Start by marking “No Man Can Tame (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #1)” as Want to Read:
No Man Can Tame (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #1)

No Man Can Tame

(The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom #1)

A human princess. A dark-elf prince. A kiss of fire and powder.

After a failed courtship in an ally kingdom, twenty-one-year-old Princess Alessandra returns home to a land torn apart by mutual hatred between the humans and the dark-elves. The "Beast Princess," as Aless is known by courtiers, confidently sets her mind to ways of making peace, but her father has already decid
ebook, Second Edition, 357 pages
Published December 26th 2018 by Miranda Honfleur (first published April 18th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about No Man Can Tame, please sign up.
Ashlight Grayson No, it doesn't. There is going to be a sequel to this centering on side characters, but this book has a conclusive ending.…moreNo, it doesn't. There is going to be a sequel to this centering on side characters, but this book has a conclusive ending.(less)
Ashlight Grayson There is going to be a sequel centering on Dhuro and Arabella. It comes out May 6, 2019. You can preorder on Kindle. It's titled "Bright of the Moon".…moreThere is going to be a sequel centering on Dhuro and Arabella. It comes out May 6, 2019. You can preorder on Kindle. It's titled "Bright of the Moon".(less)

Start your review of No Man Can Tame (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #1)
Gena
Feb 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
Unfortunately I couldn't get past the fact that this seemed an exaggerated Radiance by Grace Draven ("ugly" human and fae with different skin colour and long nails). Note: Radiance is far better. Even if I could have let this go, Alessandra drove me crazy. Her single minded focus on building a library without funding for a people with zero money and who are starving to death was just ridiculous. Vernon wasn't bad, he did call out Aless on her behaviour. The story started with a fizzle and sputte ...more
Somia
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Very Tepid Stars

I downloaded this book because of the cover, which I thought was pretty and the plot sounded good, and whilst it was a not bad one time read, I didn’t find myself transported to the world the author had constructed. I felt that the world building was lacking and the author needed to clarify somethings such as why Alessandra was viewed/known as the Beast Princess.

This book very much reminds me of Grace Draven’s Radiance. This book also involves a human woman marrying a sharp na
Lucie V.
✅ Arranged marriage
🆗 Characters
🆗 World-building
🆗 Plot
❌ Romance / Insta-love

The beginning of this story is interesting, and there is potential, but once I got to know more intimately the main character, I started to lose interest. Aless, the main female character, apparently has a rebel streak and is not afraid to speak her mind, which I love, but while she speaks about peace and wants to teach everyone to read (because it was her mother’s dream), she can’t think about anything else tha
Naomi

You were my dream, Veron, and you came true.
No Man Can Tame was my first Miranda Honfleur's book and while it wasn't perfect, I still enjoyed the story and characters. I am not sure, but I feel like this book is a sort of sequel to her other fantasy series, because there were a lot of random facts thrown in there that weren't explained and left me confused, so either you're supposed to read the other series before this one or the author simply overlooked a lot of details.

No Man Can
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
DNF At 1 hour and 36 minutes (audio book)

I couldn't even get through this book with it sped up. The narrator wasn't bad but the main character only knew how to rebel to try and get a library built. I understand it meant a lot to her mother but would it kill her to look at the bigger picture? A library is a great idea when everyone's at peace and no one is starving or dying of disease. If I had only enough money for one of those things you can bet I'd help the people first and think on the librar
Marta Cox
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Three and a half
I first came across this story in the anthology Beasts and Beauties so if it's a fantasy that tips towards the fairy tale Beauty and the Beast that appeals to you then you will no doubt be keen to read this story. Unfortunately for this reader I've read a book with very similar characters (Radiance) and indeed physical appearance so if honest I'm not sure if this is truly original or perhaps just a homage. The set up Elven type Prince marrying a human royal female to cement relat
 Simply Sam ツ
@ 70% and honestly don't really care about continuing. This whole "Beast Princess" is the most ridiculous thing. There's absolutely no depth to that statement, other than Aless continuously referring to herself as such. I've seen no indication of her supposed fiery temper or whatever the heck it is that supposedly merited this nickname. I do like the dark elves but absolutely can't tolerate the human princess. NEXT! ...more
Candace Tidwell
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I was definitely surprised and ecstatic how the storyline flowed. It was a nice blend of politics and romance. Aless and Veron are fantastic and it was fun to read to read how the their relationship evolved through the book. This is a first for me to read by Miranda but I do look forward to diving into more of her work.
Alex
Feb 11, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, boring, dnf, romance
DNF @ 32%

I wanted to finish this, I really did, but I didn't like anything about this book.

This is a more watered down version of Radiance by Grace Draven, and I'm not 100% obsessed with Radiance, but that one had a lot of things going for it and was good for what it was. No Man Can Tame is just.... really lame to be honest.

This book features a forced diplomatic marriage between a mortal human, Aless, and a dark elf, Veron. While there's not a ton of hostility between them, they are both wary o
Amy
3.5 stars.

This book is like listening to a hungover friend describe a dream.

You've met up for coffee post-party and maybe there's a scone. Crumpled napkins. Artsy music is pumping through the café speakers, and your friend has been passionately recalling a dream for the past ten minutes. You know there are dark elves. A princess with a dream to rebuild her mother's library. There's an arranged marriage and...unicorns?

Now it's been fifteen minutes. You're losing the thread. Elves are immortal, b
Mara YA Mood Reader
Just okay. As others have stated it is much like Grace Draven’s Radiance. I liked this one slightly better than Radiance though.

I just couldn’t get past the insta-love. The MC’s are in an arranged marriage, literally just met for the first time and within a week, they are madly in love.....*agitated sigh*

They’ve already boned, so now I’ve got nothing left to anticipate and have grown bored.
Christa
“No one is ever too little to fight for what they believe in.”

This book was marketed for fans of Warlord or Stolen Songbird, but I feel like the plot is so similar to Grace Draven’s Radiance it made me uncomfortable. It’s got a similar tone, just on a YA setting, so if you liked Radiance, you will either like this book too or wonder if it’s an homage or just straight ripped off. But Radiance is a retelling of beauty and the beast so we will go that they were inspired by similar sources.

Aless
Alexandra
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to admit that it reminded me enough of the book Radiance by Grace Draven. But the setting was very well written and the characters were interesting.
Ashlee » libraryinthecountry
Jun 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
A fun, escapist fantasy romance! Miranda Honfleur never fails to deliver.
Abi
This cover is so gorgeous that I went around showing it to all of my friends and family today. Yes, it's that pretty! Plus, the book was the best read I've had all year - the world building was good, the fantasy was interesting, there was enough plot and separate tension to really makes stakes high and the story matter to me, and above all, the romance was wonderful, soul deep and incredibly epic. There wasn't any insta-love, or perfection. The main characters made actual mistakes, and I got ang ...more
Eleonora
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Some parts of this story reminded me of “radiance” by Grace Draven (which is WAY better than this one!!).
I didn’t like the use of Italian words mixed with the English prose...it sounded weird, at least you should write them in Italic. Had it been the work of a novice, I would have given 3 stars, but I expected more form a professional editor.
Heather *Undercover Goth Queen*
DNF @ 9%

I nominated this for my romance group's July theme read. It sounded really good, and I was excited. But I found the worldbuilding incredibly messy, with meaningless political info dropped clumsily into a masked ball scene. The elf characters all showed up without proper introduction, so the list of their names the author threw out meant absolutely nothing to me. On top it all, I was bored. Next.
Donna
I found Veron to be extremely sweet and Aless to be headstrong. She tends to act before thinking but she has a good heart. I found these characters enjoyable. The story line was interesting and held my attention. I would probably read more of this series.
Kaitlyn Davis
Adored the world building in this fantasy romance! It's more focused on the love story than on the sword/sorcery aspect, which was a change up from my usual fantasy read. I definitely recommend!

P.S. That cover...OMG! I had to one-click :)
BJ
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-ok, disliked
It was Ok, suited to teenage reader, and the H was disturbingly similar to Grace Draven's amazing book. The h is human and self absorbed, and unfortunately had little personal growth. The other issue was the number of characters, they all talked endlessly, so the writing was heavily into 'Telling". At the end, the h's priority was 'her library', despite the deprivation all what was now her people. Yes, a library would educate them but how many would die from starvation first? Disliked her charac ...more
Yogesh Jain
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book was set in similar tone to that of Radiance written by Grace Draven.

The only reason, i not giving the book 5 stars is because it didn't feel original to me. It felt more like inspired from the works of other authors in the similar genre.
Deljah
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Celeste
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Boring. Confusing. And the heroine is annoying.
María José Bravo Macías

Vanessa  B. ♡
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
3,5 stars

So I really like some aspects in this book!

First of all, I want more books with elves. Not fae/fairies but elves. This is why I read this book, to be honest. The only books I have read with elves were The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarion, Beren and Luthien and Eragon. I'm not going to compare No Man Can Tame with the masterpieces of J.R.R. Tolkien, it's not fair.

I liked that this book was about dark elves and how they have been treated, because of their different nature. Another thing
Hayat
No Man Can Tame is a beauty and the beast type romance with two waring kingdoms (human and fae) brought together through politically arranged marriage alliance.

The hero and heroine fall in love despite their physical differences and cultural bias and overcome hate and deadly plots from both camps. This book is so very similar to my favourite beauty and the beast dark Elves vs humans book called Radiance. You can just see how much the author got inspired by Grace Draven's Radiance.

Susana
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I’d say it’s a mixture between ‘The Taming of the Shrew” by Shakespeare and ‘Radiance’ by Grace Draven, both awesome beyond measure.

Princess Aless is a rebel that don’t’ want to be kept like a trophy by a husband but she must do what her position demands and marry an unknown dark elf. Prince Veron is a strong and extremely righteous dark elf that is willing to sacrifice everything for his queen and his people.

Aless and Veron are meant to understand each other and find out that
Kate
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
A gorgeous Dark-Elf and a strong willed woman! Yes, please! I read this book in one sitting! I've been anxiously and impatiently waiting for the release of book 2. This book follows Princess Alessandra as she navigates getting married off to the Dark-Elf prince Veron to form a political alliance between the two peoples. The two form a bond due to their similar circumstances and become allies. The two work together to try and change their worlds for the better.

This is a gorgeous romance story wit
Coco.V
Feb 12, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/11/2020)! 🎁
Unapologetic Roma...: Honfleur, Miranda // No Man Can Tame 3 30 Jul 10, 2020 08:40PM
THE PURCHASE LINK DOESN'T WORK! 2 7 Mar 10, 2020 06:25PM
Play Book Tag: No Man Can Tame - 4 stars 2 22 Jan 18, 2019 11:29AM

• Fierce Heart (Elven Alliance, #1)
  • The Moonfire Bride (Of Candlelight and Shadows #1)
  • War Bound (Elven Alliance #2)
  • Of Goblins and Gold (Of Goblin Kings, #1)
  • The Faceless Mage (Legends of Abreia, #1)
  • Death Wind (Elven Alliance, #3)
  • The Unseen Heir (Legends of Abreia #2)
  • Of Shadows and Elves (Of Goblin Kings, #2)
  • Enchanting the Elven Mage (Kingdom of Lore, #1)
  • Troll Queen (Elven Alliance, #4)
  • Heart of the Fae (The Otherworld, #1)
  • The Sunfire King (Of Candlelight and Shadows #2)
  • Thief (The Scarred Mage of Roseward, #1)
  • Veins of Magic (The Otherworld, #2)
  • Prince of Never (Black Blood Fae, #1)
  • Stolen Mage Bride (Stolen Brides Of The Fae #2)
  • Prisoner (The Scarred Mage of Roseward, #2)
  • Kiss of the Blood Prince (Wrath of the Fae #1)
See top shelves…
I’m a born-and-raised Chicagoan living in Indianapolis. I grew up on fantasy and science fiction novels, spending nearly as much time in Valdemar, Pern, Tortall, Narnia, and Middle Earth as in reality. 🙂

I write speculative fiction starring fierce heroines and daring heroes who make difficult choices along their great adventures, all with a generous dose of romance.

When I’m not snarking, writing, o

The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom (4 books)
  • Bright of the Moon (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #2)
  • An Ember in the Dark (Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #3)
  • Crown To Ashes (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #4)