Start by marking “No. More. Plastic.: What you can do to make a difference – the #2minutesolution” as Want to Read:
No. More. Plastic.: What you can do to make a difference – the #2minutesolution

No. More. Plastic.: What you can do to make a difference – the #2minutesolution

Discover what you can do to save the planet from plastic.

Start now. All it takes is 2 minutes of your time.

'I read this book yesterday and I've done three things today and that is testament to Martin's brilliant vision and ideas. Now it's your turn!' Chris Packham

'Once, plastic was the miracle material. Now it's the monster. We all need to cut down our plastic consumption

Published May 3rd 2018 by Ebury Digital

To ask other readers questions about No. More. Plastic., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No. More. Plastic.

Start your review of No. More. Plastic.: What you can do to make a difference – the #2minutesolution
Paul Bryant
Nov 30, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
ANTI PLASTIC BOOK GETS WRAPPED IN PLASTIC

A book about how to reduce plastic waste has been shrink-wrapped in single-use plastic by a distributor.
Author Martin Dorey called the decision by a US distributor an "absolute shambles".
"It undoes all our hard work and proves once again that we are using plastic with our eyes closed," he said on Instagram.
"We toiled hard on this," said Mr Dorey, from Cornwall.
"We worked with the printer to make it one of the most environmentally friendly books this year.
Sean Barrs
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
This is a great little book, full of practical and simple tips on how you can reduce your plastic consumption.

And none of it is difficult or overly demanding. I've incorporated much of this into my life over the last few weeks and I urge you to do the same because more people really need to. Without wanting to go on a full environmentalist rant, cutting plastic consumption is SO important for the future of our planet because every piece of plastic we purchase will still be here in 1000 years.

Le
Jane
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No. More. Plastic. What you can do to make a difference - is a short and informative read. The author Martin Dorey provides tips on how to eradicate the amount of plastic we use from our daily lives.

To put it bluntly - Plastic is ruining our environment.

In 2017, the Ellen MacArthur foundation estimated by 2050 there would be more plastic in the oceans than fish !!! This is simply astounding.

My husband buys bottled water, but he may think twice given - Bottled water in plastic bottles is made
Bea
Very small but packed with useful tips and actions you can do to be more environmentally friendly day to day. Learned that wipes are not meant be flushed - I KNOW, IT REALLY TOOK ME THIS LONG TO REALISE.
Alice (MTB/Alice Tied The Bookish Knot)
I'm from a busy city where sustainable and environmental plans have been made within the last 12 months however have received a ton of backlash from the local community. It's a popular location for tourists and before COVID, the amount of litter and flytipping was extreme and not just in the city centre. It only takes a couple of minutes to clean up the pavement outside your house or go on a beach clean trip with others to keep the coastline clean and healthy. This is an easy and practical read ...more
Everyone (and I mean everyone) needs to read this. It’s short, sweet, straight to the point and might help us save the planet.
Kristina
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing introduction into the horrible world of plastic!

A great place to start if you are a beginner and really want to learn the basics when it comes to reducing waste and carbon footprint!
julia
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
1.75 Stars

Well, truth be told, I expected more of this book. Then again, what did I expect? The thing is, I don't really need a book to tell me that we’re using too much plastic in everyday life for convenience’s sake. I already know that there’s no need to use plastic bottles, plastic straws, plastic cutlery and plates or plastic wrapping around food! I don't use plastic bags, I don’t use plastic toothbrushes or wet wipes or get a coffee to go in a disposable cup. Because everyone who’s ever sp
Jenny Preece
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who gives a damn about our world
I can't remember the last time I read a book from cover to cover in one sitting. I was surprised quite how new this is - it talks about changes by the UK government which happened as recently as March 2018. It's reassuring that I am already doing most of the things in this book but there are still some really great ideas I'll be following through and recommending to others around me. Off now to make some Morsbags to give away.
Bregje (B a Reader)
Good read if you're at the beginning of your plastic-free/zero waste journey. If you've already read up quite a bit than this would probably be redundant. It's a quick read and it suggests some very easy swaps that we all can make, so if you're interested in making your life a little bit more sustainable this is a good place to start!
Lauren
A good beginner’s guide for those who think reducing their (plastic) waste is too big of a project to take on. Take it one step at a time, a #2minutesolution at a time. Very UK-centric but still helpful.
Huyen Pham
Dec 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
Maybe I read a lot about zero waste on social media so this book doesn't make a strong impression on me, everything is on the internet, there's nothing new. But I can't deny that the author has a good purpose, and this book will be helpful to those who have just started learning about this lifestyle.
Gaby
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and I hope everybody here will read it! It was a great snapshot on how each of us can simply implement better habits that create a more sustainable lifestyle and world. I've immediately been able to reduce my plastic use and am inspired to work towards a plastic-free lifestyle.
Lulufrances
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As soon as the mailman handed me the parcel (ironically wrapped in plastic bubblewrap...), I ran up my stairs, tore it open and flung down to read. And read. And a little later, I was through the entire thing.
I've just recently (earlier this year) become aware of the whole plastic problem in the greater sense that it made me want to change my own habits, and ever since, I've been keen to find out how I could best do that.
This book was easy to read and understand and motivated me anew, however it
Rob
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fact
Super quick read about an amazingly important issue. There's some great info in this book and a great movement behind it. #2minutesolution This should be required reading for everyone. Simple things can be done that have a massive impact. Do yourselves a favour and read this book.
Jess
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
No More Plastic.

A tinky, tiny book with a huge message!

Although the book is written in a really simple accessible way it is not always a comfortable read and makes you question some of your life decisions regarding recycling and plastic use and the effects it is having on the environment.

Having said that, this is a great little book! It's a good introduction to the rising problem of plastic consumption and gives you some quick ways to reduce the plastic that you using.

Things I would like to tac
Clarissa
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everyone should read this!!

It’s short and sweet with key statistics that force you to open your eyes to the issue at hand.

2 minutes is seriously nothing and if everyone did their bit of collecting plastic litter from the beaches, parks, streets and even found alternatives to plastic we could actually save our planet.
Ștefania Ioana Chiorean
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The book is written by the man behind the #2minutesbeachcleanup starting with his first clean up on the beach. He presents different situations where plastic is not needed and also 2 mins solutions for each of it and that taken will decrease the usage.
As a simple one, we need to reduce first and refuse what we do not need. Unnecessary plastic is the main issue - veggies wrapped, toothpaste boxes etc..
The book contains stats about plastic, explains the recycling signs and has a check list of acti
Georgie
Aug 12, 2020 rated it liked it
If the objective was to make the reader more aware of items that can or need to be recycled and how to make a eco-friendly switch for the benefit of nature, then this book has indeed made me think. It has its ups and downs, but the "Your Daily Coffee" section about coffee shops is very true, as a Barista the amount of people that are still surprised about reusable cups being acceptable before the pandemic was amusing. I look for to the day I don't have to make as many drinks in the paper cups, a ...more
Kate Yates
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Buy this for at least one person this Christmas and read it first!
Tripfiction
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
It only takes 2 minutes to pick up littered plastic...

When a whale lies convulsing on a Thai shore (early June 2018) and dies because in its digestion system there are more than 80+ plastic bags, then one really does have to start to think about what we humans are doing to the planet. And most of us I am sure have seen Blue Planet 2…

As this concise little books says “We need to free ourselves from the tyranny of convenience”

This is a small, punchy book aimed at people who perhaps want to start t
Barbora
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found this book very easy to read, informative without being preachy and with lots of useful tips and advice on how we can make a big change on a global scale by making small changes in our own everyday choices and lifestyle.

I've been eco-conscious most of my life so there wasn't that much new for me in terms of facts or information but I still enjoyed reading it. I always found it terrifying how much rubbish and plastic we produce and how we are destrying nature and our planet and felt helpl
Sam
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I must say I was rather impressed by this book. Okay, I only found about a quarter of it actually useful but then that's because I already do a lot of what is suggested to try and reduce my plastic use (I am an ecologist after all) but I did find the style of writing not only easy to read but perfectly balanced between getting the importance of the points across without being preachy. I liked how Dorey breaks each chapter down to the facts, then the hows and then the mini action/check list, maki ...more
Faye✨
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

In 2017, the Ellen MacArthur Foundation estimated that by 2015 there would be more plastic in the oceans than fish

An eye opening must read for everyone.

There are so many simple things we can all do to make a change to the consumption of plastic being used in the world, ending up in the sea. This short, informative book can help you make the simplest change to our planet and the environment.
Mel
"In Mumbai, around 200,000 home-cooked lunches are delivered to office workers everyday by dabbawalars, the tiffin-carrying food delivery men. The system delivers food from home to the office - up to 50 miles away - in time for lunch and then returns the empty tiffins back home before the end of the working day. No waste. And it's 99.9 per cent successful, with very few lunches going missing."

This is a little book about ways plastic have been integrated into our system and how we can choose to r
Judy
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, english
I enjoyed this for the ways in which it raises awareness, but at the same time I found very few tips actually applicable to my own life. This was either because it’s something I don’t do or use anyway, or because it was overly UK-specific (and I don’t live in the UK).

Some anecdotes about plastic bags that reading No. More. Plastic. made me think about:

A thing that drives me absolutely nuts when I go shopping: All the organic produce at my local supermarket is wrapped into plastic foil, arguably
Danielle
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
No. More. Plastic. is a really informative little book detailing the facts - that plastic is destroying our planet. Dorey gives realistic tips and #2minutesolutions that we can implement to reduce (and eradicate) single-use plastic from our everyday lives.

There’s no denying the magic of plastic, its many uses and flexibility in catering, pharmaceuticals, appliances...everything is plastic! But we seriously need to re-evaluate what we NEED.
And we can’t always just rely on recycling, because a lot
Johanna
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
“Every piece of plastic ever made is still around, and may well be for the next few thousand years, either in the ocean or as a toxic time bomb in landfill”

This is a short, informative and action led read on the impact our plastic consumption is having on the planet along with SIMPLE #2minutesolutions we can take to make a difference and change our own behaviours and ultimately help save the planet.

Because the sad fact is if we don’t stop using wet wipes, plastic straws, plastic bottles, balloo
Mai Anh
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Humankind has devastated the environment and left traces by the deadliest thing on Earth - plastic. Moreover, the author provides statements, facts how plastic had played a "convenient" role and at the end destroying the planet with ease. This little book also containing useful, practical tips of living zero-wastely by using multi uses containers, eco-friendly materials, speak up your concerns about environment to the public, and so on. The #2minutesolution has a potential effectiveness to see h ...more
Gail Wylde
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great little book that gives you lots of ideas to help save the planet. I read this book after being shown the way by my 10 year old granddaughter #take4fromtheshore. If we all read this book and change just a couple of things in our lives we can make a difference. Read it do it!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• SOS: What you can do to reduce climate change – simple actions that make a difference
  • Live Green: 52 Steps for a More Sustainable Life
  • Turning the Tide on Plastic: How Humanity (And You) Can Make Our Globe Clean Again
  • The Sustainable(ish) Living Guide: Everything you need to know to make small changes that make a big difference
  • How to Give Up Plastic: A Guide to Changing the World, One Plastic Bottle at a Time
  • No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference
  • Vụ Án Mạng Ở Lữ Quán Kairotei
  • Móng Vuốt Quạ Đen (II) - Phi Vụ Bất Khả
  • Móng Vuốt Quạ Đen (I): Sáu Kẻ Bất Hảo
  • This Is Not A Drill: An Extinction Rebellion Handbook
  • How to Live Plastic Free: A Day in the Life of a Plastic Detox
  • Chuyến tàu một chiều không trở lại
  • Tìm mình trong thế giới hậu tuổi thơ
  • How to Save the World For Free
  • Dirty Vegan
  • Móng Vuốt Quạ Đen (IV) - Giang Hồ Hiểm Ác
  • Thiên Tài Bên Trái, Kẻ Điên Bên Phải
  • Muôn Kiếp Nhân Sinh: Many Lives Many Times
Martin Dorey is a surfer, writer, beach lover, and anti-plastic activist. He is the author of the best-selling No. More. Plastic. and founder of the Beach Clean Network and the #2minutebeachclean movement. Martin Dorey lives near the sea in Cornwall, England.