Start by marking “The Promised Neverland, Tome 1” as Want to Read:
The Promised Neverland, Tome 1

The Promised Neverland, Tome 1

(The Promised Neverland #1)

Emma, Norman et Ray coulent des jours heureux à l'orphelinat Grace Field House. Entourés de leurs petits frères et soeurs, ils s'épanouissent sous l'attention pleine de tendresse de « Maman », qu'ils considérent comme leur véritable mère. Mais tout bascule le soir où ils découvrent l'abominable réalité qui se cache derrière la façade de leur vie paisible ! Ils doivent s'éc ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Published April 25th 2018 by Kazé (first published December 2nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Promised Neverland, Tome 1, please sign up.
PekeDevil Creo que llegues muchos meses tarde, pero te respondo. Antes que nada, decirte de forma resumida que sí hay escenas que ponen los pelos de punta. Si…moreCreo que llegues muchos meses tarde, pero te respondo. Antes que nada, decirte de forma resumida que sí hay escenas que ponen los pelos de punta. Si quieres una respuesta más extensa, aunque con spoilers, yo sí que le pondría los siguientes trigger warnings:
<spoiler>
- Muerte de niños pequeños (no se ve el acto, pero sí el resultado).
- Se ve al menos 1 cadáver
- En si la trama sí es siniestra así que aunque no pase nada de forma visual tú lo sabes (hay gente que es sensible a esas cosas)</spoiler>
(less)

ELLIAS (elliasreads)
I just finished watching the first two episodes of the anime and I AM SCREAMING I NEED IT NOW. Bought the first three volumes. Fingers crossed y'all. Shit went from 100-1,000,000 REAL QUICK .

If you spoil anything me, I will literally explode and be so sad so please....no
fucking
s p o i l e r s.

Iryna *Book and Sword*
Perfection!!

I watched the anime and now I'm starting to read the manga - both are spectacular!
Anime is atmospheric and beautifully done, with amazing production value and great soundtrack (that's been stuck in my head for days now).
Manga is detailed, beautiful and fast paced.
Also - the whole thing is pretty Dark. In the best of ways.

You can do either one, but honestly, for something this good I have no regrets for spending my time doing both. I cannot wait to read the next volumes!

My WEBSITE
Miriam
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a solid, creepy sci-fi horror that I think is suitable for children as well as adults.
(Er, at least as far as graphic content goes; maybe not if you think your kids will have nightmares after reading about orphans whose surrogate mother is actually (view spoiler))
Evelina | AvalinahsBooks
Kids, demons, a dystopian world. Sure sounded like an interesting premise, but... Maybe it's just not for me. The storytelling is incredibly repetitive, survival is presented like some Hercule Poirot mystery, and it's all just a bit drab. I might have liked this as a child - but it didn't keep me interested enough now. I felt like DNFing quite a few times, and even while being manga, what with a page taking me no longer than 10 seconds, if even that, I still couldn't read fast enough. Not going ...more
Maria
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Woooooow what a PROMISING start! So far this manga has already surpassed my expectations. The prison escape mystery horror kind of story is definitely what I need in my life right now! The dynamic between Emma, Norman and Ray is my favorite thing about this series. The art is quite simplistic yet expressive and aesthetically pleasing, the plot is captivating, the pacing is just right. I’m hooked fam!
Shannon
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, shounen, fantasy, 2017
Yeessss I was hoping this would take a turn for the worse after they showed how the kids had numbers tattooed on their necks. Very dark, just how I've been liking my fantasy lately.
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

A Peter Pan retelling like you've NEVER seen before!! Emma, Norman and Ray are the brightest kids at the Grace Field House orphanage. And under the care of the woman they refer to as “Mom,” all the kids have enjoyed a comfortable life. Good food, clean clothes and the perfect environment to learn—what more could an orphan ask for? One day, though, Emma and Norman uncover the dark truth of the outside world they are forbidden from seeing.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Au
Jano
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reseña completa: http://elcaosliterario.blogspot.com/2...

Este manga se disfruta más desde el desconocimiento, de ahí que su sinopsis sea un poco escueta y no avance demasiado lo que nos vamos a encontrar. Por tanto, si la sinopsis avanza poco, ya sabéis que no diré mucho más en cuanto a su argumento para no romper el misterio.

El primer capítulo sorprende al lector con un lugar de ensueño en el que todo es maravilloso, un lugar feliz y sin preocupaciones. Pero esto no es más que un espejismo y po
Victoria ♡
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-manga
If I’m not careful this could be another series i just completely binge read. Such a strong first volume!
Mehsi
A lovely house in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by a wall with a gate, happy kids playing around... but are they really happy? And why can't they leave?

I will try to skirt around most of the details as possible. :P

From the start of the manga I just knew something was up, but what? Well, we don't find out until Conny leaves. After that, and the shocking revelation that came with it (and gruesomeness), our MC and her friends are going to do everything they can to get the hell out of this place
Pablo
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Esta historia ha empezado con tensión y mucha inteligencia. Y recordarme varias veces a "Nunca me abandones" de Ishiguro ha provocado que aumentara la desazón...
Valentina
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ne parlo su Youtube: https://youtu.be/407fH2sSds0
Mamen B.
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
5/5

No me esperaba para nada la trama de este manga y me ha dejado completamente encandilada. Prefiero no contar nada porque es mejor descubrirlo por uno mismo, así que simplemente diré que lo recomiendo mucho. Es mi primer manga, pero parece que he empezado bien.

Voy a ver si compro el segundo tomo.
Muffinsandbooks
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
C’était mon premier manga donc je n’ai pas beaucoup de points de comparaison mais j’ai vraiment aimé ! L’histoire est originale et vraiment entraînante. Les personnages sont attachants et je suis vraiment curieuse de découvrir la suite !
Melody (theliteraryowl)
wow, what can i say? this was so so so good, definitely the best story i’ve read in a while, it makes everything pale in comparison.
i’ll write a full review once i recover from this.
GrilledCheeseSamurai
I'd give this a three and a half if Goodreads would let me.

Simple series with some dark undertones. There are a couple of twists that I enjoyed that will keep me around for Volume 2. I wanna see where things go. Definite potential.

With the release of the anime today I figured I should tear through this first volume.

I'm glad I did.
Psicologorroico
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ondra Král
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Páni, mě bavila manga. Na úvod dobrý (mám rád inteligentní hrdiny), zápletka slušná, postavy spíš mapují terén než aby dělaly něco úplně zajímavého (Death Note měl větší drajv). Trochu mám strach z přešlapování na místě.
MadameMelli
Band 1 von "The promised neverland" bietet eine gute und straffe Handlung. Das Konzept bietet einen guten Ansatz, ich hätte mir jedoch ein oder zwei Antworten mehr gewünscht.
Die Zeichnungen gefallen mir außerordentlich gut und ich bin auf weitere Werke der Künstler(Innen?) gespannt!
Sandra Uv
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5

Me ha gustado mucho, no pensaba que iba a ir por esos tiros la trama...aunque no me cuadra que sean tan maduros con 11 años XD por lo demás, me ha encnatado y necesito seguir ^^
Myriam
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Un premier tome intéressant, qui au début me rappelait "Miss Peregrine et les enfants particuliers", pour s'avérer plus différent et complexe, divergeant vers la dystopie.
Le mystère est entier suite à la grande révélation du "pourquoi cet orphelinat", et on a hâte de connaître la suite.
Nelson
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great set up! Let's see where this goes
unknown
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't eat meat, kids. Cows have feelings too. Here, maybe this metaphor will help you understand. It's a bit on the nose.
Aleksandra
So good. Totally didn’t expected this to be so dark, but I love it.

The world is so interesting and the art is stunning.

I like Emma so far, but her character feels a bit flat. (Side note: I don’t know if it’s just me, but it’s so hard to find an interesting and complex female protagonist in manga/anime. It’s my mission to find a favourite female character.)

Ray is my favourite type of character in manga/anime; quiet, calculating, clever and so on.

And Norman... he gives me creeps. He reminds me
Charlotte B.
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Ce manga est une bombe !
Avec la couverture toute mignonne et les premières pages, qui pourrait s'attendre à l'atroce révélation qui nous surprend au début de ce tome 1 ?! Certainement pas Emma et Norman, qui vont découvrir à leur grande horreur que leur si charmant orphelinat et leur si aimante directrice qu'ils appellent Maman ne sont pas du tout ce qu'ils semblent être ...
Si vous cherchez un thriller qui vous fera frémir d'horreur et où les mystères s'enchaînent sans répit, attrapez vite un ex
Amber
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Definitely not what I expected at all! Interested in seeing what will happen next.
Valery Tikappa
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[Sebbene in questa recensione nomini anche il secondo volume, non riporta assolutamente nessuno spoiler.]

Quando ho cominciato a leggere Promised Neverland, mi aspettavo una cosa completamente diversa, sicuramente inquietante, ma diversa.
E invece questo manga mi ha sorpreso dall'inizio alla fine, sia nel primo che nel secondo volume.
Mi sono trovata catapultata in un orfanotrofio, all'interno del quale tutto viene gestito da una Mamma; solo un adulto con 37 ubbidienti bambini, la cui unica regola
Alex
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t read manga in years. After watching the Death Note anime, I downloaded the Shonen Jump app to check out their free previews and see what manga were out there in 2019.

Nothing really grabbed me, mostly because I wasn’t the target audience. In truth, I’m not a big fan of the shonen genre outside of some very specific examples like One-Punch Man. I guess I need self-awareness in my stories about power levels and characters self-monologuing while in the middle of a fight.

I just wanted some
78sunny
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, ich bin ja immer um den Manga bzw. die Reihe herumgeschlichen, aber war schon so gespoilert, dass ich ihn nicht lesen wollte. Nun habe ich ihn doch noch selbst gelesen und bin genauso begeistert, wie so viele andere Leser.
Die Handlung ist richtig gut. Spannend und trotzdem emotional. Die Charaktere bekommen für einen Manga genug Tiefe, um wirklich mitzufiebern. Das wird mich später sicher noch die ein oder andere Träne kosten. Inhaltlich sage ich hier mal nichts, außer, dass es um Kinder ge
Aleksandra
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The Promised Neverland is widely popular ongoing manga and its anime adaptation is airing this winter season, I got so invested into the story after watching the first episode so I decided to read the manga alongside the anime run so when s1 ends I can seamlessly keep on following the story via manga format.
Why am I providing all of the personal info when I could talk about vol.1 itself? I really don't to give anything away. I believe it's best going into the story completely blind.
If you do wan
Panels Book Club: The Promised Neverland Vol. 1 1 7 Feb 14, 2019 06:43PM
Shounen Manga Boo...: * The Promised Neverland Group Read 3 17 Nov 14, 2018 05:12AM
Anime Simulcast: This topic has been closed to new comments. Chapter 1 Discussion 8 11 May 27, 2018 03:56PM
Anime Simulcast: This topic has been closed to new comments. Chapter 2 Discussion 6 6 May 27, 2018 02:25AM
Anime Simulcast: This topic has been closed to new comments. Chapter 5 Discussion 3 6 May 18, 2018 09:08PM
Anime Simulcast: This topic has been closed to new comments. Chapter 4 Discussion 3 8 May 18, 2018 08:02PM
Anime Simulcast: This topic has been closed to new comments. Chapter 6 Discussion 2 6 May 18, 2018 12:31PM
  • アゲイン!! 1 (Again!!, #1)
  • とんがり帽子のアトリエ 1
  • To Your Eternity, tome 1 (To Your Eternity, #1)
  • Judge 04
  • 文豪ストレイドッグス 1 [Bungō Stray Dogs 1]
  • Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 7 (Highschool of the Dead, #7)
  • Cage of Eden 7
  • 進撃の巨人 21 [Shingeki no Kyojin 21] (Attack on Titan, #21)
  • 7SEEDS 1
  • 僕だけがいない街 6 [Boku dake ga Inai Machi 6]
  • しまなみ誰そ彼 2 [Shimanami Tasogare 2]
  • メイドインアビス 1 [Meido In Abisu 1] (Made in Abyss, #1)
  • QQ Sweeper 2 (QQ Sweeper, #2)
Pseudonym of the Manga writer creator of Promised Neverland.

The Promised Neverland (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • 約束のネバーランド 2 [Yakusoku no Neverland 2] (The Promised Neverland, #2)
  • 約束のネバーランド 3 [Yakusoku no Neverland 3] (The Promised Neverland, #3)
  • 約束のネバーランド 4 [Yakusoku no Neverland 4] (The Promised Neverland, #4)
  • 約束のネバーランド 5 [Yakusoku no Neverland 5] (The Promised Neverland, #5)
  • 約束のネバーランド 6 [Yakusoku no Neverland 6] (The Promised Neverland, #6)
  • 約束のネバーランド 7 [Yakusoku no Neverland 7] (The Promised Neverland, #7)
  • 約束のネバーランド 8 [Yakusoku no Neverland 8] (The Promised Neverland, #8)
  • 約束のネバーランド 9 [Yakusoku no Neverland 9] (The Promised Neverland, #9)
  • 約束のネバーランド 10 [Yakusoku no Neverland 10] (The Promised Neverland, #10)
  • 約束のネバーランド 11 [Yakusoku no Neverland 11] (The Promised Neverland, #11)