Start by marking “On the Rocks (Last Call, #1)” as Want to Read:
On the Rocks (Last Call, #1)

On the Rocks (Last Call #1)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  7,380 Ratings  ·  675 Reviews
Hunter Markham left home to travel the world for fame and glory, finding it as a top ranked professional surfer. Now he’s returned home to the sand and salty breeze of the North Carolina Outer Banks so he can open The Last Call, a beach bar nestled among the dunes of the Atlantic.

Five years ago, Gabby Ward drunkenly threw herself at her best friend’s brother, only to have
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 260 pages
Published February 17th 2014 by Big Dog Books

To ask other readers questions about On the Rocks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Rocks

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Tu4 by sb_zpswhqu0wrf.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (3/5/2016)

Stand-alone book 1.

BLURB:
He left to travel the world for fame and glory, but only after spurning Gabby Ward and crushing her young heart. Now Hunter Markham has come back home to the sand and salty breeze of the North Carolina Outer Banks so he can open up Last Call, a beach bar nestled among the dunes of the Atlantic.

Patrycja

Release Date: February 17th , 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

As in her previous books, Sawyer Bennett delivers exactly the same kind of toe curling, butterflies in belly romance that fans of sweet, cute and delicious will eat up. It’s one of those stories that quickly grab your attention and make you smile and giggle. Full of sexy, steamy moments, witty banters, stubborn heroine and drool w
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

Hunter Markham is delicious pro surfer, this book is all about him!

photo 93a414823eef612a5e7757683e97248b_zps49406804.jpg

photo 49bc56583ae5f01f0a7faa0ba4d62232_zpsa753a272.jpg

And Gabby, his sister's best mate, who I enjoyed her but by the end of the way, I just wanted to slap her for so stupid and pushover, silly woman!

photo ThNp6dn_zps36462867.jpg

photo 766464_zps76f4a50b.gif

This all about being childhood mates, sharing a kiss then running away from 5 years, then they meet again, sparks fly, then they become couple, finally there are some challenges.

I was hoping for WOW but it was MEH! The story line was predictable.

Hence, if you want a surfer boy in
Lyndy Ann ♫
A new series from Sawyer Bennett is always a good thing.

I enjoyed this getting to know Gabby and Hunter and how their relationship changes throughout the story from a crush to hate to love.

Gabby could be annoying at times though

Everything you except from a SB book, cool characters, hot sex and laughs.

Can't wait to get to know the rest of the gang better.
Sara➽ (Ink Is My Sword)
3 “Hunter->YEAH/ Gabby->AGH” Stars
”No one knows where anything is going… not for sure. Who’s to say we need to know what waits for us? Maybe all we need to know is that we don’t want to stay where we are.”

FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED.
description

After an awful night of sleep because of douche neighbors, I got the urge to start re-reading this series, and I am so glad I didn’t procrastinate on it as I usually do. This series brought me back to my first stages as a reader, discovering a whole new world o
Catarina
3,5 Surfing Stars.

Gabby and Hunter know each other since they were kids, and as the younger sister best-friend she has the mandatory crush on Hunter. Everything changes when she has 18 and they share a moment that Hunter immediately regrets and leave Gabby broken-hearted for the next five years, when Hunter is running the world and becoming the world’s most famous surfer.

description

Now, a few years later, he’s back and both of them are changed. Having to work together things quickly escalate between them
S.M. West
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie, sexy-athlete
4 HUNTER STARS

I really enjoy Sawyer's books especially her men and in this one, I was all in for the Markham brothers!! Hunter and Brody...

This was a fun, quick read and while the plot was predictable, I loved the best friend's brother romance between Hunter and Gabby.
 photo ontherocks_zpsd996be65.jpg

Hunter was just perfect: hot, sexy, funny pro surfer. Gabby got on my nerves at times for her cowardice and bitchiness although I understood why she acted the way she did. She'd been hurt by Hunter before and was scared of gettin
Jennifer Kyle
It's hard to follow a Coho book...

DNF @ 52 %

Gabby went in for a kiss on her best friend's brother, Hunter on the night of her graduation and was completely shot down. Years later, Hunter the surfer pro is running a bar and Gabby has gotten his attention. She's bitchy but he's all into to her...

"I figured out that you and I...that we're going to happen no matter what."

description

This is a fast moving story but I just don't care to continue. I don't care for Gabby at ALL. It was six years ago come on alrea
Kara
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kara by: Sawyer Bennett
WHAT?! Ms Bennett has a new series! Yup, I got out my happy dance!

We meet Hunter a former surfer turned bar owner.

AND we meet Gabby who is almost a college grad turned construction manager.

This book was a great read (like you had any doubts after reading any of her other books). Ms Bennett can take a great and create a fabulous read! I devoured it in almost one complete sitting (thanks hubby for the time!) - this author always can make me float into my heaven while I forget the world around m
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
2 stars

Best friend's brother story. Hunter and Gabby share a kiss. Hunter broke Gabbys heart and 5 years later she is still bitter over it. These two had a few chances over the years to talk about the kiss and when they did suddenly 5 years later everything was fine and happy? I wasnt convinced!

I found Gabby irritating, gullible, a pushover. Her actions at the end was just plain stupid, got me soo mad.

It didnt work for me as I love Sawyer Bennetts other series but Gabby was just too immature f
✿kawehi.reviews
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
description

I'll admit, I initially embarked on this read with a lot of trepidation as I had only read one book from this author, Off Sides, and didn't hit it off well with that.

BUT..Luckily for this book...

On the Rocks, actually WON me over!! I won't go and say that it's the best book I've ever read in my life but it's different and definitely showed a lot of growth from what my last recollection of Ms. Bennett's work!! And PLUS, it had surfing in it!! I LOVE surfing!! I'm from HAWAI'I for crying
Geri Reads
3 stars!!

I really enjoyed Sawyer Bennett's previous books especially her Off Series. While this book does have its good points, I just kept noticing the bad things to truly enjoy it. I liked it enough but I wasn't wowed by it.

The characters were okay. I actually enjoyed Hunter very much and Gabby was likable. It took me a while to relate to her because her reaction to Hunter's rejection was a little OTT. (view spoiler)
Auntee
Good story but Gabby nearly ruined it for me...
Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
Currently free on Amazon!

THREE STARS!

I had previously read Objection and enjoyed it so I was happy to try another book from Sawyer Bennett, thinking I would definitely love this read. And I was both right and wrong. Right in the sense that there were genuinely awesome, feel good sections to the book, and wrong in the sense that when parts were bad, they made me want to beat the ever loving hell out of my kindle.

On the Rocks starts with a kiss between long time family friends, Gabriella Ward an
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – On the Rocks (Last Call #1)
Author – Sawyer Bennett
Publication Date – February 17, 2014
Type – No Cliffhanger Series
Genre – Romance, New Adult
Rating – 3 out of 5 Stars

Book provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Review
I did enjoy the dual POV between Hunter and Gabby but for some reason, I just couldn’t connect with Gabby. I found her giving in too easy at end and over dramatic in the beginning. I would like her and then after a few chapters, I was back to rolling my eyes. Othe
Sunny
This is an ARC review. 4.5 stars.

What an OUTSTANDING start to a new series from Sawyer Bennett. I can tell this one is going to rival my beloved "Off" series. There are many reasons to love this book, but here are my top:

1. It's Sawyer Bennett and her amazing ability to write poignant and passionate stories.
2. She creates believable worlds with hunky heroes and relatable heroines.
3. Her characters could be your best friends. You like them that much. They are funny, loyal, compassionate, and s
Jamie
What's there not to LOVE about a smokin hot surfer...that really a good guy...

Hunter

and the beautiful young woman that's loved and hated him forever...Due to one kiss that meant everything to her and seemingly nothing to him...

Gabby

Gabby and Hunter have been a part of each others lives since they were kids... she's best friends with his sister Casey so she grew up lusting after him.. Hunter is 4 years older so always saw her as like a little sister..and both of their parents are close.

Hu
Vasiliki
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd liked this book.

The story was there, the characters were there and the passion was there.

Unfortunately the way of writing was not the best in my opinion. Half of the book was about the decision of Hunter and the actual romance was quickly resolved before 40% of the book!

Let's just say the book was not developed as I would like to!

Bur I was excited to see how it will end, although it was kind of expected, that I finished it in one day!

If you would like some light reading, with some passion a
Yiota Misiou
3,5 αστέρια
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Re-read on May 4, 2018.
Read on February 18, 2014.
------------
The heroine is very annoying and lost a star.
Joëlle
Mar 01, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
FREE on Amazon US at the moment (March 1 2016)
Lynsey A
I have the boxed set of these Kindle books but I am reviewing each one of them individually on their own.

Oh where do I start? I was already nervous about reading this book because I knew the heroine would be a bit disagreeable because of her past history with the hero. However, I persevered and started reading the book.

From the beginning, Gabby annoyed me with her behavior toward Hunter after he rebuffed her when they were teenagers. Instead of acting like an adult (when she became one) she cont
Vanessa
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-selected
I love Sawyer Bennett, I have also read all her books and happen to be one of the lucky people on this earth that gets to read her books for reviews before they come out and I am loved this one just as much as the Off series!! I can already tell that this series is going to be another one of my favorites with her. In this story we meet Gabby and Hunter who have once upon five years ago shared a steamy hot kiss with an outcome that crushed Gabby's young heart. Fast forward five years and 22 year ...more
Nikki
This was an ok, second chance, love/hate romance. It was going fairly well (thinking 3.5, maybe 4) up until the last 10%ish when Gabby just really sealed her fate in my dumbass heroine shelf.
description
This book had a lot of potential, it was very hot, and I loved this author's other series. I don't think I am going to continue one with this one because the MC's and side characters (who will eventually be MC's) were just very immature, almost to the point where I felt like I was reading young adult vs. th
J
DNF at 90%. I just could not take the female lead any more. I know, at 90% I was so close but I finally said to myself I really don't care how this ends. I have so many other books to read I'll go to something else. I still love Sawyer Bennett just not this book.
Emily
It wasn't a bad book just a bit too slow and uneventful I suppose. Felt a little like I was just finishing reading to get it over and done with...
Coco.V
May 03, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (5/3/2018)!💝

Blurb:

Gabby Ward is not happy that Hunter has returned. Bitter over his rebuff years before, she’s content to stay far away from him and his dangerously charming ways.

Ga
Michelle [Helen Geek]
03/12/2015 --

Another really good read from Sawyer Bennett. I really like her consistency. I may not get 5 Star reads from her, but I get really good, 3 to 4 Star reads every single time. I can live with that. Why? Because I know I'll like the characters and the story won't be bad. Not crazy detailed, though I think this author could knock that OUT of the park, if she were so inclined. But decent. Know?

I picked this one up because I requested #3 from Netgalley [Wyatt's story] and wanted to get c
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
Hot, sweet, tender, hard - On the Rocks was just what I needed right now!

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Bark
May 02, 2018 marked it as own-tbr
Free for the Kindle today @ Amazon US.
  • Second Chance (Running Into Love, #3)
  • Bound (Fire on Ice, #1)
  • Felix  (5th Street, #5)
  • Incinerate (Explosive, #2)
  • First Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles, #1)
  • Fool for You (For You, #1)
  • The Wild Side (Forever Wild, #4)
  • Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1)
  • Broken (Save Me, #2)
  • Caught in a Jam (Love and Skate, #4)
  • Love and Relativity (Preservation)
  • Deep Down (The OGs, #1)
  • Frenched (Frenched, #1)
  • Take Two (Lights, Camera, #1)
  • His to Lose (Cannon Cousins, #4)
  • Ready to Love (Damaged Hearts, #1)
  • Past Imperfect (Perfect, #2)
  • Brave (Oni Fighters, #1)
Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released multiple books, many of which have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists.

A reformed trial lawyer from North Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new adult
More about Sawyer Bennett

Last Call (5 books)
  • Make It a Double (Last Call, #2)
  • Sugar on the Edge (Last Call, #3)
  • With a Twist (Last Call, #4)
  • Shaken, Not Stirred (Last Call, #5)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Out of the three of us, she was the only one to graduate. Casey and I both dropped out. But rather than taking a seat on the family throne, she once again thumbed her nose and moved to Nags Head permanently, where she promptly put her inheritance to work by opening the islands’ only no-kill animal shelter, simply called The Haven. She funds it entirely and works tirelessly helping homeless and abused animals have a second chance at life.” 0 likes
“It’s almost seven AM by the time I make it to the Markham residence in the tiny town of Avon, which sits on Hatteras Island where we all grew up.” 0 likes