Start by marking “On the DL (MVP Duet #1)” as Want to Read:
On the DL (MVP Duet #1)

On the DL

(MVP Duet #1)

A second-chance romance as scorching hot as a baseball diamond in August.

Slater "Savage" Harlow

Winning the MVP award for the Birmingham Bandits last year was the highlight of my baseball career. It was the culmination of childhood dreams, calculated adult decisions, sacrifice, and a hell of a lot of focus. Tearing my ACL in spring training? Not what I expected at all.

Published July 20th 2018 by Laramie Briscoe Books

To ask other readers questions about On the DL, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the DL

Laramie Briscoe
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
On the DL - Book #1 in the MVP Duet is LIVE!!!

Free in Kindle Unlimited

A second-chance romance as scorching hot as a baseball diamond in August.

Amazon --> http://kindlel.ink/OntheDL
Amazon AU --> http://kindlel.ink/OntheDLAU
Amazon CA --> http://kindlel.ink/OntheDLCA
Amazon UK --> http://kindlel.ink/OntheDLUK

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Liz
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
On the DL is the start to a new duet by Laramie Briscoe with all the feels! A second chance romance that was sweet and charming. Two people who were always meant to be together, but life got in their way. Now they are both back home and wondering if this is their second chance?

Another great read by Laramie Briscoe that does end in a bit of a cliffy, but the second book is not too far off!

Happy reading!
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Laramie Briscoe has got a way with her words when it comes to a contemporary romance novel. She slays every single time with her journeys and makes my heart flutter with her swoony characters. I'll be honest, the Moonshine Taskforce series is what really won me over with her. (highly recommend y'all!!) but this new duet? Absolutely brilliant and I just can't get enough of Malone and Slater.

On the DL is the first of two books in the MVP duet, dropping two characters you won't soon forget-
April Symes
On the DL is the start to a new duet by Laramie Briscoe with complete and total FEELS!!!! Slater "Savage" Harlow: Winning the MVP award from the Birmingham Bandits last year was the highlight of his baseball career It was the fruition of his childhood dreams, calculated adult decisions, sacrifice, and his masterful focus. But tearing his ACL in spring training? Not what Slater expected at all. Now he is home in his small tow Georgia, rehabbing in the comfort of his own home with people he is fam ...more
Melyssa Winchester

Title: On the DL
Author: Laramie Briscoe
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series or Standalone: Series (MVP Duet #1)
Rating: ★★★★★

description

We meet Slater Harlow (Savage) toward the end of the Moonshine Task Force series, and right away, given his interaction with his college roommates sister, I knew I wanted to read more about him. Needed to know more about him.

What I’ve come to love about this author is that she thinks like a reader when she’s writing, so what I wanted, what I’m sure a lot of people reading th
Brittany
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've said it before so Ill say it again. I am the biggest sucker when it comes to second chance romances stories, they are my weakness, with that being said I absolutely loved this one. I love Slater and Malone both as individual's and together as a couple. It is obvious they belong together and everyone believes that as well. The two are destined to be together and you can't help but root for them from the get go.
I don't want to give to much away but in the beginning of this book Slade and Malo
Lisa
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am such a sucker for a second-chance love. Add in a sexy baseball player and you have me hooked. Briscoe never fails to capture my heart and keep me enthralled to the very last page, and this one is no exception.
I fell in love with Slater and Malone from the beginning. I loved watching them learn who the other has become after all those years. I couldn't get enough of them!
Of course, being a duet, it ended in a bit of a cliffhanger, but don't worry the second isn't far away (I checked). Can'
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We all have had that love that we think is forever , that is what Savage and Malone have , at least they thought they did , then she broke it off wanting to love a little and broke his heart in return.
Now they are both back in their hometown he is recovering from and injury and she lost her job.
The chemistry is still there and it might take a lot for the trust to get there again.
i fall in love book blog
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
On the DL is the first book in Laramie Briscoe's new duet, The MVP Duet. It releases today and ends on a cliffhanger, but fortunately the second book, MVP, releases in just two weeks. I haven't seen a release done like this before, and I really like it. So often I read a book and then have to wait a year or longer to find out what happens next. When that happens I always forget some of the important details from the last book, and it takes a while before I get back in the rhythm of the book. I'm ...more
Renee
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

On the DL is the first book in the MVP Duet from Laramie Briscoe. Since it is a duet that might give you a hint at what kind of ending you can expect from this book. However the second book is not far away so that make so that makes it much more bearable.

Slater "Savage" Harlow: Winning the MVP award from the Birmingham Bandits last year was the highlight of my baseball career It was the culmination o
MammieBabbie
Okay, where do I even start with this gorgeous story? Firstly, I have to say that Laramie really has outdone herself with Slade and Malone's story. I loved these two characters so much. They were relatable and more than loveable...even when they made me want to shake them up and make them realise where they were going wrong.

The first thing I have to say about this story is that it is sweet and touching. It is a story that most people will be able to empathise with, with its coming of age feel an
Deborah Harrell-jones
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Deborah from Alpha Book Club
descriptiondescription

We have been waiting for Savage’s story since we met him in Caleb's book and now we have the man behind the baseball uniform. The story introduces Savage and Malone when they are seniors in high school with their future planned out. What happens though when one of them doesn't want the future they been planning all along. When Malone sees another future she takes and chance and breaks Savage's heart in the process. Fast forward 10 years later, Malone and
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

On The DL is a bit different than what we are used to from Laramie Briscoe but I loved it! This is the first book in the duet but have no fears book two releases soon so there isn’t a huge wait. I like the way that Ms. Briscoe has broken the book up, I think it works well with the bit of a cliffhanger we get because it adds to the emotions you are left with. I haven’t started book two yet, but I am anxio
Megan Hubble-Roney
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy... I think there are a lot of people out there who can relate to Slade and Malone. First loves,college,finding yourself... Having doubts and reservations. Being afraid to talk! Why are we always afraid to talk!?

Ten years have come and gone since Malone and Slade set eyes on each other. They're both in different places now, almost feels like they're both starting over.

Can they move past the past. Will Slade be able to hear and listen to what Malone is asking of him? Will Malone speak up s
Sherri Babb
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow Laramie Briscoe has hit it out of the park with this one. I absolutely loved this second chance romance. Slade and Malone were high school sweethearts. Malone was going to follow Slade to college and be there with him to support his dream of become a major league baseball player. Malone had dreams of her own. In the end she choose her dreams over Slade's and they went there separate ways. Now ten years later they are both back in their home town again. Slade because he was injured in trainin ...more
Jen
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Note: An advanced reader copy (ARC) was provided by the author via Give Me Books Promotions. The full review can be read on Dog-Eared Daydreams.

Being on the disabled list and getting fired prove to be the impetus that have Slater's and Malone's paths crossing again, and I must admit that their breakup a decade prior was really rather heartrending. Yes they were eighteen-year-olds but heartbreak is heartbreak at any age, especially given that these two were engaged, very much in love, and had pla
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

This is the first of a duet by Laramie Briscoe. Holy cow! I didn't know what I didnt know. Love when authors give us little easter eggs in their other works. Bam! I am so happy that Caleb " Cruise" Harrison from the MTF series had a college roommate that got this author's creative juices flowing. We see just a mention of him in Caleb's book. But believe me, you are going to want to know all about Slade.

Slade and Malone were high school sweethearts. Malone decides she needs to find hers
FMR Book Grind
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by: Leeann
4 STARS

This is a story about 2 young people with the world at their feet but one conversation tears them apart for years. Now the 2 characters in this book are extremely complex and at times frustrating! Malone has grown into a confident self-assured woman and when she has to temporarily move home she comes to a huge realization about herself and her life so far.
Slater is in some ways still a kid but in a man's body. He knows what he wants but he is very self-absorbed and need
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
My first thoughts after finishing this are “AHHHHHHH! OMG! WHHHHHHYYYYYYYY!?” followed quickly by double checking when the next book comes out. In true duet fashion On The DL has left me dying for the next book because Savage and Malone’s story is so insanely good and I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! Laramie Briscoe is one of my favorite authors with her incredible ability to always write a story that has romance that makes you swoon no matter what or who it’s about and that shines brightly in ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
This was definitely something a little different from Briscoe. A sweet, second-chance romance to get wrapped up in. While aspects of this story were emotional and there was some drama, overall, it was a light and engaging story.

Years after breaking one another’s hearts, Malone and Savage, are brought back together when both are dealing with personal struggles. Surprisingly, they are able to form a new type of camaraderie. As time went on and they grew closer, I was interested in how their relati
Addyson Thompson
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow! What an amazing start to the story. I say start because it ends in a cliffhanger so we have to wait to see... Don't let that deter you from reading this story, but if you're like me and don't like cliffhangers, maybe wait until the second part comes out.

This story is filled with a lot of love and compassion between two people struggling to get it right. Malone and Savage, high school sweethearts, plan to get married until different dreams take them in different directions. Ten years later
Kim  Brewing
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love second chance romances - they really are my crack.

In this one we start of with high school sweethearts engaged and about to embark on the next step of the journey...only one of them makes a decision that breaks both their hearts and changes their futures. Ten years later their both back in their hometown. Is it their time now? Can they make better decisions as adults than they did years ago?

I found this such a refreshing change as how it is handled when they encounter each other for the f
Nawteeone
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
On the DL is wildly entertaining and one of Laramie’s best works yet. Laramie continues to impress with her down-to-earth characters and her ability to pen these engaging stories. The relationships that she showcases are always enticing and gripping with a heavy dose of reality. Her dialogue is fluid and captivating.

The explosive chemistry between Slater “Savage” Harlow and Malone Fulcher never truly faded away after Malone breaks Savage’s heart as teens. Years later, they both end up back in t
Jacey Jeffrey
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! I am a huge fan of second chance romance and this book was perfect for me. This is the story of Malone and Slater. They were in love all through high school and they had plans but life happened and things didn't work out. Ten years later Slater is back home and he runs into Malone. The spark is still there....chemistry hasn't disappeared for either of them. The more time they spend together....the more they realize that the feelings are still there for them both. I will admi ...more
Kayla Brunson
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, read-in-2018
I was so ready to give this book 5 stars!!! I knew this ended on a cliffhanger so that's not my reason. My reason is because Slater did the same shit to Malone that he did to her all those years ago.(view spoiler) Ya'll I was about to throw my damn Kindle across the room because of him.

I was into this story and maybe that's why I'm taking it so hard. These two were so sweet and had my emotions all over the place (in a good way!) Reading about
Ida Haden
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ahhh, high school sweethearts. An athlete and his #1 cheerleader, supporter. A boy who has his life figured out as much as an 18 yr old can. A girl, while she adore her bf, is wanting more for herself and not knowing how to voice out her feelings. What could go wrong, right?
Of course, said girl will follow her athlete boyfriend/fiance, forgoing all her dreams and wants in the name of love. Not. Girl found her backbone and decided to forge a life of her own, paying a heavy price of losing her fi
Renee Entress
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, secrets, second-chances, and heartbreak.

This is Malone and Slater’s story. Slater was on top of his game until he got injured. Now he is home and rehabbing that injury. He is spending time with his family and reconnecting with old friends. What he never expected was to see Malone again. She is his one that got away. Malone is back in town which she never thought she would do. She is trying to find herself after a truly terrible year
Reckless Readers
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So I don't normally read second chance romance novels. I hate them most of the time, well all the time. However this is one of my favorite authors so I thought I would give it a try.
It's completely and utterly worth it. It doesn't so much feel like a second shot at but a whole new beginning. It doesn't try to throw the past back and forth.
Malone broke Slater's heart but he destroyed hers too. Being back home after ten years is like stumbling your way down an old path.
Slater is home from an ba
Reva Wiley
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
"On the DL" is one of the best second chance romances that I have read in a while!! Slater and Malone have that once in a lifetime love that everyone wants. They will both have you ready to hit them upside the head because they are so hardheaded and stuck in their ways. I love that Laramie did not add in a bunch of unneeded drama that some authors put in second chance romances.

"On the DL" has you on the edge waiting on them to workout all of their problem but we will not have answers until the
  • Brett
  • Shot Caller (Bad Boy's Baby #1)
  • Korrupted Angels: An MC Crossover Novella
  • Dirty Bitches MC: Season 1
  • Go Hard
  • Hard Tackle (Stepbrother Warriors #1)
  • Wide Open (Offensive Line, #3)
  • Below the Belt (First to Fight, #1)
  • Wild Zone (Rough Riders Hockey, #4)
  • Every Heart (Every Soul, #2)
  • Griff Montgomery: Quarterback (First & Ten #1)
  • Big Win (Brit Boys Sports, #2)
  • My Beloved (Thin Love, #1.5)
  • PowerLess: Anti-Hero Game (Power Chain Book 3)
  • Her Savage Mate: a Sci Fi Alien Alpha Romance
  • Stripping Bare (Steele Ridge, #7)
  • Back to Life (Back to Life #1)
  • Shattered Lives Mended Hearts (The One, #2)

Laramie Briscoe is the USA Today Bestselling Author of over 30 books.

Since self-publishing her first book in May of 2013, Laramie has appeared on the Top 100 Bestselling E-books Lists on iBooks, Amazon Kindle, Kobo, and Barnes & Noble. Her books have been known to make readers laugh and cry. They are guaranteed to be emotional, steamy reads.

When she's not writing alpha males who seriously love

MVP Duet (2 books)