Start by marking “A Dance For Two” as Want to Read:
A Dance For Two

A Dance For Two

Adam and Luc used to be close. At least they were before Luc distanced himself from Adam at fourteen, then eventually left home. Adam never got over the sting of betrayal, or the loss of his one-time best friend.

When Luc is invited back home to help get his parents’ failing dance school back on track, Adam isn’t sure he can cope with having his stepbrother back in his life
Published (first published June 26th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about A Dance For Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dance For Two

Start your review of A Dance For Two
~Volha~
** 3.5 stars**

This book has a balanced amount of angst and sweetness. The stepfamily trope is not exactly my favorite but this was a very enjoyable read. Two stepbrothers who are as close as can be until one becomes a bully instead of a friend. Time passes and the chasm between them only grows bigger. But when family has trouble Luc drops everything to help even if the unwanted feelings towards his stepbrother Adam are still way too close to the surface.

The tension between them escalates to the
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, 2018
What if your feelings for your stepbrother aren’t only brotherly feelings...?

After years of being away from home his mom calls to say they need his help to continue their dance school... so there goes Luc... back home and he has to face his brother.
Adam is deeply hurt when suddenly his brother turns his back to him and even more hurtful, he just left and never returned... until now.

A moving story with anger, lust, hot and steamy love and compassion.
Good written, captivating and enough developed.
Gabi
I usually like stepbrother romance stories. And I don’t have a problem with incest either, not that I read much, but with those I did read, I could decide if it felt right to me or not. If the love is all encompassing, then I don’t care that they are brothers by blood, or just adopted.

This book however threw me for a loop. I loved Adam’s initial reaction to his stepbrother’s advances, but he gave in too quickly in my opinion. And I couldn’t decide if their relationship was right or wrong, becaus
Karen
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars rounded down to 3 because still no 1/2 stars here on GR and this one didn't quite make the bump up zone for me...full review below...

This one poses an interesting moral dilemma…

What makes someone your brother?

Adam and Luc grew up together. When Luc’s mom marries Adam’s dad the two also decide to adopt each other’s child making them all legally family. This was all well and good until the boys are older and Luc realizes that his feelings for Adam are much more than brotherly or even
haletostilinski
I think this was mostly just meh for me. Not because it was step-brothers, but because the chemistry just wasn't really there. It was at first, I felt, but when Adam found out about how Luc felt, and it didn't go well, and took him a long time to be okay with it. Also, his transition from resisting to accepting it didn't feel very organic to me.

Also, even after they're together they think things like "he hugged his brother" or "he took his brother's hand" and i was just kind of like...why didn'
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

I’m torn because I can’t decide how I feel about Luc and Adam’s feelings about being together. I know they have been raised as brothers from the time they were quite young, even to the point of each boy's parent adopting the other. When Luc starts having feelings that are not so brotherly at the age of 14, he lashes out and pushes Adam away, making Adam despise him. He eventually leaves for University and doesn’t return home, settling in the city.

Now, he is back to try to help save his p
Tanja
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good. Beautifully written with raw and intense emotions. Their dance for two is not an easy one, but love and understanding go a long way.
Adam and Luc are stepbrothers and have always loved each other. During their teens, Luc discovers his love is different than for a brother. The only way he knows to react is to lash out and turn his back on his brother. Ever since his relationship with Adam is strained.
Now, Luc is back to help their parents save their dance studio. He can use
Nazanin ex-Profile
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

I felt like Adam's feelings for Luc were quite rushed. He went from being disgusted, to being in denial and then in love way too fast. The author didn't really provide enough content on his emotional struggle. I think if the author had included some flashbacks of their teenage years together it would have made the transition a bit smoother. Overall, it was a nice read since I love taboo stories.
Kim
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’ve read this author before. This was a mm contemporary story with Luke and Adam, step brothers as the main characters. I listened to the audiobook. This book was set in the UK in the ballet world. I’ll read more from this author.
Joscelyn Smith
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Adam and Luc, seeing them reconnect and work towards their HEA made for an engrossing story. From that fateful phone call that set everything in motion to the very last page, I couldn't stop reading. I'm really hoping that Mason has a book in the works because I want to see more of him.
Josh Dale
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, family
Luc and Adam have had a roller coaster ride of a relationship. when their parents married they became stepbrothers. and were very close to one another. Then when Luc realised he was falling in love with Adam, he distance himself and did some stupid things to make Adam hate him. And he moved to the city.

Luc Knows he hurt Adam badly, but what was he supposed to do?

Adam just does not get why Luc distanced himself and did the stupid things he did.

They are thrown together once more when their mother
Ayla
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a first-time author for me and I really enjoyed this book. It was well-written and I liked both MCs, Luc and Adam. I love a good taboo book, and while stepbrothers are not super taboo, there was just enough to make it extra hot.

The story was a little angsty just for the fact that Luc and Adam basically resented each other in different ways and so the tension between the two of them was high. I personally liked this because I was waiting for it to explode. It was nice to see the evoluti
Claudia
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
omg I love this book so hard!!!
Luc and Adam are so sweet and awesome together!!!
Being Step brothers bring them a lot of judgments and pain... but the heart loves who the heart loves...
AWESOME BOOK 😍
Sadaharuhi
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
surprisingly well written
DepictonFiction
Enjoyable read. It irked me that Adam was quick to forgive and forget the bullying by his brother.
Amy
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-them
These boys were so hot and incredibly sweet!
Claudia Lezár
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
PLEASE READ FIRST MY RATING SYSTEM!!!
To my ratings (thanks to amazon I had to change it again and 'upgrade' it a little bit. 5* is now 5,5* and my old 3* is now a 4*):

5,5* - very very good and rare (it would be a Blow-Away-book like 'Liberty' from Seth King,
'Save the kids' series
from EM Leya or 'Jesse's Smile' from Angelique Jurd), it's like an A+
5* - very good and will be often reread and is a WOW-book with interesting plot and surprises
(like most of Andrew Grey books), it's like an A
The Redhead
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
scorching hot love story between stepbrothers

Adam and Luc stole my heart. Their forbidden love, the twisting of emotions tugged my heartstrings. The sexual tension which brewed for years hung like a dark cloud until it reached capacity and just couldn’t hold anymore. Their intimate connect could not be contained. When they give in to their feelings the heat the create burned and made me squirm with the sexiness.
This love story between step brothers might seem wrong to some but I see is as find
Nephylim Nephylim
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Adam and Luc’s story was a joy to share. The author did a great job of drawing two very different characters, coming from very different perspectives. At first glance one might think Adam and Luc couldn’t be more different but they are actually rather similar in personality. Both give their all to their chosen careers, both have made huge sacrifices to do what they think is right and both like to have the upper hand – of themselves and each other.
I loved that the story revolved around a dance sc
Ashley
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bb-review
Luc has been in love with his step-brother since they were teenagers. He's always done the one thing he could think of to keep the boundary of step-brothers between he and Adam. He pushed Adam away, fought his attraction tooth and nail and in the process he lost any kind of relationship he once had with Adam.

When he learns that his parent's business is in jeopardy and he has the marketing skill that may make a difference, he can't stay away. Even if Adam is going to be there. They're antagonist
Maria Vickers
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audiobook review...

A Dance for Two by Colette Davison is a love story that will tug at the reader's emotional heartstrings as well as their mind. It does have some taboo aspects in it, but honestly, if I was in the book, I would have supported the characters fully. Before we get into all that though, this is an audiobook review. So let's break it down.

Story: 4.5 stars

A Dance for Two is the story of two stepbrothers, Luc and Adam, and the love they share. There is a lot to this and what happens
Monica S
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emotional, heartbreaking, finding each other and second chance.
This book has all of that and more. Reading the story of Luc and Adam that are stepbrothers but raised together as brothers from when they were small and thinking that them being together was wrong.
Luc and Adam were best friends growing up until about 14 when Luc realized that he had feeling for his stepbrother Adam. Feelings that he didn't know how to handle so he started distancing himself from Adam but also started to bully hi w
Xanthe
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first experience reading Colette's work and I really enjoyed it.
The story is full of tense times and emotions as Adam and Luc are reunited after four years apart when Luc left home for Uni, and before that he withdrew from their close relationship as he found himself attracted to his stepbrother. Adam never knew why and struggled with his negative feelings towarda Luc.
The initial reuniting of the stepbrothers is full of tension, hidden feelings and questions from Adam. We get the stor
Terri
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Luc and Adam became stepbrothers as children, and when they were young teens, Luc realized that he was in love with Adam. He handled his realization badly and cruelly pushed Adam away for years. Now, Luc has come home for a short time to try to help save the family's failing dance studio, which is run by Adam and their parents. Luc's feelings for his stepbrother haven't changed, and he ends up telling Adam the truth during a heated confrontation. The story has moments that are very angsty and em ...more
Kathryn Manzella
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Dance For Two by Colette Davison is the story of two step brothers who fall in love.

Growing up, Adam and Luc were close... until one day Luc started to back off and left Adam wondering what happened to take his step brother from best friend to bully. It's a betrayal that still stings years later when Luc comes back home to help their parents out at their family dance studio.

Eventually Adam finds out the reason why Adam had to back away and eventually leave - he is in love with him, always ha
Sarita Chapdelaine
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
There are a lot of things that I like about this book but I also found it difficult and uncomfortable to read at times. The continual reminders that Luc and Adam are stepbrothers especially during intimate moments between them are unnecessary and even a bit weird. It is disconcerting to find out more than halfway through the book that they have lived as brothers since they were very young children. Luc having romantic feelings towards Adam since he was fourteen also came across as a bit creepy. ...more
Dixiecowgirl
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Passionate, heartbreaking, soul mending, reach for your dreams kind of story. I really loved the writing and the character development was amazing. There is some angst in this story, however it felt authentic to me as each person deals with working their way through the emotions of the step-brothers having a boyfriend relationship. Each significant person is given a voice in this story and i loved that care was given to each person.

Luc and Adam are really amazing together and i loved that they
Valerie
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book from Colette Davison and it was emotional and satisfying. Luc works way too hard and it's obvious that he doesn't have a life. When his mom calls and explains the problems they are having with their dance studio and asks for his help, Luc has to swallow his feelings for his stepbrother Adam and head home to help his family.

Luc discovered his feelings for Adam at a young age and distanced himself, choosing to keep his feelings to himself. And by doing that, by the time Luc w
F.R. O'Regan
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A new Author for me, and I thought why not, I loved this book.
Despite the Step-brothers thing it has going on, It means nothing they are two guys in love as Adam comes to terms with his past. Why did Luc treat him so badly? Why did He leave? and more importantly why he couldnt treat Luc with the respect a step-brother should. He disliked him for the way he had walked out on the family, not ever realising why.
After a failed night out, and questions the next morning Adam wants the truth. Of why Lu
Amy Dufera
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Dance for Two is my kind of book. Colette Davison creates a wonderful stepbrother romance that takes place over time.

At 14, Luc started noticing his stepbrother Adam in a new light. He knows it is wrong to be attracted to Luc, so he starts distancing himself from Adam. Adam, having no idea why, feels hurt and betrayed by Luc's sudden actions.

Years later, Luc has returned home at the request of his parents. And damn it, the attraction is still as strong as ever. Luc is going to have to find a

• Gentle Hand (Perfect Hands #2)
  • Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • More Than Blood (Blood #1)
  • Embracing Faith (Embrace #1)
  • Blank Canvas (Irons and Works, #2)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Secrets & Lies
  • Two Alphas, One Omega (Men of Meadowfall, #4)
  • Kiss and Run (Valentine's Inc. #4)
  • Snow Job (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #5)
  • The Accidental Master (The Accidental Master #1)
  • Pop Star (Famous #1)
  • Candy Hearts (So Over the Holidays, #2)
  • Master by Choice (The Accidental Master #2)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • How Not to Blend (Lovestrong #1)
I'm an indie author from the UK, who writes contemporary and paranormal M/M romance. My books have flawed characters, happy endings, and lots of heart.

VISIT MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE: