Start by marking “Bittersweet Wreckage” as Want to Read:
Bittersweet Wreckage

Bittersweet Wreckage

Her dad wasn't supposed to die.

He wasn't supposed to have a second family, and her mom wasn't supposed to slip into a prescription drug haze.

And she definitely wasn't supposed to kiss her new "half-brother."

Ivy Lynwood has spent her life under the oppressive thumb of her abusive father. When the impossible happens, and he's found dead in a boat fire, Ivy thinks her life ma
Published June 7th 2018 by Midnight Muse Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Bittersweet Wreckage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bittersweet Wreckage

Start your review of Bittersweet Wreckage
Robin Morgan
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-own-books
I had requested a download from the author through the OTOH Books website, and the following is my honest opinion.

Each one of us are supposed to have a singe mother and father. But what would you do if your father dies in a boat fire? Wouldn’t and your mother have to continue living without him? Since you probably have no idea, why not step into the shoes of the protagonist in this book, Ivy Lynwood.

This might sound horrific for Ivy, but in reality, it had been a blessing in disguise for he had
Crystal
Bittersweet Wreckage is the perfect title for this book. I can't imagine being in the situation these characters were left in. And though the topic seems farfetched to me (though still within the realm of possibility,) I felt like everything was handled just right. There were times when I thought it read a little young but it was told from a sheltered teenagers point of view so it didn't bother me too much. Overall a good book, one that will definitely have me picking up others by this author.
Vicki
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a rather emotional read for me. The situation these people were in - wowza. The heroine's snarkiness was right up my alley and while I liked the romance, the familial parts of the story were more impactful to me.
Michelle
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for YA Books Central

A intense story of finding hope in the worst circumstances.

The Story:
Ivy's life has been anything but easy. Her father is demanding and abusive to both her and her mother, but there's no way out. Until he dies.
They never saw it coming. Suddenly, secrets were coming to life that they were never supposed to know. Ivy soon realizes her father was not the man she thought he was. When she meets the kids orphaned by the same accident that killed her father, she starts to
Sienna Jazmyn
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ok-books
First Thoughts
I was so excited to read this book, after I received it from the author, it sounded like a book I could get lost in. (In a good way) I thought it was going to be a book that I would feel like I was the main character, one I could cry with, one I could smile with, and one I could swoon with. However it didn't really turn out that way. This is my honest review of this book.

Review
So the book doesn't have the most interesting start, its just a bit of a back story, it is useful to know
Tilda
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-ebooks, novels
The author offered me a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
The story is about a dead man having 2 different families which they have to become one after a fatal accident.
I'll confess that the whole family drama was too much for me at times and I was really curious to see how it could end. However, I think of it as a cliffhanger which needs to be completed.
3,5/5
Scarolet Ellis
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my honest and unbias opinion of the story. I have read a story by this author Erin Richards. I am so glad I was able to read this story. This story was so unpredictable and emotional. I fell in love with the strong characters and the story. I can't wait to see what Erin Richards writes next.
zeliz
Bea LaRocca
Jessica Matheson
Tiago
May 31, 2018
USA Today best-selling author, Erin Richards, writes suspenseful paranormal, fantasy and contemporary young adult fiction with a splash of romance. You’ll typically find Erin’s characters in peril, whether based in reality or in a fantasy setting. Magic, murder and mayhem are all in a days’ work!

Erin lives in sunny Northern California, and in her spare time, she enjoys reading, photography, and re

News & Interviews

“The music ended and Jesse's hand slapped the guitar. "I know you're there, Ivy." I stepped into the doorway. "You have X-ray hearing?"
"Tuned to you." He grinned.”
0 likes