Start by marking “Dark Captive (Spirit Wild Book 6)” as Want to Read:
Dark Captive (Spirit Wild Book 6)

(Spirit Wild #6)

Kate Douglas captivated the world of erotic romance with her groundbreaking Wolf Tales series, and she continues to push boundaries in her new Spirit Wild series!

“Douglas introduces her Spirit Wild series with a new generation of sexy Chanku wolves. . . . Supported by a cast from the Wolf Tales books and fresh faces as well, this novel thrives on action and strong sexual
Published May 15th 2018 by Beyond the Page

To ask other readers questions about Dark Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Captive

Bookish
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Warning, though I try my best to avoid this, all reviews can contain spoilers of some kind. If you would like to know just my overall opinion of the book, and otherwise go into reading it blind, please scroll down to my overall and would I recommend it section.

I received a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions in this review are my own and in no way influenced by the publisher or author.

This is the first book that I have read from this author, a
Celeste
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sexy paranormal with great characters and addicting storyline.
Eva Millien
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
New Release Review! Dark Captive (Spirit Wild #6) Kate Douglas!

Stolen from her mother when she was still a tiny cub, the snow leopard Asha has spent her entire life in captivity, being traded from one owner to another through an illegal trafficking ring. But Asha also feels trapped in a much more profound way: as a Chanku with no access to the Tibetan grasses that would allow her to shift, she’s confined to her animal form, yearning for a part of herself she’s forever unable to reach. Until a
Amber
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark Captive is a mesmerizingly brilliant masterpiece that will entwine your heart in a fascinating new twist to her spin-off Chanku series. You will find yourself surrounded by the same incredible depth and passion of the Chanku world as it expands to add more deliciously complex twists and turns that are sure to enthrall and entertain even the pickiest of readers. You lose nothing while gaining a deeper and broader sense of how utterly incredible and wonderfully limitless this series truly is. ...more
ALR
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC copy of this book from NetGalley for my honest review. Honestly, not what I was expecting. I like shifter romance stories with alpha males that have animalistic characters but this fell quite flat. First of all I feel like a BIG aside should be mentioned: this is a story with Polyamorous relationships, multiple of them. While okay for some, I know this is something that not everybody likes. I also found the multiple relationships very confusing as the characters I thought of as ...more
Kate
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Another wonderful instalment in the Chance world. I can hardly wait to see what happens next!
Kelly Bennett
Dark Captive

This book was amazing, new Chanku, some old friends. Special surprises along the way that made me so happy, And of course nail biting suspense. This book was everything I was hoping it would be and more I was sorry it was over.
Kathy
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent addition

Loved this continuing story of the Chanku. Old friends were part of the action and new packmates were welcomed. Usual heartfelt and sexy feelings that are a part of this series.
Nikki
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it
"Dark Captive" by Kate Douglas (Sprit Wild Book 6)

***a special thank you to Netgalley and Kate Douglas with providing a ARC for this review!

SYNOPSIS

Heather 123
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Usually shifter books are either hit or miss for me; some are great and others fall so short that they're almost laughable. This one was really close to being great, but didn't quite get there.

Caution: this review likely contains some spoilers.

Things I liked: the connection between Asha and Leo. I loved that Leo was battling his own misunderstandings of how things worked when he was asked to work with Asha. I think it made him more aware of his own reactions going into the situation and allowed
Cassandra
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 unicorns - I loved it!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I received a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I haven’t bought it yet, but I will. I own the rest of the series already.

The cover is stunning because the snow leopard is a beauty especially those eyes!

This is the 6th book in this series, and it is for adults only due to the steamy content. While not required, I think readi
Bran Pendergrass
I really wanted to like this one but I am very, very picky with romance shifter novels as I have read literally hundreds of them. Unfortunately, they are all running together and nothing seems to ever change in their plot lines.
The male lead in this one, Leo (Like really? Leo the Lion is so damn cliche!), is a very typical Alpha type male aka Tool who wants to "protect" and then make all the decisions for her so that she is safe. What a damn close minded Tool!!!! Who wants to be controlled by t
Lynda Maravilla
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just got the book today (print copy). Read it cover-to-cover in 3 hours, 45 minutes.
I loved that there were two stories - not just Leo and Asha (as mentioned on the cover and in pre-sales), but also Rem and Shay.
The writing was tight and masterful - I could see the scenes in my head. That's one of the things I truly appreciate about Kate Douglas' books........when I read, I see the scene visually in my head. Her powers of description, without using thousands of meaningless words, is awesome.
I h
LOLA
Chanku Next Gen.
First book of the next generation for me.
Been awhile since I read about Anton and his merry gang.
This is mostly a FM book with some MM thrown in.
Book #6 deals with Asha a snow leopard who has never shifted to
Human form and was a captive. This is a real journey for her.

Then Asha and Leo and more Chanku go off to rescue more shifters in need. You get some Anton and Stefan and mates too.
Plus some hot views of Remington plus other Chanku thrown in.
Overall I enjoyed this refresher fr
Helen Williams
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Asha is a snow leopard that was stolen from her mother when she was a cub. She has spent her entire life in captivity and most recently held in a trafficking ring. She is Chanku and have never been allowed to shift until she is rescued by Leo Cheval. Anton sends Leo on this rescue mission in order to help him grow and gain perspective. He never anticipated the chemistry that would ignite between him and Asha. FBI Agent Remington Caruthers will also learn some very enlightening news!
Jackie Downs
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this book was wonderful but all of kate's books are. if you get a chance read this whole series it is wonderful and I love to hear about all of the kids from the earlier books. I loved that Remington is actually chanku that was a great twist
Tammy
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Asha was taken as a cub by an illegal trafficking ring unable to shift and alone until she is set free. Leo is sent to help her recover. This is a fast-paced read with plenty of drama and suspense the chemistry is steamy and the story really draws you in. I was hooked from beginning to end.
Donetta Wheeler
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AS Always with her books Kate has written another amazing chapter of her series. The Chanku are such beautiful people that reading their stories just make me anxious for the next. The way they all interact and care so deeply for each other is so amazing. No jealously, hateful feelings. Just love and joy of being together whether as human or animals. This series along with Wolf Tales is one of my most favorite reads. Well done again Kate. Please keep writing so I can enjoy reading.
Robin Franks
Wonderful read

What an amazing addition to the Spirit Wild series! Kate Douglas make the Chanku come alive with her descriptions and dialog. The humor in the stories and the action are very well placed. The illegal trade in predators is used to great effect by using the Chanku and will draw attention to a very real problem. Having Agent Remington Caruthers be Chanku really was a twist I was not expecting but I love it. I would recommend this story to any adult reader who enjoys sexy shifter roman
Debbie Tsikuris
Dark Captive

Having read all of Kate Douglas previous books, I have got to say, Fantastic!! Dark Captive brought me right back to the action without missing a beat. I really could not put it down. The wonderful new and old characters are so well written letting the reader love them all anew. The plot kept me glued to the book enjoying every twist. I'm case you can't guess I highly recommend not only this latest book, but all of the earlier books starting with #1.
Pamela Huggins
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!I

This is another example of why Kate Douglas is an auto buy for me. I have been reading about the Chanku from the beginning, and this book is in my top favorite s. The storyline flows and keeps you wanting more. Love the characters and how she brings in some old friends without interfering with all the new ones you meet. I recommend this book and series to everyone!!
Courtney Green
*ARC from NetGalley for Honest Review*
I Give this book a 3 star rating
I Definitely look forward to reading more from this author.
Heat Level: 3 1/2

I had an issue with the fact the main characters of this specific book in this series aka Asha & Leo, seemed to be the least important characters and just became fillers.
A lot of things just didn’t make since with Asha, I actually have no idea of where to begin.
The Synopsis sounded really good as to the reason why I read it, but I’m kinda over the
Jill
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the book. Asha is a snow leopard who has been saved in a raid and is close to death due to starvation. Asha is also a Berserker who has never shifted to her human form. Once discovered, a Chanku named Leo is sent to assist in her shifting. The book is a great love story between these two. Also the book shows the sexual interaction by members of the Chankus. The book is s great read and I highly recommend this one.
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read another one of Kate Douglas's series and loved it, so when I saw Dark Captive, I took a chance. I was hooked by the end of the first chapter. At the end of the second chapter, I was on Kate's webpage looking for other books in this series.

What I liked is the book revolves around Asha and Leo, but characters from previous books are the supporting cast. It takes a good author to pull off this type of plotting and Kate Douglas does an amazing job.

Asha is a shifter that was born as a sn
Kesha
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a true fan of Kate Douglas and all her books. I think she is an amazing author and the books just seem so real to me. I feel like I become apart of the book. This book made me smile on so many occasions. The relationship between Asha and Leo was just so sweet. I just adore them. Asha is a beautiful snow leopard that just makes the story so awesome. The relationship with Shannon and Remington was so sexy and awesome. I mean those two were made for one another, not only as lovers but as partn ...more
Abby G. Amos
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Read!

This is another great read that I feel everyone who reads this book will enjoy it! I definitely will recommend to others!
Chelon
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I've grown to love anything written by Kate Douglas. Very few authors can create characters and a world that is fully immersive. That should be enough but then she goes and crafts some of the hottest and erotic scenes you will ever read. I've rated this lower only because sometimes her stories are overwhelming with too many moving parts and this book can be overwhelming at times.
Nicole
May 21, 2018
Elizabeth
May 24, 2018
Susan Underbrink
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A big thank you to NetGalley and Beyond the Page for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. First time reading this author. I believe that this is part of a series. It reads well as a stand alone book. This is a heterosexual book, m/m, m/f, f/f, manages and more. This was a surprise to me, I was not expecting it. It may not suit everyone. I liked the characters. It was an interesting plot line, very unique. I found it to be a good read. I rated a 3.5.
Some people just seem to know they are meant to write, but it can still take a while to figure out exactly what their career will entail. Kate Douglas started out writing radio copy for a country western radio station in 1972, wrote and illustrated an educational cartoon strip for the American Mosquito Control Association for a number of years, was a newspaper reporter for a small town weekly wher ...more