Start by marking “The Amazing Idea of You” as Want to Read:
The Amazing Idea of You

The Amazing Idea of You

Fans of Emily Winfield Martin will delight in this loving, gorgeously illustrated story that celebrates new life.

Hidden inside every living thing is an idea. That idea can sprout, sing, wriggle, take wing . . . into something amazing!

Exploring beginnings both small and great, The Amazing Idea of You bonds the human and natural worlds in a lyrical burst of celebration.

So d
Published February 5th 2019 by Bloomsbury Children's Books (first published February 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Amazing Idea of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Amazing Idea of You

Start your review of The Amazing Idea of You
Shaye Miller
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Alongside green leafy flourishes, each page of this lovely picture book shares poetic words full of hopes and possibilities. Inside a shiny apple seed is the possibility of an orchard. Inside an egg there may be a bird with a song. And inside the mind of a young child are countless ideas and creations. The soft colored artwork in this book was created with pencil, watercolor, and gouache on watercolor paper.

For more children's literature, middle grade literature, and YA literature reviews, feel
Jane
Aug 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
The story was poor, but the illustrations were incredibly disappointing. Looked like a kid had done them.
Peacegal
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
This book celebrates things that grow--plants, people, and animals--and also ideas. The ending was a little hokey for me, but others may find it uplifting and inspiring.
michelle
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Charlotte Sullivan Wild brings readers an incredibly imaginative cross between a non-fiction book and a reminder for children to believe in themselves.
💫💫💫💫💫
The first part of the book focuses on the idea that you can’t judge a book by its cover because most things hold secrets. For example, an apple holds a seed within it that has the idea of a tree, an egg holds a bird and all of its amazing songs. The second half of the book focuses on a little girl acting as the metaphor for all children - she
Tasha
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Inside every apple is the idea of a tree wrapped inside a tiny seed. If you plant it, that idea starts to grow and bloom. This picture book explores the ideas that are inside you! Just like the tree inside the seed or the chick inside an egg, ideas are inside of you and waiting to come out. It’s like the frog inside the tadpole, the flight inside a gosling or the butterfly inside the caterpillar. Ideas are personal and transform our world. What is inside of you?

Written with an inspirational tone
Lovable Library
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
@kidlitexchange #partner #kidlitexchange
There is a mystery within these pages and it all starts with a seed. Readers are shown that things can be hiding deep inside living things. A sprout waits inside a seed and a baby bird waits inside an egg. A caterpillar waits to become a butterfly and once you waited to become you. I love how the author shows readers that ideas are inside all of us.
The illustrations are beautiful, happy, and take readers on a visual journey of growth. There is such joy i
Susan
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the publisher and to @kidlitexchange for providing the free review copies. All opinions are my own.

This delightful book introduces the reader to the idea something is hiding deep inside so many living things. Inside an egg is a baby bird and all the songs it will sing. Inside an apple is a seed from which many more apples will emerge. Inside a caterpillar, hides a butterfly. Finally, inside of you are ideas, songs, dances and drawings just waiting for you to share with the world.

Th
Kelly
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This has really nice illustrations in it. Probably a bit long or confusing to read in storytime, but still a nice book.

Totally do not remember reading this book. I actually love this book and the idea of it. What's hidden in you as you're tiny and in your mom's stomach that will one day become you? All of your future and dreams and hopes are wrapped up in tiny you. Same with a seed of an apple tree that may someday become an orchard. I've always been amazed by the idea that such a tiny seed can
Jana
Springtime is a great time to share this lovely picture book that celebrates all the stages of life. The seeds inside an apple that hold the idea of an apple tree, the bird's egg that holds the idea of a bird and all the places it will see, etc. As the little girl in the story considers the wonder of all of the natural world, she's struck with an idea. As she undertakes her plan, young readers will be pleased to see what hard work, patience, and an idea can produce. ...more
Tracy
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Thanks to the Kid Lit Exchange for the review copy. All opinions are my own.

The idea of a tree is hidden in an apple seed. The idea of a bird, is hidden in an egg. We were all once just an idea in our parents' minds. What idea lives inside you? This adorable picture book welcomes kids to use their creativity to come up with the ideas of the future--big, small, and everything in between.
Carolyn Leiloglou
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a lyrical book about the idea, or potential, things and people have to grow into. And apple seed into a tree, a tadpole into a frog. It invites kids to imagine the person they might become and gently encourages them to grow into their future selves. The lovely illustrations perfectly match the text.
Anna
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! the story is inspirational, uplifting, positive, and so great to read. The illustrations are so beautiful and done so well. The whole book is just amazing and I highly recommend it. It flows so well and has such an awesome message. I loved seeing the growth of the main character through the illustrations and how she grew up and had her own family. Beautiful ending, beautiful book.
Alyssa Gudenburr
A beautiful book about the beginnings of life. In the story, everything starts as an idea, then turns into a baby, and blossoms into dreams. This would be a great gift for a new parent and would make an excellent one-on-one story between parent and child.
Effie
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the language in this book. What a beauty!
Kiersten
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, eli-s-1000
Reminds me of my sweet Caleb and how he would insist on saving the seeds of every apple he ate so that he could plant them in the bare earth courtyard of our apartment complex
Robin
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books, poetry
Lovely and inspiring. Highly recommended for ages 4-8.
Ariel Webb
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute book about the cycle of life, covering plants, animals, and people.
Jessie Oliveros
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a lyrical celebration of life and self. My daughter and I have been reading it night after night, and it's become sort of a bedtime lullaby. The illustrations are soft and sweet. ...more
Kris Kuykendall
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Children will delight in this lyrical, gorgeously illustrated story that celebrates the seed of potential within each living thing . . . including YOU! A lovely read.
Ms Threlkeld
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Inspiring story that will invite introspection from young and old.
Kelly
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely, lovely book. I liked the illustrations. But my favorite was the image I had in my head of a parent and a child cuddling together reading this book, and connecting.
Katrina Clohessy
Story centers on the concept that everything has an idea inside: a caterpillar has the idea of becoming a butterfly, and a child can have all sorts of ideas inside. 32 pages.
Pam
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Buried inside a seed, an egg, a tadpole and a caterpillar are the ideas of the beings they will become.
Nina
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This lovely picture book is a celebration of transformation and possibility! Gorgeous, lyrical language surrounded by beautiful watercolor illustrations. Such sweetness!
Miss Sarah
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this preschool and up book about a seed being planted in many things including human and watching it sprout.
Dana Storytime Account
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspirational
Very cute and inspirational!
Syntha Green
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Lovely book about the promise inside of things
Karen
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Who knows what is inside each of us waiting to sprout and flourish. This amazing story of an apple seed helps examine the wonder in wait for each of us. Share with your special ones!
Jennie
Aug 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
Lame story. Weird drawings.
Terri