Start by marking “Almost a Wedding (Left at the Altar #2)” as Want to Read:
Almost a Wedding (Left at the Altar #2)

Almost a Wedding

(Left at the Altar #2)

Barrett

When Paul asked me to be his best man, I didn’t think we’d make it this far. He’s 0 for 3 on engagements, but he says he’s serious this time.

The moment I meet Audrey, the maid of honor, I’m conflicted. She’s recovering from an injury. She needs my help, but all I want is to help her into my bed. What we have is wild and hot as hell—but that doesn’t mean I’m lookin
Published July 24th 2018

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
-Kacie, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I loved this book so much! Everything I’ve read by Ruth Cardello is fantastic and this was no exception. I was sucked into the story right off the bat.

Audrey is the maid of honor in her best friend's wedding. She’s also recovering from surgery and she meets Barrett when she over does it on her injury. Barrett is the best man in his best friend's third attempt at getting married. He’s had a rough life growing up and lets very few people close. It also shaped his perspective on love.
Isha Coleman
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Life may not always be sunshine and rainbows, but through the grace of God and strength of character things tend to work out fine. Almost a Wedding serves as a reminder that there's always a bright side to every dark cloud. Audrey and Barrett find romance at the wedding that wasn't. Barrett is a pessimist, trudging through the baggage of a painful past. Sweet natured and optimistic Audrey is working her way back to fighting form after an accident interrupted her structured routine. Amidst a disa ...more
Mayas
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed the real life event Ruth incorporated into this story. The accident and struggle of getting back to 100%. Being there to help everyone and hoping they are okay before the needs of yourself and wellbeing is addressed. What made this book even better for me was the knowledge and attention of both Audrey and Barrett. They were the heart and souls as well as the voice of reason. It helped with their friends as well with themselves and each other. The truths expressed on that island w ...more
Amy
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG. This is a fantastic start to a series!! I love the casualness of Barrett and Audrey. They are totally opposite but that's what makes them so interesting. I love how Audrey never really judges Barrett and just always seems to get him. I think that's what topples him over to her side!! Can't wait to read more of them!!!
Kathy
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maid of honor and best man at a destination wedding. Both Barrett and Audrey feel the attraction but it is side-lined when the groom makes it 0 for 3 weddings. And Barrett is just not ready for a permanent relationship. As he fights what he feels for Audrey, he just may find himself fighting for a forever.
A great book by Ruth Cardello and highly recommended!
Christina Concus (Moonlight Novels)
This was the first book by Ruth Cardello that I have read and I really enjoyed it.

I loved that this was a fast paced, quick read!

Even though the characters Barrett and Audrey were opposites of each other an wanted completely different things this book was so well written that it made them very interesting. Also, both characters show what true friendship to their best friends mean.

Overall, a great book with a fun setting and great writing style. Can't wait to read more.

*I had the pleasure of rea
Marcy
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Barrett and Audrey's story was fun from the start. The way they met and the wedding fiasco was unique and kept me entertained. They had great chemistry. Ruth's characters always have a depth about them, that make them so interesting and likable. I'm always rooting for their happily ever afters. I have really enjoyed every new book in this series. Always excited for more from Ruth Cardello.
Donna
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book two in the Left At The Altar Series, this one is written by Ruth Cardello

The name's Barrett

When I was asked by Paul to be his best man, little did I know that i'd think he’d ever make it this far.
Paul’s an a zero for 3 on marriage engagements. Now Paul believes that he's totally serious this time.

When I saw the lovely Audrey who was the beautiful maid of honour. I’m now so so conflicted. Even though Audrey is now slowly recovering from an injury. I know that Audrey really needs m
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Almost A Wedding is the second book in the Left at the Alter Series and is the first book that I have read by this author. The Left at the Altar series is being written by 6 different authors. Here is the order.

Book 1 - TEMPORARY GROOM by J.S. Scott
Book 2 - ALMOST A WEDDING by Ruth Cardello
Book 3 - HUSBAND MATERIAL by Raine Miller
Book 4 - WICKED WEDDING by Sawyer Bennett
Book 5 - BAD BLOOD by M. Malone
Book 6 - SECOND CHANCES by Melody Anne

These books are all Standalone Novella’s but, can be a sp
Kathryn at CLiK Book Blog
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Almost a Wedding - Ruth Cardello
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I absolutely loved this story. Ruth Cardello packed so much detail into the personalities of Audrey and Barrett but also the supporting Characters as well.... it was easy to imagine the Groomsmen trying to wrangle the Groom into finally making all the way down the aisle while the Bridemaids were reassuring the bride

Audrey was recovering from surgery for a badly broken ankle but when her best friend Isa asked her to be maid of honour, she couldn’t say no. But
Shelley Youngblood
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Almost a Wedding by Ruth Cardello is a quick fun read. I read it entirely in one setting and felt many emotions as I read it. I laughed, and even found myself misting up when the characters experienced many of their emotions.

Ruth has the ability to make you feel like you've escaped from reality and are completely emerged in the world she has created. It is a spin-off of her Bachelor Tower Series, so if you're a fan, you'll enjoy seeing some of the characters from that series as well. Though, thi
Kyle Hakim
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Debbie Collins
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Almost a Wedding" is the second book in the Left at the Altar series, written by different authors, and it was a fantastic read. It is the story of Barrett and Audrey, he is the best man at his best friends third attempt at marriage and she is the maid of honor for her best friend that hopes she will be getting married. Still recovering from ankle surgery but not wanting to let her friend down, Audrey has a time when a lot of walking is involved. Barrett comes to her rescue, he is blunt, broodi ...more
Sharon
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Almost A Wedding by Ruth Cardello is the first book I read in the Left at the Altar series! This book was awesome!

Barrett is the best man and Audrey is the main of honor. I love the these characters! I enjoy Barrett rough exterior and continue loyalty to his friend. Audrey this friend everyone can hope to have once in their life. Audrey would do anything for those she cares about.

I love watching as Audrey found her groove to do thing she has never done before to find happiness for herself.

Thi
Jane Bowen
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A love story that starts with a wedding not happening. Barrett Natick is best man for his friend Paul the forever groom who some how never gets married. Audrey Enfield is the maid of honor and best friend to Isa, the bride who is having second thoughts and disappears before the ceremony . Barrett meets Audrey while looking for the bride and one look and sparks fly! Audrey isn't looking for any LONG TERM hook up, maybe some fun. And Barrett is more than gun shy when it comes to relationships. Wil ...more
Amanda
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book...I’m usually not one for insta love stories but this one was paced very well. Isra’s situation upset me because I wanted her to have her HEA but I think we will be seeing more of her and Paul later whether in this series or the Billionaire Towers series I’m not to sure.

I must say I absolutely love how well the author weaves her different series together like she does. We see people from the Billionaire Towers series as well as people from the Left at the Alte
Cathy
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this in one sitting and absolutely loved it! The hero has baggage he has to work through and the heroine is trying to get through an accident that has her sidelined. Sparks fly for Barrett and Audrey when they get together as the best man and maid of honor at their friend’s “wedding”. I loved the scene in the story where Barrett realizes what he wants in life, as it was a very moving situation for him. The humor between Zeke, Gage, Barrett and Paul was so laugh out loud funny and an extra ...more
Tianna Croy
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love isn't easy, there are no truer words. After overcoming his poor beginning Barrett vows to never be poor again. He also doesn't want to share what he's worked so hard to accomplish with anyone. That is until he literally found the maid of honor, Audrey. He started wanting things he never thought he would. Audrey just thought a wedding one and done might be the thing to get her out of her funk, but it did so much more than that. This is a quick read about an almost wedding that lead to so muc ...more
Nidia
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting type of personalities, good read

I really like the way this story flows...there could be some more descriptions but I think it came out pretty well. The sexy scenes aren't too descriptive but my imagination is very good and I believe it reads well enough to describe for others as well. I liked the characters, they are not too often in this type of genre that I have read. I would like to get to read more by Ruth Cardello and see where her characters take me next.<3<3<3
Tracey Warren
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story, the meeting and what follows for Barrett and Audrey is engaging, endearing, engrossing love story. Barrett history doesn't make him relationship material, a resident in Batchelor Tower, building himself the type of life he wanted having dragged himself up from nothing. Audrey sees behind the brusque mask, without meaning to gets under his skin, and they could find something together meaning so much more? A Ruth Cardello gem of a read, gives the feels, the sighs, and the reader wantin ...more
Jenn Avery
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novella has a very well-developed story. Ruth Cardello manages to pack an interesting full plot along with complicated characters into a small package. Barrett is a reluctant and cynical hero and Audrey is his opposite with her positivity, but both are very loyal to their respective friends which is what ultimately brings them together. Fans of Cardello’s other works will instantly recognize the humor and charm she brings to all of her books and those new to her writing will certainly start ...more
Mary Smith
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Read!!
This is a short sweet love story that will keep you engrossed until the end.
Audrey and Barrett meet at a wedding venue of their best friends. The bride and groom are having troubles so Audrey and Barrett try to figure out how to help them.
Barrett is totally not into weddings because of his past.
Audrey isn't even thinking of getting married.
This is a fun story and I enjoyed how easy it was to get involved in the story.
I recommend this book if you are looking for some laughs an
Ani
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book from Ruth Cardello and is the second in the series, however it can be read as a stand alone.

I didn’t think I was getting into this book at first, then I realised I was 5 chapters in before I took a breath and then I was finished before I knew it! This story had great flow and swept me along with the characters in it. My heart hurt for Isa and Paul but soared for Barrett and Audrey. Great chemistry and dynamic throughout and I just want more of them.

As soon as I finished t
Sharon Shovan
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh, what a fast paced adorable story! Audrey and Barrett are at an island for their best friend’s wedding. They have never met each other before. But when they do WOW! The chemistry is way out there. But he does not do relationships. And she usually does not do flings. But this time may be a game changer. Besides helping the bride and groom, they might just help each other. It will be fun to find out.
JoDeen
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Iam a huge fan of Ruth Cardello so when I heard about. Almost a Wedding I got so excited! I dived into this book as soon as I could and OMG I loved it !. Barret and Audrey's story was just so much fun to read, it delivered on all the things I have come accustomed in a Ruth Cardello's books. It was sexy , addicting, romantic and swoon-worthy and had eager to get her next book. I love this story and if you're wondering if you should read it the answer is YES as soon as you can.
Lisa Smith
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Almost wedding?.....

I liked Barrett and Audrey, they were actually two people cut from the same cloth. Both fathers not a part of their lives growing up. They were strong and independent and determined to be successful in life. They both attend their best friends wedding, best man and maid of honor. The wedding hits a few snags and doesn’t happen but what did happen was they got to know each other.
Carol
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Almost A Wedding

Two people meet at their best friends soon to be wedding. Barrett, confirmed single, no attachment, relationship, type guy. Audrey friend to mutual friend of Barrett, they happen to meet, and test all of Barrett's rules/ ideas he has always said, maybe someone could make him question what he wants in life, or who? Great story, open to love❤.
Michelle Eriksen
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whenever I pick up one of Ruth Cardello's books, I can depend on getting a sweet romance with a little sass, lots of heat and enough humor to make it a fun read.

Almost a wedding lived up to all of those standards and then some. Barrett is hot and makes me wish the story would just keep going on. Audrey and Barrett are just to perfect together and their chemistry makes the pages just fly by.
Tina Brimlow
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok I am the type that will never get married. But after reading Almost a Wedding, I wouldn't mind a wedding hookup. These characters is just so hot and are just perfect for each other. Ruth has many books that I love. But I think this one has become my favorite one so far. If your looking for a hot read, you just found it. I promise you, it is hot.
Jane
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great Story!! Another bachelor leaves the Bachelor Tower's for love! Things might not work out for the bride and groom but the best man and maid of honor get dirty under the sheets and the shenanigans begin. I read this story in one sitting, which is not usual for me. It was fun getting to know Barrett and Audrey!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Husband Material (Left at the Altar, #3)
  • Temporary Groom (Left At The Altar, #1)
  • Second Chances (Left at the Altar Book 6)
  • Wicked Wedding (Left at the Altar, #4)
  • Untamed Devotion (The Barrington Billionaires Book 5)
  • His For Five Nights (Barrington Billionaires, #5)
  • Bad Blood (Left at the Altar #5)
  • Dearest Stalker: Part 1
  • Bar Bites: A Man of the Month Cookbook
  • Obsession and Surrender (The Billionaire's Seduction, #2)
Ruth Cardello hit the NYTs and USA Today for the first time back in 2012. Millions of sales are evidence that her books are akin to potato chips, addictive from the first one. She has created a multi-series billionaire world with a combination of escapism and realism that has gained her a faithful following of readers.

What Kindle Reviewers write about her:

"Wow hot at every page. Heart stoping, fea

Left at the Altar (6 books)
  • Temporary Groom (Left At The Altar, #1)
  • Husband Material (Left at the Altar, #3)
  • Wicked Wedding (Left at the Altar, #4)
  • Bad Blood (Left at the Altar #5)
  • Second Chances (Left at the Altar Book 6)