Start by marking “Yuki's Luck (Smith Pact Duo Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Yuki's Luck (Smith Pact Duo Book 1)

Yuki's Luck

(Smith Pact Duo #1)

He’s stolen her heart, it’ll take luck to get it back.

Just her luck, one evening after too many shots, Yuki wakes naked tangled in Dylan’s expensive sheets. Yuki Smith doubts her mother’s judgment on men, life, and definitely on naming her “lucky.”

Published May 2nd 2018 by Purpose Prevails Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Yuki's Luck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yuki's Luck

Start your review of Yuki's Luck (Smith Pact Duo Book 1)
Rosie J.
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romance Lovers
I like the writing style of this author but this story is too short and ends at 57 percent. The rest of the pages are previews along with a few sneak peeks (of the first couple of chapters) of books already written by the author.

The family dynamics in this story confused me and I had to read one particular passage several times in order to understand the family structure. Yuki and Asher aren't twins as we're lead to believe when this story begins. They are half-siblings. Yuki and Asher were born
Coco.V
Jul 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (7/9/2018)!💝

Blurb:
He’s stolen her heart, it’ll take luck to get it back.

Dylan Jameson is her twin’s best friend and all the things she’s not. Filthy rich, focused, and drop-dead gorgeous. And beneath it all he is a really great guy. Then he messed it all up by asking for what she cou
Lilly Charysma
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A super short and quick read, “Yuki’s Luck” is trying to change a little bit the roles. Yuki is a woman with childhood issues that keep her away from committing to a relationship, even if it is with the one and only guy she had ever had feelings for.

This time, the girl is “the player”, or at least more of a player that Dylan. He has only ever wanted her, he has held on to the hope of someday being with Yuki and making her “his girl”. If they will succeed or not, it remains to be seen.

Now, I have
Turningcover
Apr 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Yuki held resentment towards her father because he abandoned her. The day he left is when she found out she had a brother (Asher). Right before her seventh birthday, his mother took guardianship of her.

Dylan who was Asher’s best friend always had his eye on Yuki but wanted to wait until she was ready. One night after drinking they were intimate. He wanted them to become committed but Yuki was apprehensive. She was going back and forth in her head because she wanted him but was afraid of how it
Raecharmed
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dylan wants Yuki and isn't afraid to let her know it. However Yuki is gun shy from things that have happened to her in her life. So she's insecure and ends up leaving Dylan after they have an amazing night together. Now her brother needs her to fill in for him on a business trip and its with Dylan and she jumps at it because it'll give her a chance to fix what she's done. Dylan is upset that she left after they were together but doesn't understand why. When he finds out that she's in Ireland he ...more
Teri
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first read by this author and while it's a great read it's also short. Too short for me to say if I like this authors style. The story is good and without a bunch of sex to blur the story. I love a second chance romance or at least one that isn't insta love and in their case it has been a long time coming. I think with more background on the characters this could have been a 5 star read but it feels like you are dropped in the middle instead of the beginning. From what I got of the ch ...more
Carolina
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved this book for a lot of reasons and most of them center around Dylan. Yes, Dylan is one fine individual. Yuki? I mean she's fine, but annoying as heck. Good grief! I was almost rooting for Dylan to dump her because she was working my last nerve. She has some issues to work through. Regardless, once she got her act together, it eventually got better. I love the fact that the secondary characters were fantastic in this book. Dylan really ended up being the Luck of the Irish for Yuki and the ...more
Sheila
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Asher and Yuki are brother and sister by the same father but different mothers. Their good friend and Asher's partner is Dylan who is also a well known playboy but he and Yuki have a strong attraction to each other but so far they have stayed away from each other until one night she gives in and it was all and more than she expected but the next morning she ran because he told her that now she was his forever. When Asher's mom talked to her and told her she was running from love because she was ...more
Melissa
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Yuki and Dylan have k own each other forever but have never given in to the attraction they both feel for one another, but one night changes all of that. Afraid of love Yuki runs, but will she give in to her feelings or let real love pass her by? Dylan has loved Yuki since he knew what love was, but he knew getting her to take a chance was never going to be easy. These two fight for their love and it was a great story to read about conquring your fears and letting that special person in.

I receiv
Cheryl Svec-Ray
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yuki has not had the best example of love lasting. Because of this she is protects herself and her heart.

Dylan and Yuki grew up together and he knows the real Yuki, her fears and her patterns. He has been in love with her since they were kids, Dlyan has been waiting on her.

This is a sweet story of young love that has continued to grown with time and patience. Dylan works hard to break down her walls to show that she is safe

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily lea
Adalle
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is not only a wonderful way to began a series (duo). But a great second chance romance. Yuki and Dylan’s love and chemistry are hot and explosive. They really know how to make a pact.

I have to admit I’ve read this book previously and even now as I read it again, I’m really enjoying it. Yeah, I know it was back when I didn’t know about leaving.a review. But I’ve grown and really committed to reading ALL of Ms. Dixon’s books. And I recommend that you do the same.

Any opinions expressed within
Pat
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Yuki’s Luck” is about a woman with commitment issues and the man who has been waiting for her. Although Dylan and Yuki share a mutual attraction she’s afraid of being hurt and he refuses to be treated like a boytoy. Will Yuki find the courage to face her fears and accept all that Dylan has to offer? Good story, great characters, told with emotion that pulls at your heartstrings. We should all be open to love! Looking forward to the other stories featuring the rest of Yuki’s family.

I received a
Kristen Hankey
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yuki and Dylan have known each other floor a long time but have never given in to their feelings for each other. One night changes that. Yuki runs because she is afraid of love. Does she give in to her feelings or let real love pass her by? Dylan has loved Yuki since he knew what love was, but he knew getting her to take a chance was never going to be easy. They have to fight to make it work . Very short book.

Zsa
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yuki and Dylan friends since childhood are at a crossroads in their relationship. The love they have for one another is definite, however Yuki hesitates to take things to the next level. Fortunately Dylan knows who he wants, now he just has to convince Yuki their destinies are meant to be entwined. The book was an easy read, though touching on deeper issues faced by Yuki. I would love to see more with Asher and his wife as well as his (and Yuki's) mother. Enjoyable read.
Mylene Williams
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Yuki and Dylan have been friends all their lives. As they approached their teens, the love they realise they have for each other became their forbidden love for years. They are in their twenties now and Dylan wants the world to know how he feels about Yuki officially. Yuki is resisting not trusting her feelings for Dylan at all due to her own parents history and example of love. Will Dylan win Yuki over, or will he walk away from her as she is running scared?

Nice read.
Jeanne Richardson
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've read a lot of books written by Ja’Nese Dixon; she has done an excellent job at writing a good books; she is one of my favorite authors. I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Mary
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this first story in the "Smith Pact Duo" series. It's a fairly quick read that is very captivating and cute. It really pulls on those heartstrings too. I love the characters. Yuki and Dylan are so perfect for each other but she has major commitment issues. Dylan is her brother's best friend and has always wanted more with Yuki. On night alcohol and chemistry lead to more. He wants more than one night but can she give him what he wants?
evette w
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay

This story had all the makings of a really good story but comes up just a tad short.Somewhere along the way this story reads like you have been dropped right in the middle.There was so much left unsaid by the writer and it would've been nice to see all the chemistry in action between the two main characters.This was a good read and there are moments you will enjoy .
Kathleen
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet romance about Yuki and Dylan. These two have been friends for years and secretly attracted to each other. One night, a little tequila and things happen, but can Yuki deal with it. Yuki has a lot of baggage. Dylan is a player but wants to make Yuki is one and only.
You'll smile when you read this.
I received this book for an honest voluntary review.
Ariel
Interracial Romance A to Z Challenge: Y

This was a very quick read. Too quick, actually. I feel like there's a lot missing that would have made this a complete story. As it is, it feels unfinished and I'm not sure that I want to read the sequels.

It was cute, though. A little confusing in some parts, but cute.
Mary-Anne
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I didn't expect to enjoy the book as I did with how short it appeared to be. The writer adequately put drama, romance and steam enough to make the book nice but not raunchy. I loved the growth of the characters and the story.

Brenda Moser
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet and sexy romance with strong characters in Yuki and Dylan who have been fighting their feelings for each other for years. It's a short entertaining story with drama and romance and had me hooked from start to finish reading.

Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
I like the different family dynamics in this story, even though it was somewhat confusing to follow at times. I also love the different cultures mixed in. This is a short read and enjoyable but I did wish there was some more to Dylan and Yuki.

Maja
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved Dylan he was dreamy. But other than that, I would agree with the people who are saying that the story was a little too short and it stopped abruptly. The relantionship between Dylan and Yuki just felt as though it was missing something.

Charmaine Nouwen
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yuki's Luck by Ja'Nese Dixon is a great short read.sweet,heartwarming and steamy friends to lovers/ brother best friend romance story of Yuki and Dylan that you will love and enjoy. great storyline,interesting characters with great chemistry,looking forward to the rest,well done!

Jay
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dylan loved Yuki for as long as he could remember but for Yuki, love happened to other people not her. How can she and Dylan ever have a future together when she was hell bent on running away from him? It would take more than a hot night between the sheets to convince her otherwise. A fun read!

Debra Richardson
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable book one in the Smith Pact Duo series! The story line is well-developed, emotionally deep, well written, engaging, and steamy guaranteed to pull you in from the first page. The characters are likeable; the chemistry between them is off the charts. Definitely recommended!

Annette
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yuki's Luck by Ja'Nese Dixon

These two are destined, he's just waiting for her to realize it. Short, sexy read. Dylan wants his woman and he's tired of patiently waiting. As luck would have it, taking their friendship to the next level is a very realistic adventure.
Winnie Bassette
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
When calls the heart

Yuki does her best the skirt around her love for her childhood friend Dylan. Dylan has never the fact that he loves Yuki . Through self reflection, help from her family and Dylan leaving, Yuki tucks her tail between her legs and goes to get her man.
Buttercup1201
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yuki is a successful career woman with love issues. She is in love with Dylan, a childhood friend. Yuki doesn't believe in giving her heart to a man but she is unsure if she should take a chance.

Well written with a storyline that anyone can relate too.

• Back in the Saddle (Blazing Eagle Ranch #1)
  • The Baby Protector  (Wolf Shifters of Wakerlin, #3)
  • Flirting with the Single Dad (The Single Dads of Seattle Book 9)
  • Havoc: A Reapers MC Boxset
  • Spooning Leads to Forking (Hot in the Kitchen, #2)
  • Roping A Cowboy (Blazing Eagle Ranch Book 2)
  • Sexy Dirty Cowboy
  • One Wild Weekend with Tyler (One Wild Weekend with, #7)
  • Viking
  • Backsliding
  • Envy (The Grid Series #7)
  • Pet Potions Cozy Mystery Box Set (Pet Potions, 1-3)
  • The Billionaire's Secret Son (Preston Brothers #2)
  • Love and Other Magic Box set
  • sawtooth shifters box set volume 1
  • Taboo: A Dark Romance Boxset
  • Noah (Camp Mountain Man #1)
  • Snipe (Love on the Ice #3)
Ja’Nese Dixon pens tales of romance in various subgenres. But her favorites are the ones that manage to keep readers sitting on the edge of their seats lying to themselves about reading “just one more chapter”.

She is an avid reader and coffee drinker, who also loves to run, cook, and craft. Her ultimate goal as a writer is to give you a little “staycation” with every story.

Ja’Nese calls Houston h

Smith Pact Duo (3 books)
  • Asher's Sonnet (Smith Pact Duo Book 2)
  • Smith Surprise (Smith Pact Duo Book 3)