Start by marking “My One Regret” as Want to Read:
My One Regret

My One Regret

When he left her, he made the biggest mistake of his life. But now she might be gone for good.

Kaden Hades couldn’t handle touring with his rock band and a relationship— until he discovered Sadie, the love of his life. But when tragedy struck with his teenage daughter, Kaden broke off the engagement, swearing to put his kids first.

Then he gets the phone call. Sad
Published May 3rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about My One Regret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My One Regret

Start your review of My One Regret
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I knew I needed to read this story once I caught a glimpse of its blurb. I'm a sucker for a second chance romance, especially when the people are still very much in love, which was the case for Kaden and Sadie.

Kaden was a rock god! He had an irrational ex-wife, two teenaged daughters, and he was head over heels in love with Sadie. Unfortunately, he was the only one. When tragedy strikes, he has to make a choice and he breaks both of their hearts in the process. Separated from the love of his lif
Christine
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Angst and highly emotional is Claudia Burgoa's specialty and in My One Regret she's in top form. I don't want to give away anything out this plot because it was perfect and masterly laded out for us from start to finish but get those tissues ready because if you don't tear up while reading this story I wanna know what does make you cry... I wanted to physically hurt Kaden a few times throughout this book and hug Sadie and tell her it will be OK. Invested is an understatement to how I felt about ...more
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)

description

Claudia Burgoa is a new-to-me-author. Recently, a friend of mine recommended her to me because she was releasing an angsty rockstar romance which is probably my favorite trope. So, my friend told me that I was going to absolutely LOVE the story and I would regret missing the opportunity to read and review My One Regret. And wouldn’t you know it…She was right!!! Now I am kicking myself and wondering why I have not read Burgoa previously because My One Regret was just phenomenal! This story was a
DJ Sakata
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

I’m too old to be kissing toads, knowing they’ll never become princes.

Sadie was an open book, and yet as strange as the deep blue sea. She was starlight with a hint of darkness. A beautiful chaos that drew me into her world.

Your smile brightens my day. You’re the sun. I’m a sunflower who follows you along.

I forgot that life is a sequence of beads of many sizes, colors, and textures. Just because I encounter a few ugly ones, doesn’t mean that it’s over.

My Review:

I don’t know what
Bev
I skimmed from around the 30% mark to call this done. I struggled with the writing, the overblown clichéd melodrama and ridiculous endearments the zero and heroine used for each other got on my wick. And when I say endearments I mean Snuggle Bunny, Booboo Bear, Hummingbird, Nightingale, Little Minx, Sadie Wadie Woo, Cuddle Bunny, Little Fairy - not sure if there were any others, my eyes had glazed over by then.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Everything bar the kitchen sink was thrown in to this story including the crazy ps
Alex ♈
Lu Bielefeld
1 ⭐- Ugh! Didn't like it or triggers or pet peeve!

Our heroine was discarded as trash and thrown out of the hero's life.
I did not like his attitude and she's a fool.
His daughters and ex-wife cause drama and separation.
I could not forgive him and his eldest daughter.
Meh!

Just earlier I was getting a mani-pedi with his daughters, Hannah and Tess. For the first time, I believed that things were going to settle with them. They had finally accepted me.

The only thing I know is that I kept pouring out lo
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Every now and then, I actively seek out books featuring couples who are "on the rocks". Maintaining a healthy and happy relationship takes work. If done well, I enjoy romance novels that explore the ups and downs. I appreciate when people actually take accountability for their actions. I love a good grovel.

The hero, Kaden Hades (and naming a hero after the Greek god of death is befuddling), made unbearably stupid decisions. But that didn't bother me as much as it bothered other readers. Maybe be
Rachel K
May 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not a fan of a ‘hero’ who has no balls.

That is all.
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
I don’t think I could ever come up with the right words that would do this book justice! Emotional, surprises, angst, hate, love, jealousy, but most of all hope are just some of the words that come to mind when I reflect on this beautiful book!

From the first page to the very last Claudia takes you on an emotional roller coaster that just doesn’t let up till the very end! It’s a reflective journey through not just romantic relationships but all the relationships around us that help shape who we
Candy
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My One Regret by Claudia is a must read of 2018.
This story ian emotional ride between present and past. You'll laugh and you'll cry so bring the tissues. She ad me in tears from the start but couldn't put it down unless I had to, it's that good.
Claudia has such a way with making you feel the emotions as she brings her characters to life. Claudia just oozes passion in her stories, this is my second read of hers and I'm hooked for more.
A rockstar and a florist is who you'll fall in love with in t
Megan
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. There are not enough words in my vocabulary to say how much I loved this book. Every single element from the prose, the characters, the storyline and the ending were amazing. Highly recommend!
Paula Genereau
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
omg. this book will keep you hooked and on a emotional roller coaster ride but it's a great story and well worth it
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
OK

I dont know where to start on this book...

Mega amount of time reading about dude trying to get the heroine. It was over the top and made me wonder how he could manage doing so much while being some sort of rock star. All his time was about her, his songs (Which lyrically were just too much)... And so it goes until she finally opens up her hollier than thou heart to him.

Then shit hits the fan and all the blame goes to her and he breaks up with her instead of fixing it? When in fact, there was n
Cheesecake
I did enjoy it but skimmed a fair bit of the first 2/3rds.
Kaden and Sadie fall in love but his evil ex-wife throws a spanner in the works and Kaden falls for it like a fool. Sadie steps back like a martyr. Add in unhappy childhoods for both Kaden and Sadie, and his two messed up kids from his first marriage.
I do love second chance romances, but they are often plagued with rashes of flashbacks. This story suffered from that in the first half.
I liked the character growth in the last third of the
MJ Symmonds
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is a reason I always go into Claudia's books blind. It's because I know I'll love it and I just love the surprise I get from not knowing one iota of the storyline. I was hooked from page one. Yes, from page one.

Kaden Hades was definitely not looking for "The One". Being a famous Rockstar who was badly burned by is ex he was definitely not looking for anything permanent. Sometimes the stars align and our heart collides with our soulmate. When he sees the girl at the coffee shop he feels th
Cary Hart
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My One Regret will take you on an emotional journey. A tsunami of emotions - from falling in love to heartbreak to healing. The raw vulnerability Claudia Burgoa shows is breathtakingly beautiful. Reminding us that sometimes with love there is pain.

My One Regret will leave an imprint on your soul.
Michelle Rodriguez
Shelves: beta-reading
I beta read this book at it's early stages. I re-read after all editorial changes were made. The best thing about Beta reading for Ms. Burgoa, is that she takes a lot of suggestions and she is so easy and wonderful with beta read for.

After my re-read, the story is just as wonderful as my Beta read. Ms. Burgoa has a way to bring in the emotions from the prologue until the end.

This is Kaden and Sadie's story and boy will you have a roller coaster of emotions while reading this book. Ms. Burgoa hol
Lety  Melendez
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A poignant beautiful story about family, love, and forgiveness. The term family usually has one perception for most people but this is why I fell in love with Claudia's stories from book 1 in the Unexpected series. Family can be made up by many different shapes and sizes and in some cases the love of a non-blood family member is so much more meaningful, permanent, and unconditional than that of a blood relative.

That is the case in My One Regret. Kaden and Sadie both come from broken homes albeit
⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦
Right from the very start this book drew me in. Two people.... living a lie. Going day by day, and are slowly dying on the inside. No spark left in them, until they meet for the very first time.

A Rocker, and a young girl that will find homage in his heart.

Love, sex, pain, and heartbreak.
These two live for the angst, and drama bestows upon them. But their love for one another will hold firm.

****
My One Regret was a bittersweet read that made my heart pitter patter.
Caroline F
What an emotional read! I always approach this author's novels with trepidation and a box of tissues because you can always guarantee that her stories will be heart-wrenching but so beautiful.

"Desperation. Guilt. I blame her for not holding on to me, for letting me be the most stupid man in the world. I lost her, and I'm dead inside."

Kaden pursued Sadie and made her fall in love with him. However, he had to make a horrible choice and broke all his promises to her, as well as her heart. When Sadi
K.  Ramjohn
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Claudia has become one of my must read authors. She has a way of creating stories that grip you and suck you in and My One Regret was no exception. This novel took you on an emotional roller-coaster ride from the start and continued right until the end. Your heart will break and you will fall in love. Kaden and Sadie, the rockstar and the florist, two unique complex characters, will have you rooting for them from day one. You will enjoy the journey of watching them fall in love.

Told in both the
Liz
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been wanting to read Claudia Y. Burgoa for some time now. When I had the chance to read My One Regret, I immediately decided to jump on the chance to read and review. From the blurb I knew this would be an emotional and angst-filled read and I was not wrong. The feels were strong with this one and I could not stop reading.

Kaden Hades was full of regret. He let the love of his life go to put his kids first. He felt he was doing the right thing, but he never stopped loving her. Then he fin
Janiky Santana
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My_One_Regret

Claudia has done it again! This time we meet Sadie Bell and Kaden Hades. At first sight, they acknowledge a zig between the two of them. Yet Kaden, being the singer of Killing Hades, has gained the image of a player. Sadie believing in soulmates tries to protect her heart by pushing him away. However, Kaden can’t keep away from Sadie as an invisible magnetic force attracts him to her. One creates the walls and the other has the sledgehammer to bring those walls down.

Three years later, everythin
Kaila
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She's done it again! MOR will give you all the feels. Love, jealousy, angst... you name it, MOR has it!

Kaden and Sadie both come from what you may call dysfunctional families. Kaden, now a rockstar, is a divorced father of two, and Sadie is a single flower shop owner who has been a fan of Kaden's band Killing Hades. They met at a coffee shop where Killing Hades played one day. From that day on, Kaden couldn't keep away from Sadie, but Sadie didn't want to fall for him. Until the day she let go.
Anna
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Madre mía! Oh my gosh!
People, this was an amazing story, I'm heartbroken, but I have my happy smile because it had a HEA.
Claudia Burgoa knows how to write good, joyful, heart wrenching stories, she writes beautifully.

The MCs had both dark, sad childhood, it's just magic they could become such beautiful, soulful people.
They were soulmates, they had this special kind of love...

I'm in love with Sadie. This girl has inner light, she was patient, tender and nice to people around her, in spite of her
Robyn
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kade Hades and Sadie Bell are in love and engaged to be married. They thought that nothing could ever break them apart, but they were wrong. When tragedy strikes with one of Kade’s daughters, the relationship suddenly starts to crumble. Kade does not want to let Sadie go as she is the love of his life, but his daughters come first. He would do anything for his kids even if it means losing the one woman that means everything to him. Months pass and Kade still can’t get over losing Sadie and he wo ...more
Renee
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

When he left her, he made the biggest mistake of his life. But no she might be gone for good. Kaden Hades couldn't handle touring with his rock band and a relationship-until he discovered Sadie, the love of his life. But when tragedy struck with his teenage daughter, Kaden broke off the engagement, swearing to put his kids first. Then he gets the phone call. Sadie has been in a car accident. By the ti
Michele McMullen
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Kaden and Sadie .
Claudia has once again pulled me in and taken me on a wild emotional ride.
Relationships are difficult and sometimes you need to let go and to take care of what you think is right. Thinking that yes i will go back and make that relationship better. Although what if the unthinkable happens and you are not able to complete that journey with that person? This is going to take you on a trip through the beautiful, the ugly , the promises and the wait at a second chance that you think
Dilek VT
Nov 18, 2018 marked it as nope
Nope because I wouldn't be able to stand the hero's daughter if I read it...

What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Romance book with rock star and florist. [s] 3 23 Apr 01, 2019 12:00PM

• Whatever It Takes
  • Loner
  • One More Song
  • Sing to Me
  • Why It’s Real
  • Her Football Star Ex (A Second Chance for the Rich and Famous #3)
  • It's Not Over (Fair Lakes #1)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • A Filthy Engagement (Filthy Line #2)
  • An Old Flame
  • Nobody but You
  • Watch Me Unravel (Blue is the Color, #2)
  • Take a Chance on Me (All I Want, #6)
  • Where Love Lives (Maplewood Falls, #2)
  • That's the Way I Loved You
  • Best of my Love
  • Secret Billionaire Baby Daddy
  • From Smoke To Flames (West Brothers #3)
Claudia is an award-winning, USA Today bestselling author.
She writes alluring, thrilling stories about complicated women and the men who take their breath away.
She lives in Denver, Colorado with her husband and her youngest two children. She has a sweet Bichon, Macey, who thinks she's the ruler of the house. She's only partially right.
When Claudia is not writing, you can find her reading, knitti