Start by marking “Ascension: Volume I, Part I” as Want to Read:
Ascension: Volume I, Part I

Ascension: Volume I, Part I

**An Interracial Fantasy Romance**

Eleven years of Parker Stevens' life have sped by, the time moving so slowly, he’d assumed he would be in the mental institution forever for the murders he’d committed when he was fifteen. His days are monotonous and uneventful...until he is released and meets her.

She elicits a feeling in him so strong that a power awakens within his v
Published April 30th 2018 by ZachEvans Creative Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ascension, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ascension

Start your review of Ascension: Volume I, Part I
Kenya Wright
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm heading to part two right now. :-)
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Now I am at the end of the story I am at a bit of a loss as to what to write that would aptly portray my opinion of this book. This is my first experience with the author and the narrators so I did not know what to expect. Based on the rave reviews I came across for this title and the synopsis I expected an exciting read/listen. Sorry to say I am in the minority with regard to the rave reviews as the story failed to deliver what I expected. I guess this one was not for me.

Story
The story had pote
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting book. It got a little confusing at times trying to keep the characters and their lineage straight. But by the end I found myself really enjoying it. I will definitely be reading the next book in the series.
Mandy  Smith
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! LOVED and don’t have time to write a review bc I need to listen to part 2 now.
Edited: Epic, part 2 is even better! Crazy crazy crazy!
Favorite audio’s!!!
Rachel  G
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly good read

As a huge SJM fan, I am incredibly picky and have pretty high standards for any fantasy/paranormal books that I read. Sadly most new books that I read in this genre end up disappointing me or I’m not even able to finish it due to lack of quality.

However, I gave Ascension a shot and it kept surprising me. I kept expecting to get bored, or disappointed in the characters or plot, but it kept me interested throughout. I ended up reading it in about a day and a half and I didn’
Deloris
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a good beginning , I look forward to seeing what happens next in this series. A bond is instant between Parker and Luna , but their meeting looks innocent but occurs within dark circumstances. This story isn’t a sweet love story , its complicated and at times the description of what and why made me cross my eyes , but stay with it , I’ll come together. This book is more of a introduction, to what seems to be interesting series.
Delina
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was overjoyed when the audible version of this book came out. Yolanda Hatcher managed to bring all the chemistry between Luna and Parker out in this audible. As short as it was. It’s not an insta love/get married/have a baby type of fantasy romance. This is a slow burn with a whole lot of back story filled with detail fantasy romance. It has all the requirements that I want for a slow burn romance, but with so much more depth. A love triangle, kidnapping, lost memories, forbidden love, and los ...more
Mariel Herrera
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? First and foremost what an excellent debut novel! The reason why I loved this book so much was the way the story was structured. Yolanda did an amazing job at describing the characters and bringing them to light. Since is a series she builds up the story really well for the next installment. By the end of the book you are anticipating the next book. I think Yolanda is phenomenal and she brought her own magic to make it even more special! ;)
Mandy Sawyer
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a wonderful story. Everything you will ever need in a book. Magic, adventure, good guys and bad! I fell in love immediately with this world and its characters. Yolanda is new to me and I’m itching for more!! Great performances from all the narrator’s.
K.C. Connor
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
😍😍😍😍

I love this book so much!!! An Epic story of love, betrayal, and secrets!!! Worth every second of my time!!!
K.  Ramjohn
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Yolanda Hatcher novel and I loved it. This fantasy story had me hooked and at the edge of my seat from beginning to end. There was never a dull moment, the story was fast paced,
intriguing, well-written and engrossing with twists and turns along the way. The main characters Luna and Parker had intense chemistry and the other characters were all so interesting and had so much to offer.
I listened to the audible version of this novel and I greatly enjoyed it. It was Narrated by A
Jocelyne
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Yolanda Hatcher's book and definitely won't be the last. This paranormal romance story is really well written, complex, interesting, captivating and entertaining. I love the story of Parker and Luna. Their chemistry is really strong! The other characters are also very interesting. The storyline is filled with twist and turns and the story ends with a cliffhanger. I can't wait for the next book in the Series! The narration is absolutely breathtaking and exceptionally well done. ...more
Brooke
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I really enjoyed this book, but to give everyone warning, it has a cliffhanger. I am anxious to see what happens next and hope the next audiobook is released soon.
Nicole Dunton
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second Read:

Parker is released from a mental hospital after being there for most of his young adult and adult life. He reunites with his twin and uncle to find a woman who attracts his attention in ways he can't explain. She is off limits to him because his uncle owns her. Luna has been enslaved to Parker's uncle since she was 14 years old. She has long ago accepted that her life is not her own. That changes when she meets Parker.

I really enjoyed this novel. It was intense and thrilling and ful
Taylor
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This book could be better if it was more flushed out.
Lynda Garcia
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
💮👑💮💣

The cover intrigued me....the sample pulled me in....it started as a beginning of a dark and twisted love storyline....that quickly morphed into an otherworldly saga....Parker was imprisoned in a facility that houses the mentally insane....Luna was imprisoned in a mansion with a sadistic sexual predator...since the age of 14....who later turned out to be the uncle of Parker..that's when the story changes ...that's when the Ascension begins....when mates have bonded....realms are aligned...lo
Crystle White
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely worth the hours of lost sleep.

I don't write well reviews but here is a good try. Parker and Luna meet this is where the story is like Romeo and Juliet have a menage with flowers in the attic and beauty and the beast and they have baby. This was so we'll written. Very quickly you develop a bond with the main characters and physically feel their pain. I cried when I realized the next book isn't out yet... Just WoW.
Crystal Moody
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

I love a great paranormal/fantasy book. This book is everything. It has adventure, the main characters have amazing chemistry like no other, and it has a great story. I did not want this book to end. I need vol 2 as soon as possible.
Keisha Garner
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Part 2 please

I loved the concept of the story. It was an interesting book. I want to read more. Just waiting on book 2.
Jen Franklin
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Yolanda Hatcher. I was hooked from the very beginning. This book kept me on my toes with twists and turns. The characters are complex and as the story progresses you learn more and more about those hidden layers - sometimes hidden even from themselves. I did not see it coming! I was pulled into another world in a seamless flow of worlds, caught up in the current and I couldn't put it down! If you are like me you will be screaming (internally) at characters to change dire ...more
Amanda
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audible version. I liked the story, but loved the performance. There were different performers for different points of view, which really adds to the story. Most of the story was read by Jason Clarke and (I think) Amanda Leigh Cobb, who both did a fantastic job.

This was the first book I've read/listened to by Yolanda Hatcher, but I'm going to start Part II right away. I would have preferred to have Parts I and II combined into one book, as the story didn't feel complete after
Ginger
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow what an amazing storyline, nothing in this story is what it seems. It is chalked full of twists, turns, intrigue, suspense, and Magic. The characters aren’t even who they proclaim to be, which brings me to the narrators, they did a fantastic job bringing these characters to life.
Reviewed for Audiobook Obsession
Lovingbooks1
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible, arc
* AUDIOBOOK REVIEW *

I liked this story, it was exiting and unusual with fairytale qualities.
Good characters descriptions
Suspense has me on the edge
No unnecessary descriptions of surroundings
Plenty of dialogues
This is for all of us fantasy lovers.

Narrators:
Clear pronunciation and read with feelings.

🎧 #AudiobookObsessionReviewer
Jenny
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Started out great, but lost me somewhere between the floating sex and the introduction of every fantasy trope since the dawn of time (elves, pixies, angelic offspring, season houses aligned with different types of magic, the chosen ones). I almost DNF but I was distracted by other things so it kept playing in the background. Not worth your time.
Carissa
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is a first for me by this author. These 2 books kept popping up in my Audiobook groups so I had to give them a shot. While the beginning was a mystery, dark, dragged me in type of story, over 1/2 way the fantasy part of the story wasn't explained very well. It needed to be worked more to deliver properly. I'm debating if I should listen to the next one. Narrators were perfect.
DMA
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
wow this one sort of blew my mind! it starts of slowly in a normal but rather dark and slightly mysterious fashion. As it moves on it gets stranger and stranger till it's so far from the normal world that you may think you've fallen down the rabbit hole.
Brilliantly written with amazingly developed characters and plot!
Cant waif for the next one.
Highly recommended!
Veron
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
The first half was interesting but as the story changed to more paranormal, the writing couldn’t keep up with the changes. The world building was just thrown out there and wasn’t done with much finesse.
It was good enough to have me reading the second but only just.
Christine
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, audible-escape
I really enjoyed the story. I like the character development. The narration was great. I'm jumping right in to book 2.
Karin
Ascension Part One.

Luna is trapped in a world of pain and isolation until her captor's nephew, Parker Stevens, returns from a mental institution. Parker has lived with the knowledge that he killed his mother when he was a child. Now that Parker is free, he is more lost than ever. The day the two meet is torture and pleasure mixed. Once Uncle G forces the two together for a night, Parker and Luna manifest powers that are strange and wonderful. However, secrets are layered one upon the other in th
Salwa Alqallaf
مع ان تصنيف الرواية YA إلا اني اندمجت معاها حيييييل
احداثها جميله وتسلسلها جميل و القصة جميلة
و مستعده للجزء الثاني
« previous 1 3 next »

• Aaron's Patience (Townsend Series #2)
  • These Walls Can Talk
  • Beauty and the Boss
  • My Sinful Nights (Sinful Men #1)
  • Dirty Kisses (The Lion and the Mouse #1)
  • My Sinful Desire (Sinful Men #2)
  • My Sinful Longing (Sinful Men #3)
  • My Sinful Love (Sinful Men #4)
  • Trent (Across the Aisle #1)
  • Blood Captive (The Blackthorne Vampires #1)
  • Duncan (Across the Aisle #2)
  • Crowne of Lies
  • First Love
  • One Night Only
  • Caught in the Lies
  • Filthy Lies
  • Alpha
  • The Storm Breaks (The Jacobite Chronicles #4)