Start by marking “No One But You (Imperfect Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
No One But You (Imperfect Hearts, #1)

No One But You

(Imperfect Hearts #1)

Quincy Cavendish was my first real love. She’s the girl that no other measured up to—no matter how hard they tried. The one that got away, but was always in my sights.

My sweetheart, I loved her when I could and when I shouldn’t.

I was her first kiss. Her first crush.

There’s nothing I wanted more than to be her first everything, but still, I walked away. I let her go when I
Published July 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about No One But You, please sign up.
Alexandra Silva I'm not sure really, it started off with Quincy and then it just sort of went from there. It unravelled in my head. I'd had it in there for a while be…moreI'm not sure really, it started off with Quincy and then it just sort of went from there. It unravelled in my head. I'd had it in there for a while before I even wrote it. Essentially this is Quincy's story, it always was even when Jamie's started interweaving with hers.

I was just remember being so in love with Quincy from the moment she popped into my head, and I couldn't stop thinking about her. Then Jamie came along and all the other characters...and that was that!(less)

Start your review of No One But You (Imperfect Hearts, #1)
Malene
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have to be honest and say that the first couple of chapters of No One But You left me confused because many characters were introduced without context but as soon as I figured out who they were I was deep immersed in Quincy and Jamie’s story.

No One But You was really refreshing because of its characters and their current situations. They were real and relatable. Quincy and Jamie are both divorced, single parents and free to date who ever they want but there are only one person they’re both int
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell
Jul 03, 2018 marked it as will-read-if-cheap-or-freebie
The more I stare at the girl on the cover, the more certain I am that she's stealing my soul.
Lisa
Aug 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I’m gonna have to say the beginning was a confusing mess....
I was scratching my head trying to figure out who belonged to who....
And I can follow a story if it made sense but no.....
Yes you have to re-read a lot so.....
I did do a fair amount of skimming...
And still it didn’t work....
So yeah...DNF
It wasn’t good and here’s why....

This felt like a polyamory square relationship. They swapped partners and are honky dory. Kids go back and forth, they have more kids between them, their siblings are als
Lydia's Romance
This was just what I needed. After two weeks of not reading, I was desperately looking for a good book to get lost in. No One But You is a debut novel and recommended on Twitter by: Malene

What did I think?
"Holy freaking cherry on a banana split sundae," this was really good! Despite some editing issues, the characters and the story grew on me fast. Though, I did wonder for a second if it was the right book for me because this one's a love...square. Two couples who, to put it simply, swapped. Sta
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic debut release. I quickly grew to love the lead characters in this story and my heart broke for the huge losses they suffer. Tough subjects are tackled and done in a realistic and respectful way. Quincy and Jamie are beautifully flawed individuals. Their love story isn't an easy one. I felt like they were friends of mine and I was going through their journey with them. Great dialogue and a dual POV made the story flow really well. It's hard to categorise this story - brother' ...more
Alexandra
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me tell you a short story: one day I opened Facebook and I saw a post for a giveaway. The prize was a book with a beautiful woman on it. Then I saw that the author and I have the same name (Alexandra is a beautiful name 😉) and I knew I needed this book. I've never heard of this author, she's new to me, but not only to me. She's new to everyone because this is her debut. But I was not aware that this is a debut until I read half of the book and then some of the reviews on GR. I was not aware ...more
Danielle S.
Debut!? Did someone say this was a DEBUT NOVEL?! I didn’t realize that going in and certainly never got that impression while reading. No One But You is so well written, there is great character development and just enough of a dramatic flair to keep you pulled in! I took my time reading this one, savoring every sentence.

I adored Quincy. She is the definition of strength. She’s been through so much but yet you can still see her love for life.

Jamie is simply wonderful. Their connection is beaut
MH
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
As a woman that grew up with a broken family, a mother to my children, and step mother to one of them, I related so much to this book.
Alexandra Silva is a new author to me and I am so glad I stumbled upon her.
This book was so, so good. A powerful, raw, angsty read.
Oh, my heart. I felt so much for Quincy. She went through something in life that no mother should EVER have to go through. The way that Ms. Silva wrote that was so beautifully. I felt the pain, the anger, the blame.
I feel like ever
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
No One But You is the debut novel by Alexandra Silva, and amongst other things, talks about the painful subject of stillbirth, and how it affects everyone - not just the mother.

I felt a bit lost during the prologue for various reasons, and couldn't understand if I was supposed to feel sympathy for her or him. It did become clear, but the jump from the prologue to the first chapter was a bit of a leap. Not to worry though, as it all sorted out in the end.

This is a long story, but for the life of
Ria Alexander  - Reading Is Our Satisfaction
What A stunning debut!

WOW!! What A stunning debut! Alexandra Silva has written a story that was very hard to put down. After what i have just read I am stunned that she has not published before. her story line, the flow, the character development and the descriptions were so vivid and flawless.

This is a second chance love story, but one with a difference, they both have families and they both have been betrayed in one form or another. Jamie and Quincy have been friends for life, however their ch
CHERRY0BLOSSOMS
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anne
I can't believe that this is a debut novel it blew me away.

Quincy a woman broken by life and betrayed by those she trusted she's navigating life as a single parent. Jamie divorced and angry at his ex is also juggling family and work. Four best friends who are now divided trying not to damage their children.

Apart from the start which was a little confusing as so many characters are introduced at once. The story settles down fairly quickly and I became engrossed in reading.

A very emotional book th
Rhonda Ziglar
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 BEAUTIFUL STARS!! This story was amazing, it touched my heart. This author did a great job with creating a story that felt like real life. Quincy and Jaime have a story to tell you with all the feels and you need to hear it. I loved all the characters and it felt like they were friends and family. I can't wait to read more by this author.
My Own Bookshelves
I've added a new shelf to my list: debut author. Some days I am blessed with authors asking me to read their book babies. Some times they are just 'babies' in the world of publishing. These are special because they are often finding their voice. This debut has a very strong voice.

From the blurb, I was in. Huge sucker for second chance romance. Throw in older adults (i.e. read as over 25) and I am ready to read. Quincy and Jamie have been circling each other for years. Each marrying (settling) a
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 Star Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I loved everything about this story. I loved Jamie. She’s such an amazing character. My heart broke for her, but at the same time she was able to work through things. She knew very early on she married the wrong man. Then when tragedy strikes that becomes more apparent. Jamie is stronger than she sometimes gives herself credit for. I loved that about her. I loved how hard to fought not to love Quinn, but she’s loved that man since before she knew
Lorna Bishop
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was very honoured to be asked to beta read this first book baby for Alexandra and it didn't disappoint.
It has all the things I love in contemporary romance.
Best friends forever they have both been betrayed , Quinn has had a loss no one should experience, Jamie is dedicated to his and married the wrong girl but its finally their time. Its lovely to watch them develop their relationship and how they really get and support each other overcoming the obstacle thrown in their way.
It's a beautiful fr
Liz
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emotional and touching second chance romance!
Anne Milne
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe that this is a debut novel it blew me away.

A very emotional book th
Ashley
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A well written suspenseful tale that kept me guessing as to what was going on! I was glad to see the tension resolved, and enjoyed the drama as it played out.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily reviewing.
Luisa Rivas
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has a melancholic vibe all throughout. The pace is slow and contemplative and there’s an undercurrent of regrets and guilts. It makes for an interesting reading because all the characters are so intertwined in their personal histories.

Quincy has always loved Jamie, from when they were four years old. They both studied medicine, together with Quincy’s brother Phillip and their other best friend Richard. Jamie wanted to be the best neurosurgeon ever, so he left for the USA to study under
Ana (thestarslisten)
*I would like to thank Give Me Books Promotion for hosting this Blog Tour and providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.*

Heartbreakingly beautiful. Alexandra Silva is an author to look out for if you want a super emotional read.

SPOILER FREE

P L O T
A story about loss, hurt, love and healing. This may have been the most true to life experience fiction book I’ve ever read. Sure, not everyone could relate, but the drama and story line is for everyone. (Not for all ages, obviou
Up All Night With Books
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
Review by Morgen
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

No One But You is Alexandra Silva’s debut novel and the first book in her Imperfect Hearts series. Some of the main themes of the book are that there are some things out of our control and that change isn’t always bad.

Quincy a mother who loves her daughter with all her heart, divorced and not looking for romance. As a Cardiothoracic surgeon with a focus in Pediatrics she didn’t have much free time and what she can spare goes
Sassy Southern
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Quincy Cavendish had her life turned upside down when she lost her baby boy and then her husvand left her. Now she is getting her life back on track while being a single mom to Pippa until her ex-husband announces he is about to marry her best friends ex-wife.
Jamie Anson is getting a divorce since his ex, Jenna, slept with his best man, Richard. Together they have a daughter, Molly, and he is struggling with everything going on around him.
Yet with everything going on Jamie and Quincy
Lisa Staples
I've typed and deleted this intro to my review on No One But You several times, struggling to find the words to adequately describe this remarkable debut novel by Alexandra Silva.
Quite simply, this story is absolutely resplendent.

This is more than a second chance romance as these characters have always been each others destiny but ambition, loyalty, tragedy, responsibility and betrayal got in their way.
Ms Silva takes on some gritty and emotional topics in this story and handles them with dignit
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s hard to believe, when I get asked to personally review books, it’s always taken as an honour ! Any author asking is special ! But when it’s a debut author with her first book baby it’s doubly special ! I’m grateful for my place here !

So on to the book in question ! For a debut novel, I loved it ! A 2nd chance romance that is anything but straightforward. A heartbreaking beginning that brings two souls walking the same path in life, devastation brings ppl together and new futures are writte
Alison Watson
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreak leading to happiness!

I was honoured to be asked to beta read this first book for Alexandra Silva and I was hooked from the beginning to the epilogue!

You would never know that this is a debut novel for Alexandra Silva. Flawlessly written, mixing tragedy, friendship, passion and romance with a touch of humour – (enter side character Jake here), this contemporary romance has it all.

This is the story of Jamie and Quincy’s lifelong friendship and the spark of attraction that has been ign
Sarah Scholz
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a great debut novel! What an amazing love story 💕 A Must Read 😊 I would definitely recommend this to any fans of Second Chance romance.😊 I can't wait to read more of her books 💜
Rebecca Austin
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
This was a great book dealing with the heartache of losing a child and the breakdown in your marriage because of it. It’s also about picking up the pieces and finding a way to go on and find love again.

I really liked Quincy and my heart broke for what she went through with losing Theo. It was so ironic that she ended up with Pippa after everything that happened. I hated her ex Richard and as the book went on I hated him more and more after other things were revealed. I was shocked at the stuff t
Cindy M. Green
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! It is hard to believe that this is a debut novel by Alexandra Silva. Her words had me truly captivated from the start. Jaime and Quincy are childhood friends that took separate paths in life, but always seemed to be in each other’s thoughts. Now broken hearted, their lives are intertwined in a way neither could have imagined. The pull they have towards one another grows stronger every day and it's getting harder to deny what they mean to one another.

The connection and passion Jaime and Quin
Charlie Matthews
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve sat on this review for a while now. Simply because I couldn’t find the right words to describe how incredible this story was. Quincy and Jamie both has their fair share of heartbreak throughout the years. Heartbreak that should have destroyed them as individuals, and as friends. But that heartbreak brought them together at a time when they needed it the most. What I loved most about this story was simply how the author told it. It was beautiful, dignified and extremely emotional. Some parts ...more
Amanda
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a second chance romance between Quincy and Jamie who have loved each other since childhood, before their lives took them in different direction. There were a lot of emotional and heartbreaking moments, unfortunately they didn't hit me with the punch I was hoping for. I didn't fully connect with any of the characters. I did enjoy their journey of healing and opening themselves up again.

Overall, It was a really good read and i'd continue the series.

I enjoyed Oliver Hunt's voice but I did
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Mr. Marshall's Method (Learning to Love, #1)
  • Boy in Luv (In Luv Duet, #2)
  • Girl in Luv (In Luv Duet, #1)
  • No Vacancy
  • Just Ten Seconds
  • Magic Man (The Good Guys)
  • The Legacy (Rivers Wilde, #1)
  • First (Betrothed #5)
  • Bloodstained Beauty
  • Lie to Me (Rock Me, #1)
  • Exodus (The Ravenhood Duet, #2)
  • Lovers (Voyeur, #2)
  • Pretty Venom (Gray Springs University, #3)
  • Flirting with 40
  • Throne of Lies (Legacy of Lies, #0.5)
  • The Game You Play (Rixon Raiders, #2)
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
  • In the Unlikely Event
Alexandra Silva is a lover of words and romance. She blames the classics and a nutty English teacher for her obsession with books and fiction. Come rain or shine with either coffee or wine in hand you can find her with her nose stuck in a book and her head in the clouds. She lives in London outnumbered by her very loud boys, with her very own hero and their two wild cats—Jack and Jill.

FACEBOOK / I

Imperfect Hearts (3 books)
  • For You (Imperfect Hearts, #2)
  • Someone Like You (Imperfect Hearts, # 3)