Start by marking “Defying Gravity (Havenwood Falls #14)” as Want to Read:
Defying Gravity (Havenwood Falls #14)

Defying Gravity

(Havenwood Falls #14)

Welcome to the secluded mountain town of Havenwood Falls, home to sexy men, strong women, and neighbors who bite. Discover supernatural mystery, thrills, and romance in a place where everyone has a deep, dark, and often deadly secret.

The weight of tradition grows heavier on Tate Kasun each day. As a wolf shifter, he knows the ancient magic of Havenwood Falls must be pro
Published July 27th 2018 by Ang'dora Productions, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Defying Gravity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defying Gravity

Jasmine Voosen
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this new addition to the Havenwood Falls Series by Kallie Ross!!!!

Defying Gravity is a Havenwood Falls Novella by Kallie Ross. I have to admit that I wasn't sure about several authors writing with a cohesive vision of a complex and diverse setting like this series, but I'm blown away with each installment. Each novella is stand alone and builds one every other story and characters. With each novella, I can't wait to read more and find out more of the hidden secrets that are so a part of th
Lita Acevedo
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story about Tate and Alexis. She's a college student gathering data for her dissertation to prove there is no such thing as the supernatural to complete her PhD. After a mishap with a lion and a wolf (both shifters) she stumbles into Havenwood Falls. He's the sheriff's son and destined to become the deputy in Havenwood Falls. It's his family mission to serve and protect the citizens of HF. But he doesn't want to be deputy causing many arguments with his father. He meets Ale ...more
Melanie Hawkins
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Sauce with a side of Suspense

We always know that when a Kasun is involved there will be fur and a lot of it. Then you throw in a woman who has no idea that this world exists. The fur will really start to fly and it starts to get exciting.

There is so much going on around in the story you are excited to she was the next page will bring. People will love, dislike and possibly hate Alex and you wonder how anyone could dislike the wonderful woman so much.

All the while you are reading you try
Lana Davis
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these stories and this little supernatural town.
Son of the town Sheriff and wolf shifter, Tate Kasun knows the magic of Havenwood Falls has to be protected at all costs. As a member of the wolf pack, it is his job to safeguard supernatuals and humans alike from outsiders.
Alex Newton stumbles into Havenwood Falls while working on her thesis that supernatural beings don’t exist. Much to her surprise not only do they exist but that she has magic that long ago was shielded and protected for h
Jo
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finally I get to read about one of the Kasun family!

This is one of those stories that I would like to have seen a bit more fleshed out; a few more pages; a bit of a slower narrative.  It felt, at times, a little rushed - compressed as it is by the novella format.

That said, there was a lot going on between Tate and Alex as well as a tie in to the longer, overarching plot arc around another character whom we have heard of in other books.

I thought that the author did a reasonable job of building th
AJ Weedon
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Defying Gravity - Kallie Ross

As part of Ang'dora Productions Review Crew I was able to read Kallie Ross’ Defying Gravity as an advance review copy.

When an outsider stumbles across Havenwood Falls, crossing its protective wards and seemingly immune to the magic around her, Tate Kasun’s world changes. Drawn to the newcomer in a way he can’t explain, it would seem that Tate has to chose between his family or a stranger.

Having read Kallie Ross’ Written In the Stars I was pleased to read more from t
Crystal
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex is working on proving that the supernatural doesn't exist. Somehow she manages to stumble into Havenwood Falls, a supernatural haven. Tate has been fighting off tradition, not just wanting to follow in this families footsteps. These two stumble upon each other and set their worlds on a new path.
Alex is pretty set in her path and beliefs, but there is something different about Havenwood Falls. maybe she isn't as ready to leave as she expected to be. Tate and Willow are awesome. I love the fa
Rabid Reader
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story grabs you right from the start. It is captivating and you immediately become invested in Alex. The romance, intrigue and excitement builds well in this story, as you are drawn into the mystery of Alexa’s life and heritage. I enjoyed seeing Tate and Alex’s relationship develop and look forward seeing how their lives develop in future stories. I received an early copy from the publisher. This in no way influenced my review and all opinions expressed are solely my own.
Tina
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for my honest unbiased review. Defying Gravity is a really intense read. I really enjoyed Alex and Tate’s story. The way the story started was different start to how both Alex and Tate met. I loved how Tate learnt about Alex immunity to magicks and Alex learns eventually that supernatural exist. I loved how Alex and Tate came together and how their story unfolded.
Melissa
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story, it brought a bit of supernatural that we haven't seen much in this series yet. Sadly it didn't go to in depth, but we did learn more about Tate Kasun 😀. It did link in some info about the collector, so I can't wait to get into that story line and find out more! I do recommend this story and the series!
Heidi
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex definitely has an interesting story! As the story moved along and I learned about her past I found it very intriguing. The court really doesn't like her being in Havenwood Falls, but Tate doesn't want her to leave. I loved the characters and everything else about this well written Havenwood Falls Novella!
Crystal Gray
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am really into the Kasun's and can't wait for more. Tate is everything I could have imagined. We learned a little more about the Collector so I really want to go back and read series in order of release. While it can be read in whichever order it does tie together in little ways. I love this town and everything about it.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
I don’t know how I feel about this story. It was okay but it just didn’t really capture my attention. Sometimes the dialogue felt forced for the sake of moving the story and I just wish it was a little more natural.
Overall it wasn’t bad it just didn’t grip me.
Courtney Huchton
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute short novel. There is definitely more to her story and goodness the collector person!
Tara Christensen
Guylaine
Aug 08, 2018
Brittany Karnes
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
In Defying Gravity by Kallie Ross, we are introduced to another member of the Kasun clan.

I really liked learning more about Tate and how he differs from other members of his family. It sounds like he wasn’t interested in settling down or following in his dad and brother’s footsteps that is until he met Alex.

Alex is a human who derives from Arizona and like many others we are introduced to, is brought to Havenwood Falls by some unknown cause. She was working on her dissertation trying to dispro
Karla Marciszewski
Sep 17, 2018
Kristine
Aug 13, 2018
Facebook Pinterest RSS Twitter

Writing unique adventures with heart.

Kallie Ross has a passion for writing that has become an adventure in itself. She desires to create unique young adult fiction that incorporates legend, conjecture, fantasy, and conviction.

In addition to loving her life as a writer, Kallie adores being a wife, mother, friend, and teacher. She began her creative journey with books, a blog, podcast, and l

Havenwood Falls (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Forget You Not (Havenwood Falls #1)
  • Old Wounds (Havenwood Falls #2)
  • Fate, Love & Loyalty (Havenwood Falls #3)
  • Covetousness  (Havenwood Falls #4)
  • The Winged & the Wicked  (Havenwood Falls #5)
  • Alpha's Queen (Havenwood Falls #6)
  • Ink & Fire (Havenwood Falls #7)
  • Lose You Not (Havenwood Falls #8)
  • Tragic Ink (Havenwood Falls #9)
  • Nowhere to Hide (Havenwood Falls #10)