Start by marking “Last Resort” as Want to Read:
Last Resort

Last Resort

Jo is running away even if she can’t admit that to herself. Afraid of what the future holds, she’s looking for an escape and a chance to forget. Her soul is too heavy to float and she’s ready to let it all go and sink to the bottom.

Olly ran a long time ago. He’s remained on this little rock in the middle of the ocean for so long that the rest of the world has disappeared.
Published June 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Last Resort, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Resort

Dri ✰
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
★ 3 STARS ★

“I want to kiss him, but I don’t. This is more than that connection could ever be, this is me coming alive in his arms. I don’t want to fall in love, I want to fall into life.”

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

Eu gostei dos personagens principais, Ollie e Jo, ambos têm um passado difícil e estão tentanto seguir em frente com suas vidas.
É uma história emotiva e com partes dolorosas e de partir o coração.

“Even with puffy red eyes she’s still gorgeous to me, and her broken soul talks
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I absolutely loved this story. I read it in one sitting as I couldn’t possibly put it down.

As with each of this authors books I highly recommend you go in blind. Feel the words, feel the story.

Last Resort will take you on an emotional rollercoaster that will stay with you for a long time.

If your looking for a well written contemporary romance then go 1-click Olly and Jo’s story. You won’t regret it. I loved it.
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
5 stars just don't seem like enough!! This book was amazing......A-MAZING!! I knew going in that this wasn't going to be the "typical" Ashleigh G book but that was really the extend of what I knew. I had no doubts that the book was going to be great but I didn't realize just how great. It's a very emotional and beautiful story of loss, despair, healing and living. Jo and Olly have both suffered tremendous losses, Olly has healed himself with the ocean and now he wants to do the same for Jo. He t ...more
Shaun
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jo and Olly are perfectly, imperfect! I love this book, it was sweet, heart wrenching, sexy, and all the feels. Overcoming life is hard, but time on the island can heal, bring you full circle, bring you peace. These characters gave me hope, for love, for people in general. I can't wait to see where Ashleigh takes us on our next island adventure!
Di Covey
"We move together like a rock band playing a ballad, every chord an aching testament of feelings pouring from our souls."

IS THIS THE SAME AUTHOR? Did someone kill Ash and take over her body. She traded in blood for feelings. Omg. The feelings, Yo.

At first glance, I'm like, hmmm. I don't do lovey dovey reads. Occasionally I need them though. Something to keep some light in my life. I LOVED THIS one. It gave me back my heart and made sure I hadn't let the darkness completely consume me. This on
Yolanda Olson
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Ashleigh first sent me Last Resort she warned me that I would get some serious feels with this book. I smiled and said "we'll see." Welp. As God is my witness, I experienced so many feels that I wanted to throttle her.

I was angry, sad, happy, and crying throughout Last Resort.

This is a beautiful story about a girl and her friend who go on a vacation. Jo has a rough past and her friend is trying to help her get over it (in a manner of speaking.)

Enter Olly.

Things start out innocently enoug
Tabitha Hartman
This book gives you all the feels.. Ash wasn’t kidding when she said this one was going to pull heart strings and was way different than anything she has done before... but I absolutely loved it!
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
I absolutely LOVED this book! I have loved everything that this author has written, and when she opened herself up to writing a slightly different genre of read, I wondered how things would turn out. I was so blown away by her first endeavour in this new genre. This books is beyond brilliant!

From the start, there is depth and life in the main characters, really pulling you in, so that you want to know their story. You see a glimpse into their past and what makes them tick the way they do, live
Vickie
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Last resort is different to the other books that I’ve read by this author and I loved it. It’s packed full of emotions and the characters are both really easy to like and relate to.

Jo is broken. Having been through an emotional wringer, Jo is struggling and has been for a while. Deciding to go away for a break, she’s hoping she can put the broken pieces of herself together and Olly is just the man to help her. I adored both Jo and Olly. They’re both flawed in their own way and that made them so
Amy Lynn Lockhart
Last Resort is the type of book that grabs you by the soul, pulls you in, chews you up and refuses to spit you back out until you are utterly destroyed.

Instantly upon turning through the pages its obvious how much these characters will make you feel. The emotion poured out onto the pages by Ashleigh G is intense, and inescapable. I wouldn't trade it fir anything else though.

Jo and Olly don't have it easy. They've both been through trauma in their lives and are Looking for escape. Olly found hi
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog and Reviews
Ms Giannoccaro has branched out and has created a fantastic Contemporary Romance novel. The Last Resort centres around Olly, Jo, Terry and Liv. Some of these characters are swoon worthy, loveable, understanding, supportive and of course there is your customary idiot ( yeah we'll go with that).

Their story will take you on an emotional rollercoaster and at times you will be gutted and yelling at your kindle or saying 'thank god they came to their senses'. About time.

This book just proves the A.
Janie
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book! Jo is broken and goes to this little broken down beach house for the summer with her best friend. Her friend is hoping that this time away will help Jo begin to heal but Jo is not only unwilling to let go of the past just yet, she is afraid of the ocean. Olly lives in an even more broken down beach house right next door. He is instantly drawn to the beautiful girl with the sad eyes. He believes that the ocean can heal and wants to help Jo overcome her fears. What happens is a story fu ...more
Kirsty Adams
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh the feels in this book! Jo and Olly were both characters that I just clicked with on equal terms. Jo is stuck in a cycle of grief whilst Olly is just living for the moment, biding time for a new direction in his life. The connection between them was powerful and emotional and hit my heart hard. In addition to all the emotional feels, Ashleigh’s descriptive words made me smell that ocean air, feel the soft sand beneath my feet and picture every beautiful scene - fabulous and well deserved five ...more
Erin Carter
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We’ve all heard it before: If you love someone set them free…

Jo is hurting. She’s come to the island resort to escape her life and try to rid herself of the all-consuming sadness that has taken over. Here, she meets Olly. He works at the resort and has an eye for Jo.

This book is full of emotion. It will have you wondering if Olly and Jo really are meant to be. Or if they should just move on and simply consider their romance a summer fling.

This story was happy and sad, light and dark, heavy and
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read, 2018
This is a totally different type of book from A. Giannoccaro you will find no dark here, it is, however, a beautifully written story that will touch your hearts and give you all the feels.

Olly, Jo will find a way into your heart and you will love them such great characters great storyline.
Very well written and just shows how much talent this author has as a writer that she can write anything and it will be great. can't wait to see what she brings us next.
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰

Rhiannon Hall
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful must read ❣

What a beautifully heart breaking story, it made me cry and truly hit me in the feels. It's a story anyone could easily relate to, it's beautifully written and I absolutely loved it❣

A book I would definitely recommend❣
Bookish_Sally
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful and heartbreaking. I felt the angst, I cried the tears, I felt the emotions of the characters throughout this story. Olly and Jo were perfectly imperfect for one another.
Susan
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a beautifully written story about a troubled girl and the guy who tries to help her stay afloat when she feels like she's drowning in more ways than one.

Jo goes on vacation with her best friend to try and salvage some kind of happiness even if it's only for the summer. Jo has lost her way, the girl she once was has gone and she needs to find herself again.

Olly left his past behind him. Now a carefree soul, a surfer who works and lives the Island life. He's working towards his dream. N
Tiffany (Bibliophile Babes Book Blog)
Five Star Must Read book

"Love can only be found on the edges of heartbreak"

This book is different from any of the books by Ashleigh G. and showcases a lighter side, and proves that sometimes different is definitely a good thing. This book still gave me all the feels, and the same level of excellent quality writing I have come to expect from this author. No matter if it's a dark romance, one that makes you think, cringe, cry, or a contemporary romance Ashleigh G. knows how to write a story that d
Ally Vance
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ashleigh Giannoccaro what have you done to me, because this story has hit me right in the heart and the feels!

A beautiful story about two people learning to float when life is trying to drown them. This is a powerful and emotional tale that hits you right to the core and leaves you breathless. It is simultaneously heartbreaking and yet so damn beautiful.

It tears your heart right open, then slowly puts it back together again. Ashleigh made an absolute mess out of me with this one and I loved ever
Maria Angie Mendoza
Exceptional!
The best way to enjoy this read is by going in blindly!!
I had no idea what to expect with this read. I liked the cover, the author is a favorite and the blurb was intriguing.
O-M-G!! I’m so glad I went in blindly! What an exceptional story!
Unique, intense and captivating, I was totally absorbed by this story. I found this read to be a departure from other stories by this author, confirming her brilliance in telling her readers, good, solid stories.
This is the story of Jo. She decides
Christina Del Moral
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ashleigh G is truly a remarkable author. Last Resort is completely different from what she normally put out for is to read. This story got me to open my eyes to what living in the dark feels like. Not knowing when you're going to see the light again. Until you meet that one person that pushes you and guides you there.

Jo needed time away from the world, and Olly came crashing down into her world like a tidal wave. Olly gives off this presence to him and has so much patience.  Jo trying to figure
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog and Reviews

This book just proves the A.
Maria Hunt
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Last Resort was a phenomenal read that gripped my heart, hit me in the feels and I loved every moment of it.

Both Olly and Jo are amazing characters that draw you in and burrow their way into your heart. A chance meeting brings the unlikely pair together and the connection they share is unforgettable. Their story is beautiful, emotional, moving and utterly captivating. My emotions ran the whole gamut from happy to sad and everything in between while reading Last Resort.

Though a bit different fr
Antoinette
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I also believe that the ocean cures everything !!

Talk about a book hangover. This book has all the feels and it leaves you in tatters, and that is a good thing.
Jo is on vacation with her BBF Liv, trying to learn how to live again. Olly the handsome surfer boy with his own demons is determined to help her live again. These two, I just wanted to reach into my kindle and hug them both.
This book grabbed my heart and soul from page 1 and still has a hold on both. The connection between the two is b
Nico
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like a lovely feel good book but also throw in emotion and a hint of angst then this is the book for you. It’s a perfect holiday read. It’s well written and I love the two main characters of Olly and Jo. Terry is a real snake in the grass and I wanted to hiss every time he was around! Liv is a great and loyal best friend and the setting is atmospheric. I’ve always had a weakness for surfer themed books and this one definitely hit the spot. There are some fabulous lines in it, such as ‘She ...more
Michelle
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta-read

Ashleigh G has written a heart warming romance, that will make you cry, laugh, shout and cry again.

Olly is a very laid back easy going guy living life with one goal in mind, but sometimes the best laid plans are not fool proof and once the heart is involved things get messy.

Jo - I loved Jo and felt her feelings throughout this story, she is destroyed, trying to re-build a life she has lost and gets far more than she would have ever dreamed of.

I love all the other character's in this gripping sto
Teresa Juckett
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg this book was phenomenal and talk about all the feel's this right here is Ashleigh at her best & something totally different from her other book's which are amazing as well, but this book I still get emotional trying to write this review was so over the top. No spoilers here, but you will absolutely fall in love will Olly and Jo and their journey of finding their dream through heartache and finding each other and falling in love. Oh my lord that ending just finished me off it was just ep ...more
Joy Westerfield
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazingly beautiful story! I’m still emotional after reading this. The story of Jo, a young woman who is trying to come to grips with her life, meets Olly, a surfer who wants to help her live again. These characters ingrained themselves into me while reading this story. I didn’t want to put it down. They also have a major connection, chemistry and I rooted for them throughout this entire book. My heart became so invested in these characters that I didn’t want this book to end. There are ...more