Start by marking “The Hate Vow (Quicksilver, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Hate Vow (Quicksilver, #1)

The Hate Vow

(Quicksilver #1)

Eric de Vries.
Looks like millions.
Worth billions.
A body like the David with a mind to match.

Unfortunately for this wayward heir, to keep his money, he needs a wife.
And of all the women in the world, he chooses me.
Too bad I've hated him for five years, since he took all my tears and tossed me away.
The guy slept his way through half of New England and discarded women like
343 pages
Published March 29th 2019 by Raglan Publishing

TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a NEW TO ME Author & Books! I was so excited to sign up and receive this ARC! The blurb really drew me in!

What tragedy to learn right of the bat, when Eric goes to visit his grandmother Celeste Annika Van Dusen de Vries (cool name too) for a not so cool grandma! *glaring at her* bu when Eric finds out the initial reason for the visit, he is...rather...shocked. How, when, who, where...is how the thoughts started when his dear grandma tells him the stipulation is to marry, have a wife.
Harloe Rae
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Since the day Nicole French revealed the blurb for The Hate Vow, I knew this was a must-read. Every post and teaser and excerpt leading up to release only made my anticipation grow. When the book was finally in my grasp, I couldn’t wait to dive in.

The Hate Vow is a complex tale of Eric de Vries and Jane Lee Lefferts and their twenty million dollar deal. I was sucked in by the concept only, but the story is so much more than I’d planned for. Nicole paints a picture so vivid, I lived and got lost
F.S. Faqir
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Mr De Vries.

Does Nicole French know how to keep you wanting more or what?

This ending has me dying for The Kiss Plot, like all these lose ends and I have no idea what is coming up next.

I'm gobsmacked, as always Nicole French had me captivated and entralled with every story she writes and I'm grateful to have been along this journey with her addictive books since Legally Yours. For that reason, being able to go back to meeting Jane and Eric and getting their story is a pleasure. Just one I
Sabrina
Mar 27, 2019 rated it did not like it

I tried. I really did. But this was just not the book for me. And it's purely a case of it's not you, it's me. I struggled from 1% in with the writing style and it was page one that I already knew that it wouldn't be something I could read and appreciate. But I don't dnf books so I pushed on and held out hope that the story would be intriguing enough for me to get over those struggles. That sadly never happened though.

My main struggle with the way this was written was that, for me, scenes were
Elsie Caba
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading The Hate Vow and I LOVED IT! This book is my favorite right with Nico.

We first met Eric and Jane in the Spitfire trilogy. They were Skylar's best friends. There was always so much going on with them, they're fire, hot and cold, friends and lovers and then hate.

Their story brings them together with a predicament Eric is living and needs her help. Throughout the story we witness them falling in love again thru fighting and dealing with so much.

Nicole introduces bunch of
Danielle Harris
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This Author is new to me. I'm now eager to read more of her work. This book has everything. I laughed the banter was funny, and I love the witty Jane.

No spoilers from me, but Jane lands herself into some trouble. But this doesn't stop her. Eric needs Jane they make a deal so they can get the cash. I highly recommend this book and I can't wait for the next one. This does have a cliffy.
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
5 starts is not enough it’s just not enough to describe this couple!

We’ve heard it time and time again; there’s a fine line between love and hate but when it comes to Jane and Eric they simply love to dance along the line with their middle fingers in the air! Both do as they please, how they please and when they please! They tow the line in some aspects of life (work) but are in full control of others (bedroom)! Put these two fierce personalities together and a combustion unlike any other takes
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eric de Vries is a playboy through and through, he enjoys being single and has no qualms about his love'em for a night and then leave'em in the morning style. But the eternal bachelor has just been handed a blow from his grandmother that he never saw coming, she insists he marry in order to maintain his billionaire status. The last thing he wants to do is get married, and be forced to spend every waking moment with one woman, but he loves his luxurious lifestyle too, so something is going to hav ...more
Jolene St Germain Triggs
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Wow! Once again this author has left me speechless! I've been sitting here in a stupor trying to find the words to do this book justice, but I can't... She takes us to New York, Chicago, and my absolute favorite BOSTON in this book, once again transporting us on a magic carpet of words, to places so real you can see them. I mean, this book checks every single item off my criteria for a good book list, the dark broody hero, the snarky take-no-s%#t from anyone heroine, sexual tension off the chart ...more
Janet Taggart Baldwin
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is one I had to digest and mourn for a day before I could write a review. I LOVE you Nicole French! How did you write a book that knew what my heart needed? I was so totally enthralled with this book that I gorged on the pages until I got toward the end and then I tried to slow down so it wouldn't end but I couldn't because there was so much happening and I couldn't put on brakes because my momentum was too fast! Now I know that was a mouthful right there but this book is all that and ...more
Tammy
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author is never a disappointment. I love her stories, and this is no different.
This book is the story of Eric and Jane, whom we first met in The Spitfire Series; Eric and Jane have a complicated love/hate relationship.

Eric is summoned by his Grandmother, she is dying, and she has given him an ultimatum, he must marry and hopefully produce an heir, seeing as he is the only suitable 'blood' male de Vries left. He balks at this request, he's never wanted to get married, ever; but is told that
Tiffany Gallegos
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review~ This was a different of book for me, one I never expected to become so enwrapped in. It was suppose to be a marriage of convenience nothing more than making sure things fell into place the way they were suppose to. I love Jane and The way she’s not afraid to stand out and be herself unapologetically! Eric... he’s a poet an unapologetic man who is a romantic at heart this book had me yearning at ever turn of the page, I can’t wait for more from Nicole French and too see where this goes!
B
Teri
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Man this book is an emotional roller coaster and this author does an amazing job holding your emotions hostage throughout this read. One minute I wanted to hate Eric the next I wanted to hate her for what she put him through. They both need serious help in many ways and play off each other beautifully if not in anger from past hurts then lost in the passion that burns hot within them. He knows how to reach her in bed but out of the bedroom these two have too many people that fight against their ...more
Joy Westerfield
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever read a book and wish it would never end? That’s how I felt with this book. It is absolutely mind riveting from beginning to end. Eric and Jane gave known each other for quite some time. Then one day Eric tells her he needs a bride. But Jane, knowing how her and Eric are, doesn’t know what to do. Eric continuously tries to show her they need to do this, but something nags at Jane that it’s the wrong thing to do. Do they marry? Will something from both of their pasts stop them? This bo ...more
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
All right, let’s get into this!

First of all, I have an admission to make. Even though I really anticipated this story, I had my reservations. I had always been curious about Eric, because of his aloofness and just how cool he always was. I liked him in the previous books and I definitely enjoyed his push and pull with Jane. Their relationship is literally fire.

About Jane… she was an incognita for me. I liked her in the spitfire series, but she was a little too much at times and usually I was so
Betty Leung
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nicole French certainly knows how to hook us into a story. This book resonated with me being an American-born Chinese. The fact that Jane is half Korean grabbed my attention immediately. My husband is white, so our children are mixed kids, my daughter looks like me. So I totally understood some of Janes insecurities, being the odd one out or feeling out of place.

I loved that Nicole described these insecurities and fears because they are very real. Jane is a very strong character and I loved her
Ms.reads&reds
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this hilariously sexy page turner we meet Eric (insert super long fancy rich last names). He isnt your typical rich alpha. He is determined to make his own name, independent, vulnerable and so romantic without being cheesy. He's a poet and Nicole French gives us glimpses of his poetry throughout the book, making you fall in love with him. Jane is our heroine, she is quirky, fun , unique and fiercely independent. They are opposites in every sense of the word; yet together they are dynamic and ...more
Na
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
“The man somehow always knew my desires before I even thought of them.”

The Hate Vow is a book that splits my readers soul. As much as I enjoyed reading it, I struggled with the overal setup. Certain things, behaviours, actions made it hard for me to totally buy the story.

Also, the fact that this book is pretty long and it sometimes felt like the story was dragged (due to IMO unnecessary ‘fillers’), prevented me from really falling for it. In addition to that, I sometimes felt exhausted reading i
Lisa Reynolds
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot, Steamy, Sexy, Poetic, and more!

Whoa! What just happened? This book is everything I didn't expect it to be. It was a whole lot more really. If you read the Spitfire Series then you've already had a glimpse of Eric and Jane. But to get their story is just awesome. These two are so much alike and yet so different. How much will they both change once they make an arrangement that will change their life. Better yet will they go through with it.  Who knew how explosive those two could still be an
Carolyn Muller
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
Wow! This is my first book by Nicole French and I couldn’t be happier.
I originally thought the storyline was old and had been done many many times, rich guy need wife to obtain the millions he’s set to inherit. And while this book follows that storyline Nicole has made Jane and Eric truly multidimensional. The banter between these two during their engagement is priceless! Eric is pretty straight laced but Jane is quirky resilient and stubborn as all get out. I had serious doubts that thes
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5+ Stars

The Hate Vow WOWed me! The characters, the plot development, the sexual chemistry, the relationships and the comedy all work together to create this seriously good read.

Eric and Jane have a history. In college they were friends, then lovers, then they were not. Going separate ways for the most part, yet still in contact through mutual friends. When Eric finds Jane to make an offer that is hard to refuse, the pair embark on a journey of twisted emotions and high sexual tension.

Jane is a
Britney Chavez
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a first book of Nicole’s that I have read. I got this as an ARC and I was super excited cuz the blurb sounded just too good to pass up!

I have to say it took me a minute to get into it, but once I got hooked, I GOT HOOKED!
I just loved Jane and her sassy-ness and “weird” style, not so weird to be but in the theme of this book and the characters I get it.

Eric took sometime for me to love him. There were times, ok A LOT of times that I hated him and wanted to yell at him to just man the f
Gina Burkart
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
two friends that are trying to make a marraige work for her best friend that is a high powered shipper, but he dosent want this job he just wants to be a lawyer but is going to have to follow his grandma orders before can hand off. this is amazing read that will have you hooked to this story. cant wait for the next book!
Kelly
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
God this book! I’m in love with the journey I just went on and still kind of amazed about the black hole
I somehow fell into. I need book two like I need my next hit (and I don’t even smoke). I wanted to cheer with Jane and I wanted to smack her at the same time. Kind of like how I was marginally pissed at Skyler in the spitfire series for some questionable decisions...Jane doesn’t disappoint. And Eric. Yeah he gets my vote - a climber who spouts poetry? Sign me up. Read it. You won’t regret it.
Cindy Fong
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eric is being forced into a marriage so why not ask Jane, the one girl that he onced loved but now hates him. Well hate is a strong word for the hot and cold relationship that Eric and Jane have endured over the last five years. Jane is very different than the typical New York elite, with her slanted eyes and perchant for color. For Eric, her "color" is part of her attraction as he lives in a world of black and wite, but Jane often feels unworthy but she is determined to not let the cattiness of ...more
Andrea
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read of Nichole French's (even though I have a couple other of hers on my kindle). DEAR LORD. SO GOOD. What did I just read?! I couldn't put it down. I will be honest. The first couple chapters took me a while. It felt slow to me and I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book. HOWEVER, after a couple chapters went past and I got into the groove with her writing and the story line, the book flew by because I couldn't stop reading!

The witty banter (which I love in a
Tanja Kezmic
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: omgreads
I'm not sure I have words right now to express what I just read. The lust, the banter, the mystery and the love-hate relationship between the MC's. Everything about it was intriguing and had me sitting at the end of my seat happily turning page after page to see what will happen next.

And I just read that book two is coming in June?!?! I don't think I'll be able to wait that long to see how far these two lovebirds can find a way to HEA.

PS; I HATE CLIFFHANGERS 😜

***Review copy requested and revi
Shauna Stevenson
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is…WOW! This is Ms. French’s best yet, and that is really saying something as her previous books have been nothing short of fantastic.

Eric and Jane will set your reading device on fire. The chemistry between these two is off the charts. Their interactions and the way they play off each other made for an exciting and intriguing story.

The dynamic between them was akin to watching a tennis match. The back and forth of the “I hate you”’, “I love you” leaves the reader just as confused
H.B. Jasick
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy effing cliffhanger, Batman! This book has my mind spinning with questions, with possibilities... I am floored. These characters are fantastic and addictive. I have never felt so many mixed emotions while reading a book before. I need more, and I’m not sure I’ll be able to survive the suspense! This is an absolute must read.
Lori Caprio Tate
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew going into this book I would like it. I mean come on Nicole French wrote it, but about a third way into it I was absolutely in love with it. I was taken on a journey with Jane and Eric and I didn't want it to end. The characters are so well written I feel as though I really know them and the storyline had the ups and downs of a love hate relationship filled with a constant feeling of woah and what just happened there. The next book can't come quick enough!

Nicole French is a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance. She's also a hopeless romantic, Springsteen fanatic, and total bookworm. When not writing, she is hanging out with her family, playing soccer with the rest of the thirty-plus crowd in Seattle, or going on dates with her husband. In her spar

Quicksilver (2 books)
  • The Kiss Plot (Quicksilver, #2)
“We passed one couple who were practically horizontal over the pier railing. They didn’t stop. I bit my lip as we passed, trying to ignore the ache flowering in my lower belly. It had been humming there all night.
“Remember when that was us?”
Eric was watching the same couple with…was that longing in his gray eyes? He chewed absently on his lower lip for a minute and squeezed my hand a little harder.
“A bit, yeah,” I said. “We had a little more style, though. You were never one for PDA, to start.”
“I had you in that alley in Allston once. Behind the bakery, remember?”
“Had me? What am I, a pastry?”
The right side of his full mouth tugged up in a smirk. “What do you want me to say? I pounded you like bread dough?”
“I believe the term is ‘fucked,’ sir,” I proclaimed. “It was a shag fest.”
0 likes
“Once upon a time,” I said as I slowly drifted my mouth around the edges of his lips, “you used to know how to quiet this crazy mind of mine. You knew how to own it. Did you forget?”
Eric was a statue, but his eyes were stars. “Absolutely not.”
0 likes