Start by marking “Wakestone Hall (Stella Montgomery, Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Wakestone Hall (Stella Montgomery, Book 3)

Wakestone Hall

(A Stella Montgomery Intrigue #3)

THE MAGICAL CONCLUSION TO STELLA'S AWARD-WINNING STORY From bestselling writer-illustrator Judith Rossell comes the thrilling and magical conclusion to her multi-award-winning novel, Withering-by-Sea. SERIES AWARDS Withering-by-Sea (Book 1)Winner - 2015 Indie Awards, Book of the Year: Children's & YAWinner - 2015 Australian Book Industry Awards, Book of the Year: Older Chi ...more
Published October 22nd 2018 by ABC Books

To ask other readers questions about Wakestone Hall, please sign up.
Judith Rossell I'm so sorry! At this stage Wakestone Hall will not be available in the USA. I'm really disappointed about this! The only English language version is …moreI'm so sorry! At this stage Wakestone Hall will not be available in the USA. I'm really disappointed about this! The only English language version is from Australia. If you are in the USA, and you'd like a copy, you can order it from Boomerang Books. https://www.boomerangbooks.com.au/wak...
(less)

Start your review of Wakestone Hall (Stella Montgomery, Book 3)
Jane
Dec 16, 2018 added it
Shelves: 2018
I love this whole series and this is a wonderful ending. In this one I particularly liked the generosity and bravery on display - there's no question that the kids will step up for friends in need. We'll miss you Stella! ...more
Julia Tulloh Harper
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A perfect conclusion to the series. The best series of all the middle grade fiction set in Victorian era ☺️☺️☺️
Liz Ledden
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Sigh* I loved every bit of this book - the characters, the language, the suspense, the imagery, all of it. My primary school-aged self would have been obsessed.
 Bhoomi
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
okay but how did i not review this before. I FUCKING LOVE IT...i remember i read it for the year 7 library challenge and ms carmyn actually recommended it (agh kinda disappointing but f her who cares) i love it

lmao not like its an actual review anyways
Rhyllis Bignell
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Judith Rossell’s marvellous magical Victorian series comes to a conclusion with Wakestone Hall. She has captured the hearts and minds of many young and older readers.

Orphan Stella Montgomery’s life has been filled with tragedy, drama and heartache. She has discovered new friends, learnt to self-reliance and discovered an inner magical self. Stella is packed off to Wakestone Hall, her three aunts and her mother’s former boarding school. Here it is expected that she will learn to follow the guide
Sharni
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-bookshelf
A beautiful ending to an enchanting series!
Toni Kely-Brown
I have enjoyed reading this series with my daughter. Whilst I would rate the series overall higher this 3rd book in the trilogy wasn't our favourite. I would recommend this series to readers who love history, adventure and magic. ...more
Todayiamadaisy
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
This is the third and final book in the Stella Montgomery series, about a plucky young orphan living with her dreadful aunts in Victorian England. In this one, Stella is sent to a terrible boarding school whose headmistress has a sinister secret, and is forced to investigate when one of her new friends goes missing. If anything, there's too much happening in this with a few loose ends left, but overall it's a nice ending to Stella's tale. ...more
Lynn
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: donated
Wakestone Hall is the final Stella Montgomery Intrigue. Stella has been sent off to a boarding school by her aunts and finds an exciting time. As with the other Stella Montgomery books, there is a great adventure as the main part of the story. It's a fun, thrilling kind of adventure, and the story came to a very satisfying ending, but this was not as strong a book as the first one in the series.

I preferred the mystery of this book to the mystery of the first and second ones in the series, but th
Emma
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading all three of these in less than a week, I am utterly enchanted (and now accordingly despondent that the experience is over). I can't believe I've only stumbled upon Stella Montgomery and her adventures now! This thrilling conclusion to the series is once again impeccably plotted and enchanting in its execution, with lovable new characters but a familiar feel that will draw loyal readers immediately back in.

Wakestone Hall is a miserable place and we feel for Stella and her new frie
Heidi Boomsticks
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
✨ Aaron Jeffery ✨
I loved the first two books in this series but this one was a slight disappointment. It had such a strong start and I loved the boarding school setting but then the book just went meh. It was a very anti climatic ending and everything wrapped up too easily (although this is a middle grade book!) I HIGHLY recommend this series to anyone that loves a mystery middle grade.

I loved the characters in this book quite a bit, especially Stella.

Representation: blind side character
Trigger warnings: abuse
Camilla
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the wrap up book for this children’s series. Exciting, adventure, bad guys to beat, friendships, family. This was fun. These books are not marketed in the US, I’m not sure how I even stumbled upon it. You can buy them on amazon, but they are coming from Australia. The illustrations are amazing as well.
Ely
Feb 20, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a wonderful conclusion to an equally wonderful series!

I don't know what I can say about this one that I haven't said about the others. Stella is such a great protagonist and it's been so nice to see her grow throughout the series and make some friends along the way. I'm kind of sad it's over now!
Lisa
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful story. Even for a 43 yr old I was engrossed and looked forward to each chapter and turn of events. I haven't read the first two (I won this) so think I might need to get the others. Lovely illustrations and very vividly written. ...more
Jill
Dec 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile, fantasy
The conclusion to this exciting trilogy finds Stella at a boarding school, meeting new obstacles and villains, and making new friends. There is a very satisfying ending with a bit of a surprise with the aunts, who also attended this school.
Jacq
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A spectacular adventure again for Stella, wonderfully written and engaging on every level. Just loved it!!
Anne
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Judy
A wonderful conclusion to a terrific series, deservedly successful.
Jacquie
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
So sorry this charming series is at an end. Loved all of them, and also the illustrations which matched so well.
Chelsea
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I definitely warmed up more to this series during the second and third book as the writing improved. They’re a good mix of adventure and cuteness
Sarah Guscott
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. It continued Stella’s journey from the previous books but also had a very satisfying ending.
Fiona
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable weekend read. I like the side characters more but perhaps that’s just me!
Tylise
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve loved every single one of the books in this series! I highly recommend it!
the ancient lore
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020

Satisfying conclusion to this wonderful series.
Zara Herbert
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved it! filled with happiness and love :)
Ruby Pellew
This was an extraordinary book !! It had an amazing twist at the end and carried on from the second book beautifully. I would definitely recommend and would 100% read it again.
Madi Nation
Apr 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
Best of the bunch, I think.
Iwasaplatypus
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wakestone Hall is the third in the Stella Montgomery series by Judith Rossell.

Stella’s aunts send her to Wakestone Hall, the boarding school they all went to when they were younger. Here she is supposed to learn discipline and have all the mischief knocked out of her. This is what happened to them and to her mother, of whom they do not speak.

Stella has no friends until one night she rescues a cat from the roof outside the dormitory window. Two new boarders Ottilie and Agapanthus, help her to r
Gretchen Bernet-Ward
Book Three in a beautifully illustrated and well-written Victoriana mystery series for young readers with a presentation which begs to become a family treasure.

• His Name Was Walter
  • The Slightly Alarming Tale of the Whispering Wars (Kingdoms & Empires, #2)
  • Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #3)
  • How to Bee
  • Willow Moss & the Lost Day (Starfell, #1)
  • Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #2)
  • Welcome to Willowvale (Vet Cadets #1)
  • Gargantis (The Legends of Eerie-on-Sea, #2)
  • Death in Daylesford
  • A Tale of Witchcraft... (A Tale of Magic, #2)
  • The Book of Changing Things and Other Oddibosities
  • Just Breathe
  • The House on the Cliff (The Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Juniper Tree
  • Tilly and the Bookwanderers (Pages & Co. #1)
  • If the Magic Fits (100 Dresses, #1)
  • Ghost of a Chance (100 Dresses, #2)
  • The Sun Trail (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #1)

A Stella Montgomery Intrigue (3 books)
  • Withering-By-Sea (A Stella Montgomery Intrigue, #1)
  • Wormwood Mire (A Stella Montgomery Intrigue, #2)

News & Interviews