Start by marking “Bounty's Flame” as Want to Read:

(Wicked Tales)

His claim on the Phoenix and her host will finally unite them…or destroy them all.

Amelia Carter has one goal: to stay alive and keep the Phoenix within from falling victim to the evil that has kept them on the run for the past year. With the Phoenix’s power of sight, they are able to stay one step ahead, until Caleb Reed catches up with them, sparking desires beyond her w
Published May 4th 2018 by After Glows Publishing (first published October 1st 2015)

Eva Millien
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Staying alive is Amelia Carter’s only goal and with Phoenix’s power of sight, she’s managed to stay one step ahead of the evil chasing her until hellhound bounty hunter Caleb Reed catches up to her in this exciting paranormal romance.

Caleb has been searching for his mate for a century and he’ll do whatever it takes to keep her safe and the reader can’t help but get caught up in all the excitement and steamy passion as Caleb and Amelia turn the tables on the evil that has kept her on the run. The
Denise Van plew
Not many novels are written with a Phoenix as part of the main story line and when they are I latch onto them. Out of the few they usually are male very few female with author giving them their due justice. Just because I adore this author's books went in with a open mind just in case. Amelia is on the run and thanks to her companion that within who always alerts her when danger is near. They protect each other the Phoenix and her whom Amelia has called Mel because of her best friend. Also there ...more
CarolKat
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amelia has essentially inherited the Phoenix from her now deceased partner and bestfriend Melissa. On the run from Levi, a demon who wants the Phoenix and the one who murdered Melissa, Amelia has been having very sensual dreams. She doesn't know the man but the Phoenix does.

Caleb has been having erotic dreams of his runaway mate, Nix. He has been looking for her for a century and suddenly she's in his mind. Levi summons the bounty hunter for a job, find Amelia and bring her to him alive.

When Cal
Shannon
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this story and the connection of all the characters. But, at first, I felt like there must be a book before this in the story. So, I looked and , no, this is the first. I felt like I didn’t really have any background at all with characters. It was fine, it just took a little longer to feel connected to the story. I like how it ended but, the climax at the ending was a bit rushed and could have used a bit more detail. It was really fun watching the relationships and characters grow togeth ...more
T.
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
I downloaded Bounty's Flame as a free ebook from Amazon. I'm actually pretty sad about this book. The plot-- fated mates, a hellhound and phoenix, torn apart by tragedy; he continues to search for her resurrected form through the decades. The actuality--lost opportunities. Over all, the story was anticlimactic and rushed. As a reader I had no opportunity to really know these potentially wonderful protagonists. The romance and action scenes are too rushed--the defeat of the bad guy is pretty much ...more
Cali Jewel
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a highly entertaining, action packed, emotionally thrilling romantic adventure filled with magic, mystery, danger and explosive passion.... Could not put it down, enjoyed every heart pounding twist and turn.

Amelia Carter is a strong, sassy and fierce woman battling the phoenix within to ensure she does not become evil .. Loved her. Caleb Reed is a sexy, strong and exciting hellhound bounty hunter that is excited to finally find his mate after all this time. Truly exciting and engaging j
Roseanna
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bounty’s Flame is a short read. I really liked the interesting take on the dynamics with the mating between Mel, Amelia, and Caleb. I think there was a good solid backstory, however the fight between the three and the Levi was too short, and uneventful. So much build up about the hate for this mob boss, to have him be weak and easily defeated was disappointing. I loved the epilogue. Loved. Overall, it was a great short read. I devoured it from cover to end in one sitting.
Lory
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a enjoyable and interesting novella. However I would've like more background information on the other characters since they are important to the storyline. I kinda felt like we were throwing straight into the action. Overall entertaining read. I voluntarily read and review this ARC no monetary compensation was received the opinions I have expressed are my own.
Amanda Williams
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. It had a gripping storyline and loveable characters. The only issue I have is that it could have had more background to other characters that are important to the storyline. This seems to just throw you straight into the action. I would have preferred a little more build up. But other than that an amazing book
Deb Le
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story despite not being a huge fan of phoenixs in literature. I loved the whole take on Mel, how she exists and the depth of her powers. The hell hound is finally perfect to counterbalance and the very human Amelia completes it all perfectly. Plenty of suspense and action, I found this book hard to put down. Loved the conclusion.
Patti
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall rating: 4.3 (ku copy)

This author wasted no time jumping into action from the get go! An hot steamy teasing in chapter one is by far quite the attention getter! Absolutely love this authors ability to give you just enough details to quickly set these characters into motion through this fast paced tale. A truly great quick morning read!
Jessica
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bounty's Flame was a short read but it was interesting and action packed. It sucks you in from the first page to the last. I do wish there was a little more character building, but overall for the length of the book it's worth the read.
Kimberley
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amelia and Mel were on the run Amelia had to keep Mel safe. Caleb had been searching for his mate for years. Levi wanted him to a do a job he did not want to do but he was pushed into it. The super natural aspects of each person made this book wonderful and intriguing I loved it
Andrea
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable story, it was a unique take on mates. I love the Phoenix, it’s one of my favorite mythical creatures, so it was a bonus that our MC is host to one! Amelia/Mel and Caleb’s story was a quick pleasant read with an HEA! Highly recommend their story!
Hsu Lee
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The characters + storytelling were very captivating
This author's stories are always well written.
I loved the storytelling + the characters
She takes you on a very fire breathing journey, and all you have to do is enjoy the ride.
The storytelling + the character's build were awesome!
Anne Richardson
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very entertaining read.
Amelia is host to the Phoenix and is being chased by demons. Caleb is the Phoenix’s mate and has been searching for her for years.
A short read but very,very good. Really enjoyed it.
Dmcl
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fast read that draws a Phoenix and her host into the arms of her mate, a shape shifting hellhound who’s been hired to kidnap her. Together, they learn that together they are stronger than apart and that their HEA is just around the corner.
Karen Fisher
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a short story packed with action. Amelia is host to Mel, a Phoenix. Her erotic dreams connect her to Caleb who is a shapeshifting hellhound. He is also Mel's mate. What a wild ride this story takes you on. I enjoyed it start to finish and kinda wish it were longer.
Lisa
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Good quick read

Bounty's Flame is a good read that can be finished in around an hour. The story is interesting, and the characters complex for sick a quick read. I feel like the book could have been amazing with a little more development and detail.
Angie
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting short story about Amelia, Mel and Caleb.
Linda
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good short story.

A complex story for a short read with Amelia who is human, Mel is a Phoenix and Caleb a Demon bounty hunter.
I voluntarily reviewed this ARC book.
Elizabeth Neal
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lia had me at Phoenix. I love them and I really liked her spin on them in this story.

Amelia is the host of the Phoenix, aka Mel. Amelia named her that in honor of her best friend, Melissa, the previous host that was murdered. Mel than transferred to Amelia. Now Amelia is on the run trying to keep them both safe from the murderer, Levi.

Caleb, a bounty hunter, has been searching for his mate, Nix (Caleb's nickname for her), for centuries. See Phoenixes mate for life and the host will also recogniz
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book!
This is a great book by Lia Davis. Amelia Carter is trying to stay alive and keep the Phoenix within from falling victim to evil. The Phoenix’s power of sight has kept them safe and one step ahead of the enemy until Caleb Reed catches them. Caleb is a shapeshifting hellhound and paranormal bounty hunter who works for a crime lord who wants to capture Amelia for her Phoenix’s powers. When Caleb finds Amelia he knows that she is his mate and will do anything to protect her. If you are l
Nik Saenz
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock::

I give it 4 fangs::

Bounty's Flame

The story is about Amelia and her bond with the Phoenix that lives inside her, running from one man wanting to use her powers and another wanting to claim her body and soul Amelia runs and keeps running until she finally gets caught.

While a very quick read for me I loved that the pace wasn't to fast, I thought the characters were well defined and the magic in the story explained well and not overly done. The
Theresa
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wicked and Hot enough to char a demon!

I really enjoyed this short and wicked tale!! As always, Lia makes her paranormal stories easy to follow and the story plays out like a movie in my mind. From sex dreams to hellhounds, this book has it all! And now a bit about the story...

Amelia and Mel have been friends forever, but only on the run in the same body for the last year. Can bounty hunter Caleb catch them or will Amelia's use of Mel's flames burn him before he can try?

Favorite passage: “We’ll d
Lynn Vincent
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes paranormal stories and fantasy
OMG! Lia Davis has created a fantastic must read story. It grabs you right from the start and doesn't let go. The story is well written and the characters are wonderful. Amelia is the host for the Phoenix she calls Mel. Caleb is a hellhound and the former mate of the phoenix. Levi is evil and wants to control Mel. Will Caleb, Amelia and Mel be able to defeat Levi? Will the be able to join as a triad? You must read this book to find the answers.This is a definite must read at 5 stars.
I was given
Christine
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book this is a must read. I love the characters along with the story line. Amelia is the host for Mel; the Phoenix. Caleb is the bounty hunter and hellhound. He is also the mate to the Phoenix. Levi, who wants the power the phoenix has, sent Caleb the find Amelia. Read the book to find out if Amelia, Caleb and the Phoenix and become one and defeat Levi.
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Heather andrews
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caleb is quite the sexy man, "he closed the gap between them, one corner of his mouth raised in a half-smile. “Could I seduce you into staying home?” Caleb is a good man and I loved him, "he laughed softly, hearing the Phoenix’s tone in her words. “I know, love. I look forward to the makeup sex, though.” I really loved this book it entertained me and kept me interested.
Erzabet Bishop
This is a kick butt novella about a Phoenix, her host Amelia and her mate, Caleb. Hunting demons, hawt dreams and between the covers scenes and a sassy connection all play a part in making this addition to the Wicked line a sassy and fun read. I loved the way this author crafted her story of the Phoenix and the mate potential with Caleb. Great read!
Lynde Shaw
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

A quick, sexy read with a cheeky surprise. Amelia and Caleb were smoking hot together and the Phoenix element was cool. A very enjoyable read if you're looking for something to help you pass a nice fall night by the fire. The sex will burn you up. This gets a recommendation from me!
« previous 1 3 next »
In 2008, Lia Davis ventured into the world of writing and publishing and never looked back. She has published more than twenty books, including the bestselling A Tiger’s Claim, book one in her fan favorite Ashwood Falls series. Her novels feature compassionate yet strong alpha heroes who know how to please their women and her leading ladies are each strong in their own way. No matter what obstacle ...more

Wicked Tales (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Beast: The Untold Legend
  • Evermore (Dragon Wars, #4)
  • The Guardian of Blackbird Inn
  • How To Seduce a Gargoyle in 10 Days
  • Shadows in Savannah
  • Single Wicked Wolf (Wolves of Willow Bend, #7.5)
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes
  • The Cure (Wicked Tales)
  • Witch’s Concubine
  • Gabriel (From Grace #1)
“Not again, Nix. I’ll give my life to keep you safe.” He stepped into his bathroom, undressed, and turned on the cold water. “The next time we meet, I’ll make you mine. That’s a promise.” 0 likes
“A voice entered her mind. “Get up and run.” “Who are you?” “The Phoenix. We must go now.” 0 likes