Start by marking “Protect the Prince (Crown of Shards, #2)” as Want to Read:
Protect the Prince (Crown of Shards, #2)

Protect the Prince

(Crown of Shards #2)

Magic, murder, adventure, and romance combine in this second novel in the exciting Crown of Shards saga from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jennifer Estep.

Everleigh Blair might be the new gladiator queen of Bellona, but her problems are far from over.

First, Evie has to deal with a court full of arrogant, demanding nobles, all of whom want to get their gree
Expected publication: July 2nd 2019 by Harper Voyager

To ask other readers questions about Protect the Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protect the Prince

Beth
First, I have to say, after I finished PROTECT THE PRINCE, I immediately when back and re-read KILL THE QUEEN and then PROTECT THE PRINCE, again! It was that GOOD!

Evie has reluctantly claimed the thrown and now her troubles really begin. Her finely tuned art of political machinations will become her life line of survival. But at least she has the friends she made at the gladiator troupe to have her back.

Court intrigue, intense action and everything you’d expect from the incredible story telling
T.L. Branson
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully captivating story about a girl’s journey to discover herself, her love, and her purpose.

Magic, murder, and romance. That’s the tagline set by the publisher for Book 2 of Jennifer Estep’s Crown of Shards series, Protect the Prince, and it is spot on.

I was provided an ARC of Protect the Prince by Harper Voyager through Edelweiss. Protect the Prince is set to publish July 2nd, 2019.

This book is even better than Kill the Queen, which I adored. Whereas I gave Kill the Queen 4 stars, I a
Louisa
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really fantastic book! I did guess one of the really big twists, and I have a suspicion or two about something for Crush the King! So much happens in this book, and it was so awesome! Loved it!
Lady Heather

"I'm voluntarily reading an ARC of this book which has been provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review."
Michelle Cable
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Received digital ARC from Edelweiss. Great 2nd book
Rachel V.
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As much as I liked Kill the Queen, the first book in the Crown of Shards, I ended up liking Protect the Prince even more. Everleigh is now the Queen and along with the title comes a lot of responsibilities. There is an assasination attempt at the beginning of the book but Everleigh doesn’t let a little attempted assasination hold her back. When she starts trying to form alliances she goes to visit the king of the kingdom of Andvaria who happens to be Sullivan’s father. The king’s son was killed ...more
Book Bite Reviews
What a lovely girl Everleigh Blair is!

Now that she is the Queen of Bellona, Evie is trying her best to rule over her kingdom with the elder nobles in her Royal Courts, but they are proving to be more of a pain in the neck. All Evie wants to do is fight back.

A girl named Libby fails to kill her.
Who wants to kill Evie and why?

All attempts at assassinating the queen, fail.
I really hate Maeve of the Brigade of Bastards.
Even that name screams LOSER to me.

I don't know much about the Kingdom of M
Karen Fisher
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is fantasy romance at it's best. I was totally engrossed in this book from start to finish. The word building is first class. Totally unexpected twists and such complex characters made for a great story. Highly recommend this book, series and author.
Aleixie
Oct 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
I read the first available chapter, and based off the first book that I wasn't a fan of, I was going to like this one even less.
Ashley Williams
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
review to come
Books In Brogan
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is the 2nd book in the Crown of Shards series and is even better then the first a lot of new intrigue and action to keep you turning the page waiting to find out the "who done it" ending. I can see this series has a plenty of potential to become a long running series.

This review was originally posted on Books In Brogan
Amie
Jun 09, 2018
Fulklax
Jun 19, 2018
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea. She is the author of the following series:

THE ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN SERIES
The books focus on Gin Blanco, an assassin codenamed the Spider who can control the elements of Ice and Stone. When she’s not busy battling bad guys and righting wron

Crown of Shards (3 books)
  • Kill the Queen (Crown of Shards, #1)
  • Crush the King  (Crown of Shards, #3)