easy one tim
Reigne
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing hero....
Steph
This book was great. It was a no angst, no drama just beautiful story. Larissa drove me nuts in the beginning but I did come to really like her. Easton was amazing!
Samantha
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Easton Monroe plays first base for the Tennessee Blaze baseball team. He’s been over playing the field and having meaningless sex. He’s in a bar with a friend where the team hangs out and in walks Larissa..... who wants nothing to do with him and doesn’t know who he is.

Larissa is a single mom who has a lot of responsibility and no time for heartache. The last thing she needs is Easton Monroe working his way into her and her daughters heart and then breaking both of them. Easton pursues her and
Jessy

I decided to round the rating up after those epilogues (yes, epilogues, in plural) - they were super touching, I had to fight tears at the beach haha (and I don't often cry while reading).

I loved that the hero was devoted to the heroine and her (adorable) daughter from day 1 (even though his relentless pursuit made me uncomfortable at times). I also loved that there was zero unnecessary drama (no other women, misunderstanding or separation) - it's only the second dramafree romance I hav
Nance
3.5 star rating

I’m always “game” to read a sports romance. This was just an “okay” read for me. It just didn’t seem like all that much went on. But, there is a totally swoon-worthy hero that I loved. And a cute and adorable little girl. The heroine was sort of a hit or miss for me. She was slow on her feet as far as giving Easton a chance. But, she had a young daughter to be concerned about. So, in that respect, her choice was justifiable. All in all it wasn’t a bad book. I just wish there was a
Kim
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

It was candy coated sweet from beginning to end.
It wasn't insta-love, more instant commitment. Easton and Paisley's relationship was adorable. Larissa was a slow burn to likeable for me, mainly because she tried to many times to paint Easton into an insincere stereotype.
The use of 'I'm a single mother' was a little overdone. It didn't need reminding five times a chapter.
Biggest complaint, the story moved a little slow.
I did like the time jump epilogues.
Karen
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweetness and light. Easton is 100% book boyfriend!!!

The cover is HOT!!
RomanceBookVixen
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
5 Stars!!!

This book was so romantic. I loved it!!!!
Heather
This could've been so good, and it should've been good, but alas it was not.

There were a lot of things that bothered me about this book but it didn't entirely have to do with the overall plot or its characters. Ok, maybe Easton bothered me a lot but I think it has more to do with how he was written and executed because the actual core of his character was quite nice. I didn't mind that the story was about a professional baseball player falling for a single mom and just wanting to be there for b
☆☆Hannah☆☆
This was a good read. Easton is a professional baseball player. He meets Larissa and falls for her instantly. She has a daughter and because of that she is hesitant. However, she soon learns that Easton not only loves her but loves her daughter too. They of course get their happy ending.
Liz
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kaylee Ryan is an immediate 1-click author for me and stories like Beyond the Bases is why. She gives us characters and stories that captivate us and make us feel every word! I literally devoured this book!

Easton Monroe play for the MLB. He knows what it means to be a professional athlete and all that comes with it. But he is also tired of some of it. But it is hard to let people in, let alone trust them, when you are a public figure. But when a chance encounter with a woman leaves him wanting
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Kaylee Ryan hit it out of the park with Beyond the Bases!

Easton Monroe is a professional baseball who wants more than a random hook up with some baseball groupie. He wants someone who he can come home to after practice, after a home game and after spending time on the road. Larissa is a young hard working woman. She in school and close to finishing her accounting degree and works in a restaurant which leads to little free time for other activities. Her best friend, Chloe, convinces her to go out

• My Kinda Forever (Summer Sisters #6)
  • Nixon (Raleigh Raptors #1)
  • Play Me
  • Fool Me Once
  • My Kinda Wedding: A Summer Sisters Novella
  • Hooking Him (How to Catch an Alpha, #3)
  • Flirting with Forever
  • Clutch Player (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Best Laid Plans
  • My Kinda Player (Summer Sisters #5)
  • Roman (Raleigh Raptors Book 2)
  • Takedown (Fighting Love #3)
  • Pants On Fire
  • Blind Love (Cowboys and Angels #5)
  • This Love (Cowboys and Angels #6)
  • Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha #1)
  • My Kinda Night (Summer Sisters #2)
  • Wrecked For You (Exposed Hearts, #2)
NYT & USA Today Bestselling Author