Start by marking “Ghostgirl (Mercy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ghostgirl (Mercy, #1)

Ghostgirl

(Mercy #1)

She was brainwashed into believing she could save mankind.
Now, she’s the one who needs saving.

Abandoned with his two younger brothers, Milo Vega was placed in foster care. Now a twenty-year-old high-school senior covered in gang tattoos and working as the school’s janitor, he is living a life vastly different from the one he was destined for.

When another foster joins the
Published June 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Ghostgirl, please sign up.
April It's not necessarily a cliffhanger however there is a second book that you will want to read. The story continues in the second book.
Christina Sex is talked about but it's not described. Yes there is a second book to come…moreSex is talked about but it's not described. Yes there is a second book to come (less)

Start your review of Ghostgirl (Mercy, #1)
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

Such a unique and unforgettable story!Ghostgirl is one of these stories that you have to go blind this is what I did!I loved every minute of it and I couldn't stop reading!I was intrigued from the prologue and I wanted to learn more about Mercy!

description

Ghostgirl was an intense,raw and emotional.I had so many feelings while I was reading it and especially for Mercy!I adored Milo and Mercy, I loved every minute these two have together!I liked that Milo was protective and it was so sweet!I loved
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

[image error]

description

The author totally nailed the young adult feel and her dialogue was written to perfection. As for the storyline, it’s captivating and unique and I think the love that Milo develops for Mercy is truly special landing this book on my favorite of the year list!

"She’s a living Rorschach test. The inkblot. What people see when they look at her tells more about them than it does to define what she is.”

Milo Vega is fantastically written I mean I have to remind myself that he
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

GHOSTGIRL: is a full length contemporary romance novel by ‘J.B. Salsbury’ In this we meet Emilio aka Milo and Mercy.

I wonder if many like me went into this thinking it was a paranormal read? No one?? All righty then!! So it was a bit of a surprise realising that it in fact wasn’t a paranormal read.

Every box was ticked!!
The cover, luv it, it's unique and stands out!!
the synopsis, sounds amazing
the reviews, hooked
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“An extraordinary girl who longs to be ordinary.”

From the moment I saw the cover to Ghostgirl I knew this was one story I had to read and pronto. This artistic cover is positively breathtaking, and I know you should never judge a book by its cover, but I couldn’t help it with this one. It called out to me to be read and I loved it. I haven’t read a J.B. Salsbury story for such a long time, and to be honest, I have no idea why. This woman can seriously write with a prose that seems so
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Talk about being out of my comfort zone!!! I loved that this was remarkably different with an intense need of wanting to know more. The characters, the setting, the writing, everything was just different and it felt like a breath of cool air on a warm summer night. Ghost girl is a unique YA story that made me fall deeply in love with the power of the unknown.

Milo Vega has been through the ringer in the past few years in his personal life. Going in the system along with his younger brothers
Karla
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars**

Wow! This was really good! I wasn’t expecting it to be a slow burn but it worked so well for this story. The author did an amazing job building up the relationship between the MC’s Milo and Angel it made it more believable. I also liked that this was Milo’s POV which at first I thought I wouldn’t like but he was such a interesting character. There is flashbacks of angels past which I’m not a fan of but without them I know it would of been hard to understand Angel and her past.
Lo Bookfrantic
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5Stars

Genre: Young Adult/Romance
Type: Book 1 of Mercy Duet
POV: First Person – Dual mainly Male

This was such a great story, I truly enjoyed it a lot!! The plot twist was something I didn't see coming at all and the feels were amazing. Told from the hero's point of view and some back stories by the heroine this book was loaded with suspense, butterflies and lots of awesome feels....Will defiantly be reading book two of this duet soon.

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

“I sold my soul to the devil to save an angel.”

Ghostgirl is our favourite JB Salsbury book to date, no question. We love when an Author takes the plunge into writing something different, writes the story they want to write and takes a chance whilst believing in themselves. When an Author does exactly that, the reader feels their heart and soul threaded into the words.

‘Who knew I’d have such a bleeding heart for the freaky girl.’

This was a highly emotional dark romance with elements of
NiCoLeTa E.
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
***3-3,5 "Mi alma!!!" stars for me***

“This is just my life, the regular life of an abnormal girl who tried to be normal.” {Mercy}

God, i feel like an a$$hole now!!! And i don't have the time to explain all the reasons why I'm feeling like this!!!
The truth is that i liked the storyline a lot... It had some intriguing things inside, but at the same time, i was a little bit bored with the pace and the development of the story!!!
Yep, from one hand was a really good story, but from the other hand,
K. Webster
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! I loved this book!! Ghostgirl totally blew me away in a way I wasn't expecting! This story follows an albino girl named Mercy who's just trying to be normal after an entire lifetime of being brainwashed into believing she's an angel with healing powers. Foster home life is a constant reminder that she's not what she thought she was. But, in the harsh reality, she finds Milo....an ex-gangster who's trying to get his life together for his brothers. Their connection is anything but ...more
Helena Hunting
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a unique, beautiful story. I love the layers, the exploration of unconventional beauty, of difference, and even mental health. I can't wait for the second book in this duet to release!
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
description

“I sold my soul to the devil to save an angel.”

‘Who knew I’d have such a bleeding heart for the freaky girl.’

This was a highly emotional dark romance with elements of
Betül
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, reviewed, 2018
description

Ghostgirl was very refreshing, unique and a book I couldn't get enough of. I loved that the author had me guessing to what was going on throughout the story. I also enjoyed all the plot twists I didn't see coming. This book started out as a YA/NA book, with characters that you don't see a lot of in books. However, the author decided to take a different direction the last quarter, which I loved. JB took her time to really develop the story and the connection between the characters Mercy and Milo.
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it

description

I may not be an angel, but even ordinary people are capable of extraordinary things when faced with the life and death of those they love.

GHOSTGIRL was a unique, beautiful, unforgettable romance from the brilliant mind of J.B. Salsbury .

At first, I went into this thinking it was a paranormal read, but surprise, surprise it was not. Ghostgirl was not just another story, but a tale that was unlike anything I have ever read.

I absolutely loved Milo and Mercy’s tale. They were two souls brought
✿kawehi.reviews
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Coming from one of my top 5 go to authors, JB Salsbury delivers in this poignant story of love, family, friendship and forging your own path in the world. Born to inherit a life of crime, can Milo break away from his violent past while trying to build a better life for him and his brothers? And with Mercy being brought into the picture, will bringing this new girl into his family with her own turbulent demons be a blessing.... or a curse?

This story was far different from any JB Salsbury reads
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
This was my first J.B. Salsbury experience, and I am completely smitten. Honestly, this book was everything I've been looking for, and didn't even know it.

The story starts off with a bang, and the writing pulled me in immediately. No, seriously. I opened the book and then suddenly it was a couple hours later and I was just coming up for breath, already totally in love with every single thing I was reading. I was drawn to both Milo and Mercy's stories and loved them so much in all their furiously
⏃ : ✦ villainous_reads ⏃ : ✦
JB Salsbury has once again delivered with an intoxicating, riveting love story.

Ghostgirl begins with an absolute BANG...Milo Vega's life is in a downward spiral. Throughout the years him and his brothers have been put into foster care. They have been put through absolute hell but finally things are starting to look up. Milo has a plan, graduate high school, and adopt his younger siblings. Everything is falling into place, until new girl shows up.

Mercy is unique. Born with an extraordinary
Big Joe  Rossi
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
UGH!!!! I need book 2 now!!!!!

Mom is missing, likely dead. Dad on the run to Mexico. A gang he belongs to but wants nothing to do with. A foster family. His two brothers his main focus. Milo Vega is a 20 senior in high school trying to get by, do right, to rescue his brothers from his old life. When his foster parents decide to take in a new foster kid his world will implode.

Enter, Mercy, found barely alive in the desert, brainwashed to believe her albinism is a gift from god and she is a healer
Coozie
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fucking awesome. Hooked beginning to end. This book is incredibly intoxicating, tender yet gritty, and completely refreshing. The character dynamic keeps you committed, the dialogue (and often lack thereof) is utterly mesmerizing, and through it all, the thing that keeps this story sewn perfectly tight, is realism.

This book was incredibly realistic. From the inner monologue to the dialogue. At no point did I huff and puff or roll my eyes at any overused tropes or purple prose. There
AJ
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

A unique and heartfelt YA romance with the story of two unique foster kids from very different lives coming together and finding something unexpected. I’m a huge J.B. Salsbury fan and, as I have come to expect, this story is beautifully written, and I was captivated from start to finish by the honest and emotive storytelling. I loved this one.

Milo Vega and his brothers were born into a dangerous life. Their father was the leader of a Mexican gang, and it wasn’t until the disappearance
Dora Koutsoukou
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 s‼‼

Such a wonderful and unique story, utterly different from any other reading!
Nina
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading the ARC for Ghostgirl. I couldn't get through the pages fast enough. I've been reading non-stop since it hit my Kindle. Sneak reading at work and staying up late trying to finish because I had to know LOL. Ghostgirl is so different from what I’ve read previously in JB Salsbury books but don't let that deter you. I'm totally IN LOVE with where this is headed. It's going to blow your minds and I can't wait to see everyone fall in love with it too!

Milo is covered in
Piper Reagan
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An extraordinary girl who longs to be ordinary.

The tagline on the cover of Ghostgirl is the perfect description. It sums up a book, that is almost impossible to give justice with words in one sentence.

I'm going to do the best I can to explain what this book meant to me, without giving away any spoilers. ;)

Mercy's life as she knows it changes in the blink of an eye when she wakes up in a psychiatric facility. Questions come to fast, and answers she gives make it obvious that she was not raised
Cyndi Becker
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-2018
My first JB Salsbury read Fighting for Flight was also my first "dark" love story. In my experience she always delivers twist and turns, and her characters have a certain depth so that you feel them, feel what they are going through. Ghostgirl has this effect and is an entirely unique story. It's a YA "first love" story, but it's built on characters that are unlike any I've read. Mercy and Milo and their plight is heartwarming and their connection sweet and mystical, but there's much that comes ...more
Diary Of Book Fiend
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Milo and Mercy. It is more NA to begin with, which isn't usually something I read, but I absolutely adore everything J.B. Salsbury writes, so I stuck with it and I am really glad I did. I am not going to go into too many details, like I typically do in my reviews, because there is not a whole lot I can say without giving out spoilers.

Milo is in a foster home with his two blood brothers, he is saving his money up so that after graduation he can get custody of them and move
Lucie Lu's Book Reviews
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I have only read perhaps a handful of J.B. Salsbury’s novels, but I have loved every single one. My personal favourite being SPLIT. I loved the uniqueness of the story, it was like nothing else out there. It was clever and gripping, I did not want to put it down. Ghostgirl had the same effect on me. From the moment I read the blurb, I knew I had to get my hands on this book. Also don’t get me started on that cover!! Whooeee!! That is one stonkingly gorgeous cover!! Again, another reason for me ...more
Jamie
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: heroine-i-loved
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
This is one of those books that you read and you know it will stay with you long after you’ve finished the words on the page. I was not prepared for the journey that Salsbury took me on but was completely captivated by Milo and Mercy’s story. A riveting story of love, of acceptance, of sacrifice; I didn’t want it to end.

I don’t want to give away too much detail as I feel that the less you know beforehand, the more intense the experience will be. This is one of the most unique and gripping
Coco.V
Oct 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/8/18)!

Blurb:
She was brainwashed into believing she could save mankind.
Now, she’s the one who needs saving.

When another foster joins the family, this one from the psychiatric facility, Milo’s skeptical. A rare genetic
G. Small
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read this book, and my comments here are my honest opinion.

How I would describe this book is like having a dessert you’ve never had before and looks fantastic. You’re curious and cautious but you trust the baker who created it. Once you decide to dive in, you’re greeted with an unknown taste but you soon discover this unexpected delicious flavor dancing in your mouth. You can’t help but devour the treat and hope there’s more. This is this book! I trust the author and was presented
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• A Wish for Us
  • The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet, #1)
  • Tattered (Lark Cove, #1)
  • Perversion (Perversion Trilogy, #1)
  • The Truth About Us (The Truth Duet, #2)
  • Cry Baby
  • Salt (Heights, #1)
  • Possession (Perversion Trilogy, #2)
  • Unconscious Hearts (Hearts of Vegas, #1)
  • Beauty Found (Hades Hangmen, #6.5)
  • Timid (Lark Cove, #2)
  • Trailer Park Heart
  • Lost Boy
  • The Girl & Her Ren (The Ribbon Duet, #2)
  • Church (Church, #1)
  • Crew (Crew #1)
  • Behind Me
  • River Wild
J.B. Salsbury is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and two kids.

Her love of good storytelling led her to earn a degree in Media Communications. With her journalistic background, writing has always been at the forefront, and her love of romance propelled her career as an author.

She spends the majority of her day behind the computer

Mercy (2 books)
  • Saint (Mercy, #2)
“Be with me.”
“I don’t understand.”
“Be my…” Girlfriend? Fuck, why is this so awkward? Probably because you’ve never done it before, shitface. “I want you to be mine. Only mine.”
3 likes
“She tilts her head so slightly that I am pulled deeper into her gaze, as though she’s trying to tell me something or maybe trying to pull something out of me, and in doing so, she’s drawing me in. her glare probes deep, and I’m incapable of looking away. Her pale eyes search mine and hold me hostage.
Not until she changes her focus to my neck do I blow out a breath from the freedom of her release. “Holy shit,” I whisper.”
1 likes