Start by marking “The Bride Pursued (Civil War Brides #7)” as Want to Read:
The Bride Pursued (Civil War Brides #7)

The Bride Pursued

(Civil War Brides #7)

18+ for language and sexual situations...

Shaye Montgomery is the tour manager for her childhood friend and major recording artist, Rayne Green. Rayne disappears on the night of a sold-out concert in Chicago, leaving Shaye to pick up the pieces while trying to figure out what happened to her friend.

Shaye flies from Seattle to Chicago in an effort to investigate Rayne’s di
Published June 26th 2018 (first published March 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Bride Pursued, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bride Pursued

Phyllis Smith
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time travel story that I've read. I was blown away by the detail. I fell in love with Crow and Shaye. This a sweet love story that time has no hold on. I truly felt like I was there the way Piper Davenport has written this story. I loved the intrigue! I was drawn in from the very beginning all the way to the end. I couldn't put it down. I felt the heartbreak of Shaye and Crow when she left. I felt the joy and love when he finds her. But there is danger around Shaye. Can Crow he ...more
Brandy Roberts
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge huge HUGE fan of Piper Davenport I love everything that I've read by her and I'll keep reading them . I have read a few books in the Civil war brides book and had fallen for the character after reading the blurb to this one I had to get my greedy hands on Shaye and Laughing Crow story plus have you seen this cover yum-my . Time travel plots are one of my many favorite genres and the author does such an amazing portraying it .I had a girl crush on the heroine and I did have a crush on ...more
Sandy
Another excellent book by Ms. Jackson. I absolutely love this author and can't wait until her next in this series. She always keeps you coming back for more.
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Shaye is a Tour Manager, following the disappearance of her artist and best friend Rayne... Shaye is devastated to learn that everyone has moved on... but not Shaye, she hasn’t rested and won’t until she finds her.

After jumping on a plane to Rayne’s last know sighting..an abandoned warehouse in Chicago.

After waking up in the woods disorientated she finds sanctuary in a cabin with a Native American man named laughing crow, badly beaten..Crow knows of Shayne, she is Married to his best friend Sam.
Laura Williams
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shayne is the friend that everybody will want. When her friend Rayne goes missing With no explanation and the police have basically given up as they have no leads, Shayne jumps on a plane to Chicago to do some digging herself. When she goes to the nightclub where Rayne goes missing she is catapulted through time to Baltimore in the American Civil War. I need to discover her friend is happily married in the past.
When Shayne arrives in the past she comes acquainted with an native Indian named Crow
Lisa Book Shelf
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay this is book #7 but this is the first in this series I have read. First as a southern it's the War between States and not Civil War .
This is a time travel book as each women goes back in time when she's in danger in this time. They each find the one they are supposed to be with but her one is Crow a half breed Indian when a time that is not accepted.
Because of the problems of the past she comes home and Crow follows an has too adapter to this time. But
It's a love story spanning time and f
Kim  Brewing
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read any of the previous books in this series, so I was going in without knowing the history of any of the mentioned characters....but you know what? It didn't matter as this book focuses on the couple of Crow and Shaye. This was actually a great read. Going back in time with a modern outlook really hooked me. Things you wouldn't think twice about were major issues then. I loved the spin of things being done in the past affecting parts of the future. I would recommend this book to anyo ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Time travel is not my favourite genre, to be honest, but I am so pleased that I took a chance on this story. This is the 7th book in this series, and the 1st one which I have read. Shaye is looking for her best friend Rayne, and goes back in time to meet Crow, who is a talented tracker. This is a time travel novel, but with a modern prospective to it. This is a well written story, which is intense and steamy, and a sweet love story. I was intrigued and hooked throughout, and I will be going back ...more
Elise Hargreaves
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loved!

Shaye and Crowe were definitely one of my favourites in the CWB series up to now! I liked that this story was a slight twist on the others in terms of how they played out but it was no less spectacular! There were certain times I had a huge lump in my throat reading this book because it was so touching...especially towards the end of the story. I just can't get enough of this series and now I'm patiently awaiting the next!!
Bethani Carter
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the 7th book in the civil war Brides series. I have absolutely loved this series, it is actually the only series with time travel that I have liked. This series drew me in from page one, and this book has been one of my favorites! This is Crow and Shaynes story. This book is a little different than the other books in the series, and has some great surprises. Shayne and Crow not only come from different times, but different cultures as well. Will they be able to make it work?

Sheri Secord
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
love this series, love Crow and Shay's story. This is a slightly different time travel spin but so good. These stories just keep getting better with the different twists and turns. Looking forward to the next book this Amazingly talented Author.
Michelle Lambert
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! If you love time travel romance, you need to read this book! Heck! You need to read this entire series!
Samantha Rae
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story
Brandy Glaser
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seventh book of Civil War Brides series. But it's a hot one on its own. Some twists you don't expect. Ms. Davenport is on my must read list.

***given an ARC in exchange for honest review***
Cup of Tea
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could not wait to read Crows book! Shaye is sweetheart with backbone and sass. She is just what Crow needs in his life and it was so much fun to read their love story. Shaye is lost when her best friend goes missing but little does she know that she will not only find her best friend but love as well. Crow did not plan on Shaye coming into his life and changing everything but he is willing to risk it all to be with her. There are some awesome twists and bitter sweet moments in this book that m ...more
Sophia
This was the story I've eagerly awaited through the last two books. I just knew Laughing Crow's story was going to be a favorite the way he intrigued me as a secondary character. And for the first time in the series, I got to see what happened when someone actually left the past behind and went back leaving behind loved ones. I knew it would have some added tension as a result along with a strong plot and it didn't disappoint.

Shaye Montgomery can't get over the disappearance of her closest frien
Latifa Morrisette
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With each book in this series just gets better and better. This is Shayne and Crow's book. This book follows immediately after the events in the previous book. This book is the same but different in its own way. I fell in love with these two and you will too.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book!!! It might be my favorite out of all of them!! I must say after reading Rayne and Samuel's book I was soooo excited to read more about Shaye and see where this story would go. This one is very different that the others, but a very good different. This book both broke my heart and healed it all in one. In the previous books, the heroes knew they were going to marry the heroine and didn't fight it at all, in fact they all but have to fight to convince the heroines of ...more
Brenda
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Bride Pursued - Book 7 of the Civil War Series by Tracey Jane Jackson
Wow Tracey Jane Jackson hit the ball out of the park with this one. Time travel, intrigue, romance, it's all there. Something for everyone! Usually with her books there are people looking for friends or relatives after the first book where the first person was transported to the Civil War era, who are sent there also.

This book is about Shaye Montgomery who is looking for her missing friend, rock star, Rayne. She is transpor
Cayla
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a cute little story. I have noticed that this series has a lot of the "instant" love thing going on. Instant attraction/hook-up. Almost instant profession of love. While the characters are different and the time line is progressing through the Civil War, the set-up still feels very much the same. I keep hoping that the remainder of the books will be somewhat different.

I think Crow is a wonderful man. (I don't care for his past of hooking up with a lot of women though.) His attraction to Sha
Shannon Sonneveldt
I can’t be sure, since I love almost every book in this series, but I think this might be my favorite. I love Shaye and Crowe and the switch up in the story from the other books. Love, friendships, betrayal, and time travel galore. I love that we in this book you get to see some of the family and friends left behind find out the truth and get resolution. Highly recommend and thankful to have received a free copy in exchange for my honest review.
Nellie
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT!!! Cannot say enough. So great, I'd let my teen read it. Clean, wonderful romance!
Loved this series! Could not put it down!!! Whis this was not the end. I want more! I love the time travel thing in this series. The shock of being in a new century. I loved the Abraham Lincoln info in the previous ones. I loved the Civil War parts! So fun!
Janis Maderia
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book

Loved this book

I liked this book, a bit different than the others. This series is one of the best series I have ever read. I finish one and order the next one right away.
Sharon
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved it, I'm acutally pleasently surprised that I enjoyed the mix of the past with the future the way it was done, but I loved it... Hope there will be more books for this series to come I am really looking forward to it.
Sarah Bauman
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved the story. I read the book in one day and could not put it down. The historical detail and everything else that Tracey puts into the book is amazing. If you have not read this book, be sure to check it out, it's worth the reading time.
Victoria
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book but I was kind of disappointed when the story ended a totally different way than I expected it to end. I won't give details but after reading more of it I was glad that it ended the way the book ended.
Becca
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly

this was a look into the future. I loved this book. can't wait for the next one in the series
Beverly Parker
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is the best time travel series I have read. The other series that even measure up with this one is Bess McBride's " A Train Through Time " both series make you believe in time travel.
Tabitha Dotson
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like this one because of the new spin on time travel. Not only does Shaye go back in time, but when she returns Crow follows her. I live seeing him adapt to the modern world.
Leah
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series more with each book! I just hope that Tracey Jane Jackson keeps it coming!
Piper Davenport writes from a place of passion and intrigue. Combining elements of romance and suspense with strong modern day heroes and heroines.

She currently resides in pseudonymia under the dutiful watch of the Writers Protection Agency.

Like Piper's FB page and get to know her!
(www.facebook.com/piperdavenport)

Civil War Brides (9 books)
  • The Bride Price (Civil War Brides, #1)
  • The Bride Found (Civil War Brides, #2)
  • The Bride Spy (Civil War Brides, #3)
  • The Bride Ransom (Civil War Brides, #4)
  • The Rebel Bride (Civil War Brides, #5)
  • The Bride Star (Civil War Brides, #6)
  • The Bride Accused (Civil War Brides, #8)
  • The Brides United  (Civil War Brides, #9)