Start by marking “Untoward Awakening (Amethysta Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Untoward Awakening (Amethysta Trilogy, #2)

Untoward Awakening

(Amethysta Trilogy #2)

Untoward Awakening is the riveting sequel to Throne of Lies and a stepping-stone to adventure and self-discovery.

Amethysta Serelle is alone. Her loved ones are gone, and her dire secret—her unexplained magical power—now rests solely on her wary shoulders.

As she struggles to understand and harness her power, Amethysta must remain mindful of her royal obligations
Published September 1st 2019 by Foxfell Fiction.

To ask other readers questions about Untoward Awakening, please sign up.
Sara Secora Character development is as exciting for me as it is for a reader in someways! I am a pantser, and what's that you ask? Well, a pantser is someone…moreCharacter development is as exciting for me as it is for a reader in someways! I am a pantser, and what's that you ask? Well, a pantser is someone who, “flies by the seat of their pants,” meaning they don't plan out anything, or plan very little as they write. I often allow my story and characters to grow into themselves. Sometimes that leads to shocking moments while writing. There were a few major plot twists that I hadn't plan out, and they somehow found their way into this new book.(less)

Start your review of Untoward Awakening (Amethysta Trilogy, #2)
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
Preeti
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC READER

The second instalment of Amethysta Trilogy by Sara Secora has finally arrived. The first book in this fantasy series was launched in August 2016. I remember that I had liked the book back then. It was such a pleasant surprise when I received the ARC of Untoward Awakening. Although it has been 3 years the moment I heard about it, the story of Amethysta in ‘Throne of Lies’ came flooding back in. Sara surely took her time to write the story further but after reading this book,
Cody
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC Review

I received an advanced review copy of Untoward Awakening a couple of weeks ago, and as soon as I started reading it I was immediately transported back to the land of Northwind and into the life of Princess Amethysta Serelle. This ability to pull in the reader is one of the things that stood out to me about the first book in the trilogy, and it was something that I noticed immediately when starting to read this book as well.

The world building that Sara Secora does through h
Dia
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Arc Reader:

In an eagerly awaited return to the Amethysta Trilogy with the second book in the series; Untoward Awakening, author Secora absolutely delivers.

Readers will find themselves falling deeper into Secora’s curious world as Amethysta faces mysteries within herself and those she allows close. In a pleasing display of experienced writing, Amethysta transforms from the naïve, yet beloved heir readers came to adore in Throne of Lies, to a wise adventurer worthy of much more than h
Gary
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC Review...

Untoward Awakening continues directly after Throne of Lies, the first in the Amethysta trilogy. Amethysta must deal with the pressures of being the princess of Northwind; these pressures include building a happy life with her suitor, Soren. But Amatheysta is aware of a different life that she could be living, and she craves for an appearance of the person she truly loves, Arkarial, who is of the Seili race.

Without giving any spoilers, Untoward Awakening tops
Alyssa
Thank you, Sara Secora, for gifting me this copy to read and review.

I'm giving this one a 3/5 like I did with Throne of Lies. It's not that nothing has changed, it's that they are both equally good in different ways.
I'm always glad when a book picks up shortly, if not immediately, after the previous volume, so I was definitely happy about that. It almost seems like the adventure in this one could have been completely avoided if Amethysta had chosen to wait a while longer, but
Michelle (Love, Stars and Books)
(I received a free eARC from YA Bound Book Tours for a voluntary and honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

Untoward Awakening (Amethysta Trilogy #2) by Sara Secora

Genre: YA, Fantasy, Romance

(Synopsis from Goodreads) (First book)

For seventeen-year-old princess Amethysta Serelle, the royal life is anything but enchanting.

She finds herself forever torn between duty and desire—desperately craving freedom, yet bound by the bu
Tony S.
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Escape reality and travel to the inner imagination of Sara Secora's wonderland mind of endless magic and adventure!

Amethysta in her world of Vataenya has grown into power in more ways than one since her amazing Throne of Lies crusade and on her new quest she will stop at nothing to save her friends, family, kingdom and more importantly find the truth behind her very existence.

The map of Vataenya was a nice touch in the Throne of Lies, but in the Untoward Awakening the map
Samantha Nelson
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC READER:

I was very excited to have the chance to be an ARC reader again for Sara Secora, this time, her second book from the Amethysta Trilogy series, Untoward Awakening. It was nothing short but extraordinary, vivid descriptions and details dance the pages alongside the masterful easy to follow story lines of her writing.

As an avid reader I was asked to be an ARC reader for her upcoming second book about to launch in September. This is a not only a privilege to be one
Jeffrey Wurzler
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The wait is over and Secora held up her promise of delivering a wonderful second chapter in the saga… but now I NEED more.

Untoward Awakening builds on the strong-willed heroine and future-ruler of the Kingdom of Northwind better than any fantasy adventure in recent history. Character development between Throne of Lies and Untoward Awakening is seamless: my fondness for the characters I bonded with & adored has grown beyond the pages of the book. Secora continues with extravagant description
Thomas Abril
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC REVIEW

We continue our journey as we are placed back into the shoes of Princess Amethysta of the Kingdom of Northwind. Things seemed to have calmed down after the events of book one and the Kingdom starts to return to some sense of normalcy. Amethysta is set to fulfill her duty that is her birthright and yet there is a pestering shroud of uncertainty that plagues her. Familiarity is soon tossed aside and we are forced away from protective walls and into the unknown as Amethysta is
Ben Rogers
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC Review: Untoward Awakening picks up where Throne of Lies left off. Everything is as we last remembered it, with the exception that nothing is as it seems. Secora takes us from the normal everyday kingdom life of a highborn to the untold story of a gypsy traveler. This installment of the series shows you the lengths our heroine is willing to go for those she holds dear. A tale that shows the outside world isn’t always what we believe it to me. Rich descriptions and unique new characters take ...more
Allison Crawford
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC REVIEW

I fell more in love with the characters and world they live in as our heroine sets off on a journey to hold on to everything that she holds dear to her. I got swept away into their lives getting frustrated, laughing, crying and grinning like a fool as Amethysta discovers more of who she is and grows into a strong young woman. This book has everything i love from unlikely friendships to a great adventure filled with magic and discovery. I could not put it down and am now anx
Celeste
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although the characters had their moments of what seemed like nonstop nagging with each other, I really did enjoy book 1 and 2 of this series. This novel had a good amount of epic adventures compared to the first, and the friendships that were made with the excellent world building kept me from wanting to put the book down; thus, the mysteries that were also unveiled throughout the story and the way this novel ended has me already longing for book 3!

Thanks goodreads and the author for the ARC t
Aaron Kiffer
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm about halfway through this book, its not as good as the first feeling wise but its great as is. I love a book I can not only get into but feel like I'm in the book going on the adventure. This book does it well enough to do that. If you haven't read this book and the first get on it well worth reading.
Maria Langella  Langella-Sorgie
ARC READER

Definitely a 5 Star on so many levels. Wonderful characters and plot. I dove into this read with excitement and Sara Secora does not disappoint. This second installment of the Amethysta Trilogy was an incredible journey. I adored the first book “Throne of Lies,” and adored “Untoward Awakening.” Keep them coming Sara Secora.
Laura Swanson
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sara's ability to launch you into an entire fantasy universe is unmatched. The tattered relationship between Ark and Amethysta comes back to life through a rough but tantalizing journey to help keep Amethysta's secret. The bond and love they share will keep you pressing forward wanting more with each page.
Kaitlyn Anderson
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing follow up to the first book. A brilliant story with so many colorful details and wording, it’s very easy to get lost in. Not only does this continue the search for Amethysta’s true origins, it continues to masterfully describe the struggle of growing up. With touches of adventure, danger, love, and acceptance, it’s a tale that I can’t wait to see followed through!
Sue
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A for adventure! I was thoroughly entertained while reading my ARC of Untoward Awakening. Sara Secora's book is full of surprises, along with plenty of drama and suspense. I especially enjoyed the characters, they came alive in this book, there relationships were filled with every possible emotion, including love. This book is fun, I was often smiling while reading. I recommend Untoward Awakening, the combination of surprising twists and entertaining characters make this a great read.
Patricia Goodson
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amethyst the Runaway Princess

What would make a human princess want to run away? Maybe knowing the magic she shouldn't have is becoming wild. Maybe it's the.blue man that has stolen her heart. Maybe it's the fear of being found out. Read it to find out.
Angel Rosario
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although I liked the first book of the trilogy, this one was a great step up from the previous book. This time the author takes us to explore the world of Vataeyna, showing us more about the things outside the comfort zone of Amethysta.
Katie
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book! So far, this is my favorite read of the year. The best part to me was the ending because it had many surprising twists and it was interesting to see what happened to the main character. It was an exciting read and I can't wait for the third book!
Terrell Sterling
Micielle
Susan Kennedy
Courtney Cox
Sep 05, 2019

• ワンパンマン 11 [Wanpanman 11] (Onepunch-Man, #11)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 雄英白書 I [Boku No Hero Academia: Yuuei Hakusho I] (My Hero Academia Light Novel, #1)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 1 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 1] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #1)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 3 [Boku No Hero Academia 3] (My Hero Academia, #3)
  • 食戟のソーマ 11 [Shokugeki no Souma 11] (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma, #11)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 13 [Boku No Hero Academia 13] (My Hero Academia, #13)
  • ワンパンマン 9 [Wanpanman 9] (Onepunch-Man, #9)
  • With the Fire on High
  • Code of Rainbow: Legends of Azure and the Masked Planet (Book 3)
  • Hunt (Academy of Unpredictable Magic, #5)
  • Clash (Academy of Unpredictable Magic, #6)
  • Searching for Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #2)
  • Branded (Sinners, #1)
  • A Court Of Ice And Wind (War Of The Gods, #3)
  • Corrupt Alchemy (Royals of Villain Academy #5)
  • The Red Knight (The Traitor Son Cycle, #1)
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Fell Sword (The Traitor Son Cycle, #2)
Sara Secora wears many creative hats, all of which are brimming with imagination and passion within her repertoire of talents and ventures. Whether Secora wields a pencil or microphone, she expresses herself through the power of words each day and into the night. You can find her in the heart of Detroit, Michigan, working as a full-time voice actress, while continuing to write whimsical stories fu ...more

Amethysta Trilogy (3 books)
  • Throne of Lies (Amethysta Trilogy, #1)
  • Untitled (Amethysta Trilogy, #3)