Start by marking “Asher's Sonnet (Smith Pact Duo Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Asher's Sonnet (Smith Pact Duo Book 2)

Asher's Sonnet

(Smith Pact Duo #2)

Armed with her sexiest f*ck-him dress and a hall pass…

Asher Smith is a complicated man. He’s hardworking, loving, but distant. And the only way Jasmine Smith can have him fully is to make him think he’s lost her for good.

Fed up she asks for a hall pass and he said yes.

Barely holding back her tears, he witnesses the crime scene: her string bikinis, lingerie,

Kindle Edition
Published May 17th 2018 by Purpose Prevails Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Asher's Sonnet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asher's Sonnet

Start your review of Asher's Sonnet (Smith Pact Duo Book 2)
Shasta Hope
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
ormat: Kindle Edition
I Voluntarily Reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book!

This was a short and sweet comes to terms romance. 2 individuals at a crossroads. One that needs independence and one that has it and forgets he is apart of a union. Jasmine has found the man of her dreams and is happily married? Right? Wrong. Or so she thinks. So when she is at an impasse, she runs. She has to make a decision. To stay or to go. Asher may be everything she never expected, but is he really the hysban
Zsa
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A story that really begins at HEA. Love isn't all you require in a relationship. At least that is what Jasmine is starting to think. What makes a relationship work? That is the question Asher and Jasmine have to realise together. It was love at first sight when they met, marriage quickly followed. Jasmine leaves to Cancun to contemplate her choices. Asher knows that he and Jasmine are meant to be. Though a short story it illustrates the importance of listening, teamwork and flexibility. I would ...more
Cathy Black
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it

The characters were good, as was the story line. The flow of the book was pretty good Asher and Jasmine met in Vegas at a time where both were building their careers. Jasmine had a job with her magazine company SOS where she was in charge of the digital and the other editor was in charge of the print. They decided they had to merge and they give it to the man, not because he was better but because of the good old boys club, at least that's what Jasmine thought. Her company was in New York so her
Raecharmed
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jasmine and Asher meet in Vegas and have a whirlwind romance and get married. However Jasmine puts her career on hold and moves to be with Asher while he continues to run his family's business. They start not communicating to each other which starts mounting up causing all sorts of issues between them. When Jasmine goes and talks to Mamma she tells her to go slow in her talks with Asher but her emotions get the better of her and they end up in a fight with her leaving on the trip she planned for ...more
Melissa
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Asher is winning in the business game but he's failing his marriage. Jasmine feels left out of his life and does not know what to do anymore. After an explosive argument leaves Jasmine with a hall pass and Archer scrambling we they find a way to move back together or will they move on alone? Now in paradise Jasmine and Asher try to finally repair their relationship. Communication is necessary and it is something both Asher and Jasmine struggle with, but when everything finally comes out they bec ...more
Annette
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review for Asher's Sonnet

This is short but really good. This newly married couple struggle to combine their lives. What I love about Asher is that he never doubts his decision to marry Jasmine, he is cool, calm and smooth. I think Jasmine is hot-headed and overwhelmed by the changes & her expectations. Their chemistry is never in question but they have to learn each others quirks and iron out a few wrinkles. That Asher is captivating, love those sonnets, he is also very determined to please his
Adalle
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh Yeah, Get Girl Read

For all those who are married or in a long committed relationship. This book is definitely for you. Even for those who are just starting out or thinking about having a relationship.

Asher and Jasmine (Jazz) “hall pass” is DEFINITELY a hot and grownup sexy.

I have to admit I’ve read this book previously and even now as I read it again, I’m really enjoying it. Yeah, I know it was back when I didn’t know about leaving.a review. But I’ve grown and really committed to reading ALL
Pat
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Asher and Jasmine are about to celebrate their first anniversary. Although their love is undeniable - something is missing. After a heated argument Jasmine decides she needs some space. And Asher says she can have it. Can they put the pieces back together before it all falls apart? “Asher’s Sonnet” is a realistic portrayal of the “after the honeymoon” phase of a relationship. Love, honesty and communication go a long way. And a husband who can woo with his words as well as his body doesn’t hurt! ...more
Kathleen
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story. Asher and Jazz had a worldwind romance and married quickly. His family is accepting, hers not to much.
As Asher tries to build his company he can't quite understand what is going on with Jazz. Jazz is trying to decide if her decision to marry Asher was done hastily.
What is wonderful that Asher is so secure in his knowledge that this marriage is right. That sense of certainty allows him to give Jazz the space she needs to see it too.
What a great couple.
I was given this book
Cheryl Svec
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It takes communication and actually listening to the other person to make anything work, without it you become frustrated, angry and just ready to give up.

Asher and Jasmine were married soon after they met, now as they get back to reality things are not as smooth sailing. Although they were talking to each other neither of them were listening.

This is a beautiful story that reminds us to stop putting up our walls and take the time to understand what other are saying.

I received a free copy of this
Mary
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this second story in the "Smith Pact Duo" series. It's a fairly quick read that is very captivating and eye opening. It really pulls on those heartstrings too. I love the characters. Asher and Jasmine are so perfect for each other. I have been married for sometime and I think this story speaks to me in some ways. Getting married is the easy part staying married is the much harder part and communication is a must. There are times I felt like Jasmine. Overall a good story that I highly r ...more
Julie
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Expectations and Communication

This is a short story featuring that rarity in romance - the married couple finding their equilibrium. And of course it features Ms. Dixon’s elegant writing. The theme is expectations, which can kill or save a marriage, depending on communication. While Asher comes across as the near-perfect man, I wasn’t sure that a fair amount of the fault lay with Jasmine. But that’s where expectations come in!
Teri
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very well written short story about life of two who rushed into marriage. He is firm and strong in his belief in it, she however is having doubts. What happens when communication is lacking but the passion and chemistry is strong. This book is a great argument to long engagements! Just kidding. It's actually well done and shows what can happen when you use your words. Loved that she questions the lady on the plane. ...more
Jeanne Richardson
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read a lot of books written by Ja’Nese Dixon; she has done an excellent job at writing a good books; she is one of my favorite authors. I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
I liked this book a little better than the first. We have Jasmine and Asher, Yuki's friend and brother from the first book) trying to figure out their marriage. Sometimes you don't know what you have until you lose it and Jasmine is hoping that's what happens here. The book is short but shows the struggles of marriage and the importance of communication.

Debra Richardson
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! A wonderful read with an amazing, engaging, well written, emotional, fast pace, funny, witty, and consistent story line. The characters are likeable, strong, and perfect together; you will root for them as they work on the ups and downs that resulted from the lack of communication in their marriage. An interesting and enjoyable read! Definitely recommended!

Deb Le
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a good and heartwarming read. I loved Asher and Jazz. The whole idea is so endearing. So many books are all about the falling in love part of a Relationship and forget about the hard bit - what comes next, how do you manage to stay together when love doesn't seem to be enough. Beautifully written as ever by Ms Dixon. This book is a fantastic read. ...more
Mary-Anne
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I didn't expect to enjoy the book as I did with how short it appeared to be. The writer adequately put drama, romance and steam enough to make the book nice but not raunchy. I loved the growth of the characters and the story.

Mylene Williams
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jazz and Asher married in haste. Their love is tested when memories of the past relationships with their perspective parents tests their emotions. Can Jazz and Asher find their way through this phase or will their fairly new marriage fail as predicted by others?

Tristan Burbridge
Apr 03, 2020 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable book. The characters were good, as was the story line. The flow of the book was pretty good. This is the second book I've read by this author and it was just as good as the first one, if not maybe just a little bit better.

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline and character development made this book a hot and enjoyable read!
Extremely entertaining, captivating and interesting sexy read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong, intriguing characters. I want to read more from this author.

Brenda Moser
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a story of a newly married couple struggling with living together after an insta love romance. It's a short story showing love conquers all when there's teamwork. It's well written,moves quickly and smoothly and I enjoyed reading.

SEng
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is Jasmine and Asher’s story. She is fed up with Asher and is set for a one week trip to Cancun with his sister Yuki to shake him up. I enjoyed this story as we watch Asher and Jasmine figure out what’s important and how to get their relationship back on track. I received an arc of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review
Ashleigh
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lots of drama going on in this one.

I didn't necessarily like certain aspects of how the relationship played out but that lends to a this-is-real-life-and-not-everything-is-all-unicorns-and-rainbows aspect that gives this book depth.

Would I read it again: yes
Recommend to others: definitely

I received a copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Kristen Hankey
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
After getting married after a quick romance, Jasmine is having doubts about her marriage to Asher . She is constantly home alone most nights . After a heated argument, Jasmine decides that in order to save her marriage she needs to be by herself for a while. This is book 2 of the series.

Turningcover
Apr 09, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a slow and steady read. Jasmine and Asher were still newlyweds and she felt unhappy. They lacked communication and listening skills.

Jay
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's easy to get married. It's even harder to stay married. Asher's Sonnet is a beautiful study of a marriage in crisis and the lengths one may go to save it. Heart-warming and refreshing.

Petra Moss
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another nice second chance story by Ja’Nese Dixon. This time it involves Yuki’s brother and her best friend. Can they rekindle their romance?

Carolyn
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Slow start, a good finish
reneeNaDaBomb
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: aa-romance
Asher's Sonnet (Smith Pact Duo Book 2)

This was a good 50 page novella. And the rest were excerpts of the author's other works.

Three star rating.

• STIFF (Heavy On The D Book 1)
  • Yours For The Taking (Falling For A Rose Book 12)
  • Righteous (The Men of Mafia St. Clair, #2)
  • Maybe This Time (Vegas Nights, #2)
  • Maybe One More Time: Vegas Nights
  • FLAGRANT
  • The Marriage He Demands (Westmoreland Legacy: The Outlaws Book 2)
  • Before We Say I Do (In The Heart of A Valentine Book 9)
  • Waking Up Married (The Bourbon Brothers, #5)
  • Do Me (Irresistible Husband)
  • Maybe Next Time (Vegas Nights, #1)
  • Show Me (Irresistible Husband)
  • Tennessee's Whiskey (The Whiskey Collection Book, #1)
  • Rashid: Her Ruthless Boss: 50 Loving States, Hawaii
  • Mak's: The Mountain Man's Crush (The Wallflower's, #6)
  • Big Ben (See No Evil Trilogy, #1)
  • A Tru Kind Of Love (Sultry Ink #6)
  • Beast Of My Dreams (Sultry Ink #5)
Ja’Nese Dixon pens tales of romance in various subgenres. But her favorites are the ones that manage to keep readers sitting on the edge of their seats lying to themselves about reading “just one more chapter”.

She is an avid reader and coffee drinker, who also loves to run, cook, and craft. Her ultimate goal as a writer is to give you a little “staycation” with every story.

Ja’Nese calls Houston h

Smith Pact Duo (3 books)
  • Yuki's Luck (Smith Pact Duo Book 1)
  • Smith Surprise (Smith Pact Duo Book 3)

News & Interviews

Secrets between siblings, grandparents with grievances, parents with problems. If you're looking for serious drama, check out these new...