Start by marking “Loss in A Major (Backroads Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Loss in A Major (Backroads Duet, #2)

Loss in A Major (Backroads Duet, #2)

The co-writing duo of Mindy Michele brings you the much anticipated conclusion of Ridley and Reagan’s story. A tale of music, forgiveness, and second chances.

In each other they found a connection stronger than they could have imagined, but one night of devastation alters everyone they love.

Sometimes we have to walk away. Sometimes we have to trust, and occasionally our big
Published July 27th 2018 by Enchanted Ink Press

To ask other readers questions about Loss in A Major, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loss in A Major

Amanda Louder
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This writing duo gets better and better! Loss in A Major was heartbreaking and tragic and then had my heart bursting at the seams. Happy and sad tears were shed. This book truly made me FEEL. A powerful love story that will stand the test of time. Ridley and Reagan’s story has it all!
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
I’ve done everything I can to keep my thoughts from straying to the past, to him. Have I warped the memories over the years? Was it not as powerful and rare as I remember it being?
The only thing I don’t look at fondly is the end.

***

Here is the thing, there is so much I want to say. So much. But it would bring about all the spoils and in the book world that is devastating to not only the author who wants to keep their secrets under wraps until the book is read, but for the reader as well. And
Mary
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited when I got an arc of this book. It was the perfect addition to Love in C minor! I was immediately pulled back into the story. I couldn’t put this book down. I loved the perfect ending to this love story. This series is a must read! I’m looking forward to the future standalone to come. Mindy and Michele do not disappoint with this book. Absolutely loved this story!
Stacey Hughes
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just keeps getting better!

Aarrgghh!!! How do y’all just keep getting better and better?! I loved Volume One and anxiously awaited Volume Two, and you ladies did not disappoint! I love being able to read your work and also have my girls read it and share with them. Much love to you both❤
Amy
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin. This is part two in the Backroads Duet, so read the first part first; it is not a standalone. Ok. So that's a start.

This book was the perfect denouement to the story of Ridley and Reagan, my two favorite characters from the Mindy Michele writing team to date. The ending of the first book (Love in C Minor) left me gasping and worrying where we could possibly go from here. I shouldn't have worried. Loss picks up right where Love left off, and sets a breakneck pace into the future w
books are love
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Received in exchange for a honest review. The writing duo of Mindy Michele sleighed me with this book. I was hooked and devoured it.
Favorite character: Ridley hands down. What he went through and did all those years ago was so heartbreaking. The boy never felt he was good enough for Reagan and that just made him feel even less but he was amazeballs. I love how he got when a song came to him. HOw he stuck to who he was and kept his roots. He never became something he wasn’t and always held a spe
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
Shelves: arc
Oh my gosh. These ladies have done it again. This book is amazing. There is so much that I want to say but at the same time I don’t want to because I think you need to read it yourself to experience it.
This book is filled with so much emotion and heartache. The cliff hanger that happens in the last one I was dying to know what was going to happen and this one. I’m glad that it wasn’t what I thought.
There is an incident that happens that tears Ridley and Reagan apart, there was times where I tho
Cora
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story was exactly what I expected for Mindy and Michelle. They did an outstanding job with country love mixed with unbelievable and painful experiences that can pull people apart or drag them back together.

They say how you never really get over your first true love and that’s how it goes for Ridley and Reagan even after years apart they still find a way to come back to each other.

Their trip home for a friend’s wedding leads them down a path they never could’ve imagined. After years apart the
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
Shelves: favorites, na-romance
I absolutely adored EVERYTHING about Loss in A Major. Mindy Michele did an outstanding job with the conclusion to Ridley and Reagan’s story. It was the perfect mixture of loss and heartache and angst and love. There was even moments of humor that had me laughing at the typical Reagan sass and Ridley shenanigans. I’m sure my family thinks I’ve gone crazy with the way I would go from emotional tears to tears of laughter and back again. But that’s the magical effect of Mindy Michele’s writing. They ...more
Taylor Freeman
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 5 Stars

Loss In A Major is book 2 in the Backroads Duet. Mindy Michele is one of my all time favorite author duos. They left us with a huge cliff hanger in book 1, so it was nice to find out what happens.

Ridley seems to get more and more dreamy as time goes on. Reagan ends up becoming a pretty strong woman and I feel like a proud mama bear reading about the two of them as they come into their own. This book has them trying to pick up the broken pieces and figure out this jigsaw puzzle we
Teri
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Violence and it's aftermath tore them apart. Their grief too much to bare. The healing too hard to achieve together. Lives and dreams pulling them apart until that day. So many things unsaid. So many things unknown. But their story isn't done and it's up to him to prove it. This story is one of healing and love that hasn't died. Of finding each other again. He makes it his mission to piece it all back together. They still fit and as the memories come, so does the healing. As the answers are give ...more
Sara Oxton
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loss in A Major by Mindy Michele a five-star read that you will grieve when its over. This is the second book in the backroads duet and you do need to read Love in C Minor first as they complement each other so well, I can honestly say I got so happy when I saw a post by the authors saying there will be stand alone stories that tell the backroads stories as this duet has been one of the best the characters will make you fall in love with them, but be warned they will also make you cry big ugly t ...more
Kristy
Shelves: favorites
This book!!! First, if you have not read the first book in the series, do yourself a favor and read it!! This is the second book in the Backroads Duet and it has easily become one of my favorites. I have read everything these authors have written together and each book keeps getting better. This book has it all, dynamic characters, a plot that makes you want to stay up late wondering what's going to happen and many, many swoony moments that will make you smile! I loved the first book in the seri ...more
Kelsey Buriedinabook_k Lehman
Shelves: arc
I looooved the conclusion of Reagan and Ridleys story. Full of so much loss and obstacles to overcome it truly was amazing. It was so emotionally overpowering witnessing what each person went through. I love how we don't get all the answers right away but throughout the entire book. I couldn't put in down and I didn't want it to end .

There is so much I want to say but I think the not knowing anything makes this story so much greater! Can't wait for more of these characters.
Brittany DeLys
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful story from Mindy Michele!

I love everything these two put together. This series is no exception. A fantastic romance that shows love and loss and all the emotions in between. It’ll have you reading late into the night as you fall more and more in love with Reagan and Ridley.
Ashley
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't know how they do it, but Mindy and Michele have produced a beautiful ending to Ridley and Reagan's story. This follow up book was just what I needed. The characters show a lot of growth from the first book so it made my reading experience so much better. I really loved the first book but I think this one was even better. The writing was awesome and I have grown to love Ridley even more than before.
Lyndsey
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is magic. Mindy and Michele have beautifully finished Ridley and Reagan’s story. I could not put it down. I loved this book!! ❤ ...more
Angie
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love.
Elsie Caba
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and captivating

Once upon a time a boy falls in love with his best friend’s sister. He fights it and fights it, but eventually that perfect small-town girl makes the fight impossible and he gives in."

Wow! where to start. At first I was a little confused about what was going on, but the book starts going back and forth to the end of book one and the present. We see how Rid and Rea lose their way while struggling to heal after what went down.

We get to see another side of them, more mature.
Andrea
Shelves: favorites, 5-star
I can safely say that this book is beyond amazing.So much pain,suffer and happiness was in this book.
This two authors delivered one really amazing story about music,love and forgiveness.
Ridley and Reagan were amazing characters.I cried when they cried ,I was hurt when they were hurt and at the end I was so happy for them.They brought me to tears so many times while reading this book. They did got on my nerves a little bit at the begging.
So many emotions and yet not nearly enough.I wanted to read
Jo
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have so much love for this book and these characters. Their journey was heartbreaking and tragic but also incredibly powerful and triumphant. This book showcases the unshakable power of love. Romantic love, sibling love, familial love. These people went through hell with and for each other and while circumstances may have pulled them apart physically, that love never wavered. Not even for a second. These characters will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Favorite Quote:
“You don’t know me
Sammie
Hannah Wooly
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My heart is battered and bruised and full of happiness for this story. Ridley and Reagan where bittersweet perfection, I was tormented with plot twists and my soul was mended with this stage of their relationship. Getting to see all of the secondary characters stories unfold and how they grew was inrapturing. To see their struggles and how it shaped the adults they became was amazing. I wanted to scream at Ridley and Reagan on so many occasions, they needed to be smacked upside the head and told ...more
Teresa Juckett
Oh my God this book!! 😭

I'd been waiting for the continuation of Ridley & Reagans love story that seemed like it was thriving, but thing's happened life happened. Is it too late for them? This story absolutely broke my heart and put it back together piece by piece. These ladies are just awesome the way they told this story it was like a movie happening in front of you that you wanted to reach out and touch it. The story just flowed flawlessly I felt as if it could keep going never stopping th
Kelli Van Pinxteren
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can't get enough of this series! This book has a great push and pull that keeps you hooked and putting your to-do list on a back burner. Romance is not my first love in reading, but I would drop any book to read Mindy Michele's latest EVERY TIME. They get romance and get the brain of Young Adults. Even the ones who are only YA on the inside now. Ridley is the guy any girl wanted to have. And Reagan is the girl that even other girls love. Don't want to give any plot spoilers. This book is another ...more
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everything I wanted and more!

This second book is a heart healer. I am blown away with how well the authors were able to portray so many emotions in this book. The story line is perfectly paced out and kept me on my toes the entire time. I hope they wrote more about the secondary characters soon!
Suzanne
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love it of course. If you haven’t read love in C Minor get them both and read them one right after the other. If you already read the first... Go back and read it again and let it flow right into Loss in A Major....
Teresa Price
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second story in the Backroads Duet. This second story didn't disappoint! I loved every second of it and then some!! There are so any emotions! Very much blown away!! What a beautiful story in every way!!

I do highly recommend!!
Desiré Oosthuizen
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books
*Audiobook*

I loved it, what a perfect close to their story, I am however a bit peeved at not getting the tongue lashing that Reagan's mum deserved. I will forever wonder how that would have played out :) Hope their will be a spin off with Linc, maybe it will be in there ;).

Thank you so this book was amazing, the narrator did a good job, I have to say here and there I got confused as to who's point of view I was listening to but it didn't take away from the story.

Happy to recommend this book to
Ashley
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet second story with these characters! I loved the growth that everyone went through and honestly I teared up at some moments. This author has a great writing style and knows how to push things so that it brings about a better story.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily reviewing.
Goodreads Librari...: Update book cover 3 22 Jun 18, 2018 08:57AM
Goodreads Librari...: Assign correct author to book 2 10 Apr 29, 2018 02:34AM
Pen name of Mindy Hayes and Michele G.
Miller

We're pretty awesome! We both write books. We both live in the Carolina's (Mindy in South, Michele in North). We like singing in the car, eating white cheddar popcorn, and going on road trips together. You'll find us sharing a table at a few book signings each year. We have a love of romance, New York, anything sweet, and great books.
“Baby, if I can't fix me, then I can't fix you. We can't be us if you won't talk this through.” 0 likes
“Year one, I missed your smile
Year two, it was the sound of you
Year three, the way you loved me
By four, there was a whole lot more”
0 likes