Start by marking “De Strijdmagiër (Summoner, #3)” as Want to Read:
De Strijdmagiër (Summoner, #3)

De Strijdmagiër

(Summoner #3)

Fletcher en zijn vrienden moeten vechten om te overleven als ze de ether doorkruisen op zoek naar een weg terug naar hun eigen wereld. Terwijl ze worden opgejaagd door Wyvern-rijders en de wilde demonen die de buitenaardse jungles bewonen, begint de tijd te dringen voordat het tegengif tegen de levensgevaarlijke lucht van de ether opraakt. Maar dat is nog niet het grootste ...more
Published April 24th 2018 by Uitgeverij Unieboek | Het Spectrum bv (first published May 2nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about De Strijdmagiër, please sign up.
Alatàriël
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I can't believe I have had this book for a year and just now read it. This was a pre order for Pete's sake!!

But luckily, I'm only spending time reading as many books as I can in two of my groups to get my badges and get books DONE! This one now gets its place on the shelf with the first two. Of course now there is a prequel coming out in May. Not sure when I will get to that one as I will surely be in chemo when that comes out.

I'm so happy this was a great ending to a great trilogy! I truly ho
Ben Alderson
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well... how do I start.

Firstly, this series is for fans of the following. Harry Potter ( I know thats cringe because everyone says that but just bear with me. ) Pokemon... yes you read that.. Pokemon. Warcraft and Skyrim.

Its set in a fantasy world with a cast of amazing, diverse characters. The premise is that some people can summon demons, making them summoners and they go to a school to learn what that means. I wont say anything else because I want you to not be spoiled .. so READ THIS SERIES.
Choko
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: demons, fantasy, ya
*** 4.44 ***

OK, I had no patience to wait for my buddy readers, so as soon as I finished book two in the trilogy, I dived in this one... Wow!!! I think my label of middle-aged woman came off and was replaced by my inner teenage boy, with big letters on my forehead:):):) This world has really won me over, while having me root for the Disney/Pokemon like cute-as-hell demons!!! In this book there was even one that was like a benevolent giant tortuous, whom our heroes were very lucky to encounter in
Ricky
According to that (new) cover, it's welcome to Mars, I guess...with Fletcher looking very, very dangerous. And of course, Ignatius in the background, having evolved...sorry, metamorphosed from a cute little Salamander to a bigger, be-winged, and now, more Toothless-like than ever, Drake.

So at last we come to the end of the Summoner series...or is it? Not with this level of high action, and highly relevant social commentary as the previous books' allegory for the rampant prejudices of today's wor
Jenny
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ich will nicht das es zuende ist 😣
Scott  Hitchcock
All four books in this series including the prequel 3.5*'s.

A good old school series where there's the good guys vs the bad guys and very little gray. This YA/Epic tale is well written and the thing I liked most about it was the world. The aether and especially the demon types were well thought out and entertaining.

I did this series as a group read but also read it with my middle schooler at the same time. She enjoyed the books and it's a very safe series for tweens. Fantasy 101 for them to lea
Grace
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't want to wait this long, I'm desperate for the next book.... And please tell me that fletcher falls in love with Sylva cause I ship them. I ship them A LOT. So yeah. This is just a suggestion that I would like to see in the book.
Tammie
The Battlemage was a good ending to the Summoner series. There were a couple of things that were left open ended that could be revisited if the author ever decides to continue the series, but everything was pretty much wrapped up nicely. What I like most about this series are the demons. I love the giant turtle demon that they encountered and I loved what we found out about Ignatius. Overall this is a good series with all the books being equally likeable. This is a YA fantasy series that I would ...more
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
4 Golden stars

Plot: ★★★★/5
full of epic moments, adventures & battles!
a bit slow in the middle.
but again, rush of adrenaline after that :)
Chapter 15 & 31 were full of excitements!
World building: ★★★★/5
Shelves: 2018
Finally...such a good ending...~♥
Bri Stroud
Jul 09, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I don't want to wait this long!
Emily
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure how this has such a high average rating. I had really high expectations for this because most of the reviews are very positive. But I struggled through the entire thing and if it had not been the last book in a trilogy, I probably wouldn't have finished it.

Matharu is a good writer in terms of style. For me it flows well and for the most part conversations feel real. And the first two books in the series were pretty good - I even liked book two more than book one and assumed this wo
Wayne
5 star finish to a good series

I have really enjoyed this series but this took it to another level I think.

The world building takes it up a notch here as we see some new places and some old ones revived.
It really works and transports you into that world quite perfectly. There's also some battle scenes that I thought were done extremely well.

The characters are fantastic as always and Fletcher really grows and develops in this one and I really like seeing that transformation happen. Sylva though is
Yasi
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
واو... کتاب فوق العاده ای بود..نمیدونم چرا یه سریا خوششون نیومده...به نظر من واقعا خوب بود. واقعا. بعد از کتاب اول کاملا از داستانهای تکراری فاصله گرفت وانگار...میکس بود...مگامیکس شاید بهتره چون اونقدر کتابهای مختلف رو قاطی هم داشت که نمیشه گفت.جالب بود. کتاب دوم و سوم رو توی یک روز و شب خوندم و واقعا دوستشون داشتم و پیشنهاد میکنم. اما ممکنه همه خوششون نیاد.هوم.
Beagle Lover (Avid Reader)
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA, monsters, ether dimensions, friendships, good vs. evil, war
4.25 stars. Once again, Taran Matharu delivers another action-filled and engrossing novel of Fletcher and his demon, Ignatius. As the plot contains many surprising twists and turns; more than the average rollercoaster, this third book in the Summoner series had me turning page after page with excited anticipation. With more character development and even more battles to endure, Fletcher and his fellow protagonists must overcome seemingly insurmountable foes, battles and adversities from every qu ...more
Hailee (haibooklovers)
Full review on the blog!

Fletcher is maybe one of the best characters I've read...he's just generally a likeable guy. The kind everybody wants in their corner. He shines in this book. The relationships he has with various characters are a joy to read. And since this is one of those fate-of-the-world finales, there's some heartbreak too. But that in itself is a kind of victory for authors, yea? They've made us care about these fictional characters.

I still can't quite figure out if I'd classify thi
Tannaz
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
حق با ایناک است. جلد سه به نسبت ضعیف تر از دو جلد قبل بود.
Meisa
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is greatly unappreciated. Long gone the young boy from the pelt and instead stood a strong warrior. The character development through this series was outstanding. This series was original and was absolutely amazing. The politics was actually interesting rather than boring and the magic/demons system has a refreshing twist. Honestly this series just blew my mind and was about so much more than a young boy who was found to be special and went to a school. Highly recommended.
Joshua
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't begin to describe how much heart and feeling this series has. I tear up with how much I actually feel at times and laugh at others. This is an incredible series and I can't wait to get to the next one!
Jonathan Wilson
4.5 Stars

Good but maybe a little rushed.
Vanessa Loockx
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wat een einde zeg ... die battles ... effe bekomen ... wat heb ik genoten van de avonturen v Fletcher en zijn vrienden. Gelukkig heb ik nog een prequel die ik nog moet lezen!!
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
I really loved this one!
RTC
Aoife
I received a free digital copy of this book from the publishers/author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Battlemage is the third book in The Summoner series and in this one, Fletcher and his demons, Ignatius and Athena as well as his best friend have to work their way out of the Ether they’re trapped in (without dying), and then catapult into the final battle between their home and the orcs trying to take it.

I really enjoyed this book as always - and it had been almost two year
Vampress Bathory
Wooow!!! What a book!! I loved every single thing about it and there's nothing I would change. First things first, this has become one of my favourite series of all times, hands down!!! I mean, it has everything a fantasy lover wishes for. Great world, awesome plot, dwarfs, orcs, goblins, elves, summoners and magical beings. They're not kidding when they say this series is a cross between Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Pokemon and I might add His Dark Materials. Trust me, you're in for a ride! ...more
Mehrshad Zarei
2.5
خب این هم جلد پایانی مجموعه احضارگر که متاسفانه اصلا شایسته ی همچین روایتی نبود. چهارصد صفحه اول عملا همش حرف از راهپیمایی،توصیف جن ها، خانه سازی، انواع غذاها، انواع سلاح ها و حرف از چیزهایی که نباید زده میشد گذشت واقعا هیچ پیشروی خاصی نداشت در حالی که در جلد های قبل پل ها چیده شده بودن تا در این جلد کلی هیجان داشته باشیم و بعد در صد صفحه آخر داستان تموم میشه با یک جنگ که سرنوشت تمام دشمنان فلچر مشخص میشه که به نظرم اون هم ضعیف بود. خیلی ازجاهای کتاب اتفاقاتی شگفت انگیز میوفتاد اما هیچ یک ا
Mikheil
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I struggled though the first half of "Battle Mage" repetitive, slow paced and unexciting as it was. But what an outstanding ending for the trilogy. Epic battles, magic, friendship, betrayal, sacrifice, love, hatred and amazing plethora of emotions condensed in the last third of the book.
I still believe that three average books could have been combined into one solid  artwork.
Dani C
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
I shed so many tears! 😭
Erin Wolak
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hard-cover
So in a few days my book club will be reviewing this book in detail...however right now I just want to say, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I FINALLY GOT LOVETT AND ARCTURUS!!!!!! EEEEEKKKKKK. Sorry, I'm mostly composed now.
Sara Saif

Kaput went any and every little problem I had with this series as soon as I started reading the Battlemage. It put its predecessors and a lot of other trilogy finales to shame by how glorious it was. Finesse, mortals, finesse. It was filled to the neck with it. From the first page to the last it was shameless PERFECTION. GAH! *flops around like a dying fish*

The first one was okay, the second one was much better and this one was BLOODY SPECTACULAR. I loved the prose, loved the pace, loved the bat

Zachary Flye
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review:

Protagonist: At the end of The Inquisition, Fletcher's world got rocked when the prisoner he and his team were sent to recover wasn't Lady Cavendish as they thought, but Fletcher's own mother, long thought to be dead. However, before he could even let that twist faze him, they all had to jump straight into the ether, a place believed to be poisonous to humans. Fletcher's journey in this story is a pretty interesting one. His team looks to him as a leader and even when all seems hopeless h
review 1 7 Jan 29, 2018 11:42AM
Fantasy Buddy Reads: The Battlemage [September 2017] 41 54 Sep 19, 2017 10:41AM
  • Strikeforce (Skyship Academy, #3)
  • The Rebels of Gold (Loom Saga #3)
  • Mother of the Moonrat (The Bowl of Souls #5)
  • The Exiled Blade (The Assassini, #3)
  • Project Elfhome (Elfhome, #4.5)
  • Dragonvein (Dragonvein, #2)
  • The Double Edged Sword
  • Star Mage (The Enslaved Chronicles, #3)
  • Revolution (Replica, #3)
  • Charity's Storm (Charity, #4)
  • A Daughter of No Nation (Hidden Sea Tales, #2)
  • Warrior's Last Gift (Warrior, #1.5)
  • Dragon and Judge (Dragonback, #5)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • The Severed Realm (The Riven Gates, #2)
  • Frogs and Kisses (Enchanted, Inc. #8)
  • The Never Paradox
  • A Dragon of a Different Color (Heartstrikers, #4)
Taran Matharu is the New York Times bestselling author of the Summoner series, which has been translated into 15 languages and has sold over a million copies. He was born in London in 1990 and found a passion for writing during early adolescence, beginning his first book at 9 years old.

Straight after graduating with a First Class degree in Business Administration, Taran was keen to explore a new a

Summoner (4 books)
  • The Novice (Summoner, #1)
  • The Inquisition (Summoner, #2)
  • The Outcast (Summoner, #0.1)