Start by marking “The Misadventures of a Dating Delia” as Want to Read:
The Misadventures of a Dating Delia

The Misadventures of a Dating Delia

Delia has a bit of a problem.
You see, in college, in a moment fueled by youth and tequila, she made a pact with a guy. One that said if neither were married by a certain age, they'd marry each other.

Delia's now a successful career woman, one who's desperate to keep from marrying a stranger. Especially one just so happens to be an unemployed gaming nerd living in his mothe
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 120 pages
Published February 2nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Misadventures of a Dating Delia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Misadventures of a Dating Delia

Start your review of The Misadventures of a Dating Delia
Sarah Stein
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a cute read. Man did I feel bad for Delia and now the thought of ever having to date again scares the crap out of me. Goes to show that there are some weirdos out there. But in some areas I did laugh at her expense when faced with those dreaded dates. All in all, Delia had one of the most awesome best friend even if she kept setting her up. (ARC provided for an honest review)
Amanda  B Gillespie
Cute short read with some funny parts. Pretty much as described. It shows what happens when a drunken college pact is taken too seriously and how much trouble your best friend can really get you into but at least she is always there with an alcoholic beverage to pull you out of your funk!
Mary Dean
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am still laughing out loud from this book. This novella was a blast to read. This is the story of Delia, a day trader who has been too focused on her career to really date. She is about to turn 30 and she is reminded of a pact she made in college with a guy she dated name Marty who at the time was sweet and very handsome. They made a pact that if they weren't married or in a relationship by age 30 they would marry each other. I have read some cute stories that have that premise. The issue with ...more
Sassy Southern
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Misadventures of a Dating Delia was a hilarious read! I loved this book and reading about all of the craziness Delia runs into while trying to find Mr. Right.

In order to get out of an old pact she made after having too much to drink Delia, with the help of her best friend, decides to search for a boyfriend by trying out different ways of dating. The guys she gets set up with are definitely something else and she realizes that finding someone is going to be harder than she thought.

The worst
Primrose Passage
This is a new to me author. From the look of the cover, I was interested. I just knew there would be some funny parts and the author didn’t disappoint. Though, I felt bad for Delia because it seemed she had a hard time trying to find the perfect date. This book is about trying to get out of a pact she made with her guy friend in college. The pact was that if they both weren’t dating someone they’d have to marry each other. What made it even more hilarious was how Delia’s best friend, BB kept set ...more
Super*BETA*Reader
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
After seeing all the 5-star reviews talking about how amazing and hilarious this book is I thought I would give it a shot. Although I wouldn't say it was a bad book, it certainly didn't live up to all the hype of the reviews. For me, it was simply "ok". Yes, there were some extremely funny parts, but I also found the story really dragged in parts and I was tempted to skip pages. Delia wasn't a terrible heroine, but she wasn't a fabulous one either. I felt a bit indifferent about her.

The writing
Natalie
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely hilarious!

The Misadventures of Dating Delia, leads the reader through Delia and her best friend BB's last ditch attempt to get Delia out of a marriage pact made on a tequila infused college night.

This book was very relatable as Delia cycled through Tinder, speed dating, blind dates and even a singles cruise. Anything that could go wrong during Delia's dates did go wrong. This book had me laughing the whole way through.

The ending of the book where Delia realized exactly what she wante
Energy
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Determined to get out of a college pact of marriage, Delia will do anything to avoid having to marry him.Her best friend BB comes up with a plan to just start dating, in any way possible. What ensues are countless dates that end in disaster, from trying speed dating to dating a man who brings his mother on the date. When she's just about had it with dating, BB has one final trick up her sleeve, but it might not just be enough.
loved the creativeness Bentley put into each of the dates. Dating De
Reads A-Lot
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Delia’s Dilemma: A pact that she made one drunken night to marry a guy if both were still single by the time they hit 30, which wouldn’t have sounded so bad if the guy wasn’t an unemployed loser still living with his mama and hooked on his Xbox. The answer: She must find a relationship to get out of this pact.

The whole thing was basically a string of bad dates and loser guys. It was kind of a drag and not even remotely funny. This just wasn’t what I’d hoped.
Tresa
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was laugh out loud funny!!! Delia goes from one date disaster after another, no thanks to her best friend who has a plan to help Delia date!! Makes me glad to be happily married!!! A great book to read on who NOT to ever date! Love the characters! A must read!!
Denise Campbell
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute dating cautionary tale. when we are young we make silly pacts that we figure we will never think about after it is made. Sadly for Delia her pact partner remembers and in order to avoid the pact she tries every dating idea out there.
Amber Goodwin
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet short read. Delia is determined not to be Mrs. Mortimer Floyd. One can't really be kept to a tequila induced promise right??? Add a friend who comes up with unique ways to get her to date and Delia is set to on a road of unique dates. A great entertaining story. ...more
Kari Skaggs
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Uhhhh

Did anyone bother to proofread this? And man, the main character is annoying! Not to mention the best friend. Would anyone really take a drunken college pact that seriously?
Pat
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The wonderfully written storyline that is full of humor and the very likeable characters kept me totally enthralled throughout the entire book! This book was an absolute joy to read!
Misty Ashcraft
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I've read! Quick pace, easy read, humor and characters you can relate to! I highly recommend this and all of H.C. Bentley's books! ...more
Regan Costa
Michelle K
Mar 17, 2018
nitya
Mar 23, 2018

• Don't Dare Love (Knights, #1)
  • Don't Dare Fall (Knights, #2)
There's just something about a small town that makes relationships interesting, whether they are romances, long-running feuds, or life-long friendships. These are the relationships H.C. Bentley enjoys discovering and exploring. Well that, and the fact she just loves a good happily ever after or second chance story.

When she's not writing, H.C. works as a cataloging librarian at her county library.

News & Interviews