Start by marking “The River City Chronicles” as Want to Read:
The River City Chronicles

The River City Chronicles

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
A group of strangers meets at Ragazzi, an Italian restaurant, for a cooking lesson that will change them all. They quickly become intertwined in each other's lives, and a bit of magic touches each of them.

Kindle Edition, First, 380 pages
Published May 30th 2018 by Other Worlds Ink (first published May 28th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The River City Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The River City Chronicles

namericanwordcat
The writing is this is good but it isn't my cup of tea.

The soap opera parts took up too much time where I would like love story so the balance was off for me.
Ayla
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, chef-food, family, kids
This is a book celebrating the diversity of life. While it follows a lot of different people and stories, all of them were connected in some way or another. From the beginning of this book, I felt like it was pure sunshine. It just had so much life and was everything I wanted. It was well-written and refreshing. Once I got a little further in the book, there were some characters I cared about more than others, so I tended to speed through some chapters.

It was emotional in many different ways. I
Joyfully Jay
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

I have read many books with ensemble casts and the style always calls to me. It’s always interesting to meet a large cast of characters and then see how their lives will inevitably intersect. There are many characters here with different ethnic backgrounds as well as different identities that makes this cast diverse.

In the author’s note, Coatsworth states that he was going for the style of creating a story within a chapter, and with that he was successful. Each ch
Melanie
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 5 stars out of 5

For the full review, visit https://wp.me/p220KL-dRH on 6/14

From that review: I always seek out an author's foreward, if there is one, before start into a book.  It often gives me insight into the writer's mindset when laying out their story and characters, even the inspiration behind the origins of the tale.  In this case I got that and more.

For all our review, check out http://scatteredthoughtsandroguewords...
Warren Rochelle
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The smells of boiling sauce, pasta, garlic, and nutmeg, rosemary, and oregano and other herbs permeate the air in a little restaurant on Folsom Boulevard in Sacramento. Welcome to Ragazzi (in English, the boys), the restaurant Matteo Bianco inherited from his uncle, and “the ticket out of Italy” for Matteo and his husband, Diego Bellei. But there are only three customers… and only two more for the night.

So begins The River City Chronicles, by J. Scott Coatsworth, and I couldn’t put it down.

Dieg
Chris
4.5 out of 5 stars

Description ~

Meet Dave, the consultant who lost his partner; Matteo and Diego, the couple who run the restaurant; recently-widowed Carmelina; Marcos, a web designer getting too old for hook-ups; Ben, a trans author writing the Great American Novel; teenager Marissa, kicked ou
Michael Barnette
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqlit
This is actually 4.5 stars, but half stars are not an option. (As a reviewer I reserve 5 stars to books I feel are so exceptional that they stand very far above the crowd.)

A cast of delightful characters serve as the centerpiece of this wonderful book from J. Scott Coatsworth.

Here is our main cast:

Newly emigrated from Italy, Matteo Bianco and Diego Bellei have opened a modern Italian restaurant, Regazzi—The Boys—but things aren’t going as well as they hoped. In an effort to garner interest in th
Anne Barwell
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, lgbtq
I have yet to read a J. Scott Coatsworth story I didn’t enjoy, and this is no exception. The River City Chronicles was originally written as a serial story on the author’s blog, but this is my first time reading it, and I think it works wonderfully well in this format too. The story starts with introductory chapters from each main character’s perspective, which gives a taste of each of their ‘set ups.’ Then, as the story gets going, all of their stories interconnect and mesh as they meet, and be ...more
Jovan
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5

Warning: This book is not for you if you do not like following a large cast of MCs or get annoyed/confused by characters whose names start with the same letters or seem too similar. I’ve seen many good books dinged in the ratings for this particular personal preference and I’d hate to see it happen with this book.

With that being said, if you are in the mood for a feel-good story following the lives of a group of strangers connected through a bit of serendipitous paranormal guidance, then you
Linda
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
🍴Lengthy, but worth every minute tale of a pair of restaurateurs and the supportive community that forms around them🍝
July 18, 2018
Format: Kindle Edition
👍👍Loved it!💜👬👪👫
This superbly crafted story is so full of love and promise (and lots of characters of every orientation). It's also loaded with sweet💜 romance and some 💔heartbreak moments followed by healing (and maybe a hint of ghostly magic!). And, as a bonus, there are even some mouth-watering recipes at the end!

From cash-strapped restaurateurs
Sarita Chapdelaine
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is a unique and highly entertaining story that covers the lives of several people from all walks of life. I love the characters and found this to be a beautifully written book that I could not put down. There is such a diverse range of people with surprisingly close connections that I could hardly keep up with all of the twists and turns. The connections that join them together are sometimes small and insignificant while others are huge and life changing. I love how the author managed to gi ...more
T Paul
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful. A story that has so much warmth, love and is full of life. Every character brings something to the story. Each and every one involved adds depth, emotion and a story of their own that brings the book to life and holds you captive. While everyone’s life was a journey that us, as the reader,was privileged to be a part of. The way the author entwines the lives of the characters is remarkable. This book was difficult to put down. I absolutely loved it. I voluntarily reviewed an ...more
Linda
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, I could not put this book down. I started after finishing another book yesterday at dinner time and finished this one at 5 A.M. with breaks for a shower and cooking dinner. The characters were diverse, complex, fun, quirky and romantic. The characters personal stories all intertwined and were mixed with a little magic to make this book unforgettable.
An ARC was provided in exchange for an honest review.
Kaila
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this was amazing.. i loved everything about this.. it had paranormal aspects.. it had mystery and intrigue. it kept me curious what was next and wondering what was going to happen.. and it made me smile and laugh.. also some spots made me so sad.. the writing was superb.. i felt as if i was a part of them and their story not just reading it. it was wonderful !
Simera
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderfully told story. The story has a little bit of everything. Some magic, charm, sadness and people coming together to make a family. Just a charming read.
I received a copy for an honest review.
Kathryn Manzella
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully written story of a group of strangers whose lives become intertwined. Sadness, joy, humor, sweetness... the story touches you and won't let go. Fantastic characters, an intriguing and entertaining story, and a touch of magic... I highly recommend this book.
Pat
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is one extremely great book to read! All of the characters were well developed and the story was so wonderfully written that I was totally glued to my kindle until the very last page!
Andrew Reid
Rachael Watson
Jul 05, 2018
Lisa Merlino
Aug 02, 2018
Scott lives with his husband in a leafy Sacramento, California suburb, in a cute yellow house with a pair of pink flamingoes in the front yard.

He has always been in the place between the here and now and the what could be. He started reading science fiction and fantasy at the tender age of nine, encouraged by his mother. But as he read the golden age classics and more modern works too, he started