Start by marking “The Sign of the Serpent (Adventures of Marisol Holmes Book, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Sign of the Serpent (Adventures of Marisol Holmes Book, #2)

The Sign of the Serpent

(The Adventures of Marisol Holmes #2)

Meet Marisol Holmes: High School Student, jaguar shifter, and great granddaughter of Sherlock Holmes. She’s solved countless supernatural cases, but her next one’s the hardest yet. Why?

Marisol is about to lose her heart.

Two days ago, terrible events shattered the very foundation of the Conclave.

Now, Marisol Holmes swears she’ll stop at nothing to destroy the man she once
Published February 12th 2019 by Monster House Books

To ask other readers questions about The Sign of the Serpent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sign of the Serpent

Paula  Phillips
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
The past few years have been anything but cruisy for Marisol Holmes as her father was killed, she fell in love with a boy only for him to turn out to be a killer and then her partner in the agency turned out to be a killer too. During book #1 we read as Marisol's Jaguar side of her had almost disappeared, and she had been having trouble to shapeshift. Her and Ivy had been tasked in tracking down a killer only to learn that Marisol's ex-boyfriend Mannix was the one orchestrating the kills. Ivy at ...more
Charlotte
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Teenage jaguar shifter.....royalty.....sigil bearer.

Marisol has been through a lot recently and she's about to go through a heck of a lot more.

This has been worth the wait. I've enjoyed following Marisol on her journey in this book. It's nice to see her working with friends to solve thus particular case. It's nice that one if those friends is Roan Black.....Hot jaguar shifter....and Marisol's long standing best friend and crush (I do like a nice crush) I think I'd have liked a little m
-RadioactiveBookworm-
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was really excited to see that the next installment of "The Adventures of Marisol Holmes" was finally out, after reading the first book and loving it, I felt like any time at all was too long to wait for the second book. That being said, I loved the first one so much that for at least a week after reading it I couldn't stop thinking about it, especially the twist at the end. I also really like that the covers go together so well, I'm sure they would look amazing on my bookshelf.

Check out my f
Andrea Thompson
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you aren't reading this series, and you are a fan of mystery, shifters, a connection to Sherlock Holmes and a sassy heroine - you need to start!
Note that this is book two, and I would absolutely recommend that you start at the beginning with A Study in Shifters. Marisol is one of my new favorite heroines, for all the reasons. She's snarky, smart, been put through the ringer and still keeps on doing what needs done to bring down the bad guy. What's not to love?
If you need a good who done it mi
Genevieve Eldredge
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marisol's back, and the mystery is even more chilling! I couldn't put this second installment down! Marisol's racing against the clock in a dangerous cat-and-mouse game with the most sadistic mastermind ever--her ex-boyfriend Mannix.

Verstraete skillfully captures all the thrills, riddles, and deadly adventure of the original Sherlock Holmes stories, and the shifter angle is definitely fresh and exciting.

Can't wait for the next one!
Jasmine
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Sign of the Serpent is the second book in the Adventures of Marisol Holmes series. It picks up immediately after the events of the first book, so if you haven't had the chance to read that one yet, you may want to do so before tackling this one.

I will try to keep my review as spoiler-free as possible, but I would highly recommend grabbing a copy of book one ASAP. I love this series so much!

In the sequel, Marisol is dealing with the repercussions of what happened at the end of book one. Not o
Rebecca Veight
Feb 15, 2019
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

Finally! The book gods have smiled down upon me and gave me the second installment of Marisol Holmes adventures. This book takes off where the first one leaves off. Do not read this unless you have read the first one.

Marisol has to deal with the aftermath of a mass murder and dealing with the epic return of Mannix. While struggling to reconcile her feelings of betrayal and hatred, she has to prevent Mannix and Indra from carrying on with their murderous shenanigans.

I love, love,
is currently reading it
Feb 12, 2019
Tannie
Feb 12, 2019
Author Majanka Verstraete has written more than twenty unique works of fiction. A native of Belgium, Majanka’s novels explore the true nature of monsters: the good, the bad, and just about every species in between. Her young adult books include the acclaimed Mirrorland (YA Dark Fantasy) and Angel of Death (YA Paranormal) series of novels.

Majanka is currently developing a new YA shifter series wit

The Adventures of Marisol Holmes (2 books)
  • A Study In Shifters (The Adventures of Marisol Holmes, #1)