Start by marking “Als een herinnering” as Want to Read:
Als een herinnering

Als een herinnering

(Sea Breeze Meets Rosemary Beach #1)

Een nieuwe serie van bestsellerauteur Abbi Glines! - Sea Breeze meets Rosemary Beach

Als een herinnering is het eerste deel van een nieuwe serie van Abbi Glines waarin de personages van de populaire series Sea Breeze en Rosemary Beach elkaar ontmoeten.

Zeven jaar nadat ze elkaar voor het eerst ontmoetten en knalverliefd op elkaar werden, brengt het lot Bliss en Nate weer bij
Published May 2018 by Karakter (first published February 14th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Als een herinnering, please sign up.
Trisha (The Tea Reader) No, they have a brief meeting at the end of the last Sea Breeze book but there isn't another book. This takes place seven years after they dated for a…moreNo, they have a brief meeting at the end of the last Sea Breeze book but there isn't another book. This takes place seven years after they dated for a summer, and I would think that would think it will be told through flashbacks in this book.(less)
Katie Rios
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Als een herinnering
Jennifer Kyle
2 STARS

Spoilerish Review...

description

I have read every book this author has written to date and I’m pretty disappointed in this story. Some of this author’s books have been amazing, some were just ok, but one thing is for sure I have enjoyed both Sea Breeze and Rosemary Beach books as a whole. My excitement at the mere idea that these two series were going to merge with a Finlay – York romance was quickly blown to smithereens.

1. There are way too many characters mentioned in this story. Cord, Clay,
M **the biggest bookworm**
Michelle
Feb 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Holy hell. This was more of a 2 stars but I was so disappointed I had to give it a 1 star. I loved Abbi Glines and I would recommend her books to anyone but lately it's like someone stole her name to write really crappy stories.

At first, I actually enjoyed the book. It gave me hope because it reminded me of her writing style in the Rosemary beach collection (I love that series and I've reread Blaire and Rush's books so many times that I've lost count). I was so excited to get my hands on Nate's
Holly Noelle
I don't know what I expected, but I feel ashamed that I didn't expect this.

This is fanfiction. She wrote fanfiction of her fanfiction.

Let me explain:

Like a Memory picks up a decade after the epilogue of the last Seabreeze book. The kids are all grown up and living their lives in Seabreeze and Rosemary Beach respectively. Bliss and Nate, who met as preteens, are now adults and out of each others' lives. Except they're not anymore. Bliss now works for Nate's fiancé, the unfeeling Octavia. Nate and
Arlene Cavill Thurston
**************More like a NIGHT TERROR*************************
WHAT THE EVER LIVING F*CK???? That is what I kept repeating to myself as I read this shit show.
It is never my intent to disparage an author or malign their work BUT I cannot contain myself, it was THAT BAD. To her BETA readers, WTH were you smoking?? It must be some really powerful, magical stuff because that is the only logical reason I can muster that any sane, lucid human being would consider this travesty 5 star worthy. Abbi, be
EliseSReads
Feb 26, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Y'all don't know how f-ing mad I am that Abbi wrote Nate as a cheater and such a weak character! F U Abbi, seriously, as a big fan of Rush and Blaire's story and baby Nate, this is such disrespect, I can't even..

I will NEVER read anything by this author again.
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Abbi Glines's books are my total guilty pleasure. It's nice to see a merge of her two series as we're introduced in a new generation of characters (LOTS of characters and I need a family tree here). Here, we get to see Bliss York and Nate Finlay 's story. Unfortunately, it went downhill because of the protagonists.

Nate is coward, insensitive and weak. He isn't a bad boy as I've expected and doesn't crave for a challenge unlike his parents. Bliss is an okay heroine for me but she's so bland.
Sabrina
2.5 Stars

Despite my 2.5 Star rating, I did enjoy this story. Bliss and Nate had a romance that kept me interested and I did like them when the got together. But there were a lot of little things in this story that had me ready to pull my hair out and that's why my rating is so slow.

First, the name dropping in this book was making my head spin. I never read all of the Sea Breeze and Rosemary Beach books, but even if I had these random people and names popping up would still be way too much.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

OK - that was not really what I was hoping for.
I loved the Rosemary Beach & Seabreeze series so much and I was hoping for an amazing spin-off.
And the story was cute and romantic and moving and sexy and fun, but it got lost along the way.
I wanted more Rush and more ... everything.

I know the guys and girls from those two previous series all combined have A LOT of kids, but do we really need to bring them all together in this first book? I lost track after a few names. And I think Abbi lost
Rejane
Feb 12, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This author is a no go for me. IMO she's the queen of demeaning women.

UPDATE: I READ IT. Review later
Beverly
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been looking forward to this book since Nate and Bliss first met in the final Seabreeze book. I loved the idea of these two worlds coming together.

I started and finished Like a Memory in one day and was sad to reach the conclusion, because once again I was saying goodbye to the Rosemary Beach and Seabreeze world. I won't lie it took me a minute to figure out who every character was or who they belong to, but that isn't really the point of the story. The point is Nate and Bliss.

Nate isn't
Brianna ☯
(I'm not gonna actually rate it because I can't do that to Abbi)

There are spoilers somewhat ahead. Spoilers on all the plot twist or plot lines

So let me start by saying this, I still love Abbi, I will still continue this series, but I was highly disappointed in this book. I was looking forward to it for 2 years. TWO YEARS.

Okay so the main thing to piss me off about this book was all the unnecessary dramatic plot lines or twists whatever you wanna call them. Let me just break this retarded
Francis
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
COMING FEBRUARY 14, 2017
Exclusive sneak peek (look for a different excerpt on several blogs that are doing the cover reveal today! This excerpt is from the prologue) ...

Just as I was about to finish chapter two a shadow fell over me. I figured it was Larissa. Looking up I grinned, about to ask if she had herself a hot date. My eyes locked on a familiar face. One that was older, a face I remembered, from two long summers ago. A face a girl would never ever forget. His silver eyes were stunningly
River
HUGE dissapointment.

The only reason I read this book is because after Nan's book in the Rosemary Beach series I thought it wasn't enough, none of the books had an epilogue and I just wanted to know what happened to each couple down the road. Well my curiosity was not sated here, I didn't read the Sea Breeze series so I don't know about that couple but Rush and Blaire were barely here, and OMG little cute baby Nate turned into a major whiny fuckboi. he had a privileged life and oh poor him he
Andie
I was so excited to read this mash up of two of my favorite romance series, but I'm feeling a little disappointed after finishing. I expected A LOT from Rush and Blair's son and I wasn't a fan of his portrayal, which saddens me. I did really like Bliss, though. She's a fighter and I respect the hell out of her. I will say that there were quite a bit of grammatical errors, which bugged the crap out of me, and needed another round of editing.

Abbi's words are just as addictive as ever and I flew
Alpha Possessive Heroes
Eh... it was okay. I liked the premise, it pretty much have everything I liked in a love story, we have a likeable heroine.. she was sick.. hero is hot, engaged and confused.. long lost love.. yada yada.. pretty much the typical scenarios lol! As I said, everything I liked in a love story but for some reason it didn't do it for me. The hero was a little too weak for my taste. Everything was too dramatic but at the same time I didn't feel the "emotion".. it was more like just reading it.

Also
Joanna
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
my reaction:
description

I'm rating this thru the way it made me feel to actually go back to this story. waaaah 4 stars!
I couldn't imagine a perfect way to come back to Sea Breeze and Rosemary Beach. This was hands down a very feel-good book. I LOVED IT! To be able to catch glimpses of the kids that the previous series' characters made and the drama that will sure unfold if Abbi Glines continues to write the other kids stories (i was really hoping she will write them, please pleaseeee)... SOOOO GOOD!
I
Antonia
Oh My!
Just reading the synopsis already makes my heart ache.
I wanna cry :'(
Aira  Cabrera
I was expecting to rate this with at least 4 stars, but then I actually read it.

Let's get to the positives before I start my rant.

I love Bliss. She's super sweet and kind. She deserves everything good in this world, because she remained strong when she was in an incredibly difficult situation. She loved and cared about her family and friends. She's just a great girl.

Okay, so that's about it.

I'm going to start with Nate. What the hell happened to this guy to make him grow up to be this weak,
Danielle Lagasse
Abbi Glines has flawlessly stitched the two worlds of Rosemary Beach and Sea Breeze together creating the perfect story for Nate Finlay and Bliss York.

A crossover of two beloved series, Like A Memory stands out on its own as an emotionally gripping page turner. From start to finished, I was hooked. It has the perfect combination of angst and humor.

And, as only Abbi can, there's a twist that breaks your heart that builds up to a breathtaking moment that puts the pieces back together again. I
Haidoulina
This book, I've read it before.... Not the same story per se but the same pattern... It's a true Glines book and there is nothing wrong with that.... She has a style that she's comfortable at writing and it sells, so she keeps going... But I feel that I can't follow anymore... Something, like, I've had enough...
I had bigger expectations with this story.... Not as how the story would unfold or what will happen but I expected to like the characters, to connect with them and reconnect with old
thebookbitch

Like any Abbi Glines book this was a quick read. I loved Bliss and Nate, just not together. Their romance was rushed and so dramatic at points. There was cancer, a fiancé, pregnancy and a suicide. Sometimes you need to know where to stop and Abbi Glines doesn't, which is unusual as her books are all short.
Izzie d
Feb 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: second-chance
I really didn't like Nate, she's better off without him. He pretends he doesn't know her, she's had cancer, that's why she didn't keep in touch, i realise he doesn't know but when you are a kid, 15 you have little control over your life, if not cancer it could have been any number of valid reasons, he may not have understood that at the time but its 7 years later surely he know that now.
When he does find out he is still an idiot.
Nono
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I guess I had my expectations set to high for this book! I mean this was Rush Finlay kid's book!!
What an huge disappointment!!!!!!!!!!
First I was hoping to get a glance at the Rosemary Beach gang (one of my favorites ever) and 95% of the book was spent in Sea Breeze (not that big of a fan of that gang), spending half the time describing 1 million kids (so confusing
Maf (Bookworm Wanders)
WHAT THE FUDGE?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! IS THIS REAL?! WHY IS ABBI DOING THIS?! THE BOOK ISNT EVEN OUT AND IM ALREADY IN PAIN HOLY FRIDGE I NEED THIS BOOK NOW
Deea (Andreea)
Jan 03, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maybe
Whoa. First time I hear about this.
Rush's son and Cage's daughter?
Should be... interesting.

Cage's book (and the Sea Breeze series) was one of my favorites back in the day, but I'm not sure how I would feel about a book with their kids and them being old(er) lol usually this type of books are a bit weird for me.

Buuuut... We shall see. I miss this world and the premise sounds awesome. :)
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
Great Review==> here
==>2,5 stars<==

Review in Portuguese and English.

Eu li várias resenhas negativas e ao conversar com minha amiga Simone eu resolvi encarar a leitura.
Nada poderia ser pior do que Grant e Nan, então eu iniciei a leitura.
Nosso herói é um menino rico criado em uma família amorosa e com um círculo de amigos legais.
Mas ele tem a mente fodida é fraco, egoísta e um covarde com medo de encarar a vida e os sentimentos que viver plenamente despertam. Ele arruma a mulher ideal
Pam Nelson
4 Like a Memory Stars

Nate & Bliss

Normally I don’t like the kid’s kinds of stories. But I have to say I really liked this one.
Being a fan of both series it’s like getting to be with old friends even if you’re just meeting these characters for the first time.

It was slow going, and I liked that but I kept waiting for something, but once you hit about half way then it all starts to come together.

I lovvvvvved the ending, it had me laughing out loud. I <3 Cage York. Always have and always
Emily C
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
****Spoliers****

3.5 stars. I waited for this book with pure excitement. I mean Rush's son and Cage's daughter? 2 of my favorite Abbi Glines men... It had to be epic right? To me it seemed like the book started in the middle of the story. I wanted to read about and feel with them the summer they spent together as kids.... I wanted to be there during her illness and his heartbreak. Not just pick up years later and expect to be all invested in them. I wanted all the background. And I have read both
Goodreads Librari...: dutch version not linked to serie 2 204 May 17, 2018 10:55AM

• Kies voor elkaar (Full Moon #5)
  • The Chase (Briar U, #1)
  • Alles op alles
  • Maybe This Kiss (Colorado Ice, #0.5)
  • The Goal (Off-Campus, #4)
  • The Risk (Briar U, #2)
  • Next to Never (Fall Away, #4.5)
  • Das Licht in meiner Dämmerung
  • All Played Out (Rusk University, #3)
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)
  • All I Want (Alabama Summer, #2)
  • The Score (Off-Campus, #3)
  • Forever with You (Wait for You, #5)
  • Kies voor altijd (Full Moon serie #6)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Kies Voor Hem (Full Moon #4)
  • Adrenaline (Fall Away, #4.75)
  • Haunted Love - Perfekt ist Jetzt: Roman
Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, Field Party and Existence series. She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted before she goes in it. She drinks afternoon tea because she wants to be ...more

Sea Breeze Meets Rosemary Beach (3 books)
  • Because of Lila (Sea Breeze Meets Rosemary Beach, #2)
  • Best I've Ever Had (Sea Breeze Meets Rosemary Beach, #3)
“He bored me by just looking at him.” 0 likes