Start by marking “Piper: A Last Score Spin Off” as Want to Read:
Piper: A Last Score Spin Off

Piper: A Last Score Spin Off

I know what they think.

They think I’m too innocent for the life I have chosen.

Maybe they’re right. Maybe I am.

However, sometimes a girl has to follow her instincts even if they may lead to failure. Who knows, the bigger the risk the greater the riches could be.

The facts are, I have a musical gift, a new beginning and an incredible opportunity.

Simon McLennan’s reputati
Published July 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Piper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Piper

Nese
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an epic love story, of two very different people.

One , a world famous rockstar, with a huge number of female fans,
and just as many conquests lingering in his past.

The other, a young girl, forced to grow up with years of abuse,
and pain and manipulation. All she knew was how to survive.
The only thing that gave her some happiness was her music and her mother.

Poles apart, but destined to meet one day.

Gibson Barclay, the lead singer of M3rCy and his wife Chloe find themselves becoming
guardians t
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
Crazy Cajun Book Addicts

An absolutely amazing story, Piper totally blow me away, giving me all the feels. It was wonderfully written and one of those books you never want to end. If you have read Gibson's Legacy and Trusting Gibson you will already be familiar with Piper and Simon but please don't worry if you haven't as this book can be read as a standalone although I would highly recommend you don't miss out on getting to know Gibson Barclay.

Piper is under the guardianship of Gibson and his w
Kathy Aronoff
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Last Score Series has been one of my favorites and this being perhaps the last book has me sad as I always love seeing Gibson Barclay. However this book does stand on it's own merit, I loved Piper, it was very refreshing reading a 20 year old act and think like one in her situation, from trying to go out on her own merit, to navigating a relationship with an older man, who has waaaay more life experiences under his public belt, without coming off immature. Simon didn't endear me as much but ...more
KFForever
kfforever

Four Stars ~ Reviewed by Anna Green on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

This book is a spin-off from The Last Score series featuring Simon and Piper and can be read as a standalone; a truly moving love story of two people who have the same passion and talent for music.

Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
A truly epic love story

After previously reading K.L. Shandwick's LAST SCORESeries, there was no way known I was going to let Piper's story pass me by. I'm so pleased that I didn't, as it was such a beautiful way to finish telling how Piper went on to fulfil her dream. Even though this can be read as a standalone, I recommend reading the previous books, even if it is just to get some in depth background to all the characters involved.

Piper has been under the guardianship of Gibson and Chloe sinc
Anna Green
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four Stars ~ Reviewed on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

I haven’t read the previous books but enough information can be gathered in this story that will get you clued up. Piper, a twenty-year-old aspiring singer dealt with a lot of abuse from her stepfather, when her mother passed away she was lucky eno
Wendy Hodges
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Piper is vulnerable and innocent in some ways, I guess because of her background and age, but she is also mature in others again above her age. Her life before Gibson was hard and scary, full of worry for her safety and her mums. The maturity she has helps give her strength and understanding, patience to listen before reacting or judging for the most part to harshly even if feeling hurt by whatever situations may arise. In this story I felt she was the one who came across as the oldest character ...more
Ann-Maree Howarth
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading a book by this author and as it is the fourth book of the series it had me wanting more. More back-story about the wonderful characters I was reading about. I received an ARC copy of this book and this is my honest and voluntary review. This story is very emotional full of love, friendship, trust, and family. You can read this as a stand-alone but I am sure you would get more from this series if you read them in order to fully appreciate what the author is giving us ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
What a perfect afternoon and evening this book has given me, I have sat with my feet up most of the day totally engrossed in Piper's journey. A journey of ups and downs and my emotions were right there with those ups and downs. This is a spin off from Gibson's series but can be read as a standalone. I have read the whole series so I already loved the characters that surround Piper on her journey.

Gibson is a member of the band m3rcy, he and his wife Chloe took guardianship of Piper when her Mum d
Mandy
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant rockstar romance with a difference. This one is about Piper.
Piper is a girl from a broken home but she has dreams and the words of her now deceased mother in her head. She strives to be the best that she can be and won’t bow to anyone. She had been through too much to stop now. She has a secret crush but can it remain a secret from not only him but from everyone else.
K.L Shandwick has pushed the rockstar into a new dimension with Piper and how I enjoyed it.
She dealt with everythin
Ann Meemken
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Piper is the newest release in the last score series. I was excited to read her story.

Gibson and Chloe take custody of Piper after her mom died. Gibson and Piper share the love of music, which creates a special bond between them. Gibson is a famous rock star. Gibson and his band mate Simon help guide Piper in her music. They both think she has a special gift.

This story is amazing. Piper sets off to make her dreams a reality. She wants to make it on her own ability not just have it handed to her
Clare Beale cook
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Wow!! What a amazing story that I had to reread before leaving my review. Piper is the spinoff from Gibson's Legacy and Trusting Gibson. Piper is trying to find her own way in the music industry and deal with her feelings for Simon, Gibson's best friend who happens to be 12years older than her. She knows having a relationship with Simon Isn't going to be easy and doesn't want to hurt anyone.
Simon himself is also trying to deal and accept his feelings for Piper are different than they should be.
Helen Foster
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had me totally enthralled from the beginning, Piper and Simon both had stories to tell that had me so emotionally invested in the outcome I couldn't put it down.
There's a 12 year age gap between Piper and Simon meaning they are both in different places in their lives but they are drawn together, although the age gap causes issues for them both for different reasons Simon because of his history and Piper because of her innocence and naivety.
I have to say this book had one of the best li
Angela Cornell
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The last book in this most awesome series. What can I say, I am worn out from doing nothing much but reading this entire series that I couldn't put down. This book was wonderful. I got to keep reading about the previous characters, would have liked a little more of them, but the book was as good as all the others. I love Piper and Simon as well as all the other characters, old and new. I could have read forever on this series and I am so sad it's over with this book. I do, however, look forward ...more
Emma Louise
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Standing ovation

Wow, I've got quite a gathering of Kl's books now, and reading Pipers story seemed like a perfect way to round up the Barclays story. With such a strong minded young woman I found myself screaming at the pages saying 'believe him, give him a chance'. For a stand-alone book of pipers story this read had everything for me, with the angst and suspense of Mr Gibson, to the pent up energy of a lust romance and the build of of musicians and the rollercoaster they call life. This read h
Riah Pilling
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal instalment to an impeccable series!

This book is absolutely amazing! I can't handle how brilliant this story is. Shandwick did amazingly with the Last Score series and has perfectly kept her momentum with part 4.

This is so well written with a story so sweet and heartfelt it's impossible to put down. The romance in this book warms my heart like you wouldn't believe and these characters feel like family at this point.

I wish I could give more than 5 stars because Piper absolutely deserv
Marilyn
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Piper by KL Shandwick is such a great page turner. Once i started the story i could. It put it down. I honestly did not see this story coming. It went in a direction that i totally didn’t think about hut makes total sense. We see the story or Piper and Simon in this awesome book. The reader is enthralled by the story, characters and even the setting. This is not a book filled with sex it has an actual angst filled story. I fell in love with this book and would definitely recommend. Such a great ...more
Amber Goodwin
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great read! I have not read the other books but will definitely be loking them up. There were a few things I had questions on since I had never read the other books, but I was not lost.
Piper is determined to have a music career without the help of her family. Simon has put off his feelings for Piper long enough. These two have a connection that can't be stopped.
I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more by this author!
She's a Lip Biter
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this short book as a standalone and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't feel I lost anything from not having read the series that this book was a spin-off from. The storyline was great and kept me engaged. This was a beautiful turn of events that saw broken women shine in a world that she didn't start out in. It's hard to say too much as I hate spoilers and I really don't want to give anything away.

Just know it's a great book and completely worth a read.

Reviewed by Donna
Tricia
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Desperate to prove she can make it on her own in the music industry, Piper has to learn the hard way that not everyone or everything is what it seems. Gibson has done a fantastic job encouraging his Ward Piper and giving her a good grounding of the music industry and she’s no pushover, albeit a little naive due to her age. However, when Simon, who’s older than her and Gibson’s bandmate, starts to show he’s just as interested in her as she is in him, she proves that age is just a number.

I did fin
Serena Worker
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Piper’s doing what she always wanted, starting her music career, but she wants to do it alone without it being because of Gibson. Although she’s lonely being used to having people around her, but then Simon calls her and invites her to dinner at his house.
Everything is going perfect, the twists and turns keep you captivated, you start to wonder will their world fall apart fall apart, will Simon’s past affect them. Is the media going to eat Piper alive?
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! Gibson has always been my favourite of KL's and this spin off book about Piper was great to read! It had me hooked from the beginning, the characters had me hooked into their lives and I loved reading about the characters from previous books. Gibson's humour and his protectiveness as well as seeing another side to Simon! I highly recommend this book, Piper was great and such a strong character. Loved reading about all this characters again... I could read more and more ...more
Donna Wright
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this book as a standalone and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't feel I lost anything from not having read the series that this book was a spin-off from. The storyline was great and kept me engaged. This was a beautiful turn of events that saw a broken women shine in a world that she didn't start out in. It's hard to say too much as I hate spoilers and I really don't want to give anything away.

Just know it's a great book and completely worth a read.
Helen Simpson
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A SUPERB ENDING FOR WHAT HAS BEEN A FANTASTIC SERIES. IN THIS NOVELLA WE GET TO SEE PIPER BLOSSOM INTO A BEAUTIFUL INDEPENDENT WOMAN AND TAKE LIFE ON HEADSTRONG. THE PROGRESSION OF PIPER'S CHARACTER WAS WELL WRITTEN. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE NOVELLAS TO ADD TO THIS SERIES FOR THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE BAND. A MUST READ FOR ANY ROCKSTAR GENRE FAN.
Linda Rimer-Como
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Found this to be an interesting read! Great story line, filled with hope, fear, discovery and undying love. The characters are strong and determined but also have a tender, loving, protective side. A great book, don't miss out!

I voluntarily read and reviewed this book; all opinions expressed are my own.
Desiree Nelson
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
KL did it again Piper and Simon's story was so entertaining. I loved them. Their decision to be a couple Gibsons reaction and everything that the press and being famous plus their pasts throw at them. A must read that will keep you captivated from page 1
Jamie Ellis
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read...

This was a really good book. Loved how it all played out. Love and age difference doesn't matter. The ending was so good. Definitely recommend this book.
Thanks Jamie Nibarger Ellis
Theresa Ritchie
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Must read

This book was amazing loved every minute of it was hooked from the start if your looking for a book to read then I highly recommend this series you won't be disappointed
Cindy Stevens
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Strong family bond.

I love a story that pulls you in. The bond that gibson has with piper warms your heart. The love story was very well written as it was an older man seeking out a younger women. I loved this series and I fell in love them over and over
Colette Goodchild
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Piper is an amazing read I loved the careful handling of the age difference between Simon and Piper. Gibson Barclay shows his parental side and Chloe is just her amazing self.
« previous 1 3 next »
K.L. Shandwick Biography
K. L. Shandwick is a writer of contemporary, suspense, and new adult romance who retired in 2015 to write full time. Previously, she was a registered midwife and social care professional, but during her teenage years she followed her passion for music by working as a merchandiser for rock bands. K.L’s writing career only started when she was challenged to write a chapter of