Start by marking “Stone Cursed: Zodiac Shifters: Taurus (Highland Gargoyles, #6)” as Want to Read:
Stone Cursed: Zodiac Shifters: Taurus (Highland Gargoyles, #6)

Stone Cursed: Zodiac Shifters: Taurus

(Highland Gargoyles #6)

Locked in stone.

And is caught by Medusa's curse...

Published May 8th 2018 by Lisa Carlisle

To ask other readers questions about Stone Cursed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stone Cursed

Start your review of Stone Cursed: Zodiac Shifters: Taurus (Highland Gargoyles, #6)
T.M. Payne
Book Reviewed: Stone Cursed
My Rating: 5 Stars
Author: Lisa Carlisle
Publication Date:
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts

REVIEW
I just love Gargoyle shifter stories and this one is really good.
Alec doesn't feel at ease after leaving
But he will follow where his clan goes. However he heads out one evening to just destress and runs into more than he can handle.

Enter one who should be a enemy to him after all his clan faced at the hands of her kind but Alec and his beast think differently.
Firs
Eva Millien
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
New Release Review! Stone Cursed: Taurus (Highland Gargoyles #6 / Zodiac Shifters) Lisa Carlisle!

Locked in stone. On his night off from sentry duty, gargoyle shifter Alec heads out for a night flight. When he spots a strange green light, he soars closer to investigate. And is caught... Veda has had doubts about Kai since they left their coven to seek ley lines in the Scottish Highlands. When he curses a gargoyle with dark magic, she's forced to act. How can she free the gargoyle from his ston
Deb
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adult Fans of Fiction
Wow! Ms. Carlisle does it again with her brand new addition to the awesome Zodiac Shifters world! “Stone Cursed: Taurus” grabbed me from the start & held on tight through the end! Another unique storyline with well-defined characters & great attention to detail that will keep readers engaged & turning pages! I never write spoilers or recap blurbs, but I know when I’ve read a fantastic book to honestly recommend! I volunteered to read this in advance but without any outside influences & I also bu ...more
Sheryl
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alec encounters black magic on his return trip home and ends up getting tangled up with a sassy witch Veda when she saves him. On the run from the evil wizard Alec and Veda find a connection but is it safe for them to be together.

I am voluntarily leaving my honest review of this book. This is book 6 of the Highland Gargoyles series by the author.
Ana
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bewitched!

Alec never wanted to leave the Isle of Stone to the Highlands, but he had to follow his Clan as was his duty. His heart will always be there though, he remembers it in his daily flights over water. His clan and especially his father never forget the rift between gargoyles and witches, one of the reasons they decided to leave the Isle. Although Alec will never forget the murder of his mother when he was a wee lad by a witch, he also acknowledges that not all witches should be held accou
Cheri
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love gargoyle stories and the author has created a world where they are protectors and have clan loyalty. Alec is restless since his family has left their home. Their new home, a crumbling castle, doesn't give him the same comfort. Yet, his family loyalty forces him to remain. During a long flight to pass the time, he finds himself drawn into a strange light and ends up cursed by a dark warlock. When the warlock's companion sees his unnecessary evil act she plans to try to undo the evil spell- ...more
Linda Levine
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The author continues to work with the theme of gargoyles finding love with other kinds of paranormals. Gargoyles are not supposed to be with witches but that doesn't stop Alec and Veda from growing closer as they work to keep safe from another.

I enjoyed the story and the characters. It is well written and has a good mix of action and romance. Alex and Veda have great chemistry and their romance works well. The story complements the author's earlier series titled Knights of Stone very well and I
Raina Collins
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to the Zodiac Shifters series and the Knights of Stone series. I love gargoyle stories. They are as hard headed as you would expect. But one little witch will change this gargoyle and show him that not all witches are bad. A little action and adventure with a few heated scenes.

I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of the book.
Sher
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alec takes off for a night flight..To enjoy the stars and relax....He suddenly see's a strange green light in the distance...he flies in to investigate..
Veda, a witch, left her home in the mountains to help Kai find ley lines to increase their powers.. But she finds out he wants to increase his dark magic powers..
When Kai curses Alec, Veda intervenes...Putting them both on the run.
Can a witch and a gargoyle learn to work together to end the hatred in their pasts?
Great new read in the Highla
Sheila
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Calder Gargoyle Clan has relocated to the Highlands of Scotland, their ancestral home. They used to live on the Isle of Stone, located in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Scotland. Humans had discovered the Island and the Alpha decided to relocate the clan with the exception of five brothers.
Alec is maybe regretting the relocated. He misses the smell of the Ocean and the sounds of the waves crashing against the rocky cliffs. On his night off from patrol duties, he flies north over mountai
Sherry Westendorf
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have a feeling I missed some books before this one. He is a gargoyle shifter. He goes out for a night flight and sees this mysterious light and goes to it and is turned to stone. A witch saves him and Kai isn't liking it. They have to go on the run now. I was given a review copy by booksprout and voluntarily review it.
Pam
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great read! This was my first read in this series and now I want to go start at the beginning. It has strong characters, adventure and danger, magic, and falling in love all rolled up together.
Wendy
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story started a little slow then took off into a magical and well developed world. I loved the characters. Loved the relationship building. I could see the world in my head as this author developed it. I fell for this gargoyle right along with Veda. I do love a good gargoyle story and this was definitely good. I read it straight through and now intend to go read the others in the series. Great read.
Cheryl Drake johnson
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book Alec the gargoyle meets a witch, a witch killed his mother and his family would say that he should have left her to die even though she helped him first when her friend the wizard decided that Alec was a spy. They get to know each other and find they have a lot that brings them close and their feelings closer. A romance with some violence. I was given a copy as a gift from author. I am providing an honest review without obligation.
Tanya
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
he went out for a night out but he was caught in a trap and now he was casted in stone. she thinks what kal has in mind and she is shocked at what he does but she decides to try to save him without getting into trouble herself. w3ill she be able to do it? see if she can save him

Alta Schwenk
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Great read!

Received this book in exchange for a honest review.

What an awesome read. I had to go back and find the others in the Zodiac series. A magical world with characters written so real that they become real in your mind whilst reading. Just enough action and romance...

Cali Jewel
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emotionally thrilling, sexy, charming, gripping and entertaining romantic adventure for two highly magical beings. Enjoyed every heart pounding twist and turn.

A witch and a Gargoyle are thrown together to fight evil and are falling as they face a dangerous battle. Whats not to love. I highly enjoyed reading this exciting and romantic journey filled with undeniable passion and magic.
Barbara
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book six of the Highland Gargoyles series a well-written story that kept my interest from the beginning until the end. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Christine Karmelreads2665 W.
Finding Your Place

If you have ever felt out of place and wondered what the future holds for you, then this book is a good place to start.

Veda will take a chance on changing her life. The question is will she be successful?

Alec chooses duty of his own wants. Will it lead him to the place he is meant to be?

By reading this book you may get the answers you didn't know you were looking for.
Scarolet Ellis
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love read about gargoyles and this author wrote it the right way. there is action and romance and it all takes place in the Highlands of Scottland. I loved reading this book alot. I can not wait till I can read her next book.

Lisa
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story. Loved the chemistry of the main characters. I recommend this book.

****Gifted copy *****
L
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance, trr
Stone Cursed is the sixth book in the Highland Gargoyles series, although it can be read as a standalone being as it is part of the Zodiac Shifters set too. Some references are made to the other gargoyles - where they live, why they left, the war, etc, but nothing you need to read for this to make sense.

Alec is one of the shifters who left the Isle of Stone to move to the Highlands of Scotland. He misses the sea though, so takes every opportunity to fly near to it. On one such flight, he hears v
Keoki Ki`Ili
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love it when an author continues with the world they've created. This book explores a member of the clan that left the Isle of Stone and returned to the Highlands. The characters are thrust together when dark magic is welded against them. They both learn to deal with prejudices taught from without as they find their way towards each other.
Deborah
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She's Made A Mistake

This is a entertaining read about a witch who falls for gargoyle after he was turned to stone by a dark spell. Reversing the spell placed both of their lives in danger. Is she duplicating her earlier error? Enjoy I did.
Heidi
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Story was cute

This story was cute, not as good as the brothers books but def worth the read. Love this author all her stories are so great and well written
shelby walker
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
enjoyed and still reading as much as i can find
Melvena Asa
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stone Cursed

Excellent addition to this series. Exciting full of adventures and mystery. Keeps you guessing until the very end. Loved it.
Toula
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great PNR story . It has a Gargoyle. And the heroine is a witch .
They meet when a nasty witch tries to do evil spells . Our hero sees them when he is flying around. The evil witch puts a spell on our hero and he can’t move at all .
Our heroine is a kind souled witch . She was tricked and followed the evil one. She needs to save our hero. Will she and how will she
Emily Dickson
May 10, 2018
Chris
Dec 14, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover 3 18 May 02, 2018 12:44PM

• King of Flames (Fae of Fire and Ash Book 1)
  • The Ice King's Secret (Fae of Darkness, #3)
  • King of Frost (Fae of Darkness, #2)
  • Lord of Winter (Fae of Darkness, #1)
  • Imperfect (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #5)
  • Doctor Dragon's Fake Bride (Irish Dragon Shifter Brothers, #2)
  • Billionaire Dragon's Nanny (Irish Dragon Shifter Brothers #1)
  • Seduced by Lies (The Seduced Saga, #4)
  • Seduced by Power (The Seduced Saga, #3)
  • Seduced by Pain (The Seduced Saga, #2)
  • Seduced by Darkness (The Seduced Saga, #5)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • Lock (Club Crimson, #2)
  • Officer Max
  • Vulnerable (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #1)
  • Fearless (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #2)
  • Shane (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #2.5)
  • Shattered (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #4)
USA Today bestselling author Lisa Carlisle loves stories with dark, brooding heroes and independent heroines. She’s honored to be a multi-published author writing in different genres since she’s wanted to be a writer since the sixth grade. For much of her professional career, she’s written non-fiction — but she’s discovered writing romance is the most fun. Her romances have been named Top Picks at ...more

Highland Gargoyles (7 books)
  • Knights of Stone: Mason (Highland Gargoyles, #1)
  • Knights of Stone: Lachlan (Highland Gargoyles, #2)
  • Knights of Stone: Bryce (Highland Gargoyles, #3)
  • Knights of Stone: Seth (Highland Gargoyles, #4)
  • Knights of Stone: Calum (Highland Gargoyles, #5)
  • Knights of Stone: Gavin (Highland Gargoyles, #7)

News & Interviews

“You must hate witches now.”
He pulled his gaze from her and stared back at the constellations. “I thought I did.”
He leaned toward her and took a lock of her hair, watching it as he ran it through his fingers. “Until I met you.”
2 likes
“Alec moved his mouth over her neck and the top edge of her breasts. “You must really want me to heat you up.” A hint of humor sparkled through the deep velvet tone.
“To volcanic levels,” she replied.”
1 likes