Start by marking “V Games: Dead Before Dawn (The Vampire Games Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
V Games: Dead Before Dawn (The Vampire Games Trilogy, #3)

V Games: Dead Before Dawn

(The V Games #3)

After the explosive breakout on the Isle of Lidelse, Selena and Varick have made it to safety. But the Helsings are already plotting their revenge and will hunt them to the ends of the earth to have it. Selena must rely on new allies as well as old to remain safe, but trust is not a thing she finds easy anymore.
Soon, she's forced to decide whether to fight or keep running.
Published May 11th 2018

To ask other readers questions about V Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about V Games

Start your review of V Games: Dead Before Dawn (The Vampire Games Trilogy, #3)
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
** I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you so much, Caroline!! I’m so sorry it took me so long to get to it but once I started to actually read it, I really enjoyed your book! I hope you’ll forgive me for that long wait. >_< **

”Your heart will deliver you to the doorstep of all your desires. But only courage will have you step through the door.”

Do you still remember my review of “Fresh From The Grave”? Back then I said that Caroline stepped up her game an
Sophia Triad
Peace came in the form of a steady pulse. Not mine, but hers. Selena's.

The final book in the trilogy and the main question is one: Is Selena the cure? Can she make vampires, humans again? Varick has hope.

The Helsings will follow them eventually. They don't like to lose and now that the sadistic little psycho, Abraham's son, is dead; they will seek revenge.

Verick and Selena thankfully are not alone. If the Helsings do show up, Jameson and his pack will be there to defend the island.

This is no
Bookworm Extraordinaire
description

I finally picked this one up again and finished it off. It was OK. I didn't like it nearly as much as the first two. It felt super slow and bloated with a bunch of unnecessary stuff. I didn't need pages and pages and pages of Kite's backstory when she was only a minor secondary character. And I didn't like Cass in this one at all. The way she treated Jase wasn't very nice.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Deborah
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5*

This continues on from the previous book Fresh from the Grave. Selena, Varick and friends have decided that the games have to stop and the Helsings have to die.

But that’s easier said than done.

This book reunites Selena with someone from her past and this provides the means of revenge they’re after.

This is another good read and everything is here. All our favourites plus some new friends and some old enemies.
This time around they find themselves at another Games only this time as guests. And
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
What an amazing series!
But during all of it, they could never have predicted, I could never have predicted, that I'd find love. Find something worth facing death for every day.
Book 1: V Games ===> 5 STARS
Book 2: Fresh from the Grave ===> 5 STARS
Book 3: Dead Before Dawn ===> 3.5 STARS

OVERALL RATING: 5 STARS!!

I know, I know . . . but math was never my strong suit. (That's what a liberal arts education will get you, lol).

In all seriousness though, these books were full of girl power, m
Somia
After the kickass and bloody breakout on the Isle of Lidelse, Selena and Varick have made it to safety, but the Helsings, are already plotting their revenge, ravenous for blood and vengeance.

This book certainly had me transported into the story, for a minute I thought (view spoiler), now if I had been less stuck in the story I would have recognised/known how things would go, but I was so immersed that all I could think was NO!

Mercy’s character evolves in this on
annie
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
4/5 Stars

"If the games had taught me anything, it was that killing was sometimes the easy option."

Selena and Varick have made it to safety but not for long. The Helsings want revenge and will go to the ends of the earth to have it. To stop 'The V Games' for good, Selena must rely on new and old allies to remain safe but that's easier said than done.

⤷ This book was my least favorite out of the three but it was still a great final installment! The beginning and end very well paced and action full
angela
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holly crap

It was so darn good. This was a beautiful love story, among the action, fighting, and most depraved, cruel people the world has. I absolutely loved the first three books, they were wonderfully written and full of everything you can imagine and much you probably can’t imagine.
goodbooks_warmsocks
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: na, fantasy, dystopian
I loved every second of this trilogy, it is a series that kept you hooked the whole way through. The only reason it did not get the five stars is at times it felt like there was filler to make the book longer. It didn't affect the overall story but felt a little like fluff ...more
SWEETY [IS ON A HIATUS]

I don’t even know what to say about this whole damn series other than that I absolutely loved it!
5 f-ing Stars
Caroline Peckham
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Pre-order the final part of Selena and Varick's story now!
5 days to go!
Anastasia シ
Full Review on my blog!
*a copy was provided by the author*

AHHH! This was the perfect ending to this trilogy! After reading and LOVING the first two books, I absolutely needed to read this! And let me tell you I just DEVOURED this novel!!!

As I mentioned in my reviews of the first two books, I haven't read a GOOD vampire/supernatural book in forever; this one is a very unique vampire book! And I mean it, it's very different; this trilogy so far is something else! I don't know why, but I'm so amaze
Nicole
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I received a free copy of this book directly from the author Ms. Caroline Peckham. Thank you so much Caroline! This is my review.

Blood-Thirsty. Revenge-Seeking. Heart-Wrenching. Death and Destruction -- no one is safe.

As a major fan of the previous novels, I could not have imagined a more fitting ending to this series. Dead Before Dawn has it all; fast paced action, heart-pumping scenes, heart-breaking moments; revelations further into the characters we have loved from the beginning and so much
Angie
When the moon reigned, I could love her as she deserved to be loved. But unless the sun decided to let me walk in its burning light once more, I would only be able to kiss her half as often as often as I wished to. --Varick

5+ stars!

This was such an emotional rollercoaster of a book/finale for me. From the very beginning, you could tell that the ~tone~ of this novel was different--there was so much more at stake as the characters loved harder, fought more brutally, hurt more completely, cried mo
Shirley Cuypers
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-beta, ebooks, 2018
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Caroline Peckham!

V Games: Dead Before Dawn
is the third and final book in The Vampire Games Trilogy and continues the story of Selena and Varick. Selena, Varick and their friends escaped from the Helsings and now need to decide whether they are going to run or going to fight. Will they try and live a life they’ve always wanted or are they going to stop the hunter from hosting V Games?

V Games: Dead Be
Emily
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is how the third book in a trilogy should be! Bravo Caroline Peckham, you have officially ruined me for other books! Well....at least until I find and read the next big wow lol.

I am so sad this trilogy is over. I want more of every single character in that book. I think that this is actually the first book since I've read the hunger games that I felt for every single one of the characters and felt effected by the deaths, the love, the survival...everything. The author did a wonderful job w
Renee
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think of writing as an art form- painting a picture for readers using words that soak your soul in colors, emotions, and images. A good artist/author creates characters that evoke emotion -may that be anywhere on the spectrum between adoration and repulsion.

I can honestly say this book raised my blood pressure over and over. Ulvic- such a complicated character. In love with his tormentor- hiding his sexuality- his fascination with wolves...THIS guy drove me fucking nuts. My skin crawled every
Myndi
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing ride this book took me on! This is one trilogy that did not disappoint for me...each book was just as good, if not better, than the last. The action is non-stop, there's romance and intrigue and adventure and everything that a reader wants from a great series.

Selena and Varick are back and better than ever. We also get more of Cass, Kite, Ulvich, Jameson and Mercy. Things will not always play out the way you think they will. I think one of the best things about a well told story
Heather
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot believe how well-written this is. Such a phenomenal story with writing that makes you feel as though you are walking around with Selena and the Vs.

Varick? Still my beating heart, I think I am in love! Finally get to see more of their love story, and it doesn’t disappoint, though the twists and turns will keep you on the edge of your seat. Thoroughly enjoyed each word.

Selena is a hardcore lady, Cass is sarcastic and strong, Jameson always makes me laugh, Varick is ever the romantic and
Anna
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
****I voluntarily read and reviewed this book, all opinions are my own.****

I was sincerely worried about the ending to this series. I have been in absolute LOVE with it since the V Games started, especially Selena and Varick and have grown emotionally attached to them. Even though I cried, twice, throughout this book, I'm really satisfied and excited for how it ended. It was perfect. Every character, except Ulvic, was perfect! Caroline Peckham has created some of my favorite characters, especial
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Well I must admit I did not see all the stuff with Mercy, it was a big character change, I feel like it should have been done gradual so we could see the changes not just a quick I don't want to be like that any more. I liked the big battle and feel like it's a just end to the story. ...more
Lindsey
This was my least-favorite of the trilogy, unfortunately. The pacing is very different from the first 2 books. This one was slower and very broken up. There were tons of awesome scenes (that I could really visualize), but it was very staccato, so it was hard to gain momentum. And as much as I enjoyed getting backstories for Kite, it took too much time out of the book and in the end wasn't entirely NECESSARY - It could have been greatly condensed. The chapters for the many many many side characte ...more
meghann
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
YAAAAAAAAAAAS. Ugh, I freaking love this series. The first two books were about survival. This one was all about that sweet. sweet revenge. I lived for it. Selena is one of my favorite characters. She was channeling The Bride from Kill Bill, and I was feeling it. I was not expecting Mercy's transformation in this book, and I never thought I would be rooting for her in the end. There were also some surprising character returns, and some heartbreaking losses. And learning more about Kite's history ...more
Rachel
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's finally here, the last book in the V Games trilogy by Caroline Peckham. This series took me totally by surprise. I am a young adult reader so of course I have come across vampire books, it may not have been a whole lot but I have read some and I had expectations going into this series and boy was I wrong. The whole idea of this book was different, it was like Vampire Diaries meets the Hunger Games and it was awesome.

You have girls taken from prison, who deaths are faked, to play a game of s
Barbara Marie Warner
The book was exciting and I couldn’t put it down. I read it in one sitting, I love ❤️ that Selena and Varick have finally made it to a safe place. Selena has met someone she didn’t really realize alive. So many questions, so many twists and so many turns.... This book will definitely keep you on your toes, you will scream, you will laugh 😂, you will cry 😢, you will want to pull your hair out, and some times of you may even want to bite your nails...
one thing you may not want to do like I did ...more
Josie
I had to dnf this. It's not a bad book, I really enjoyed this book when I started it and I really enjoyed the previous books in the series but I took a break to read books from the library that were almost due and when I came back to this one I just wasn't as interested as I was before. If I would've finished it when I originally started it probably would've gotten 4 stars, I'm just not in the mood to read this right now so I'm dnf-ing so that I can read books I'm more in the mood for ...more
Ms. Cyn
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series. The Vampire Games are an interesting twist of Hunger Games. Selena is amazing and her romance with Varick is intense throughout the whole traumatic situation that she is put through. Her strength and cunning keeps her alive but at what cost?
Fatima
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Slowest of the three, I was almost bored in the middle, but finally something happen and then a lot things that I believed doesn`t matter. ...more
Vanessa Biggers
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

Such a beautiful end to a great series! I can't wait to start wolf games! Caroline Peckham is a brilliant author!
Kenziey
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite scene was Selena jumping out of a helicopter as she threw a grenade into it. Bad. Ass.
I love how strong she became throughout the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Eternal Reign
  • Ignite Me (Watch Me Burn #4)
  • Rebel Rising
  • Crooked Heart (A Death So Sweet #2)
  • Our Bloodline (Featherstone Academy #3)
  • Freedom (Featherstone Academy, #5)
  • Eternal Vow
  • The Trade (Vampire Kingdom #1)
  • Your Bloodline (Featherstone Academy, #2)
  • The Pact (Vampire Kingdom #2)
  • Liar (Hillcrest University #6)
  • These Reckless Hearts (Saint Clary's University #3)
  • Wolf Endangered (Willow's Forbidden Pack, #2)
  • The Claim (Vampire Kingdom #3)
  • Breakers (Academy of Stardom, #3)
  • Beautiful Deceit (Watch Me Burn, #3)
  • Lords of Pain (The Royals of Forsyth University, #1)
  • My Bloodline (Featherstone Academy, #1)
Caroline Peckham is the bestselling author of The Vampire Games Series, The Age of Vampires Saga, The Rise of Isaac Series and the Forbidden Fairytales Series.

She'd love for you to come join her reader group on Facebook where you can get your hands on advanced copies of the books plus chat with readers and enter giveaways.

Caroline lives in the south east Eng

The V Games (8 books)
  • V Games (The Vampire Games Trilogy, #1)
  • V Games: Fresh From The Grave (The Vampire Games Trilogy, #2)
  • Wolf Games (The Vampire Games, #4)
  • Wolf Games: Island of Shade (The Vampire Games, #5)
  • Wolf Games: Severed Fates (The V Games #6)
  • Hunter Trials (The V Games #7)
  • Hunter Trials: Into The Dark