Start by marking “Old Enough (The Age Between Us, #1)” as Want to Read:
Old Enough (The Age Between Us, #1)

Old Enough

(The Age Between Us #1)

I’m old enough to drive a car, buy alcohol, and enter a club.
I’m old enough to take responsibility for my actions.
I’m old enough for her.
No matter what her middle-aged friends or society says.
No matter she’s the age of my mother.
No matter why or how I met her.
I’ll take those secrets to my grave.
And her with them.
If those secrets don’t ruin us first.

(OLD ENOUGH is
Published July 17th 2018 (first published July 14th 2018)

Start your review of Old Enough (The Age Between Us, #1)
Deborah
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book is an older woman/younger man and that’s not my thing. At all.
The few times I’ve read OW/YM in the past was by accident. Either it wasn’t mentioned in the blurb or the difference was only a couple of years so nothing major. Yet I said yes to the offer of an arc (and I’m very picky about which arcs I accept) because the two books I’ve previously read by this author were fabulous.
And I was curious where she’d go. Could she write a book I’d like about I subject I don’t?

And the answer to
Bibi
Jane, the heroine, is a joke.

And oh, did I mention she's a joke?

Jane,
description

Mindy Lou's Book Review
I gotta say this is the best older woman, younger man tropes I have read to date. The author did a brilliant job of making this 19 year old come off as one of the most confident and dominant heroes and yet stay true to his age.

Brian's story is believable. The way he is an old soul due to how young he was when he had to become the man of the house. I'm very intrigued by him and I'm on pins and needles waiting to see what is going to happen in book 2.

I'm not sure how I feel about Jane yet. I like
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
4-4,4 stars

Old Enough took me by surprise, I didn't expect to love it so much!I find myself hooked and I couldn't put it down.It was hot,fast paced and intense.

The story line was refreshing and different from what I have read and this make me enjoy it even more.Brian is sweet,protective and sexy.Jane is an interesting heroine.I loved her most of the time but there were some moments she frustrate me.

I can't wait to read the next book!!

Sophia Triad
Jane: When I meet his eyes again, there’s amusement in his. He knows he’s pretty, and he’s used to being looked at. He flashes me a smile, exposing a dimple in his left cheek.

Brian: She’s a woman, not a girl. Too much woman, maybe. For me, I mean. But Jane’s also a lady. She’s in a class that exists on the other side of the tracks, the kind who is well-bred and polite.

Jane and Brian: The battle I’ve been fighting for the past two weeks is lost. I become wholly and irrevocably aware
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
4 STARS!
It's both beautiful and scary. Like him.
Creating a believable premise for a dark read is no easy feat, but once again Charmaine Pauls delivers!

The story opens with 42 year-old ad exec Jane getting blindsided by her husband.
"I'm leaving you."
Despite the shock, she's not really dismayed. They may have shared 12 years and a child, but their marriage was never a heated one.

One month later she meets Brian.

Brian is not your average 19 year old. He may be young
Carvanz
Wow! This was so much more than I anticipated!

I’ve never been a huge fan of the older woman/younger man trope but I’ve loved everything I’ve read by this author so I trusted her and took a step right off into the deep end of the crazy world she always seems to create. I couldn’t be happier about it.

Jane’s husband leaves her for another woman and her life is suddenly in turmoil. Her greatest love was lost years ago and so her marriage has been one of safety, security and friendship. Now she’s fac
Princess under cover
So. Here's the nutshell: Like Brian, the hero a LOT. His name, not so much. I dunno. Brian is just so proverbial. Too common for his compelling character. Jane? Don't care. She's not bad, but she's not memorable either. It's Brian I'm reading the book for.

Plot - predictable as you can imagine. The fact the novel ended without really "ending" is deeply unsatisfying. Why drag this out??? Just give them their happily ever after already. I hate "series" that drag out for no good reason.

Sex - pretty
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
30688871_1754422677943398_901543953604542464_n

Well, well well, what a surprise this was.
So after previously deciding against ARC reading this; as well if I'm honest as much as I love age gap romances they don't really work for me when its a younger man older women.
I know double standard and all, buts that's just the way I roll.
I can only think of one instance when the above trope has worked for me; a story by Carian cole so I usually avoid younger man romances like the plague.
But after reading a small taster of the first couple chapters the
Dee Montoya
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 Stars**

This book is hot, no doubt there. Unfortunately I need more than just hot sex in a book.

I was never able to connect with the characters and the plot was all over the place, it was overwhelming and confusing.

If you are looking for a really hot book, you know the panty-melting kind ? this is your book. For me I have to be in the mood for it, and I guess now is not that time.

Auntee
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Erotic romance fans
Oh. Wow.
Where to begin?
A 'taboo' romance between a 'wrong-side-of-the-tracks' 19 year old man (yes, a 'man' in every sense of the word) and a beautiful, sophisticated, up-town 42-year old woman?
Can I enjoy this and believe in them as a couple?
Oh you betcha!

First of all, the writing is first rate. It's such an interesting premise, and I was curious to see if the author could pull it off. Going in I was a bit skeptical, prepared to give up on it if it wasn't to my liking. But I not only liked it,
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
So good and the best is yet to come. Ugh cliffhangers!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was curious about this story and what she would do to make this reverse May to September romance an okay situation. It is funny how people view others when the man is older – that is acceptable. However, when the woman is older, then that is seen differently. Shame and disgust can be evident even from your good friends.

This story is one of those stories. A hidden secret romance that has a huge secret at
Sara ➽ Ink Is My Sword
✪✪ 1/2
“The more I get to know her, the more I feel like I’m getting to know myself, because she’s a reflection of what I am. She’s an answer to my call. Two damaged souls. The only difference is with her there’s beauty in the broken.”

Disclaimer: Thank you to the author and NetGalley whom provided a copy in exchange for an honest review.
description All images were found in pinterest, I do not own any of them.

I knew this was gonna be sexy, I just never thought there was gonna be HOT HOT HOLY FUCK H
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5-4 ⭐'s

I started writing this review after I’ve already finished the second book and I have to say that this is the build up to the worst case of Murphy’s Law that I’ve ever read. Everything and I mean everything that could go wrong goes wrong for Jane and Brian.

But I digress - this book is about getting to know Jane and Brian and what started out as a possible job ends up being the love of Brian's life. He's only nineteen but he's wise beyond his years...in more ways than one!

Their relatio
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Yikes. Old Enough is another fabulous read by this author but I really do need more:)

This is Jane and Brian’s story. I loved the different spin on how these two meet. Jane is older than Brian by quite a few years. She’s hesitant about being with a much younger man but every time they meet she falls for him more.

How long can Brian keep his secret for??

That ending was perfect. I can’t wait to read the second part of this story. I’ve got a feeling it’s gonna a faster paced read.
Sky- A hopeless romantic girl :D
Spoilers Ahead!!!

Damn this book was a total disaster!
I sure finished the whole story because plot had points to keep you interested and some suspense to want you to reach the end but as i read the book all i was feeling was anger, frustration and so much pity ( for me).
First of all this was my saturday night read which i always look forward to but this book ruined it!!

Second of all whatever happened in heroine's life felt like a mix of bunch of bad soap operas where she is raped, stabbed, che
benevolent bastard
MsMoxy
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STARS JUST ISN’T ENOUGH FOR Old Enough
“The devil wears many disguises. His favorite is the one of lover, because it’s so effective.”

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK! THE MOOD, SETTING, PLOT, CHARACTERS…

THIS BOOK HAS IT ALL!!!!! I’m so much in AWE I really don’t know where to begin with this review so bear with me as I could very well go off on a number of tangents!

Oh the FEELS this book brought out of me! Charmaine Pauls is a brilliant writer who creates these layered characters yo
Jo
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m left gasping at the end of this book. I need the next book NOW!
The story of Jane and Brian has you literally galloping through this page turner.
The characters are so well written and yet again you are place somewhere that you know will end in tears but you don’t know which way the gut wrenching tragedy will come from.
There are a number of characters in this book that bring out that passionate side of you. I’m not a violent person but Debs need a bitch slap.
I can’t say enough good things abou
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
4 stars. Charmaine Pauls is slowly but surely on her way to becoming one of my new favorites. Her stories are so addictive and unique. I had no doubt in my mind that I was going to enjoy this and she definitely didn’t let me down.

Okay, picture my excitement when I got the e-mail about this book and seeing that it’s not only an Older/Younger relationship but an Older Woman/Younger Man relationship! Hell, yes. I’m all for that. The norm seems to be for the guy to be older so to see this was great.
Laura Lee
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Old Enough (The Age Between Us #1)
By Charmaine Pauls
4 Stars

Well what a tangled web this book has become! After the devastating opening scene, bits and pieces are all coming together.

Jane, has felt nothing but loss as far as her love life has gone. 2 relationships down the toilet. Her daughter now wants to spend time with her father and his new fiancé. Having a successful career is about the only thing that is in her favor.

Brian, barely surviving on his paycheck and full-time student status. Ra
BAM Endlessly Booked
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, own, e-book
Charming couple but I didn't feel sparks. I dont know maybe I just like it rougher? But there was no shock value for me. So you know what this was like? Watching Magic Mike and realizing the screenwriter tried to give it a plot. That's what I compare it to ...more
Jen
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!!
God, this book!! So many feels along with a twist I wasn’t expecting!! The heat between Brian and Jane was off the charts 😍😍!! The writing was top notch too. I can’t wait for book 2.
Gladys
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a very big fan of the forbidden romance trope, so when I saw this I was intrigued. Often though these books can lead to a letdown because they are just cookie cutter copies of the same basic idea and are all about the intimate scenes and lack anything else of substance. Well, that was definitely not the case for this book. Was it hot and steamy? Yes It was, but it was so very , very much more. This is a complex, well written, deeply moving and powerfully engaging read.

Brian and Jane. These
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Old Enough by Charmaine Pauls is book one in The Age Between Us series. This is the story of Brian and Jane. Jane just got confronted by her husband saying that he is leaving her and pursuing a relationship with a women he worked with and now loves. Jane of course is shocked and surprised that he would leave her after 12 years of marriage.
Brian who will be 20 in 8 months has struggled to care for his family and really is older that his physical age through experience. Brian needing money for hi
Viktoriya
Jun 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, kindle
DISCLAIMER I got a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

For starters, this was a first book for me where a much younger man is "romancing" an older woman (most of the times, it's the other way around). So, I was very intrigued to see how it all played out. to be honest, it was disappointing. The characters written in such a way that you would never believe that Brian is barely 20 and Jane is in her 40s. Brian acts, talks, things, and behaves himself like a 40 pl
~IreneOust~
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I became a HUGE fan of Charmaine Pauls after reading her Loan Shark Duet last year. I am not sure what makes me love her writing so much but love it I do.

Age gap is my thing as in I LOOOOOOVE books with age difference. And the bigger the better. But usually when the male character is the older one. Long story short, I am so happy I didn't pass on this because the age gap was reversed. I was pleasantly surprise at how much I ended up enjoying this story which didn't exactly go in the direction I
Sara
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gah! I wasn’t expecting that cliffhanger! I knew there’d be a cliffy, I could feel it coming but the story finished at 90% and damn was that ending ominous!

The first chapter for book 2 is included at the end, but I’m not spoiling myself. I’m gonna wait impatiently for the second instalment.

I really enjoy Charmaine Pauls’s writing. From the beginning she manages to suck you into the story and feel it as though it’s you living the story, not the characters.

Jane and Brian are prefect match for eac
Sofia Weavind
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book. I love Charmaine Pauls!
I was very quickly completely taken over by Brian and Jane.
In fact, I started reading slower, so that I wouldn’t run out of their story too fast. Sadly, the end did come and I am on tenterhooks for the next book.

Brian and Jane make something work, that looks impossible from the outside. Not only is there a huge age gap, but they’re from opposite sides of the tracks.

As usual there is a lot of detailed story and I just lo
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Book Cover Update Request 3 19 Apr 13, 2018 03:39AM

• Devil’s Lair (Molotov Obsession #1)
  • Darker Than Love (Darker Than Love, #1)
  • The Land Where Sinners Atone
  • Reckless (Amato Brothers, #2)
  • Callum's Hell
  • Say Yes
  • Gold Mine (Diamond, #2)
  • Unconditional
  • Silver Lining (Diamond, #3)
  • Becoming His Mistress
  • Forget Me Not
  • Corrupt Idol
  • Forever Destined (Tormentor Mine, #3-4)
  • Coach Me
  • The Divorce (The Relationship Quo, #1)
  • Shadows of Shattered Souls (Pieces of Us, #2)
  • Control Freak
See top shelves…
Charmaine Pauls was born in Bloemfontein, South Africa. She obtained a degree in Communication at the University of Potchestroom, and followed a diverse career path in journalism, public relations, advertising, communication, and brand marketing. Her writing has always been an integral part of her professions.

After relocating to Chile with her French husband, she fulfilled her passion to write fu

The Age Between Us (2 books)
  • Young Enough (The Age Between Us, #2)