Start by marking “Broken People” as Want to Read:
Broken People

Broken People

Broken People is a tale of breaking and healing. In her debut collection Katrine Lynn Solvaag explores the rush of modern day life reflecting how the good and bad in life often come hand-in-hand, including: her struggle with depression, attempts to keep in touch with her Norwegian roots, the loss of her grandfather to cancer, adventures with new friends, and the ecstasy of ...more
Published April 9th 2018 by Burning Eye Books

To ask other readers questions about Broken People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken People

Start your review of Broken People
Jen
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
heartfelt and lovely.

favourites: shoebox secrets, bergen, braastad vsop, hospital, memory chest, kintsugi
Judith
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, on-my-shelf
I'm usually not a huge fan of written poetry because I find it difficult to get the author's emotions from words on a page, but this was wonderful and intense and strange and oddly relatable at times
Loranne Davelaar
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
mooie gedichten + leuke vage vormdingen + nu wil ik naar Noorwegen (Judith vertaal dit maar)
Katrine Solvaag
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote this. I think I’m allowed to like it :P (despite being very critical of it now and then and still wanting to edit it)
Laura Altmann (laurabookish)
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
MINI REVIEW
Earlier today, I finished reading a beautiful little book called Broken People by Norwegian born performance poet Katrine Lynn Solvaag ( @katrinepoetry ) and it absolutely blew me away! The book is divided into two very appropriately named sections, titled The Breaking and The Healing. The Breaking was raw, beautiful and absolutely powerful. I adored Solvaag’s depictions of depression and lost love, they were highly relatable and I particularly loved a poem called Tidal Wave. The
Chloë (thecosyreader)
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Broken People is the debut poetry collection by Norwegian-born Londoner Katrine Lynn Solvaag. It is split into two sections: The Breaking and the Healing. The Breaking details Solvaag’s experiences of depression and heartbreak, and contains some kickass feminist poems. In this section, there are also some powerful poems about sexual assault and the consequences for the assaulted. The Healing contains some much needed lighter poems about new love, home, and family.
Solvaag has such a beautiful
Bookworm In Distress
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wish 4.5 stars existed on good reads. So emotionally intense and beautiful.
Ellie
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paris-bookshelf
Fantastic debut collection about important and emotional issues by a very young poet. The collection is emotionally raw but edited to a very tight and professional format.
Shimaa Emad
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In love!!
So I'm so excited to talk to you guys about my current favourite poetry book This book, "Broken people" , it's more than just a book, it's a voice, the voice of many victims, of many homesick people, of many heart-shattered people, of many BROKEN PEOPLE..
I love how the book includes many different topics and still finds a way to connect them all!
Reading this book I was amazed by how relatable it is, you feel that finally all your missed up thoughts are put neatly in one place
Many poems
Hannah Browes
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Do not confuse me with playdough — I am not a mould awaiting your dirty hands to grasp and shape my body to the image of your desires. I do not exist to make your existence more pleasant. I am not a trophy for your eyes, neither a blur in the dark you can force on its knees and plead to take your phallic power in its mouth.

Be aware: this bitch is not afraid to bite".

From Dinnertime Protest - Katrine Lynn Solvaag.
Sharon
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this collection of writing was amazing, some of the journals really spoke to me. She targeted what it's like to feel alone, scared, and broken. There were some of the poems that it was almost like reading my own thoughts, because of how true and honest Katrine's writing is! I absolutely recommend reading her book of poetry here, you will not be disappointed!
Mandy Lai
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Broken People by @katrinepoetry
4.7/5

1.Super gorgeous writings
(Swipe to see one of my favs in the whole collection)
The words and sentences are so beautifully composed Altho some words keep me checking up the dictionary, but the precision is perfect!!!!!! If you're into good writings/metaphor, or you simply wanna learn more words, this is the perfect book for you!

2. Amazing expressions
She has addressed many different issues using different expressions. I'm sure most of you can feel at least one or
Gretel
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: poetry
A tad juvenile and angsty, but I started to warm to the poems about Norway and the poet's grandfather, but then it had to end with yet another kintsugi poem. Is it a Burning Eye rite of passage? I'm rather sick of it as a metaphor.
addison williams
Zwiizwii
Sep 04, 2019
Alyazia
Nov 17, 2019
Katrine Lynn Solvaag is a Norwegian performance poet based in Canterbury, where she is currently completing her MA in Creative Writing. She has performed at an array of festivals, including Brighton Fringe and Wise Words, and her debut collection Broken People was published earlier this year by Burning Eye Books. During her bachelor’s degree, Katrine undertook a high volume of volunteer work as ...more