Start by marking “Texting Prince Charming” as Want to Read:
Texting Prince Charming

Texting Prince Charming

After a tragic accident leaves Shelby Ryan permanently injured, she gives up all hope in happily-ever-afters. Shelby puts on a brave face while hiding her pain, but once she returns to school, everything changes. She starts receiving anonymous corny messages from a mysterious Prince Charming, and her nemesis, basketball star and bad boy, Sebastian, shows sudden interest in ...more
Published May 29th 2018 by Omnific Publishing

Start your review of Texting Prince Charming
Laura Caruso
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Early in Texting Prince Charming, we meet Shelby Ryan, her loving family, and her "sometimes arch nemesis," Sebastian. Following a tragic, life-changing event, Shelby must learn to walk again, figuratively and otherwise. Grudgingly, she accepts help from friends, always with a sense that everyone treats her as damaged.

Everyone, that is, except two guys: Arch nemesis-turned-friend, Sebastian; and the titular Prince Charming, an anonymous fan that sends her sweets and flowers, texting her night an
Wendy Million
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Patty Carothers and Amy Brewer have an excellent grasp of the teenage voice. Shelby Ryan jumps off of the page and into your heart as she navigates a whole new reality after a tragic accident. Her strong friendships, love of nutella, and her struggle to find herself again make her a compelling heroine. The sense of romance and mystery inherent in the texts from a secret prince charming are a pageturner.

If you love books with heart, humor, and some swoon-worthy moments, then this is the book for
Anie
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Received from Bewitching Book Tours in exchange for honest review

It's one of those stories that stay with you, that speak directly to your heart and change you a bit. It's book about friendship and love but also about loss and coping with being only survivor.

Shelby was a cheerleader and had a twin brother who played basketball. One night after returning from a game, they got into horrible accident and only Shelby survived. Even she didn't came out unscratched, her leg amputated below the knee.

R
Adele
**Disclaimer: I received an Advanced Reader Copy from the authors in exchange for an honest review. This in no way impacted my review.**

Trigger/Content Warnings: Car Accident, Car Crash resulting in Death, Car Crash resulting in Limb Amputation, Drunk Driving mention, Drunk Driving resulting in Car Crash/Accident, Break In / House Robbery, Physical Therapy

Isn’t the synopsis so cute?! Immediately I had to inquire about Texting Prince Charming. I am over-the-moon happy that I received this ARC bec
Tracy
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a joy to read! I loved the main characters and even found myself tearing up on occasion. This is the perfect YA book! I can’t wait to read their next book!! My only con is that I downloaded the Nook version of the book and it had tons of typos and grammatical errors. It’s almost like they sold a “proof” copy instead of the final edit.
Hayley
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While the cute banter between the two main characters kept this book fun and light-hearted, the trauma Shelby experiences and how she works her way through it is very real. This is a wonderful read for teens who are working through hardships, but also who want a taste of romance. You’ll love Shelby and her “love interest.” 😉
Joy Chang
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bass is the best :)
Darren Dean
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story from the moment I started reading it!

I think the subtle genius of this story is that it takes a trope and turns it into something else besides the run of the mill tragic Teen Fic/Chicklit masterpieces. In a way, it is almost like watching a beautiful butterfly crawl back into a cocoon and emerge as an angry caterpillar. The attention to detail regarding the struggles of the main character in aftermath of her amputation are interesting, but not distracting from the story. The dia
Chris
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love that this shows a girl experience tragedy, losing her leg, and triumph in the end. Wonderful and inspiring!!!
Stephanie
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Practically overflowing with emotional twists, this heart-throbbing story is sprinkled with humor. You don't want to miss this YA contemporary romance." ~ Stephanie Hansen, Owner & Senior Agent - Metamorphosis Literary Agency ...more
Alexandra
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english
You, ladies, have written an amazing story. It broke my heart and glued it back together at the same time. As the daughter of a person with an amputated member and the result of a happy marriage (which unfortunately ended when my father died) I can only say that Prince Charming does exist for everybody. And that despite a huge loss as the one Shelby suffered you can still go forward. You can still smile. And you can still live.
I only gave 4 stars because I would have wanted to see some characte
Laura Snider
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read it!

One of my favorite things about this book is that the main character is handicapped. And she's still the primary love interest for Prince Charming and several others. Her injury impacts her self-esteem, but it doesn't change anyone else's view of her.
Shannon Stults
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelby Ryan has lost more than most of us could probably imagine. After a serious car accident that claimed not only the lives of her parents and twin brother but also one of her legs, Shelby is struggling to find her place in the smoky remains of the world that recently crashed down around her. Enter Prince Charming, a mysterious Instagram-er sending encouraging and just-cheesy-enough-to-be-absolutely-adorable messages to his princess, and Shelby finally starts to open up to the possibility of ...more
Anisa
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This book talks about a girl ,Shelby who is permanently injured after an accident (she lost a leg) both her parents and twin brother are gone. She's a sucker for corny stuff (chocolate, prince and princess stuff) Her twin brother's bff Sebastian was her on and off nemesis. After settling into her aunt's house she suddenly start to receive corny, anonymous message on instagram claiming to be her prince charming. (pftt I would've blocked him right away lolol)

PSA.this is a fun, light-hearted roman
Mary
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy from Bewitching Tour's to base my review on.

Texting Prince Charming is about teenage romance. It starts out by knowing Shelby’s background, what she was doing on the night of her and her families car accident. I felt her pain knowing that she is now the only one left in her family. I have to say I cried for her. Shelby was burying her feelings because she couldn’t face them right away. But I felt them for her. Even through the mess after the accident she finds love, in all
Rebecca Taverner-Coleman
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Clever and quirky, this YA novel definitely exceeded my expectations. I don't have anything against YA literature; I spent my share of time with my head buried in a YA novel in my younger years. I just don't read it frequently these days.

This book kept me interested throughout, such that I had a hard time putting it down when I had to return to my adult life. Told in first person, the story moves along at a fast pace, keeping the reader wondering what was going to happen next between the main c
Becky Price
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
*This book was sent to me in exchange for an honest review*
I really enjoyed this book. It was fun, romantic and light. It was definitely the book I didn't know I needed. Usually I can tell when I need a break from books on more serious topics, but this one kind of snuck up on me. With that being said, the fact that it was such light hearted fun is also why I found flaws within the book. Shelby's entire family dies in a car accident only six months ago, but yet instead of dealing with that grief
Shayla Raquel
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's difficult to find YA novels like this one. Sometimes, the YA novels get so deeply dark that they're clearly written more for adults than young ones. Texting Prince Charming has a lighthearted feel to it even in the middle of adversity.

After a car wreck, Shelby must have her leg amputated. Despite this, the authors still kept the language and style playful and cheerful. Shelby's brother's best friend/her own nemesis starts hanging around, trying to help her out with her new lifestyle. But in
Fallingleave
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book has so much potential but it doesn't reach it. I mean, the detail from the leg is very original and that made me want to read this book so badly.

On the one hand, I just wanted it to end quickly at some points. It's so unrealistic how Shelby acts after the accident. Because of this, I didn't feel the pain and I haven't shed a tear which is sad because I like to be one with the character.

On the other hand, Sebastian is so adorable. He really is. He made me laugh a lot and he made me roll
Lisbeth
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Texting Prince Charming is riveting from the beginning and romantic throughout. Carothers and Brewers expertly build the tantalizing flirtation between the main characters.A YA book with teens and modern dialogue but the authors infuse the characters conversations with palpable energy and tension that can be felt by readers of all ages. Heartbreaking, passionate, and contemporary, Texting Prince Charming is a fun page-turner with a lot of heart.
Luv2 Read
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want a Bass!!!!

This book held me captive from the first page. It ripped my heart and and rebuilt it piece by piece. Shelby is such a strong young woman who is lucky to have a swoonworthy friend like Sebastian. Bass...what can I even say about Bass...He's ever girl's fantasy in one hot package. These debut Authors have a well-written book that will hold you captive until the last word. It's definitely reread worthy!!!
Wendy E.
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Texting Prince Charming is the perfect combination of sweet and witty with the added bonus of a more serious undertone of coping with loss, physical and mental rehabilitation. I also appreciated the realistic teen experience, not the typical “innocent virgin” or insta love story. This book had me turning page after page, unsure what would come next or who the mysterious Prince Charming was! Definitely well worth the read, I loved this book!
Terri Hendricks
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-ebook
This book had me hooked even before I had finished reading the prologue. I am many years past the teenage years, as are my children, but I thoroughly enjoyed following the characters through the ups and downs of their stories.
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A heartbreaking and tragic accident turns into a beautiful love story and the finding of ones inner strength and will. I especially loved all the Disney references 😍 this book gave me all the feels and the teen angst was palpable ❤️
Angela Johnson-Rogers
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a cute book. I can't wait to read more by the authors! ...more
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this so hard.
Katie Proctor
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Couldn’t put this sweet YA down until the end! I loved the sweet story, even though it started with a tragedy, there was so much hope and love.
Tina
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Ooooookay, why haven't more people read this? Just now, after thinking about the book for the umpteenth time, I noticed the low review number and had to add some words of appreciation.

Since reading this book, I have added Extreme - More Than Words to my playlist and every single time that song comes up, I get feels from this book. And each time the need grows to read this book again.

I have to admit it's been a while since I read it, so this wont be a very detailed review. What I do remember, be
Amanda
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Texting Prince Charming is a wonderful mix of comforting cliche and refreshing novelty. I came across a handful of well-loved tropes, almost every one executed in a tactful and fresh manner. The mix of familiarity and surprises, as well as the novel's smooth prose style, made it very easy and very enjoyable to devour. ...more
Bren Coombs
rated it did not like it
May 16, 2020

• Hello, Summer
  • Date Me, Bryson Keller
  • Hard Pass (Trophy Boyfriends, #1)
  • The Black Flamingo
  • The Not-So-Secret Admirer (Men of Nowhere #0.7)
  • My Online Secret Admirer
  • Magpie (Forbidden Desires Spin-Off #2)
  • Swallow (Forbidden Desires Spin-off #1)
  • The Teaching Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5.5)
  • Summer Fling: A Sexy Summer Anthology
  • Fan Mail
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology Volume 4
  • Golden Boy and the Two Bears (Happily Ever Asher, #2)
  • A King in Wonderland (Happily Ever Asher, #3)
  • Forbidden (Siren Cove #1)
  • Scarification (Irons and Works, #6)
  • Find Me I'm Yours
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
Patty Carothers and Amy Brewer are hometown Missouri friends who share a passion for reading, writing, and raising children. With six teenagers between them, they are steeped in a world of angst and drama. They have focused their teen expertise into writing with authentic teen voice. They currently are working on the Texting Prince Charming series. They love to write stories about teens who overco ...more

Related Articles

Angeline Boulley set out over a decade ago to write the story she wanted to read as a young Ojibwe teenager. The result is Firekeeper's Daughter,...
“An upbeat song played over the loudspeaker, and everyone's attention focused on the Jumbotron above the basketball court.
"It's time for the Bulls' Kiss Cam. So, pucker up for your sweetie and kiss them."
The camera found an older couple in their fifties. The man pulled his wife, I assumed, in for a quick peck on the lips.
"Aww. That is so sweet," Trina said. She proceeded to yank poor Owen to his seat in case the spotlight landed on them. She'd do just about anything to get on television, even if it meant not kissing Owen tonight to do so.
"That is so staged," I said and sneaked a quick peek at my phone, seeing if he messaged me back. He didn’t.
"Really?" she countered and slapped my arm. Once I glanced her way, she pointed towards the large screen looming above.
On the screen was Sebastian and me as the camera had just so happened to find us. It stayed there zooming closer. And closer. And closer.
"Come on," the announcer called out, prodding us. "Just one kiss won't hurt."
He had no idea what he was asking. A kiss would initiate feelings I couldn't avoid any longer.
I momentarily forgot how to breathe as the song, “Kiss the Girl” from the Little Mermaid hummed at my lips. Not the best choice, but still. Everything became much worse once my giant moved into view, smiling my favorite smile.
Sebastian inched closer; eyebrow cocked to dare me."No pressure or anything."
I was quiet for a moment before whispering, "Game on, buddy."
My eyes closed a few heartbeats shy of Sebastian's lips meeting mine. His hands rose, cupping my cheeks to keep me from pulling away. Like that was going to happen.
Sebastian’s mouth moved against mine, and I conceded, kissing him in return. He tasted sweet and minty, like the home I’d been missing. The kiss turned from soft and tame to fierce and wantingas if neither of us could get enough.
And already, I considered myself a goner.
Everything became a haze. My heart thumped so wildly against my chest, I swore Sebastian could hear. The crowd surrounding us was whistling and cheering us on, and it only kept gaining momentum as the moments passed. The noise quickly faded until it was as if we were the only two people in the room. We could have been the only two people on earth.
"Okay, guys." Trina tapped my shoulder, garnering my attention. "Camera has moved on now."
That was our cue to separate, and I slowly drew away from Sebastian.
He, in turn, slipped his hand to the back of my neck, holding me here. "Don't," he sighed against my lips.
I didn't budge another inch. I didn't want to. Sebastian rewarded me by deepening the kiss. Dear God. There were sparks. My stomach flipped. My toes curled. My body warmed. Every single inch of me only wanted one thing and one thing only.
If this continued for too much longer, it was easy to guess my new favorite hobby: Kissing Sebastian Freaking Birch.
Needing some air, I pressed my palm flat against his chest. This time he released me as we both were breathless.
Sebastian's eyes carefully studied me. He kept staring as if he could read my heart, my mind. And for those brief few seconds, I honestly didn't believe there were any secrets between us. His gaze shifted as he gauged what to do next, and I had no freaking idea where we went from here. We'd done it now. We crossed that line, and there was no way of ever going back.”
1 likes