Start by marking “Imperfect” as Want to Read:
Imperfect

Imperfect

Since the death of her fiancé two years ago, novelist Morgan Blake’s life has been in a holding pattern. She has a major case of writer’s block, and a book signing in the small mountain town of Perfect sounds like just the solution to help her clear her head.

Her trip takes a wrong turn when, on her way there, she’s involved in a hit and run—she’s hit a man, and he’s run f
Published March 5th 2012 by River Heights (first published April 26th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Imperfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Imperfect

Sarah Grace Grzy
Wow, that was incredibly creepy! I don't know how to review this without giving spoilers . . . The characters were fabulous and I loved the romance. I knew pretty early on who the bad guy was, but that didn't detract from my enjoyment of the book. The story is so unique, I don't think I've read anything like it! Overall, a very interesting, very creepy, and very suspenseful read from Barritt! Recommended!
Kelly
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a fabulously creepy book that I couldn't put it down. I have never been disappointed by a Christy Barritt novel.
Lisa
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-on-kindle
I am going to be perfectly honest and say that I did not know what to expect when I sat down to read this book. Being new at reviewing books, I kept as open a mind as possible, and was thoroughly and pleasantly surprised.

I instantly was able to feel a connection with the main character, Morgan Blake, who is a published author who hits a terrible snag and a raging case of writers block. Her fiance, a police officer, was killed in the line of duty two years prior, and she just has not been able t
Laura Hamby
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No Such Thing as Perfect

This very unique book reminds us that there is no perfect place and there are no perfect people on this earth. It deals with people trying to live up to the expectations of others. It also deals with breaking loose from people who want to control us. The biggest messages are that God is not a control freak. He is looking out for our good. He loves us unconditionally and though He has a perfect will for our lives if we seek His guidance He still gives us free will to make
Ranee
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first book I read by Christy Barritt but was disappointed by this one (I read her updated version, 'Imperfect: A Novel', copyright 2012). I wanted to like the main character but she was taken in too easy by the mayor, etc. I like Christian novels in general but the talks that were thrown in felt thrown in. The drama at the end was overly dramatic. But, I like happy endings & squeaky clean reads.
Divonna Thornburg
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely not perfect like it seemed at first...

The town, that is! The book is perfectly charming, and suspenseful! Christy Barritt has a way of creating characters that are easy to identify with, or that become your best friends (literarily, that is). Imperfect is a story that gave me a couple of short nights of sleep...I had to know what came next!
Nancy Park
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Different

A town called Perfect. Interesting where is there ever a perfect place. Story of a book signing. A cult and various strange happenings. Well worth the time. Is unusually different l do not want to spoil the fun of reading this book.
Yevonne
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed your book

Great read ,keeps you guessing. Really love and appreciated the christian atmosphere since that is the only types of books i read . Only good exciting reading. Thank you , look forward to reading more of your work.
Jan Locke
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It says a lot just to say Christy Barrett wrote it! Characters that touch your heart or scare you to death - they’re all there in a super creepy town. A warm & loving story contrasts an evil, frightening plot. Enjoy!
Donna Trahan
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of best books I've read in a long time.
Jody Link
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read
it was perfect!
Joan
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, ebooks
I have read a lot of Christy Barritt's books and this one was not my favorite. However it was pretty suspenseful and an enjoyable read that kept you guessing about what was really going on.
Charlene  Greer
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was kept on edge trying to decide what would happen next.
Missy
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Left me wanting more! I thought I had it figured out, then she threw in a twist. This book had me on the edge all the way through!
Ashley Dawn
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
I LOVED this book! Morgan needs a vacation and when the writer's blocked author gets an invitation to a small town for a book signing, she can't resist. Her dead fiance's partner who is also her best friend, Tyler, doesn't want her to go, something just feels off. She starts on her vacation and right when she is getting to her destination, she hits a man in the middle of the road! When he runs away, she is shaken and she hurries to report it. She meets the town sheriff, mayor, deputies and they ...more
Jasmine
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't turn out the light...

I've been wanting to read The Trouble With Perfect for quite awhile, ever since I was searching Amazon for all of Christy Barritt's books and came across this rather eye-catching title. After reading the blurb I knew I HAD to read it.

Not only is Christy Barritt one of my all-time favorite authors but I also love novels that feature authors as the main characters. The Trouble With Perfect did not disappoint! I was quickly immersed in Morgan's thrilling, and terrify
Doreen Marr
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Loved this book! I love mysteries anyway, and have read many of Christy Barritt's books, and this one held my attention all the way through! I couldn't put it down! Morgan wants to get away and a town named "Perfect" seems to be the perfect place to get away, clear her head, and try to get over her writer's block. But nothing goes perfectly right from the start, beginning with running over a man in the road. Then he disappears! Morgan doesn't know who to trust, what to believe, and what she sh ...more
Nichole
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Having said that, I only have it 4 stars due to a couple of things. It was quite slow in a lot of places. I was diss appointed not to get aquatinted with more of the people in Perfect. I was also very disappointed that there didn't seem to be any closure of any except the two main characters. Really, what happened to the other people! What happened with Lindsay and Amanda and Rick? Why was there a fire at the old lady's house? Other than the fact that there wasn't muc ...more
Cathy Daniel
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really creepy! I could hardly read the ending. There was a part in the ending that resolved so well and so unbelievable in like a paragraph that it left me going huh? Knocked a star off for the ending. It built up so creepily and then BAM resolved. Too rushed and unbelievable feeling. But overall, great suspense!
Sue Ann Simpson
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love It!!!

A creepy, touch of romance, thriller. Morgan's a sweetheart with a wonderful spirit and a great head on her shoulders. Christy Barritt does it again. Great Christian mystery books!!
Michele Rosenberg
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bam!

The Trouble with Perfect is a good read. It really sneaks up on you and Bam, it is a slippery thrill ride. Michele
Dina
Christy Barritt does it again! This book was hard for me to put down! 5*'s!
Cyndi Loo
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!!

This book is one that is hard to put down! Excellent plot! One of my most favorite authors! Keeps ya hanging on!
Donna Whitley
Perfect

Great mystery, loved the story and all of the twists and turns. The characters were well thought out, and the love story laced through it was delightful.
Kim
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intense! Rethink the idea of reading this before you sleep. Once again, Christy Barritt delivers a stunning suspense.
Candy
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. A dark thriller with a gripping ending.
Sharon
Feb 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shades of Gothic Romance
Elizabeth Kling
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keeps you guessing

like this series of books. light reading but interesting. like the realistic characters and the authorised you coming back for more
Emma Mcgarity
Jul 21, 2014
sylvia godwin
May 06, 2019

• Murder in the Milk Case (Trish Cunningham Mystery #1)
  • Drop Dead Diva (A Sleuthing Sisters Mystery, #2)
  • Something Buried, Something Blue (The Mac 'n' Ivy Mysteries, Book #1)
  • Family Patterns (Patchwork, #1)
  • Blind Dates can be Murder (Smart Chick Mysteries, #2)
  • Middle Finger of Fate (Trailer Park Princess #1)
  • The Doctor's Defender (Protection Specialists, #3)
  • Land of the Shadow (The Appomattox Saga, #4)
  • The Extinguished Guest (Lexie Starr Mystery #2)
  • Growing Patterns: Fibonacci Numbers in Nature
  • Cleaning is Murder (Myrtle Clover Mysteries, #13)
  • Fortune's Bride (Brides of Montclair, #3)
  • Mirage (Tru Exceptions, #2)
  • Mission: Out of Control (Missions of Mercy, #2)
Christy Barritt is an author, freelance writer and speaker who lives in Virginia. She’s married to her Prince Charming, a man who thinks she’s hilarious—but only when she’s not trying to be. Christy’s a self-proclaimed klutz, an avid music lover who’s known for spontaneously bursting into song, and a road trip aficionado. She’s only won one contest in her life—and her prize was kissing a pig (okay ...more
“Antoine, you have a phone call.” Chef Fanelli” 1 likes