Start by marking “Cozen” as Want to Read:

coz-en (kuz-uhn)
verb
1. trick or deceive.
• obtain by deception.

She was named most appropriately.

Cozen Taylor has more than earned her place as one of North America’s most successful thieves. Her name is whispered amongst criminal elite as the go-to thief when someone needs a heist.

She has never failed.

A call from the Miami-based Astor family could change all that
Published June 4th 2018 by Bethany-Kris (first published May 10th 2018)

Start your review of Cozen
Selene
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Jessica Gadziala
A professional heister on assignment only has one target.

She was the spider. Jett was the fly.
Cozen would keep spinning her web, and hoped it would catch him.

What twenty-five year-old Cozen Taylor doesn’t count on is Sargon Makri’s magnetic pull.

▣ This is a standalone book with lots of steam and a tiny bit of action. I loved the pacing and the never-saw-that-coming twist, but the dual POVs seemed too much alike in voice at times, and I would’ve loved more depth regarding the criminal undergrou
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Check out the Blog Tour + Giveaway

I think this will be the simplest review I’ve ever written for a book I’ve read by Bethany-Kris. If you haven’t read anything of hers before, this is a perfect example of her exemplary prose and a wise choice to get your feet wet with. And if you’re a mega fan like me, you’ll love how seemingly flawless her segue from mafia romance to plain old romantic suspense is.

Cozen is a thief looking for her last job and it happens to land in her lap at just the right tim
✰ Liz ✰
“You like it rough, beautiful girl?"
description

Cozen is an action-packed suspense romance centered around a dangerous heist. Cozen Taylor has been hired by the wealthy Astor family to steal back a family heirloom. Cozen has been a thief for years and has never had a problem infiltrating a situation and getting what she wants in order to get the job done. While she tries to seduce a dangerous man in order to get the Astor's property back she is overcome with a need for her victim's bodyguard Sargon Makr
Giorgia ~ Reads
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mafia-criminals
2.5

It bored me and I really didn’t care for the story or characters.
Snow
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc
color me intrigued...

And I ve been surprised once again...

Bethany-Kris brought a new meaning to the word romantic suspense as she delivered an intricatingly puzzled plotline with continuous intensity of thrilling expectation of what's to come next.

And especially the ending, that actually surprised me the most but one other thing left me a bit displeased is the way with a certain situation in the plot was handled and pretty much just left hanging there...for readers to either pick up on it and dw
Bev

It's no secret I absolutely adore anything Bethany Kris writes, and when a new book hits my kindle I drop everything to inhale her newest work. I was super excited for Cozen, a break away from her mafia families (which have become some of my favourite books ever) and an intro into the world of the Astors.

Whilst I loved the little I got to know of Cozen and Sargon, I felt that there was a lot held back due in the main to the big plot twist very late on in the book. Both characters intri
Sentranced Jem
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS
ARC
It's hard to find a book written by Bethany-Kris that I haven't enjoyed reading.I'm not ashamed to say that I've devoured every book written by this talented author. I was fortunate enough to have beta read this book. With no synopsis to go with, only the title...it's suffice to say, I was a ball of excitement and fear.

Cozen was and still is a page turner.From the very first chapter,this book captures the readers, it takes you on a whirlwind adventure of suspense, intrigue, romance, out of
Bethany-Kris
May 08, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Releasing June 4th.

From author Bethany-Kris comes a whole new world. A North American network full of criminals battling to stay on top, and painting the streets red in war as they dabble in the game of betrayal. Malicious, cunning, forbidden, and violent—welcome to The Empires and Badlands.

★*✩*★ Now Live! ★*✩*★

iTunes: https://apple.co/2HYum0B
Kobo: https://bit
London Miller
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cozen is not my first book by BK, nor my fifteenth, or twentieth, or even twenty-fifth—you get where I'm going with this. So after reading so many books by her, it's safe to say that I've come to expect certain things from her. It's never a question of whether or not I'm going to love a book she's written—I always go in expecting to love it—but whether or not she cane still surprise me.

Whether the book will stand out in a sea of amazing books she's written already.

I can say, without a doubt, tha
S.M. West
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fave-author, arc
5 STARS

Bethany-Kris is one of my fav authors. I will read anything and everything she writes. I've got crushes on many a heroine and serious love for a handful of her heroes...or actually, I should say, my heroes ;) Ha!

She's my Mafia Romance Queen, but hang on a sec... this isn't a mafia story. Cozen is something completely different. Some might say, BK took a chance, straying from her dynamite trademark underworld of La Cosa Nostra, but I beg to differ. This lady can write. Her prose is exquisi
Carlene Inspired
For this and other reviews visit Carlene Inspired.

I am obsessed with Cozen, in fact I've already read it twice. Okay, I really read it twice due to that ending...that ending that I never saw coming! That's right, Bethany-Kris has given us an unpredictable crime romance that's entirely unique. The heroine is an incredibly successful thief, except this heist is proving to be most difficult. Cozen's name is so clever that even those she is swindling do not realize it is she and beyond those in her
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Eye Opening” Stars

A thief - a heist -and Bethany-Kris’s mind and words. A departure from the Mafia world but such a pleasant surprise.

Cozen, a female thief, is a very methodical thief. She gets the job done while no one ever knowing what she’s done. So when the Astor family needs a job done quietly, Cozen is asked. A job to end all jobs until Sargon Makri comes between her and the job. A job that involves another man, Jett Griffin, his bodyguard Sargon, and the ruby ring that he has that belo
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
description
Cozen by Bethany-Kris–

GENRE: Dark Romance/Suspense
NARRATION: Narrative
BOOK DETAILS: Standalone in The Empires and Badlands Series

THE STORY:
As the most successful and discreet thief in North America Cozen is hired to steal back a family jewel that was taken from the Astor family. The man that holds this jewel is a wealthy and powerful man in the criminal world, her mission is dangerous, and she must slowly and cleverly infiltrate herself into the marks life.

Sargon works security deta
Lorraine Lesar
Jul 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Liked the ‘twist’ as it caught me out. Certainly unexpected and clever. If only it had been earlier, therefore adding another dynamic to the storyline, then my rating may have been higher.
Alex ♈
Keya
This is the type of story that once you finish reading you’ll find yourself wanting to reread it again. And when a book does that then you know you’ve a pretty great book!

Bethany-Kris stepped outside of her usual Mafia genre and gave us something different yet familiar; it still had her flare and eloquent touch. However, it was set in a different world with a whole different set of characters that you will feel very drawn to.

I went into Cozen pretty confident that I’d really enjoy it. Why?

Paganalexandria
The Good:
1. The heroine being a master thief made her a standout in romancelandia. She is a beautiful chameleon able to transform for every scenario.

2. The sex scenes are super hot.

3. The side characters are exceptional. Though this a standalone, I'm very interested to see many of them in a spinoff.

The Bad:
1. I never connected with the male lead. He never made sense to me, in relation to the caper the heroine was trying to pull off. I liked the foil more than him.

2. The ending filled in a lot of
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
This is my first time listening to the narrator Connor Goff and he did a great job on this story. The plot was set up in a very intriguing manner. It had hints of a romance but it was a mystery and suspense first story.

Cozen Taylor was a renowned thief because she was basically invisible. She delivers what she promised and no one she interacted with on the heist remembered anything about her afterwards. As Cozen was considering retiring, the Astor family came with an offer that was so golden th
Julia
You know there is always a time when you think that nothing can really surprise you. When you are sure that you've read everything and all is just the same. Of course, you've felt it before. I had a similar feeling but I always start a new book in hope that this one would be IT. The one that would break you book lump and make you feel again. And Cozen REALLY BECAME IT!!!

This book is so amazing that it's hard for me to find the right words to describe my feelings. With every new chapter, with e
Maria11
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Twisty twisty

Adventure and suspense in this one. The end was not what I thought at all. Twist twisty at the end. Great read as always from. Ms Kris! Sex is very very HOT!
A Klue
With an “It Takes a Thief” theme, Bethany-Kris whisks us away into the life, love, and world of Cozen, a female professional thief who just can’t seem to say no to just one more meticulously planned, adrenaline rushing heist, especially when the request comes from the rich as Croesus, all powerful, notorious Astor clan. The payout is huge but the payback if she fails is even more daunting. Yeah, failure isn’t an option. She’ll be getting cozy with the fishes wearing cement shoes, if you know wha ...more
Kim BookJunkie ~ Editor & Proofreader
Review of audiobook

STORY
The Astor family hires Cozen to perform a heist to steal a Ruby ring, an Astor family heirloom. Cozen’s methods always include cozying up to her male victims, yet she doesn’t expect for sparks to fly when she meets her target’s bodyguard, Sargon.

While listening to the first 99% of this book, I assumed I was listening to an insta-love story. As with most of those, I struggled to connect to the characters & didn’t feel emotionally invested in them. However, the last 1% of
Forever_meme
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Oh what a tangled web we weave........

I got pulled right into this wonderfully spun web and enjoyed every minute of it.

Cozen is one of the best thieves around she disappears once the job is done like she never existed.

One last job, One last thrill, One last rush....

One person she never saw coming Sargon Makri with all his allure and mystery surrounding him. Sargon is even more mysterious than Cozen. A man loyal to no one.

Will Cozen get the job done or will her new distraction make
Shelli
This was a really fun book to read! Cozen was a female master thief, with a spotless record of getting in, getting out and never being caught...never even under suspicion. This last job though is the toughest she's ever had to do. The suspense and the romance are perfect thru this. I absolutely fell in love with Sargon...he was SO hot, so intense. The cat and mouse game thru this book was so entertaining! I loved the ending, it was perfect! I can't wait to see what this author has in store for u ...more
Athena D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

I love Bethany-Kris' books and this is no exception!!! Cozen and Sargon's story truly captivated me and how everything unfolded. The narration was perfect and I would definitely listen to this audio book again. Cozen by Bethany-Kris is an EPIC mafia romance and will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ARISTOCRACY!!!
JadeC
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! im really amazed by this book.. so before anything, i pretty much went into this book blind so i did not know about the twist at all! the last book i read with a similar "thief" themed book was wicked intentions by JT Geissinger. both books were written perfectly. for the twist part, (view spoiler) ...more
Suzanne (Lily)
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cozen is in a world and class of her own!

When Bethany-Kris writes, I read. It’s as simple as that. From her newsletters, outtakes or Ask Me Anything (AMA) posts, she always has me craving for more. Cozen was just what I anticipated, feeding my need for a story steeped in romantic suspense. The bonus was it is the introduction into a new world of organised crime that has swept me up with the possibilities of what’s ahead.

Cozen was everything I hoped for in a heroine. Each step she took was well
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Cozen was an unexpected delight. I was in love with this story when I really saw the connection to Sargon and cozen while reading but love it even more in hindsight after that delicious twist. Cozen and Sargon were fantastic and so sexy. I loved this story and look forward to being back in the world of the Astors in the future! 4 stars! ~Ratula
*Ritzrenee*
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well, I'm surprised with this book!
The synopsis definitely drew me in

I loved the twist at the end! Just when you thought everything was within your fingertips, then you realised there were more information to be uncovered.

I have a thing for spy stories or an association that trains people to do dirty jobs. There are just loads of action packed plots! For this, the stealing portion was pretty mild and for someone to do something for such a long while without getting caught is really out of the w
☆ Aimetz
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, you dont know how I love the BK's writing, and maybe I expected certain things since I read I lot of her books. But believe me when I tell you that Cozen is totally unexpected or maybe not if you pay attention to every detail or maybe I'm wrong...

BK offers us a new world, new characters, a totally different plot. It was refreshing, fun and sexy as hell.
The steamy scenes were burning through the pages. The plot itself keeps you stuck to reading more and more, the characters keep your interest
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Acquainted
  • White Rabbit: The Rise (The Kingmaker Saga, #1)
  • Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • White Rabbit: The Fall (The Kingmaker Saga, #2)
  • Dark Horse (The Kingmaker Saga #5)
  • Nix. (Den of Mercenaries #3)
  • Black Swan (The Kingmaker Saga, #3)
  • Red Herring (The Kingmaker Saga #4)
  • Celt. (Den of Mercenaries #2)
  • Iris. (Den of Mercenaries, #7)
  • Syn. (Den of Mercenaries, #6)
  • Calavera. (Den of Mercenaries, #4)
  • Red. (Den of Mercenaries, #1)
  • Down the Line (Volkov Bratva, #4.6)
  • Shadows & Silence (The Wild Bunch, #2)
  • The Final Hour (Volkov Bratva, #3)
  • Skorpion. (Den of Mercenaries, #5)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

News & Interviews