Start by marking “Clash of Flames (Ian Dex #7)” as Want to Read:
Clash of Flames (Ian Dex #7)

Clash of Flames

(Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #7)

Somebody has daddy issues...

Four amalgamites are searching for their brother and they're willing to kill the cops in the Las Vegas PPD to get to him.

There's only supposed to be one amalgamite in existence, at least that's what Ian Dex thought. All his life, he'd believed that there were no others like him. He was alone in the world. Now, though? Instant family. And just
Kindle Edition
Published May 4th 2018 by Crimson Myth Press

To ask other readers questions about Clash of Flames, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clash of Flames

Start your review of Clash of Flames (Ian Dex #7)
Barbara
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Clash of Flames" is the heaviest of the books in this series. Dex has to put himself "out there" to save his team and the PPD. Even Rachael must be tricked into stepping back as Ian undergoes fitness training and being rewired to take on the people that should mean the most to him. There is always the light hearted humor and definitely the violence is kickass as usual, but the sadness leaks through the pages and the reader is left with the knowledge that Ian has grown a great deal in the seven ...more
Bonnie Dale Keck
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
kindle unlimited, yes read all of them, in this and ever other series, may be insanity issue{s} but read them and you'll see it fits in with psychosis {theirs, cowriters, and mine}

More amalgamites. Reintegration woes. A family quarrel. When a set of four amalgamites try to take out the Las Vegas Paranormal Police team, Chief Ian Dex has to find a way to save them all. But he quickly learns that the only way to protect his crew is to trick them into staying away…

To stop the megalomaniac behind ev
Tehrene
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ian is amazing! I continue to enjoy watching Ian's character develop, but you really don't know much about the other characters. Well Clash of Flames gives you a new glimpse into not only who these teammates are but what their powers are comprised of. In my past reviews, I made it known that I am not a huge Rachel fan and CofF doesn't enrich her to me either. I think it might have something to do with the ubersexed up MC and how the females around him react to his animal magnetism, but the other ...more
Sara Branson
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who hasn't had trouble with their family?

Author John Logsdon takes us on another wild ride along with our favorite playboy amalgamite PPD Chief, Ian Dex, when he and his entire team are simultaneously attacked by things that are not even supposed to exist, and they must use a much avoided escape route to survive. Once they catch their breath and get their batteries recharged, literally, they must decide how to deal with this new threat. Feeling responsible for all the trouble, Ian decides to han
Natalie Fallon
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This fantastically funny urban fantasy series about Ian Dex and his team in the Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department started with The Merging, was even better in Grave Creatures, yet better again in Blood Bane Tower, went across the Pond for an adventure in London Growl, went up against purple dinosaurs in Swarm of Fire, became even more awesome in Curse of Fangs and now you find out that … well you wouldn't believe me if I told you so it’ll be better to read it for yourself?! The whole team a ...more
Larry Tushman
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What do you use to battle the only amalgamite in existence? More amalgamites!! Wait...what? Answers the litany of questions pervading the series: What caused Ian's childhood? What actually happens in reintegration? Does Ian have any hidden family? Who is the puppet master sending these Ubers? And what is the master plan? What's the deal with these powers? Don't worry, the action and snark is still there in abundance. So is the crew with surprise contributions. Excellently wraps up this story arc ...more
Kathleen
I loved this instalment of Ian Dex
and the Las Vegas PPD because, as well as being a clever, funny adventure in it’s own right, it also addresses the question of Ian’s origins and throws light on why previous adversaries attacked him and his Team. And that’s not all! We are introduced to an intriguing enemy who promises a whole world of problems in Ian’s future. This book is a Must Read!
Jan
Shelves: finished
Book 7, and boy does it go for it. The last in this arc, all your questions from the previous books answered and yet more to discover.
Super fast paced story, with loads of humour as usual. I am really looking forward to the next series.
The whole series is spot on, loads of laugh out loud moments.
Michael Stivers
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is something magical about the seventh book in a seven book (and more coming, I hope) series. The Ian Dex world is full of foul mouthed pixies, ugly fae, and more horny were-creatures than you can shake a .... stick at. The series itself is delightfully naughty. The seventh book is the best so far. One of the best series I’ve read so far.
Carolyn Fielding
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think this is the best yet! Ian receives training from the various specialists in his team so that he can try to handle his new powers - but can he handle his new relatives? We finally find out what the Directors have been up to, but as soon as some questions are answered , Ian faces a new and deadly threat.
Maryann Sims
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the seventh book in the series and it keeps getting better and better. This time around Ian gets some training from his crew which helps him to get better and to see he has a darker side as well.

Throw in the fact we find out he has family and a shocker who his father is and it a grand time is had by all.

Plus Ian even has time to play a little cupid.

Can't wait for the next one.
Brandy Dalton
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laughing and Loving

Ian Dex and his team are so much fun to read and watch grow as characters! They aren't your typical Urban Fantasy group, in a good way. I laughed out loud so much by chapter 5 that my face hurt. Excessive humor isn't typical of Urban fantasy but this author might just make it into another troupe!
Carmen
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yet another phenomenal entry in the series. I can't help laughing out loud while reading. I end up reading the book in about a day since I can't put it down, it's that good and funny. I can't wait to see what Ian Dex and his team does next. ...more
Bennah
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The culmination of all previous Ian Dex books happens here when he meets his "brothers" and faces the big bad causing so much trouble for Las Vegas and the P.P.D.

This was a wild ride, full of humor and buttocks prodding. If you have been keeping up with this series, I think you will enjoy this.
Scott
Surprises Abound

Wow it finally comes together and is it got twists galore. Ian is faced with a lot of hard choices but the more you try the more you suceed . This book finishes up one of the main story arcs for Ian but leaves us with an exciting future.
Rena
Great read

Ian Dex is at it again, but this time someone he wasn't expecting comes into the picture to mess with him and his team. This answered so many questions I had and left me wanting more! Can't wait for the next installment, and if you haven't read this book you need to!!
Jcad6169
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is so fun! There are thoughtful moments that give the characters depth and reality, which adds to the enjoyment of reading this series. Highly recommend this book, this series, this author.
Liz  Christensen
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another Ian Dex winner!

This series gets funnier and more irreverent with each new installment. The Admiral is really taking on a life of his own...maybe he should be given credit as being a new species of supernatural? Great book, great series!
Curtis
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Getting Real

While entertaining and still often funny, this book also turns serious as we learn more about Dex and his origins. A climactic book preparing us for some very personal conflict and action. Required reading for Ian Dex fans.
Karsyn
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great to know that this shouldn't be the end. Wish there was more now, because I love Ian and gang, but looking forward to more whenever it may be.

Fun, quirky, raunchy, enjoyable series. My Hubby and I would love to spend time with Valerie and her girls, yes, we would. :D
Laura Witte
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun

Lighthearted, easy read with dirty humor (think teenaged boy innuendos), interesting characters, and mischief and magic. I look forward to checking out the other PPD cities as well.
Noah Sturdevant
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The end...of the beginning?

Questions are answered, bad guys get beat up, and new questions arise. Seems like a pretty normal day for Ian and the PPD.
Audrey Cienki
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun book! Definitely irreverent! I can’t wait for the next book.
Rosalind Bath
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clash of flames

Another great story about Ian and his crew. This one focusing more on Ian and his heritage. Finding out and the twists and turns he takes in doing so. Great book!
Shelly
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So freaking good...surprises all the way to the end!!!!
PJ Lea
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming...

The relationship Ian has with his team has its ups and downs but they're an awesome kicka** unit. This was a battle of wits as well as power and huge fun to read.
Diane Stevenson
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

Another great installment in this series. Fast paced and has characters that are interesting. I’d highly recommend this series to readers
David W
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Families don't you just love them

More high jinks for the Ian and the team. Ian finds out more about family than he may wish. Set up by sky for next installment.
Sue
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Format: audiobook
There’s some revelations in this book that leaves Ian Dex with some tough choices! Along with the drama, the humour and sarcasm continues.
The Kevin and the catapult bit had me spitting coffee, it tickled my funny bone, and watch out for how Ian tries to unlock a rune 😂 I need more of this author’s wit and delivery. I’ll certainly be looking for my next read by him.
Dantegideon
May 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not so much fun

Maybe it’s a coincidence, but it feels like the quality of these has gone down since they introduced his talking willy. The balance seems to have swung towards slapstick and gross-out. Didn’t enjoy this one.

• Requiem (Montague & Strong Case Files #13)
  • Divine Intervention (Montague & Strong Case Files #14)
  • Walking The Razor (Montague & Strong Case Files #12)
  • Storm Blood (Montague & Strong Case Files, #15)
  • Kinky Bones (Wildcat Wizard #7)
  • Midnight Blood (Harbinger P.I. #6)
  • Druid Enforcer (Colin McCool, #6)
  • Infernal Justice (Ethan Drake #1)
  • The Golem (Montague & Strong Case Files #10)
  • When Angels Cry (The Unbelievable Mr. Brownstone #6)
  • Relic: Grail (Kane Arkwright #4)
  • Relic: Hammer (Kane Arkwright #2)
  • Shadow Magic (Darkling Mage, #1)
  • Relic: Shield (Kane Arkwright #3)
  • Steel and Stone (Alastair Stone Chronicles #14)
  • Dark Harvest (Darkling Mage #2)
  • Sand Storm (Wildcat Wizard Book 11)
  • Game of Stone (Alastair Stone Chronicles #13)
John P. Logsdon is a former game designer, producer, and software engineer who shamelessly digs into the deep recesses of his mind to bring forth oddball characters and hilarious plots. He writes primarily in fantasy, urban fantasy, and science fiction, but he's also dabbled in cozy mystery from time to time. To see John's vast library of laughs, visit www.johnplogsdon.com. ...more

Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department (10 books)
  • The Merging (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #1)
  • Grave Creatures (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #2)
  • Blood Bane Tower (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #3)
  • London Growl (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #4)
  • Swarm of Fire (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #5)
  • Curse of Fangs (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #6)
  • Searing Instinct (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #8)
  • Searing Visions (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #9)
  • Searing Destiny (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #10)

News & Interviews