Start by marking “Back River Quiver” as Want to Read:
Back River Quiver

Back River Quiver

Morgan is just looking to have a fun spring break until her workaholic mom brings along her new boyfriend. But when she ditches the two of them she ends up lost in a swamp, ankle deep in mud, and facing down a gator the size of Godzilla.

Rixen has been praying for God to send him his angel, his rightful mate who will live with him in the swamp and bear his children. When h
Published May 2nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Back River Quiver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back River Quiver

Alexa Riley
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
She's LIVE!!!

Amazon: http://geni.us/RS4c

Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This got a little weird in the end but apparently daddy issues, Stockholm syndrome, and sexy swamp men are things that I fuck with 🤷🏼♀ this was hilarious and I thoroughly enjoyed it lmao

(btw this deals with “breeding” which is not something I’ve ever read about before and I kinda hated it but I also kinda loved it??????? Who am I)
Deborah
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Having just finished a long series I found I needed something light and meaningless as a break before I moving on. In cases like this I usually check out Alexa Riley and that’s when I came across this.

Now I’m not expecting a serious read I mean even the blurb describes it as amazing terrible. This is so over the top, it’s on top of over the top. This book is on the level of ridiculous that surpasses all our stunts before this.

Sounds perfect and seriously who can resist that cover?

We don’t know h
Sophia Triad
“This is better than the Discovery Channel.”
Honestly...
Lorraine Lesar
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was Deborah’s review that got me reading this. So it’s Deborah’s fault that I actually read a m/f book and worse? enjoyed it!
It’s silly, inconsequential, frivilous, totally OTT, implausible, unrealistic, flawed (totally flawed) and yet I really liked it 😁
She gave it 4*, I’m going to be more generous and give 4.5*. Because that “batter” reference is going to be something you will always remember. Every time you make a cake batter, pancakes, batter up fish or sausages (especially sausages) it’s
Bibi
May 12, 2018 marked it as on-hold-for-now
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
DNF @ 20%. Maybe later.
chandler ainsley ♕
hands down the funniest smut i've ever read

it's not very often that you read smut where the characters and the author are aware of the ridiculousness of the situations presented in the book. this was so excellent because of that self awareness. i was ROLLING fucking laughing the entire time.

morgan gets lost in a swamp and is rescued by a big hulking shrek who wants to "breed" her. morgan realizes how ridiculous this is.

example: "morgan was relating to a man who'd made an alligator his bitch." a
♡Tonya♡
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 stars

This collaboration of authors is known for their OTT storylines, so noone should be surprised. The story was wildly OTT and unbelievable and full of smutty lovin'. No cheating, and neither are with others after meeting.
Cristina | CristiinaReads
May 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-books
➳Wow, I am surprising myself by rating this novel with a two... Maybe it's the combination of three authors, I honestly don't know but I am highly disappointed...

➳ARC kindly provided by the authors, in exchange for an honest review...

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
Vashti
May 05, 2018 added it
You really have to suspend all thoughts while reading this one,outlandish to say the least...still scratching my head over this one.All I want to know is how the heck did she land in the Everglades if she was going to Miami from the Keys.
CaRo
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ha Ha - don't know why I chose this book yesterday. Two stars because I like the gator wrestling but the rest of the story was kind of off. Also I know it is a thing of the author but this whole "call me daddy" thing so not my scene...
Elizabeth Neal
Morgan had spent years being a pawn between her parents since their divorce, never feeling truly wanted for who she was. When she and her mom plan a vacation to Florida, Morgan is excited at spending time with her. However, when they arrive Morgan is shocked to not only meet her mom's secret boyfriend but also in learning the work trips were a lie. Saddened and acting out impulsively, Morgan needs to get away, but that action leads to her being lost and stranded...and staring at an alligator int ...more
*Dee's Reading Time Matters
ALEXA RILEY AND JESSA KANE ARE GREAT AT WEAVING COMICAL YET INSTA-LOVE/LUST STORIES!!!!!

I loved the connection between Rixen and Morgan in the bayou in "Back River Quiver." This was not your stereotypical couple. On reading the blurb, I assumed that the hero was going to be similar to an ignorant backwoods fellow with vocabulary were mainly grunts maybe or say a Jethro Bodine in the classic TV show, 'The Beverly Hillbillies!' Not! Rixen was alpha, possessive, protective; well read with moderniz
Chitra *CJ*
AR+ JK + Backwater smut...GIMME ALL THE MUDDY KINKY BATTER!

All of the semen in his body was meant to be released inside his gift.

Oh hell yeah.

"Back River Quiver" is the OTT lusty, cum leaking tale between Morgan and Rixen.

What happens when a 6'7 hairy giant recluse who wants a cum receptle and horny angel finds her right in his swamp?

Well he wooes *cough* kidnaps *cough* her with his penile leaking talk, gentleman courtsey and strange innocence, until she gives in.

All was going smooth unti
Julie Zantopoulos
I don't think I've ever laughed harder than the very self aware writers of this story making it over the top and ridiculous! I mean, honest to goodness hilarity ensues. I will say that it's VERY over the top, features breeding, and there's a lot of "Daddy" talk which makes me cringe...but I still enjoyed it.
P
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
Virgin heroine with daddy issues.

Enjoyable read, though.
ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬

#canteven

Elle
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: wth-is-this
2* STARS!!

Mini review:
I almost.. almosttt say NO for this book. But the crocodile on the cover intrigued me. What's the worst that could happen? Apparently some weirddd stuff going on with the characters. Stars from abduction, daddy kink and uber hot swamp man.

I don't know what's year this man has live. He has a book; some kind a pleasure guide for woman. Both are virgins. It is very comical and laughable. Can't believe myself the duet authors make this. Oopsie! :))
Stories in Review
Neringa Neringiukas
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ookaaay. This story.... There so many things, that normally would irk me. But where AlexaRiley and Jessa Kane is concerned, different rules apply. So, it was over the top, crazy and so so dirty.
Alba M.
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Rixen siempre ha sido diferente. Cuando sus hermanos encontraron buenas esposas y una vida feliz, él volvió con las manos vacías. Pero creyó que Dios lo estaba poniendo a prueba, que un día le mandaría un ángel que lo querría y desearía pasar el resto de su vida con él. Y lo encontró, solo que no era un ángel... Aunque al final terminó siendolo.
Morgan solo quería escapar de su madre y terminó siendo perseguida por un caimán que casi se come su pierna. Después un hombre tan grande como una montañ
Andrea
May 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
The term of endearment gave me the creeps!
BleuBelle
It was ok I guess. A little creepy. Not because of the "Daddy" term, but because of how it was executed in this story. Some things the Hero said, well, not my thing.
And I didn't care for the "voyeurism", the first one was childish and the second one was WTF. Nope.
Then there was the issue of him breeding her, all the time. They have so many children, that the short story didn't have enough space to give a little description of them all. They just keep pooping out of her, and of course, childbirth
Sabrina The Trash Queen
LMAO.
Macaela Conder
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excuse me while I go clean up the mess this book caused me! NSFW! HOT! I loved Rixen. Not the biggest fan of Morgan. And his brothers.... I wanted to beat the crap out of them. Sometimes you just need an over the top ridiculous book to enjoy. And I did.
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
May 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: may-2018
it was just so...dumb. Like a really good looking man thinks he's ugly and a monster and he kills alligators and cougars in a swamp and then he prays to god for someone who thinks he's not ugly. it's kidnapping and love and it's just...not even that hot tbh
Stepherz
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rixen was so cute! I can’t.
Jillian
This is a smutty quick read book. It is about 18 year old Morgan who finds herself stranded in swampland in Florida and much older Rixen who rescues Morgan from an alligator and subsequently kidnaps her because he believes she is his gift sent to him from god. And there begins our smut complete with instalove, D/lg, breeding, exhibitionism, etc.

I liked Rixen quite a bit. He was a good guy albeit a bit misguided with his approach. He told Morgan he wouldn't rape her or have sex with her until sh
C

-OTT alpha
-No OW Drama
-HEA with epilogue
Azet
The first time a read something that AR have writed with Jessa Kane. Some readers don`t like it.
But i LOVE it!

I love "Back River Quiver", with its insta-love, smut, humor, aligator wrestling, mate-story with both Hero and Heroine as virgins...that`s simply fantastic!

and the way he called her "my gift"..awwwww Rixen i love you! He was so vulnerable about his appearance thinking himself ugly (his brothers always bullied him) and i was so happy when Morgan ceased his unsureness about himself. Oh a
  • Don't Look
  • DILF
  • The Lesson Plan (Lords of Lancashire #1)
  • Lord of the Abyss / Desert Warrior
  • Stepbrother Anonymous
  • The Wedding
  • Scandalous: A Filthy Office Romance
  • Pr*ck Charming (Royally Screwed, #4)
  • Sinful Intent
  • Wolf (Hellbound Lovers MC, #1)
  • BABY DADDY
  • Operation Atonement
  • Pursued by the Viscount (Regency Unlaced, #4)
  • AMBER - His to Reclaim (Ruthlessly Obsessed Duet, Book 2): 50 Loving States, New York Pt. 2 (Ruthless Tycoons 4)
  • Daddy's Girl
  • WereSlave (Were Legends, #1)
  • An Affair in Winter (Seasons, #1)
  • Slow Burn (Colorado High Country #2)
Alexa Riley is two sassy friends who got together and wrote some dirty books. They are both married moms of two who love football, donuts, and obsessed book heroes.

They specialize in insta-love, over-the-top, sweet, and cheesy love stories that don’t take all year to read. If you want something SAFE, short, and always with a happily ever after, then Alexa Riley is for you!

Feel free to follow us ea