Start by marking “How to Catch a Magical” as Want to Read:
How to Catch a Magical

How to Catch a Magical

If you want to catch a Magical, you have to go about it the right way.

You have to have the right tools, the right training, a certain disregard for danger and a flair for the dramatic. Oh, and it helps if you inherit your father’s wicked bounty hunter skills, which give you superhuman reflexes and senses.

It’s really hard without the last one.

Andromeda Nyx has all the skill

To ask other readers questions about How to Catch a Magical, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Catch a Magical

Start your review of How to Catch a Magical
Montzalee Wittmann
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How to Catch a Magical by Samuel Thews is a book I requested and the review is voluntary. Wow, this is such a smart, well thought out, fantastic, fantasy book for middle grade and teens. Like Harry Potter and other great kid books made for middle grade and teens, these books and this one cross the age line where everyone can enjoy the books! I am in my sixties and totally loved this book. The characters were very well developed with real dialogue. The plot was unpredictable and kept me on my toe ...more
Liz
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jessica Bronder
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Andromeda Nyx was ten years old she developed powers and was sent to train to hunt magical creatures. Now, five years later she is bored hunting the little ones and wants to go after a bigger creature. So she goes out on her own and finds herself catching a messenger Sprite that choses her as the ambassador for the hunters. Nyx finds herself in Humnara, the Magical’s world. It seems they are planning a war for humans and it’s up to Nyx to stop them.

This is a great story for middle grade rea
Melanie Mason
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an intriguing book. I loved the premise and I started out loving Nyx, but after the first bit the book slowed down and was hard to keep going. Nyx lost a lot of her intriguing characteristics. Then I got to the last third of the book and the pace picked back up and I got drawn into the story and Nyx's experiences. I enjoyed the ending and how things worked out, but it still left a few openings to further the story. It's a good story if you want to spend some time getting into the world ...more
Melissa
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Alicia
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a fun fantasy. With a Harry Potter type feel, its definately a world of its own. I liked the world building. The characters were a tiny bit flat for me, but the premise was fun. I was intrigued enough to keep reading. It was a magical world, the plot was interesting. I'd definately visit again if there's a sequel. ...more
Chrissy Busick
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fans of Harry Potter, Supernatural, and other similar series are in for a great read with this book. Andromeda Nyx is like a cross between Harry Potter and the Winchester brothers. This book has excitement at every turn. I hope there are more books to follow.
Rob Hestar
Elizabeth Tarlow
Wendy
Peggy
May 21, 2018
I love to read and write. My reading encompasses just about everything whereas my writing is fixed within the fantasy and paranormal realm, particularly for younger MG/YA readers as writing these is the most fun!

I also love the outdoors and enjoy living in a small neighborhood in the woods of North Carolina with my beautiful wife and daughter and our four (that's right FOUR) cats.

News & Interviews