Start by marking “Young Love” as Want to Read:
Young Love

Young Love

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  199 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
Sometimes you need to let yourself fall…

Recently divorced Sienna Porter has the life she’s supposed to. A house, career, even a hot young contractor working upstairs to distract her. At thirty-eight, she’s entitled to a little fun (according to her best friend, anyway).

Pain, though— it’s so clever in the way it infects hope and poisons happiness.

Jace Beckett should be fly
Published July 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Young Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young Love

Malene
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Once in a while a person comes along who changes your entire outlook on life and how you view yourself. For Sienna that person is Jace who changes her life irrevocably. Up until she meets Jace her life has been pretty mundane. Sienna is divorced and doesn’t have a good relationship with her ex, her work is now her only constant with her being a consultant and has a knack for numbers. The people in her life, her friend Karen and her mother, only criticize and puts her down so her self esteem is a ...more
Sunniva Dee
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
J'Adore
I absolutely adore this book and will never forget what I just read.
I fell in love with Alyson Santos' beautiful writing and real conflicts in her Night Shifts Black series, and with Young Love she's showing how she's already evolved into being able to write anything.

ba470e76 7a3d 4937 88ea 4a978c23598f

Sienna Porter is hilarious, sarcastic, sweet, and uptight. Her self-confidence is non-existent thanks to an overbearing mother and a dominant, good-for-nothing ex husband who left her for someone else.

In her door barges the
Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Li com muitas expectativas por abordar um dos argumentos que adoro em livros (Romance entre personagens com grande diferença de idade) mas não foi tudo que esperava, mesmo o livro tendo sido bem escrito.

De um lado temos Sienna, uma mulher de trinta e oito anos divorciada, solitária e rodeada de pessoas que a deixam para baixo e a criticam o tempo inteiro. Do outro Jace, um homem de 23 anos com sérios problemas em casa com seu padrasto e grandes preocupações com sua mãe e seu irmão mais novo.

Sien
Beth Flynn
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A page turner from the start, I found Young Love to be highly addictive and couldn't put it down. This author's ability to create such believable characters never ceases to amaze me, and Jace and Sienna are no exception. I can't get enough of Alyson Santos and am anxiously awaiting her next sure-to-be-spectacular creation!
Kali McQuillen
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read, 2018-arc
You know when you're trying to write a review and your nose starts tingling and you have tears well up in your eyes thinking of the book? Yeah, that's exactly what's happening right now to me trying to come up with the words for this book.

What do you say when the love of your life is standing in front of you and asking what you want but you're afraid to answer because of what others might think or say? Are you going to have the courage to answer what you really want or are you too scared? What i
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

8 hours I was lost in this world
7 the number of times I sighed and rooted for them
6 the number of times I called her mom some unsavory names
5 the number of times my heart broke
4 the number of times I was raging angry
3 the number of times I wanted to really punch her ex (probably more)
2 the number of times I said darn I want to learn Karate
1 day was all it took me to read the story of Sienna and Jace

Sienna is a divorcee whose mother and ex-husband really did a number on her mental
TeriLyn
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
**Young Love generously provided in exchange for an honest review.**

3 "Numbers never failed." Stars

I just recently became of this author with her Night Shifts Black series and was interested in reading more of her book. With this book I found myself falling for it much later than I expected. The unconventional yet beautiful relationship started really fast and it took me a while to really feel the basis of that connection beyond the superficial. The first probably 35-40% felt a little disconnect
Cathy
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this author's writing style, each book gives you something to think about, an insight into the thoughts that go through our heads and how powerful they can be.

Sienna is 38, a divorcee surrounded by toxic people who put her down and generally make her feel less. Jace is only 24 but his life experiences have left him strong, self assured and knowing what his priorities are. Judged by all as they come together they seem to be overcoming all the negativity in their lives, but facing them are
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

‘He cups my face, trapping my gaze on his. Melting me. Drowning me. I just want. There it is again, that terrifying four-letter word. “What do you want?” I whisper
“Real.”

This is our fourth book by Alyson Santos and if there’s one thing we’ve learned from her writing, it’s the absolute passion she brings to her stories. Alyson writes from the heart and it shows. It shows in the protectiveness of her characters, and in the way she tells their story. It’s all about the emotion, the characters.
Jo
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Goodness.

This book.

The story told within these pages is so much more than a "simple" love story between a man and a woman. It is full of heart and fear and hope.

Ms Santos has once again wrung me out emotionally and put me back together again with this touchingly beautiful story.

I adored her characters. I adored their connection.

Bottom line? I adored this book.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Darlene Avery
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Young Love by Alyson Santos is one of those rare gems of a book that not only has a beautiful heartfelt storyline, but also one that helps each of us remember that there is more. We don’t have to settle. We don’t have to hold ourselves back.

Sienna Porter has experienced life. She has been in love and has also had her own world shattered.

Jace Beckett’s life has not been easy. He maybe what many would consider young. But at heart he is an old soul who puts others ahead of himself. Even if it mean
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
description

“Real.”

Danielle S.
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love. That’s what this book is about.
Who to love.
How to love.
Why to love.
When to love.

Thirty-eight year old Sienna has struggled to love herself just about her whole life. Then she settled with a man who then struggled to love her enough. When he rolls out and she’s left alone, and her only friend has a not so friendly agenda.

So, imagine her surprise when the contractors she’s hired to do renovations on her home show up and the gorgeous 23 year old carpenter, Jace, is interested in her.

Ja
Hazel James
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Forget the cookie-cutter romances… Young Love is a powerful book that smashes preconceived notions about relationships, age, and the things we think we deserve. Jace and Sienna are so relatable, and their story reminds us that it’s never too late—or too early—to find The One.
Amanda Adams Steward
First book by this author.

This was my first book by this author. It had a great storyline characters were great and Jace he was super swoony. My only issue was I wanted more steam.
D.C.
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m so in love with Young Love. Santos blew this one out the water. So, so good.
Nic *The Wandering Bookaholic* Spears
Alyson never fails to impress me with her words and I am always waiting impatiently for her next book.

What she has delivered with ‘Young Love’ is a beautiful, addictive book that will have you hooked from beginning to end.

Sienna and Jace were the definition of soulmates and their love was absolutely breathtaking.
In a world of ‘cant’ and ‘shouldn’t’ they proved that they ‘can’. They have each other hope and showed that you should never ‘hold back’ on the things that make you happy, even if it i
Katie (Leave Me Alone I Am Reading)
Aaly
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided for an honest review. ***

I’m a sucker for Alyson Santos’ stories. The topic covered, a relationship between a divorcee who fell for a younger man and the hardships they had to overcome all along the way as a couple but also as individuals was moving, gut-wrenching and inspiring.

A self discovering journey for Sienna who lived for a long time in a planned life, well hidden behind numbers, something comforting, always being denigrated for years by her family and friends
Andrea Britton
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five stars!

Could this book be any more beautiful?! The answer is no!
This is a story of finding your self worth in the most unexpected place. Figuring out that you don’t have to HOLD BACK.

Sienna Porter is newly divorced after her husband ‘met someone else’. She’s got a beautiful house that needs some work. And she just happens to find a special someone when the work starts.

What she thought was just lust turned into something so much more. There is an age difference... but I love that saying t
Joanne Coughlin
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sandy Blushing Babes Are Up All Night
**4.5 Blushes**

Sienna Porter is a woman in suspended animation. Unable to move forward I'm her life after she is left broken by the betrayal of a husband that swore to love her always.

Jace Beckett is in much the same position. Betrayed by a mother incapable of living in reality. He is left to do whatever must be done to protect his little brother.

A 38 year old woman. A 23 year old "boy"? Yet Jace is making her feel things Sienna hasn't felt - ever. There's no possible way this could work between
Kathy Wideman
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by Alyson I have read and I loved it. This book is one heck of an emotional rollercoaster ride. This is an older woman younger man romance. While Jace maybe 10+ younger than Sienna he is so much wiser in most ways. He has been through so much in his young life. He lives in the now and doesn’t let things hold him back. He doesn’t let societies rules and such dictate his life. He does what he wants. Sienna is a divorced woman in her late 30’s. She has lived her whole life a ...more
Christina Pannell
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alyson does it again. She truly has a way with words. She can portray so much in a book and you don't feel like you're reading it but living it.
Jace Becket is younger than Sienna Porter, but they have this connection.
Sienna Porter I'd scared because she's been hurt by her ex husband and she truly deserves someone to be there for her and love her without judgment !!!
Jace is always the one standing up for those he loves and carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders
Will life, judgment, a
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5+ Stars

I. Am. Sobbing! What a mess, snot and tears, this book has mangled my heart. I got so much heartache with these two characters, their situations pulled me inside out, there were times my heart was so full of love, then bursting with rage, followed with complete desolation. I think I'm broken.

Sienna is so downtrodden by everyone! Mother, ex-husband, friend... I wanted to hug her and fight her battles for her. I love how she grows into a confident tigress. Jace, well he is just perfect; m
ItaPixie
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Young Love was a great read but I didn't expect any less from the mind and hands of Alyson Santos.

Sienna,our heroine,at 38 years old she discovers her self-worth and thanks to Jace she finds the courage to be free and live her life to the fullest and definitely leave the cage the society has put her in years before.She finally feels comfotable into her own skin.

Read this book because in its pages you won't only find a love relationship between a 38 years old woman and a much more younger man,bu

aloha.sharie.reads
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received Young Love by Alyson Santos as an Advanced Reader Copy in exchange for an honest review. I started it last night and stayed up way past my bedtime reading it. I was hooked! Sienna is a 38 year old, recently divorced woman who finds a kindred spirit in Jace...almost 15 years her junior. I don’t want to give too much away, but let me just say that I loved both characters. Jace was playful at times, yet selflessness; his soul seemingly far beyond his 23 years. I also loved the transforma ...more
Brenna
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gah! This book! It just may be my favorite Alyson Santos book to date. I've come to rely on her powerful prose, strong voice, and emotion-inducing writing, and Young Love fit the bill, and then some. There was so much power in this book, and if it doesn't inspire you to take a look at your life and do a little evaluating, you've obviously missed the book's message. I loved the dynamics between Jace and Sienna, I loved how they saw and brought out the best in each other, I loved their story. This ...more
Aim
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book hard! The writing is amazing. This author is definitely a new automatic one click for me from now on. It’s poetic yet contemporary. This story is about so the many different ways of sacrificial love. I was confused for a bit about Jace’s choices, and I cried a lot for Sienna for many reasons...pride, heartbreak, life...but the overall events of this book that culminate are worth it all!!! 5 easy stars!!! I could read on and on about them forever....
Meredith Wilson
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Sweet & Sexy Stars!

From the moment I began reading this novel, I was swept away into a captivating world that only Alyson Santos can create. Her words and beautiful writing, weaving their way into my mind, ensuring that I would devour each and every bit.

Sienna Porter is 38, beautiful, smart, witty and sweet. She is a bit timid though due to a domineering ex-husband who left her for another woman.

Jace Beckett is 23, sexy, talented, driven and troubled, dealing with an abusive stepfather wh
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I’m a writer, musician, and cat lover. I’m also obsessed with alternative music. Seriously, it's a real problem.

I write what needs to come out, whether it’s pain, tears, or laughter. I write people and relationships, about the beauty and horror of what we do to ourselves and each other. I write Love. Vengeance. Compassion. Cruelty. Trust. Betrayal. Forgiveness. Darkness, and the incredible way hu