Start by marking “The Hardest Route” as Want to Read:
The Hardest Route

The Hardest Route

My friends used to tell me ‘What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.’ Clearly, they lied because a few months later, I found out my one-night stand was pregnant.
I couldn’t handle a baby. I was Griffin Rockwell, the best wide receiver the league had ever seen. But what choice did I have? My baby girl was coming whether I was ready for her or not.

Brooke turned out to be an ama
Published March 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Hardest Route, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hardest Route

Jemima
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
teaser blurb.png

What an absolute joy this book was to read!

I wasn't expecting to love The Hardest Route as much as I did. Shame on me because this book was an absolute joy to read!

I'll be honest, I was expecting Brooke and Griffin's story to be the quintessential rom-com that a typical romance with an unexpected pregnancy but colour me surprised because this book is STUNNING!
This is my first book by the author A.S. Teague and I enjoyed it so much!
This book is so sexy, so heartwarming and has so much strength
Lynn
Mar 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
36 Chapters, Epilogue.
Told from both of the main characters points of views.

description

The dirty deed is cut short of their time in Vegas. Lame... I thought it would have been hot when I saw it was a sports romance.

“So, Brooke, how was your night?” Mel asked as she danced into the hotel room, wearing a men’s dress shirt and belt with nothing underneath.

Then it moves to two months later, and she’s pregnant...

She beamed as she nodded. “Yep.
That is your baby.” Tears filled my eyes as I stared at the ima
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

“I’m asking you to choose the hardest route so that we can spend the rest of our lives dancing in the end zone.”

The Hardest Route was our first read by A.S. Teague and we’ll be exploring more of her work following this sports romance which took us in a direction towards the end which we didn’t see coming! Oh, the emotions in this unexpected pregnancy, friends to lovers’ story between a successful woman and a young man on the cusp of football greatness.

“I’m not giving up, Brooke.”
“Well, I’m no
AJ
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

From the moment I read the blurb for this book I was so excited to read it, and it was just what I was hoping for – sweet, fun, emotional and gorgeously romantic. The storyline is super cute, and I couldn’t put this book down, finishing it in the early hours of the morning. It’s my first read by this author, and I loved it!

Brooke and Griffin meet in Vegas where they are holidaying separately with friends. Straightlaced and ‘vanilla’ Brooke has been dragged away to have some fun by her
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Brooke and Griff meet in Vegas one night. He is adorably handsome with an ‘icing on the cake’ dimple. Their eyes meet across the room and there is a connection made. This leads to night that neither of them will forget. Firstly, because it was the sexiest night of their lives and secondly, because it results in an unplanned pregnancy. Well shit…

Brooke had returned to her busy, career driven life in her hometown, where she lives with her best friend Mel. She never expected to hear from or ever se
Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
4,5
Fiquei interessada nesse livro logo que li a sinopse e a autora não desapontou! É uma história leve, com boas pitadas de drama e romance.

Griffin tem só 22 anos e está começando sua carreira profissional no futebol de Chicago. Brooke é uma engenheira de 30 anos, com a vida estável e que vive em Atlanta. Eles se conhecem em Las Vegas, passam uma noite juntos e depois de seguirem com suas vidas sem manterem nenhum tipo de contato, descobrem a inesperada gravidez que os conectará para sempre.

Mes
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
description

“I’m not giving up, Brooke.”
“Well, I’m no
Cocktails and Books
I really enjoyed this story. Griffin and Brooke took a one night stand and turned it on it's ear. I loved their friendship and how it took them seven years to be brave enough to make it more.
Chele'
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this smart, cute and hilarious story!

Brooke & Griffin have a chance meeting in a casino in Vegas. She's there to celebrate her best friend (Mel.....who I freaking love! ) Mel's birthday and cut loose for once. Griffin is there celebrating being signed to the NFL with his best buddies.

The moment their eyes meet it happens and they have a hot and steamy night together, except Brooke doesn't want to have that awkward the morning after conversation so she bails, thinking she'l
Vickie
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been a massive fan of A.S. Teague ever since I read her debut book. Her characters and their stories captivate me and The Hardest Route did exactly that.

Brooke and Griffin meet one night in Vegas and Brooke has no intention of ever seeing him again...until she finds out she’s pregnant. Doing the right thing she gets in touch and so begins their friendship. Co parenting over the years means these to have formed a strong, respectful, platonic relationship. When Griff can’t be there for Brook
Anne OK
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
FULL REVIEW SOON
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
The Hardest Route by A.S. Teague is one of the best books I have read this year.

If there is one thing you take away from this review, besides the fact that you NEED this book in your life, I hope it is that.

This book is amazing. And every other positive adjective under the sun. It is exceptionally written, so authentic and memorable, and completely consuming from start to finish. The Hardest Route is a book that tugged at my heart, broke it just a bit, while simultaneously putting all of the p
Mari
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019reads
Kari
This book oh man this book! I giggled, I swooned, I cried. It gave me everything. First time reading this author and definitely will NOT be my last. The writing and story were brilliantly beautiful. Its about love, friendship, unexpected moments, strength and courage.

We meet Griffin and Brooke in Las Vegas. Griffin is there celebrating being drafted into the NFL and Brooke is on a girls trip with her bestie. She is looking to break out of her shell a bit. She works too much and needs to learn t
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: jessica, marie
Marie’s Review

I was so excited to read The Hardest Route by A.S. Teague because I love a good sports romance and from my experience with Ms. Teague’s writing, I knew it would be great. I was not disappointed, this book was marvelous.

Brooke and Griffin’s relationship did not start by any normal means, a one night stand in Vegas that leads to a baby. The story of the night in Vegas was truly charming.

When Brooke lets Griff know that they are expecting a baby, he handles it like a champ. Partnering
Cee Cee Houston
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a new reader to A.S. Teague, and I can tell you this. The Hardest Route will not be the only book of hers that I read. This was a beautiful, wonderful and hard won emotional story. The uniqueness of the tale of these two characters is what makes it such a powerful and compelling story. Brooke and Griffin had a one night stand in Vegas. And you know. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, usually. But, not this time.
So, they came together in a less than conventional way, and they stayed toget
Diane Holtry
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway-entry
Holy WOW!
I loved every word .. this book had me in tears
Such a beautifully written story!
Brooke and Griffin's story was so unique and captivating I couldn't put it down
Such an emotionally riveting storyline!
It wasn't a slow burn, but more like a reverse burn .. they didn't get to where they are in a conventional manner and they certainly didn't progress their relationship in the typical way but what a hard yet beautiful route it was!
Five stars is not enough!
Becky Rendon
The Hardest Route is:

-a second chance romance
-sports romance
-one night stand souvenir romance
-long distance co parenting story
-superhero story

You may catch all of those tropes right away but I guarantee you will see them all eventually. The Hardest Route for the win. In order to fully appreciate the book, here are a few rules:

Rule #1- you must like friends to lovers stories.
Rule #2- no assholes
Rule #3- best friends overrule your dumb ideas/decisions every time.
Rule #4- it's never too late.
Rule
Wendy Livingstone
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brooke and Griffin learn the hard way that what happens in Vegas does not necessarily stay there. Their story is an emotional roller coaster ride from beginning to end. This is a beautifully written story which is heartbreaking, humorous, and with friendship, hope and love. I was totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner, and I look forward to reading more from this talented author, whose work I highly recommend for all readers.
Karen Janet
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking. Love it.
Shasta Hope
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Voluntarily Reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book!

This was an absolute treasure to read. It was beautiful and charming and gave me goosies at the same time. The author drew her readers in right away and the interaction between the characters were perfect in every way. I love how the author showed that communication can work between the parents as long as ground rules and mutual respect is 💯.

Brooke was a strong, motivated and shy woman. She hardly embraces her inner bad girl and she on
Amy
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am a sucker for a sports romance. It doesn’t matter if it is football, baseball, hockey, soccer, whatever. I love it. I especially enjoy sports romance when it is more about the people in the story than the sport. Finding that balance is key. While I love sports, I don’t necessarily want the details of the sport in my book. I want the “behind-the-scenes” relationships.

A. S. Teague does this well in The Hardest Route. The story follows Griff and Brooke. They meet in Las Vegas, spend an amazing
Amy Weichseldorfer
Ever have so many books that you can't decide what to read next?? Story. Of. My. Life! I was debating on which book I wanted to reread (because when in doubt go with an old favorite, am I right??) when I stumbled upon a recommendation by a book blogger. She read The Hardest Route and liked it. I'd never heard of the author before, which is usually enough to make me pass over a book when I'm feeling persnickety. I've been *extremely* persnickety lately. (sigh) Anyway, I decided on the spot that i ...more
Karen
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Griffin Rockwell is in the prime of his life and living the highlife. He has just been drafted into the NFL and will be playing wide receiver for the Chicago Bears. He and his four college friends, Aiden, Quinn, Shane and Trav, decide that they need to celebrate their NFL drafts in Las Vegas.

Brooke Spires is a woman who has a career and a PhD. She’s smart, focused and lives her life working. Her best friend convinces her to go to Vegas for a few days to let off some steam and let her hair down.
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
In my Jesse Katsopolis voice, " Have Mercy. " The Hardest Route by A.S. Teague has left me completely spellbound. Brooke and Aiden's story is a riveting, compelling, majestical, beautiful, emotional story that has rocked me to my core. Brooke and Aiden are the real MVP'S. I am in complete aw of this author and her writing capabilities. I was a little bit worried through out the first 35%, it didn't want to hold my attention like i thought it would. I am so glad I continued, because The Hardest R ...more
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Griffin Rockwell was on top of the world, he just came off a winning season with his college football team, just scored an NFL contract with the Bears, nothing could shake his good fortune. Well except maybe a phone call telling him that he was about to become a father to a child he created during a one night stand in Vegas.

The moment he learns that Brooke is expecting his child his world gets turned upside down, but instead of turning tail and running he decides he needs to handle it responsib
Theresa Alberts
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
The Hardest Route by A.S. Teague is a story about chance meetings, friendship and of course love. I am a sucker for a sports romance and this book was no exception. Griff and Brooke had me intrigued from the very beginning and kept me there until the last page.

Celebrating being drafted to the NFL, Griff Rockwell is partying it up with his college football friends in Vegas when he meets Brooke. The one night stand that he couldn't stop thinking about turned into so much more than he bargained for
Christine C
What an intense book.

Brooke and Griffin meet in Vegas, where Brooke's best friend Mel has dragged her to celebrate Mel's 30th birthday. Trying to get Brooke to loosen up and have a good time, she literally pushes her into Griffin. They have a one-night stand, neither expecting to see each other again. Griffin is eight years younger and freshly drafted into the NFL. Brooke is shocked to find herself pregnant, but they eventually work something out, coparenting for several years.

This book didn't f
Simply Honest
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐ ARC kindly provided by Social Butterfly PR ⭐⭐⭐⭐

**********This is my honest review and opinion**********

I am completely stunned 😩 this book surpassed every expectation I had.

This book broke my heart and at the same time put it back together. It was such a beautiful story of love and friendship filled with laughter and hope.

Now our hero, Griffin Rockwell. The best wide receiver. I thought because of his age and career that he was going to be immature and full of himself like most authors p
Amy [The Little Bookworm]
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A.S. Teague is a new to me author but the blurb of this book really caught my attention. When I started it I wasn’t sure how I felt about the story but as it progressed I fell more and more in love with the story and with the relationship between Brooke and Griffin.

Brooke’s best friend, Mel, drags her on a trip to Vegas. They end up running into a group of friends who were just recently drafted to the NFL and were in Vegas celebrating. Brooke and one of the players, Griffin, hit it off and had
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
“I pulled away and looked into the face of the woman who had just given me the greatest gift I never knew I wanted. “I don’t care what it takes. We are going to be the two best parents this baby will ever know.”
She dipped her chin as a tear rolled down her cheek. I caught it with my thumb and stroked her chin.
“We can do this, Griff.”
I kissed her forehead. “We can totally do this.”
0 likes
“My heart told me what my head refused to admit.
There was something between Brooke and me. And fuck if I didn’t want to see it grow now that the seed had been planted.”
0 likes