Start by marking “The Shadow of the Rogue: The Rogue's Gambit (The Rouge's Gambit Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Shadow of the Rogue: The Rogue's Gambit (The Rouge's Gambit Book 1)

The Shadow of the Rogue: The Rogue's Gambit

(The Rogue's Gambit #1)

Trapped in a VRMMO- Will Cassie and friends make it out alive?

Hi, my name is Cassie James. I live with my parents in what's left of Seattle. For a twenty year old girl, I'm pretty typical. To pay for my gaming habit, I work at the local supermarket. While the job is really tedious, it's better than unemployment.

Most nights you can find me plugged in. That's when I can ge
Published May 1st 2018 by Northern Sky Press (first published October 5th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Shadow of the Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shadow of the Rogue

Betty BoomBa
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
I so wanted to like this one too. The cover is lovely for a start.

RPGs? Yes please. I say this even though the idea of turning the processes of an online game into a novel seems odd. Still, I am all for it if it works. Is it a potentially interesting story? Yes. The execution of the story? Not so much. I did finish it, but there are several issues which detracted from the story.

1. Needs editing and this is for a couple of reasons.
Typos. A fair few of them. I can normally ignore most instances,
DJay
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I rather liked this book. The pacing in the book was a bit fast, and I would have liked for it to be longer, but that's seriously my only real gripe with the book. There are a few typos here and there, but not enough to detract from the story. With that said, I love the main character and how level headed she is. She's not off the wall crazy, but at the same time, she does make noob mistakes as would anyone who's just learning the in's and out's of a game. With that said, this is a fun read, wit ...more
Brad T.
I tried really hard to get through this book and I stopped at 57% of the way through the book. At about 32% of the way through the book the editing goes from bad to simply unreadable. Missing words, extra words, misspelled words. I can usually excuse a lot of editing because this is mostly independent writing but this was so bad I thought why should I care to finish it if the author rushed to publish. too many good books out there to waste on this.
James
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Good read

Story is a bit different as it had a female MC. Story had some issues with how a thief would not use detect traps when picking locks.
Hawk
Jun 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
I love litRPG! And I love the backstory/premise this book is set up on. Which is why this book is such a disappointment .

First of all, the book was done in a speech-to-text, this there are plenty of misspellings, punctuation errors, grammar problems, as well as sentence fragments, missing text and other problems.

In addition, after establishing the base rules for the world, the author then proceeds to immediately violate those rules. The MC can do things with her abilities that clearly violate th
Robert Lovell
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Another good story ruined by poor editing

"The Shadow of the Rogue" is the first installment in Quinn Dallas' series The Rogue's Gambit. A LitRPG tale of the exploits of Kira Nightwind. Kira is the online persona of Cassie. One night, something happens when Cassie logs into a VR game. One of the AI's has become sentient and seems to be taking over the game world. Trapped online as Kira, she and several players must complete a hidden quest to unlock the exit.
It is a fast paced story full of action
Ricardo
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Light and Easy

Light reading. No real plot twists. Generally if you want something to chill with. Will definitely read sequel. Fans of fantasy medical adventure will enjoy and definitely mmorpg gamers will enjoy.
Travis
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Not a bad story. I liked it. Will definitely read more in the series when I run across them.
Deedee
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book

I liked the book very much. I've always had a thing for books like this. Thank you for bringing back childhood memories.
Jon moorshead
jared moore
Jul 03, 2018
Fallenangels
Aug 22, 2019
Quinn Dallas is the pen name of a part-time writer from Michigan. A lifelong fan of Sci-fi & Fantasy he's discovered a new favorite genre in LitRPG!

Quinn spent eighteen long years working as a Social Media Manager in the Bay Area tech scene. Tiring of the rat race, he returned to the Midwest for early retirement.

When he found the quiet life too boring, he started writing and publishing. Quinn

The Rogue's Gambit (2 books)
  • Tower of Dreams (The Rogue's Gambit, #2)