Start by marking “Love and Other Wild Things (Mystic Bayou, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love and Other Wild Things (Mystic Bayou, #2)

Love and Other Wild Things

(Mystic Bayou #2)

Available in audio first, this hot, hilarious stand-alone will keep you wildly entertained!

Welcome to Mystic Bayou, a tiny town hidden in the swamp where shape-shifters, vampires, witches, and dragons live alongside humans. The town formed around the mysterious energy rift in the bayou, which helps keep the town's magic in balance. But lately the rift has been widening an
Audible Audio, 7 pages
Published September 4th 2018 by Audible Studios

To ask other readers questions about Love and Other Wild Things, please sign up.
Lindsay On her blog it states

On her blog it states

"LOVE AND OTHER WILD THINGS, the second in the Mystic Bayou series, is now available in audio. (Ebook will follow in six months.)"(less)

Start your review of Love and Other Wild Things (Mystic Bayou, #2)
Jilly
This book is just like a blueberry muffin that only has one blueberry in it. It's pretty good, but you feel like it should have been MORE. So, although you like the muffin... why oh why are they cheating you out of blueberries? What, is there a blueberry shortage? Maybe they were just super super literal so when it says "blueberry" they don't mean "blueberries". Whatever. Still need more.

Maybe they were worrying that this would happen. It would be blasphemous! Look at how accurately that muffin
angela
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars. Great characters who’s friendships are strong and relationships even stronger. This was a fun lighthearted book, with some sex. I like that the characters from book 1 are also in book 2. I certainly enjoyed this book.
Stacey is Sassy
Wild Things...I think I love you...

Love all the wild thing about Mystic Bayou. The second instalment was just as good as the first one. Crazy funny, plenty sexy and so very entertaining. I really hope Molly Harper has plenty more in this series and keeps the narrators the same.
Montzalee Wittmann
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love and Other Wild Things
By: Molly Harper
Narrated by: Jonathan Davis, Amanda Ronconi
Series: Mystic Bayou, Book 2
Book 2 continues the series with a new employee coming to the town. The rift is getting bigger and they brought in a witch to help monitor and control the rift. Someone once her to stop, or die! The Brown bear shifter has got his eyes on her! 😁 A fun, sexy, but with a mystery, read with supernatural characters! Great narrators!
Melindam
3,5 stars

Still a lot of fun and Dani is a totally nice character, though I was disappointed in her abilities as a witch - most of the time she appeared quite clueless & helpless and had to be saved again and again by others.

But the town of Mystic Bayou still continues to be awesome. I love the brownie Siobhan and her awesome pies!!
Bonnie Shores
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: supernatural
For me, 4 stars equals a solid B. This book was just good. I didn't like it as well as the first book, but the characters were fairly entertaining, especially Zed, the bear-shifter mayor of the small, supernatural town of Mystic Bayou, Louisiana.

description

Honestly, I didn't care for Dani that much. I felt that her "snark" was a little too forced and her I'm-okay-with-being-a-big-girl attitude was a little too unrealistic. I mean, if you have to talk about it all the time and say how fine you are with it,
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
First let me say this a a cute and entertaining story. The world building is interesting and carries the story forward. If you are a Molly Harper fan, I totally recommend.

Now down to the nitty gritty. If you’ve never read a Molly Harper book, I don’t suggest starting here. I love the author dearly but I suspect a limited word count made this story suffer.

SPOILERS AHEAD! You’ve been warned.

This story has a bad case of insta love but I’ll get there.

At the crux of solving the mystery, I was baffled
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Love and Other Wild Things is book two in the Mystic Bayou series by Molly Harper and Narrated by Amanda Ronconi & Jonathan Davis.

With the Mystic Bayou series we are treated to two POV’s, hero and heroine. I like this set-up for the series. As a standalone romance, it can be enjoyed without reading book one first, however the world building and overall series arc are established in How to Date Your Dragon.

Danica is an energy witch and a headstrong woman who knows what she wants. The mystery sur
Sue
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I want one of these a week.....
Lover of Romance
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

I was so delightfully surprised when I saw this book on Audible, because I HAD no idea that this book had been released or was going to be released. It just became available about a week ago, so its pretty recent. I adored book one so I just had to grab this one since I fell in love with this small town "Mystic Bayou" in Louisianna. We have some solid narrators for this book. Its a dual POV so we have two narrators. Now I liked both, but I
Lindsay
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
We return to Mystic Bayou as the League establishes more of a presence in the town beyond the anthropologist Gillian from the first book in the series. Now we have Danica, an energy witch, who's come to the town to work with the unstable Rift that's been turning normals into magique and appears to be becoming more unstable. Danica is a wonderfully laid-back person who immediately catches the eye of the Mystic Bayor mayor and bear shifter Zed.

Formulaic, but if you're reading a Molly Harper book,
Charlie Marie
The mystic bayou books are the MOST comforting paranormal fluff! And Zed gre were bear with a heart of gold and a deep love of bubble baths (complete with rubber fish instead of rubber ducky) is the epitome of the big burly tender man trope that I love so much!

A perfect listen for when you need to take a break from the world, and feel like you’re being hugged by your book.
Carvanz
Audiobook: Narrators – Amanda Ronconi and Jonathan Davis

Another great narration! While some of the novelty of these narrator’s voices lessened for me with this read (I missed Zed saying in that lazy voice “My great-great-great-great-great-great-granddaddy” this time around he rushed to get the title out) it still gave me all the fun of the way these narrators added their own twist to the dialogue. As a result, what I would never “read” in a certain way, suddenly came to life and added a whole ne
Susan (susayq ~)
Another great listen! I really enjoy Molly Harper's writing. She's witty and tells a great story. Zed and Dani were perfect together. I loved that Dani was a little sassy.

I'm looking forward to more in this world.
Maggie [storme reads a lot]
Alright. The second book in the series. Back in Mystic Bayou. I’m not really sure what else to say. This book is pretty alright.

This follows Zed and Dani. The romance isn’t too bad. I just don’t have a ton of new information to add. Dani has to come to study the rift which is getting worse, hoping she can use her energy harnessing to close up some of the damage. Zed is the mayor. He’s attracted to Dani right away, but she only sees this as a job. So what she wants to do is complete the job to sa
Thomas
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, fantasy, romance
I'll call this a very positive 3 1/2 stars.

Another enjoyable little visit to Mystic Bayou. Another romance. Another mystery solved.

There’s lots of world-building going on here and it looks interesting. Of course, it’s all mostly in service of setting up more romantic scenarios but there are many different kinds of potential fun that all this could lead to. The possibilities are intriguing.

I missed figuring out who the perp was in advance this time. She added an extra layer on and that threw me.
☕️Kimberly
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
RTC. Great series.
Lena
Apr 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters, audio
I baked some kick ass ciabatta while listening to this, ‘nuff said.
Bambi Unbridled
4 stars / 2 flames. Review in progress.
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

I don't know why, but I simply couldn't connect with anything or any character in this novel. This book features a good well-paced story with somewhat interesting characters. It felt like something didn't click between me and this story.

Danica was a headstrong woman who knew what she wanted from the start. She was used to drawing a line in the sand and having people respect that. The "mystery" she was involved in was very janky and not set up all that well throughout the
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
Review to come......

photo EA6543C9-F851-4C56-9D36-5D5117932CCD_zpsyklowfpo.jpeg
Cyndi
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anytime I can find a book narrated by Amanda Ronconi I jump at it. Add to that Jonathan Davis (hubba hubba) and Molly Harper as the author and it’s party time!
A magical world with shifters. Excellent story!
Zel Polev
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tanya Davis
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two awesome narrators together with an amazing author in this Audible original Love and Other Wild Things! Perfect combination! I am normally not the biggest fan of dual narrators but Amanda Ronconi and Jonathan Davis truly make a great pair. The splits between the two were really well done.

Mystic Bayou is a very interesting place to be, where the magique and humans live together peacefully. All that is jeopardized when the rift between worlds is slowly destabilizing. That is where Danica Teel c
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.25 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

We are back in Mystic Bayou and I was TOTALLY HERE FOR IT!!! This time around an energy witch named Dani comes in to help with the rift that is destabilizing. Upon her arrival our wonderful, sweet, motorcycle riding Mayor Zed is attempting to fix her shower in the rental home she will be staying in. There was so much witty banter, sexual tension, and mystery that I devoured this book in almost one sitting. I am really excited to see where this series continues to go.

Th
Alexandria
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible
As soon as I finished the first book, I wanted to read this book. I want to move to Mystic Bayou. The town is delightful. I love all of the characters who live there.

This book starts shortly after the first book ends. More people from the League are coming to Mystic Bayou to deal with the energy rift. Danica is sent to figure out what is wrong with the rift and repair it. Zed, the town mayor, is assigned to help Danica. Although she tries, Danica can't resist Zed's charm.

I can't wait for the n
Kaetrin
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, pnr-uf
#AudibleRomance package

Also narrated by Jonathan Davis.
Donna
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Welcome back to Mystic Bayou! This time it is Mayor Zed’s turn to fall. I adored him in How to Date Your Dragon and was thrilled to see the big ol bear tumble. I love this series. I am always left with a smile on my face and a much lighter heart. I can’t wait to revisit Mystic Bayou again.
The narrators did the story justice and made it come alive.
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Love and Other Wild Things is the sophomore title in Ms. Harper’s Mystic Bayou series. As a standalone romance, it can be enjoyed without having read the first book; however, the world building and overall series arc are established in that first book, How to Date Your Dragon. The tale centers around bear-shifter, Mayor Zed and newcomer energy witch Danica (Dani). The League has hired Dani to help study and repair the mystical rift out in the bayou - hoping to slow down any changes its energy is ...more
Deanie Nelder
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Welcome back to Mystic Bayou, the Louisiana town full of quirky characters of both the supernatural and human variety. In the second book in the Mystic Bayou series, Dr. Jillian Ramsey, the paranormal anthropologist who literally wrote the book on the town finds herself in charge of a whole group of new people from the League for Interspecies Cooperation, including Danica Teel, the dynakinetic (ie, energy witch) assigned to evaluate the Rift, a strange portal that attracts supernatural-type peop ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Werewolf Meets His Match (Nocturne Falls, #2)
  • The Witch's Halloween Hero (Nocturne Falls, #4.5)
  • A Vampire's Valentine Surprise (Nocturne Falls, #5.5)
  • The Vampire's True Love Trials (Nocturne Falls, #6.5)
  • The Professor Woos The Witch (Nocturne Falls #4)
  • The Shifter Romances The Writer (Nocturne Falls, #6)
  • The Gargoyle Gets His Girl (Nocturne Falls, #3)
  • The Werewolf's Christmas Wish (Nocturne Falls, #4.6)
  • The Vampire’s Fake Fiancée (Nocturne Falls, #5)
  • The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls, #7)
  • The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (Nocturne Falls, #1)
  • Make Mine Magic
  • The Undead In My Bed (Dark Ones #10.5; Half-Moon Hollow #2.5; Midnight Liaisons #1.5)
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • The Trouble With Witches (Shadowvale, #1)
  • The Vampire's Cursed Kiss (Shadowvale, #2)
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • The Christmas Pact
My mother remembers an 8-year-old me setting up my “writing office” in our living room by putting her old manual typewriter on the couch next to a toy phone. And I (very slowly) pecked out the story of my third-grade class taking a trip around the world and losing a kid in each city.

I had a dark sense of humor, even then.

In high school, when other girls my age were writing poems about dying unicor

Mystic Bayou (5 books)
  • How to Date Your Dragon (Mystic Bayou, #1)
  • Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues (Mystic Bayou, #2.5)
  • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • Always Be My Banshee (Mystic Bayou, #4)