Start by marking “Cozen” as Want to Read:

coz-en (kuz-uhn)
verb
1. trick or deceive.
• obtain by deception.

She was named most appropriately.

Cozen Taylor has more than earned her place as one of North America’s most successful thieves. Her name is whispered amongst criminal elite as the go-to thief when someone needs a heist.

She has never failed.

A call from the Miami-based Astor family could change all that wit
Published June 4th 2018 by Bethany-Kris

Selene
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Jessica Gadziala
A professional heister on assignment only has one target.

She was the spider. Jett was the fly.
Cozen would keep spinning her web, and hoped it would catch him.

What twenty-five year-old Cozen Taylor doesn’t count on is Sargon Makri’s magnetic pull.

▣ This is a standalone book with lots of steam and a tiny bit of action. I loved the pacing and the never-saw-that-coming twist, but the dual POVs seemed too much alike in voice at times, and I would’ve loved more depth regarding the criminal undergrou
Natalie The Biblioholic
Check out the Blog Tour + Giveaway

I think this will be the simplest review I’ve ever written for a book I’ve read by Bethany-Kris. If you haven’t read anything of hers before, this is a perfect example of her exemplary prose and a wise choice to get your feet wet with. And if you’re a mega fan like me, you’ll love how seemingly flawless her segue from mafia romance to plain old romantic suspense is.

Cozen is a thief looking for her last job and it happens to land in her lap at just the right tim
Elizabeth
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
“You like it rough, beautiful girl?"
description

Cozen is an action-packed suspense romance centered around a dangerous heist. Cozen Taylor has been hired by the wealthy Astor family to steal back a family heirloom. Cozen has been a thief for years and has never had a problem infiltrating a situation and getting what she wants in order to get the job done. While she tries to seduce a dangerous man in order to get the Astor's property back she is overcome with a need for her victim's bodyguard Sargon Makri.
Snow
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc
color me intrigued...

And I ve been surprised once again...

Bethany-Kris brought a new meaning to the word romantic suspense as she delivered an intricatingly puzzled plotline with continuous intensity of thrilling expectation of what's to come next.

And especially the ending, that actually surprised me the most but one other thing left me a bit displeased is the way with a certain situation in the plot was handled and pretty much just left hanging there...for readers to either pick up on it and dw
Bev

It's no secret I absolutely adore anything Bethany Kris writes, and when a new book hits my kindle I drop everything to inhale her newest work. I was super excited for Cozen, a break away from her mafia families (which have become some of my favourite books ever) and an intro into the world of the Astors.

Whilst I loved the little I got to know of Cozen and Sargon, I felt that there was a lot held back due in the main to the big plot twist very late on in the book. Both characters intri
Jemima
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS
ARC
It's hard to find a book written by Bethany-Kris that I haven't enjoyed reading.I'm not ashamed to say that I've devoured every book written by this talented author. I was fortunate enough to have beta read this book. With no synopsis to go with, only the title...it's suffice to say, I was a ball of excitement and fear.

Cozen was and still is a page turner.From the very first chapter,this book captures the readers, it takes you on a whirlwind adventure of suspense, intrigue, romance, out of this
Bethany-Kris
May 08, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Releasing June 4th.

From author Bethany-Kris comes a whole new world. A North American network full of criminals battling to stay on top, and painting the streets red in war as they dabble in the game of betrayal. Malicious, cunning, forbidden, and violent—welcome to The Empires and Badlands.

★*✩*★ Now Live! ★*✩*★

iTunes: https://apple.co/2HYum0B
Kobo: https://bit
London Miller
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cozen is not my first book by BK, nor my fifteenth, or twentieth, or even twenty-fifth—you get where I'm going with this. So after reading so many books by her, it's safe to say that I've come to expect certain things from her. It's never a question of whether or not I'm going to love a book she's written—I always go in expecting to love it—but whether or not she cane still surprise me.

Whether the book will stand out in a sea of amazing books she's written already.

I can say, without a doubt, tha
S.M. West
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, fave-author
5 STARS

Bethany-Kris is one of my fav authors. I will read anything and everything she writes. I've got crushes on many a heroine and serious love for a handful of her heroes...or actually, I should say, my heroes ;) Ha!

She's my Mafia Romance Queen, but hang on a sec... this isn't a mafia story. Cozen is something completely different. Some might say, BK took a chance, straying from her dynamite trademark underworld of La Cosa Nostra, but I beg to differ. This lady can write. Her prose is exquisi
Carlene Inspired
For this and other reviews visit Carlene Inspired.

I am obsessed with Cozen, in fact I've already read it twice. Okay, I really read it twice due to that ending...that ending that I never saw coming! That's right, Bethany-Kris has given us an unpredictable crime romance that's entirely unique. The heroine is an incredibly successful thief, except this heist is proving to be most difficult. Cozen's name is so clever that even those she is swindling do not realize it is she and beyond those in her
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Eye Opening” Stars

A thief - a heist -and Bethany-Kris’s mind and words. A departure from the Mafia world but such a pleasant surprise.

Cozen, a female thief, is a very methodical thief. She gets the job done while no one ever knowing what she’s done. So when the Astor family needs a job done quietly, Cozen is asked. A job to end all jobs until Sargon Makri comes between her and the job. A job that involves another man, Jett Griffin, his bodyguard Sargon, and the ruby ring that he has that belo
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Cozen by Bethany-Kris–

GENRE: Dark Romance/Suspense
NARRATION: Narrative
BOOK DETAILS: Standalone in The Empires and Badlands Series

THE STORY:
As the most successful and discreet thief in North America Cozen is hired to steal back a family jewel that was taken from the Astor family. The man that holds this jewel is a wealthy and powerful man in the criminal world, her mission is dangerous, and she must slowly and cleverly infiltrate herself into the marks life.

Sargon works security detail
Carla Bulian
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4,3. Que livro! Adorei! Inteligente, sensual e muito bem escrito!!!!!
Vale a leitura!
Alex ♈
Paganalexandria
The Good:
1. The heroine being a master thief made her a standout in romancelandia. She is a beautiful chameleon able to transform for every scenario.

2. The sex scenes are super hot.

3. The side characters are exceptional. Though this a standalone, I'm very interested to see many of them in a spinoff.

The Bad:
1. I never connected with the male lead. He never made sense to me, in relation to the caper the heroine was trying to pull off. I liked the foil more than him.

2. The ending filled in a lot of
Keya
This is the type of story that once you finish reading you’ll find yourself wanting to reread it again. And when a book does that then you know you’ve a pretty great book!

Bethany-Kris stepped outside of her usual Mafia genre and gave us something different yet familiar; it still had her flare and eloquent touch. However, it was set in a different world with a whole different set of characters that you will feel very drawn to.

I went into Cozen pretty confident that I’d really enjoy it. Why?

Ezinwanyi
This is my first time listening to the narrator Connor Goff and he did a great job on this story. The plot was set up in a very intriguing manner. It had hints of a romance but it was a mystery and suspense first story.

Cozen Taylor was a renowned thief because she was basically invisible. She delivers what she promised and no one she interacted with on the heist remembered anything about her afterwards. As Cozen was considering retiring, the Astor family came with an offer that was so golden th
Julia
You know there is always a time when you think that nothing can really surprise you. When you are sure that you've read everything and all is just the same. Of course, you've felt it before. I had a similar feeling but I always start a new book in hope that this one would be IT. The one that would break you book lump and make you feel again. And Cozen REALLY BECAME IT!!!

This book is so amazing that it's hard for me to find the right words to describe my feelings. With every new chapter, with e
Maria11
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Twisty twisty

Adventure and suspense in this one. The end was not what I thought at all. Twist twisty at the end. Great read as always from. Ms Kris! Sex is very very HOT!
A Klue
With an “It Takes a Thief” theme, Bethany-Kris whisks us away into the life, love, and world of Cozen, a female professional thief who just can’t seem to say no to just one more meticulously planned, adrenaline rushing heist, especially when the request comes from the rich as Croesus, all powerful, notorious Astor clan. The payout is huge but the payback if she fails is even more daunting. Yeah, failure isn’t an option. She’ll be getting cozy with the fishes wearing cement shoes, if you know wha ...more
Forever_meme
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Oh what a tangled web we weave........

I got pulled right into this wonderfully spun web and enjoyed every minute of it.

Cozen is one of the best thieves around she disappears once the job is done like she never existed.

One last job, One last thrill, One last rush....

One person she never saw coming Sargon Makri with all his allure and mystery surrounding him. Sargon is even more mysterious than Cozen. A man loyal to no one.

Will Cozen get the job done or will her new distraction make
Suzanne (Lily)
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cozen is in a world and class of her own!

When Bethany-Kris writes, I read. It’s as simple as that. From her newsletters, outtakes or Ask Me Anything (AMA) posts, she always has me craving for more. Cozen was just what I anticipated, feeding my need for a story steeped in romantic suspense. The bonus was it is the introduction into a new world of organised crime that has swept me up with the possibilities of what’s ahead.

Cozen was everything I hoped for in a heroine. Each step she took was well c
*Ritzrenee*
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well, I'm surprised with this book!
The synopsis definitely drew me in

I loved the twist at the end! Just when you thought everything was within your fingertips, then you realised there were more information to be uncovered.

I have a thing for spy stories or an association that trains people to do dirty jobs. There are just loads of action packed plots! For this, the stealing portion was pretty mild and for someone to do something for such a long while without getting caught is really out of the w
☆ Aimetz
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, you dont know how I love the BK's writing, and maybe I expected certain things since I read I lot of her books. But believe me when I tell you that Cozen is totally unexpected or maybe not if you pay attention to every detail or maybe I'm wrong...

BK offers us a new world, new characters, a totally different plot. It was refreshing, fun and sexy as hell.
The steamy scenes were burning through the pages. The plot itself keeps you stuck to reading more and more, the characters keep your interest
Shelli
This was a really fun book to read! Cozen was a female master thief, with a spotless record of getting in, getting out and never being caught...never even under suspicion. This last job though is the toughest she's ever had to do. The suspense and the romance are perfect thru this. I absolutely fell in love with Sargon...he was SO hot, so intense. The cat and mouse game thru this book was so entertaining! I loved the ending, it was perfect! I can't wait to see what this author has in store for u ...more
Ari Reavis
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
*ARC received from author, in exchange for an honest review*

You'll have to forgive any spelling mistakes or babbling as I am still in shock from the ending of this book.
I loved this book. I loved this new world. I loved how fierce and smart Cozen was. How sexy and in control Sargon was...well in control of everything except when it came to Cozen. Their chemistry was scorching and their sex scenes were even hotter.
The suspense and surprises in this book had me on the edge of my seat, heart hammer
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unusual and oh so good…

This author always manages to surprise me. Plot twists, unusual characters, roads less taken. If it is out of the norm then Bethany-Kris will find it and make it her own. The plot seems straightforward - it’s really not. There is more than a host of strong, compelling characters including what I believe are not one but two strong female leads. And these characters? They may or may not be this side of the book of law but still they managed to capture my attention and feel l
Liz

This was really interesting, but it only worked for me because I knew the twist. It would've been too abrupt if I had let it catch me off guard and probably would've pissed me off.

So because I knew (view spoiler) I read the book from a different perspective. I saw how jealous and protective the H was of the heroine. And instead of being extremely irritated by the heroine always letting him get to her, I was understan
Shirley
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
3 - 3.5 Stars

First off I just want to say that Bethany Kris is one of my favourite authors and I love love love all her mafia books, some of which will go down as my ALL time favourite books. So going into this I had high expectations of a madcap heist lead by a strong female with lots of drama and action. It pains me to say that this did not happen as I expected and the story just kind of floated along. I felt it started off strong and I liked both Cozen and Sargon but felt I was waiting for
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Holy plot twist! I absolutely didn't see the ending to this book coming. And it was made even better by the attention grabbing story that came before it. I loved both main characters. They were each this mix of smooth sophistication and lethal grace. The chemistry between them was explosive and seductive. Everything was just so well written from the characterization to the flow to the epic yet perfect ending. I was blown away by this new to me author.

The narrator was also a new one for me, and
  • Doc Marshall: Skulls The Early Years (Skulls MC Romance Book 1)
  • Hard Road (The Untouchables MC Book 4)
  • His Lady (Wounded Souls, #4)
  • Laced with Fear (Cash Bar #1)
  • White Rabbit: The Rise (The Kingmaker Saga, #1)
  • Dragon Claimed (Dark Kings #14.5)
  • Loner (Nomad, #4)
  • Smoke and Shadows (Guardians, #3)
  • Their Virgin PA (A Virgins Standalone)
  • Jigsaw (Hell's Handlers MC, #3)
  • Bitter Sweet Hell (Hell Night, #2)
  • Christmas Wish (Insurgents MC #12)
  • 10 Commandments: A Reverse Harem Romance
  • Wolf Tales 12 Exposed
  • Unhinged (Iron Bulls MC #5)
  • Royally Duched (Duched #2)
  • Riggs (Satan's Fury MC: Memphis #3)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new