Start by marking “Baby's First Bank Heist” as Want to Read:
Baby's First Bank Heist

Baby's First Bank Heist

Meet Baby Frank, the world's most unlikely criminal, as he masterminds his very own bank heist. Perfect for fans of Boss Baby.

Move over, Bonnie and Clyde, because there's a new criminal mastermind in town . . . Baby Frank!

He's the world's most unlikely criminal, but he's about to pull off the most daring baby bank heist ever.

Why? To get money for a fluffy new pet, of
Published March 19th 2019 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC

To ask other readers questions about Baby's First Bank Heist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby's First Bank Heist

Start your review of Baby's First Bank Heist
David Schaafsma
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picturebooks
This is what I'm talking' about, a picture book that isn't just cute and adorable or smarmy moralistic, but an origin story for a criminal who begins his life of crime as Baby Frank who has been told he is not old enough to have a pet, so he robs a bank and (online) orders several animals to arrive at his house, okay, but what are you gonna do with all these animals? You need to make your own zoo! But if you are Felon Frank, you really don't mind getting caught and spending your life behind bars ...more
Jon Nakapalau
You have to watch them - one can never tell where the road to crime begins! Funny book that teaches small children that crime does not pay!
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-lit
Nah. I understand the reader is going to have to suspend belief for the sake of the story but I could not control my reoccurring protestations to the improbability of Baby Frank's exploits. Had there been more humor I likely would have been swayed but, alas, I was not amused.
Gwen
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is adorable and honestly I can't say I wouldn't have done that same as a kid if I had the chance! :P
Tracy
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Thanks to the Kid Lit Exchange for the review copy. All opinions are my own.

I was not sure what to expect of BABY'S FIRST BANK HEIST, but what I got was a very clever, rhyming story that made me laugh out loud.

Baby Frank wanted a pet so bad that he resorts to robbing a bank. Being a baby, his decision-making about what pet to buy leaves much to be desired. He manages to hide the meerkat, but eventually his mom finds the rhino in the shed.

What to do with all the animals? To pay back the bank,
Anthony
Baby Frank loved animals, and wanted a pet of his own very badly. His parents were against him having one because he was too young. Baby Frank decided to take matters into his own hands, and turned to a life of crime and robbed a bank to get the money he needed for pet. But one pet was not enough for Baby Frank, and soon his life of crime was discovered.
An amusing story about a baby named Frank who robs a bank in order to get money to buy a pet. Young readers and storytime listeners will delight in Frank’s escapades and marvel at how a baby (who can’t even walk!!) can pull off such a daring feat! Detailed illustrations and rhyming text add to the fun. A great read aloud choice!
@kidlitexchange #partner – all opinions are my own.
Melissa
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, picture-books
This is kind of long, but could work well for younger school kids.
BSC
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winner of the Bishop's Stortford Picture Book Award voted for by local primary schools. Feb 2019
K.B. Walker
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a fun book with rhythm, wonderful illustrations and important messages.
Swaffy2002
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fab fun rhyming book for children!
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Baby’s First Bank Heist by Jim Whalley, illustrated by Stephen Collins. PICTURE BOOK. Bloomsbury (Macmillan), 2018. $18. 9781547600625

BUYING ADVISORY: Pre-K, EL (K-3) - ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

Baby Frank comes up with an unconventional plan to get the pet his parents refuse to buy him. When his mom is distracted at the bank, Frank gets to work dodging cameras and guards and laser beams to stuff his onesie with money and escape. Once home, he buys animal after animal online. When he can no
Jill
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am of two minds about this book. It's a funny rhyming story about a baby who will do anything to get his way. He robs a bank--his mom doesn't notice that he's 3 times his normal size because of all the money stuffed in his onesie. Then he starts ordering animals online until his parents finally figure out what's going on. Let me tell you, with parents like that, a baby would be dead. Also, he wants an animal so badly that he thinks the best way to get it is to rob a bank. There are so many ...more
Jj
I love the IDEA of this book. I enjoy the design of the book and the illustrations, to a degree. But I was disappointed in the story line and text... and sometimes-awkward rhyme scheme (WHY do publishers/authors feel that books for children must always rhyme?)

There are some delightful moments in here (baby crawling underneath security lasers in a 2-page spread!), but overall I am sad to report it was quite disappointing to me. I have high expectations for stories about tiny baby bank robbers,
Bev
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jolly rhyming picture book about a baby who wants pets so much he robs a bank and buys himself lots of exotic animals. Would probably be enjoyed by young children but I'm afraid I was put off by the decidedly not to be advised ending, when Frank and his parents open a zoo with the animals (with very small pens for them to live in!) . I fully accept that children wouldn't pick up on this, but the story certainly doesn't give a good conservation message!
Brittany
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With a title and cover like that I went into this story expecting alot...and I got exactly that. This book was so adorable. I loved the fact that the baby was able to pull it off AND go home with a onesie stuffed full of money without his mom noticing. Ha! Super cute read, but I wish there were more!
Ellon
Jul 31, 2019 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book. The rhyming is fun and the concept is silly. The author does make it clear that stealing is wrong yet the whole owning exotic pets thing still seems okay at the end. not my favorite but still entertaining. ...more
Cara Byrne
"Quick as a flash, he found the vault, and scooped up all the loot. He swiftly stuffed the bills and coins inside his onesie suit." This book is silly and memorable, though somehow the conclusion wasn't as memorable or satisfying as the rest of the narrative.
Christina Reid
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun story about a baby who wants a pet so much that he begins his life of crime - robbing a bank to fund his pet-buying and then attempting to hide them from his parents - easy enough with a hamster but not so easy with a fully-grown giraffe...
A fun read for ages 6+.
3.5 stars.
Rich Farrell
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This was an fun, playful take on a kid who just loves animals. The rhyme and alliteration drive the story, the pictures are great, and there’s no hard and fast lesson. This is one of my favorite picture books I’ve read this year.
Pam
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't let the title scare you - this is an adorable book about a baby who wants a pet so badly he is willing to pull of a bank heist so he can order some fuzzy friends on-line. Silly, silly, silly.
Ashley Kempkes
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
I wanted a book that a villain would give their child. This was not that. Two stars out of disappointment, a cute book otherwise though.
Stacey
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime
I feel like this would go great with Mustache Baby. They both have the same silly sense of humor. I'm holding it out for a possible middle book for my "Firsts" storytime this week.
Krissy Neddo
Clever idea, but not silly enough. Enjoyed illustrations.
Tracy Hager
I love the illustrations. Fun picture book.
Edward Sullivan
May 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Energetic but a bit too long and dumb.
Amanda Brooke
Hysterical way to solve a problem. The little baby wants a pet so bad. My son can relate.
Miss Sarah
A baby wants a pet but mom and dad keep saying no so he robs a bank and uses the money to buy pets he hids. Preschool and up
Jaymie
Oct 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A silly story about a baby who desperately wants a pet.

• Llama Destroys the World