Start by marking “No. More. Plastic.: What you can do to make a difference – the #2minutesolution” as Want to Read:
No. More. Plastic.: What you can do to make a difference – the #2minutesolution

No. More. Plastic.: What you can do to make a difference – the #2minutesolution

Discover what you can do to save the planet from plastic.

Start now. All it takes is 2 minutes of your time.

'I read this book yesterday and I've done three things today and that is testament to Martin's brilliant vision and ideas. Now it's your turn!' Chris Packham

'Once, plastic was the miracle material. Now it's the monster. We all need to cut down our plastic consumption

Published May 3rd 2018 by Ebury Digital

To ask other readers questions about No. More. Plastic., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No. More. Plastic.

Paul Bryant
Nov 30, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
ANTI PLASTIC BOOK GETS WRAPPED IN PLASTIC

A book about how to reduce plastic waste has been shrink-wrapped in single-use plastic by a distributor.
Author Martin Dorey called the decision by a US distributor an "absolute shambles".
"It undoes all our hard work and proves once again that we are using plastic with our eyes closed," he said on Instagram.
"We toiled hard on this," said Mr Dorey, from Cornwall.
"We worked with the printer to make it one of the most environmentally friendly books this year.
Jane
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No. More. Plastic. What you can do to make a difference - is a short and informative read. The author Martin Dorey provides tips on how to eradicate the amount of plastic we use from our daily lives.

To put it bluntly - Plastic is ruining our environment.

In 2017, the Ellen MacArthur foundation estimated by 2050 there would be more plastic in the oceans than fish !!! This is simply astounding.

My husband buys bottled water, but he may think twice given - Bottled water in plastic bottles is made
Kristina
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing introduction into the horrible world of plastic!

A great place to start if you are a beginner and really want to learn the basics when it comes to reducing waste and carbon footprint!
Everyone (and I mean everyone) needs to read this. It’s short, sweet, straight to the point and might help us save the planet.
Jenny Preece
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who gives a damn about our world
I can't remember the last time I read a book from cover to cover in one sitting. I was surprised quite how new this is - it talks about changes by the UK government which happened as recently as March 2018. It's reassuring that I am already doing most of the things in this book but there are still some really great ideas I'll be following through and recommending to others around me. Off now to make some Morsbags to give away.
Lulufrances
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As soon as the mailman handed me the parcel (ironically wrapped in plastic bubblewrap...), I ran up my stairs, tore it open and flung down to read. And read. And a little later, I was through the entire thing.
I've just recently (earlier this year) become aware of the whole plastic problem in the greater sense that it made me want to change my own habits, and ever since, I've been keen to find out how I could best do that.
This book was easy to read and understand and motivated me anew, however it
Rob
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super quick read about an amazingly important issue. There's some great info in this book and a great movement behind it. #2minutesolution This should be required reading for everyone. Simple things can be done that have a massive impact. Do yourselves a favour and read this book.
Clarissa
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everyone should read this!!

It’s short and sweet with key statistics that force you to open your eyes to the issue at hand.

2 minutes is seriously nothing and if everyone did their bit of collecting plastic litter from the beaches, parks, streets and even found alternatives to plastic we could actually save our planet.
Kate Yates
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Buy this for at least one person this Christmas and read it first!
Tripfiction
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
It only takes 2 minutes to pick up littered plastic...

When a whale lies convulsing on a Thai shore (early June 2018) and dies because in its digestion system there are more than 80+ plastic bags, then one really does have to start to think about what we humans are doing to the planet. And most of us I am sure have seen Blue Planet 2…

As this concise little books says “We need to free ourselves from the tyranny of convenience”

This is a small, punchy book aimed at people who perhaps want to start t
Judy
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english, nonfiction
I enjoyed this for the ways in which it raises awareness, but at the same time I found very few tips actually applicable to my own life. This was either because it’s something I don’t do or use anyway, or because it was overly UK-specific (and I don’t live in the UK).

Some anecdotes about plastic bags that reading No. More. Plastic. made me think about:

A thing that drives me absolutely nuts when I go shopping: All the organic produce at my local supermarket is wrapped into plastic foil, arguably
Barbora
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found this book very easy to read, informative without being preachy and with lots of useful tips and advice on how we can make a big change on a global scale by making small changes in our own everyday choices and lifestyle.

I've been eco-conscious most of my life so there wasn't that much new for me in terms of facts or information but I still enjoyed reading it. I always found it terrifying how much rubbish and plastic we produce and how we are destrying nature and our planet and felt helpl
Sam
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I must say I was rather impressed by this book. Okay, I only found about a quarter of it actually useful but then that's because I already do a lot of what is suggested to try and reduce my plastic use (I am an ecologist after all) but I did find the style of writing not only easy to read but perfectly balanced between getting the importance of the points across without being preachy. I liked how Dorey breaks each chapter down to the facts, then the hows and then the mini action/check list, maki ...more
Johanna
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
“Every piece of plastic ever made is still around, and may well be for the next few thousand years, either in the ocean or as a toxic time bomb in landfill”

This is a short, informative and action led read on the impact our plastic consumption is having on the planet along with SIMPLE #2minutesolutions we can take to make a difference and change our own behaviours and ultimately help save the planet.

Because the sad fact is if we don’t stop using wet wipes, plastic straws, plastic bottles, balloo
janetandjohn
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this little book. As a recycler myself, I thought I was doing well, but as teachers used to write on my school report, "she could do better"!!
It's full of tips on how to avoid using/consuming plastic and because we can't save the planet on our own, it's nice to find a new tip that you had never even thought of! (how about taking an empty lunch box to the sandwich bar and getting them to pop your sandwich straight in, unwrapped! Duh!!)
Fae ✨(Faye)
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

In 2017, the Ellen MacArthur Foundation estimated that by 2015 there would be more plastic in the oceans than fish

An eye opening must read for everyone.

There are so many simple things we can all do to make a change to the consumption of plastic being used in the world, ending up in the sea. This short, informative book can help you make the simplest change to our planet and the environment.
Gail Wylde
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great little book that gives you lots of ideas to help save the planet. I read this book after being shown the way by my 10 year old granddaughter #take4fromtheshore. If we all read this book and change just a couple of things in our lives we can make a difference. Read it do it!
Gavin
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic little book. Eye-opening as to everything thing that contain single-use plastics, and reasonable alternatives and solutions to more sustainable and ethical materials.

I will definitely be re-reading to see how im doing in cutting down on my disposable habits.
Joana Eyre
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
"Everything you do has an effect. Every piece of single-use plastic you refuse is a piece that won’t end up in the ocean. Every letter you write gets noticed. Every protest you make gets heard somewhere.
All those actions add up. That’s why I know we can change the world, 2 minutes at a time."
Flying Bulgarian
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
It's a great place to start if you're considering lowering the amount of plastic in your life - however, it's very UK centric (obviously), so it meant that some of the advice wasn't applicable for me. Will still be reducing and completely removing some plastic items from my life :)
Robin Peake
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ethical-shopping
Immensely and immediately practical. A short read listing simple changes you can make, and leaving you with no excuse if you don't
Liz Bate
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A brief morning reading. 3 things I will do in addition to what we already do: buy a Guppybag for the washing machine, loose leaf tea and write to my MP.
R.L.
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book provides some interesting information and a couple of good tips on how to avoid using plastic or how to dispose it etc, but I found some parts a bit repetitive while I think some (most?) of the advice is either too well-known by now, either/or not really practical for most people. I'm not talking about conveniance but about practicality. Realistically how many offices can use fountain pens and ink bottles and how long can busy people spend for saving with a safery razor? Still, if one ...more
Jess Bell
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read it. A Quick read with so many simple suggestions and tips. The refill app is a great find thanks to this! Easy things to implement to make a difference, excited to see how many I can try to do!
Zoë Ann
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Plastic is such a current issue and one that will never disappear. It's an issue that everyone needs to be involved in dealing with too because it impacts all of us. However if we all do our bit it doesn't need to be such a big deal. Like the solutions suggested inside, this book is short, to the point and accessible to everyone.

I'm a big believer in changing what we do to become more environmentally friendly and sustainable; this book is really down to earth and easy to read, it doesn't get too
Magdalena Golden
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was sceptical about this book at the beginning, given how it starts with statements like
The reason it’s about you is because you are the one person in the world that you inhabit who can make a difference. You really are.

I tend to agree more with the view exemplified in e.g. this article from The Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/environme...).

And so when I read things like
It’s only once you add up all the 2 minutes together that you get to an hour, a day, a week. Before long, you’ve achi
Lauren Hyde
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enviromental
Okay so you’ve heard about the plastic in oceans, the straw stuck up a turtles nose, along with various other things. You’ve brushed it of. Well, I did do. That was until this past summer.

After spending a month in Costa Rica, on a charity expedition, I could no longer ignore this issue. There is no way to understand and begin to comprehend the issue we have on our hands. For part of our trip we stayed at a turtle reserve and the issue began to hit home. Seeing people dedicate their lives to hel
Molly
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Though much of this is totally UK centric (this American had to look up words like "sarnies" and "ear buds"), the ideas and tips are sound and easy to implement. It is easy to get overwhelmed in the face of a problem as massive as plastic pollution, and for many folks (myself included), getting overwhelmed means shutting down and giving up. Unlike Garbology, this book leaves me feeling hopeful and empowered, not devastated and helpless.

Martin Dorey has so many simple ideas and the resources to
Lawrence Patterson
Any book that challenges you is worth the read. Whilst I recycle a lot I seldom question what I buy or how it is packaged. This book makes you aware time and again that plastic is a menace and it needs to be challenged. The shops and corporations that feed you the lie that convenience is everything are as much a danger to our planet and it's eco system. I was appalled at the plastic round veg and fruit before I read this book but I now have ideas and ways of tackling these silly packages thanks ...more
Mario
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Something you can read in one sitting or on an extended lunch break, lots of quite easy things that we can do as individuals to reduce our plastic usage. Some things I'd already known about and some things weren't applicable to my every day life, but if every person was to do just one of the things suggested in the book the planet would be better off.

(And in case anyone reads this review but doesn't read the book, hopefully you can do a bit of research in finding some alternatives yourselves fo
“What you can do now Spend a couple of minutes going through your supermarket shop. Look at the packaging. If it says ‘cannot currently be recycled’, don’t buy it again.” 1 likes
“We always tell anyone who ever does their #2minutebeachclean that it matters because every piece of plastic that gets removed from the ocean environment, or any environment, is a piece that won’t go on to kill. It won’t end up in a whale’s stomach or strangling a seabird. And it won’t end up becoming thousands of toxic pieces of microplastic.” 1 likes